PDA

View Full Version : Reviewing MMA Website Week One

Tyburn
05-12-2009, 11:07 PM
So here is my grand Idea. Each week on a Tuesday I shall post a thread with a poll and a link to a website of some MMA Fighter.

I'd like you to take just a few moments, to click the link and browse the website. Then come back and cast your vote.

1=not very good
2=Good/okay
3=very good

On Sunday each week the poll will close and the most number of votes will translate into points.

Each week in my video blog, I shall be assessing the website in question, giving out upto three points under the following Categories

*Style and Layout
*Features and interaction
*Content

Then I will add to it the final section, which is the result of the poll above

The website will then have a number of points out of a maximum of 12, which I've translated into a belt colour award for the website

1-4 White
5-6 Green
7-8 Purple
9-10 Brown
11-12 Black

I'm thinking of doing this for about 20 weeks :) please take part. It really wont take very long :laugh:

First website

http://www.richfranklin.com :ninja:

atomdanger
05-13-2009, 10:21 AM
I suppose I have to give it a three.

It has a video section, photos, bio, store, etc...
Its actually also pretty nice lol

Tyburn
05-13-2009, 12:21 PM
I suppose I have to give it a three.

It has a video section, photos, bio, store, etc...
Its actually also pretty nice lol
:) thanks for taking part :w00t: .

Come on everybody!! only three people have voted!!! You dont need to do anything more then click a few buttons. chop, chop and pass your vote

MattHughesRocks
05-13-2009, 04:12 PM
One of the cutest guys to ever grace the octagon. I give it a 3 ! :w00t:

NateR
05-13-2009, 07:22 PM
It's fairly well designed. It has an intro page, which I've never liked on any website. Intro pages with fancy videos are nice the first time you visit a site, but they actually hinder repeat traffic since it's just one more page to click through to get to the actual web content. It also has videos that start loading automatically once you navigate to the site, which is another strike against it in my book. Websites need to be designed for the lowest common denominator when you're considering internet connection speeds. Right now there are still plenty of people on modems, and I'm sure a site like this one would wreak havoc with a slower connection.

So, I give it a 2 based on those two problems.

Blmfighter
05-13-2009, 08:15 PM
I will give it a 2 based on the fact that it is very busy and it took me a few minutes to figure out what the calendar was for.

Tyburn
05-13-2009, 08:50 PM
this is excellent feedback! thankyou for casting your vote.

If you havent voted yet...there is still time. The poll wont close until Saturday :)

Tyburn
05-14-2009, 07:43 PM
COME ON AND VOTE PEOPLE...dont make me PM you :laugh:

NateR
05-15-2009, 05:02 AM
I feel like lambasting another website, who's next on the list? :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
05-15-2009, 05:05 AM
Dave, you should do 2 or 3 a week. We really don't need a whole week for one.Especially NateR. He only needs seconds to trash it :laugh:

Josh
05-15-2009, 05:09 AM
Dave, you should do 2 or 3 a week. We really don't need a whole week for one.Especially NateR. He only needs seconds to trash it :laugh:
I agree. Does Melvin Guillard have a website? Diego Sanchez must. This will be fun!

VCURamFan
05-15-2009, 06:48 AM
Could we do Arrianny Celeste's website? I think I'd need to spend a week there. Or maybe Gina's.

Tyburn
05-15-2009, 12:23 PM
:rolleyes: As you wish. Lets do another website....follow the link!! its poll time again!!! :laugh:

http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1596

Tyburn
05-18-2009, 01:48 AM
anymore for anymore :huh:

Hughes_GOAT
05-18-2009, 01:58 AM
he gets a 2 and if you do BJ's page, that's a definite 3!

Tyburn
05-18-2009, 12:01 PM
Assessment time. After the assessment is complete, I will lock this thread taking the result of the poll as it is. You've got probably about ten mins if you want to cast your vote before its all over :ninja:

Tyburn
05-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Alright, the popular vote is secured at 3 points. To see the rest of the assessment, you'll have to check out the video which I will put in the "Website Review Assessment" thread later today :laugh: Thank you all for participating