PDA

View Full Version : 3 years done..................

Jonlion
05-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Ok, so i completed my last exam at University today and with that i shall graduate after 3 years of studying History and i have loved it.

Last two exams were on the Crusades and the Norman Conquest of Britain.

Great stuff and i cannot fail to be enamoured by these great men and women of the past.

I am proud of myself because after working Full Time for a couple of years i decided to go back to uni for my passion of History and took a cut in pay, was older, my friends all nearly graduating. For me its nice to see 3 years hard work come to fruition.

just wanted to share!

thanks!

medic92
05-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Congratulations! It's a real eye-opener to go to college after having been in the "real world" first isn't it?

Jonlion
05-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Congratulations! It's a real eye-opener to go to college after having been in the "real world" first isn't it?

Definetly made me a little more focused and aware even if i didnt quite sign up for the full "college experiance" instead of partying, i went the library!

Cheers!

Llamafighter
05-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Congrats!

Hughes_GOAT
05-12-2009, 06:04 PM
so what are you going to do with it?

Crisco
05-12-2009, 06:12 PM

The same thing we do every night GOAT... TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD

Primadawn
05-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Congrats Jon! Well Done!!!

Jonlion
05-13-2009, 05:38 PM

Well as i am currently still employed, after i travel in America, i come back to a job that pays pretty well but i loathe.

The aim is to move into something that i have a passion for and there are some interesting jobs with the English Heritage Trust and such where i would be involved with management, allocation of funds, dealing with local governement in the preservation promotion of Historical buildings.

So you get invited to all the grand openings and such.

Its a shame i am entering a slightly depressed job market but with a History Degree, you can pretty much apply for any jobs as it shows various skills that i can apply to any job.

I may be wrong but i think america works a little more specifically with Degree's and jobs. Whilst here a Geography major can get you a top job with a Bank if you got good grades and went to a good College.

We'lll see but if i dont find the dream job yet, then i will happily do a job that pays well to fund my outside lifestyle and then maybe mid thirties i would be tempted to take up teaching and share the passion!

Whatever way, when i gave up full time working to go back i reasoned that whatever way i would be happy, i am down 15,000 but the stuff i learnt and appreciate is worth it. I a so glad i went.

Tyburn
05-14-2009, 06:52 PM
Ok, so i completed my last exam at University today and with that i shall graduate after 3 years of studying History and i have loved it.

Last two exams were on the Crusades and the Norman Conquest of Britain.

Great stuff and i cannot fail to be enamoured by these great men and women of the past.

I am proud of myself because after working Full Time for a couple of years i decided to go back to uni for my passion of History and took a cut in pay, was older, my friends all nearly graduating. For me its nice to see 3 years hard work come to fruition.

just wanted to share!

thanks!
:laugh: I didnt even know you were at University :blink:

Is it UCL or University of London that you were with :huh: I was at Heythrop Colleage, University of London back in 2003/2004 :unsure:

Hughes_GOAT
05-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Well as i am currently still employed, after i travel in America, i come back to a job that pays pretty well but i loathe.

The aim is to move into something that i have a passion for and there are some interesting jobs with the English Heritage Trust and such where i would be involved with management, allocation of funds, dealing with local governement in the preservation promotion of Historical buildings.

So you get invited to all the grand openings and such.

Its a shame i am entering a slightly depressed job market but with a History Degree, you can pretty much apply for any jobs as it shows various skills that i can apply to any job.

I may be wrong but i think america works a little more specifically with Degree's and jobs. Whilst here a Geography major can get you a top job with a Bank if you got good grades and went to a good College.

We'lll see but if i dont find the dream job yet, then i will happily do a job that pays well to fund my outside lifestyle and then maybe mid thirties i would be tempted to take up teaching and share the passion!

Whatever way, when i gave up full time working to go back i reasoned that whatever way i would be happy, i am down 15,000 but the stuff i learnt and appreciate is worth it. I a so glad i went.

well it sounds like you have it all planned out! whatever you choose, i'm sure it will be great for you!

Llamafighter
05-14-2009, 08:02 PM
The same thing we do every night GOAT... TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD

Hahahaha Claaaasssiiic!:laugh:

Hughes_GOAT
05-14-2009, 08:06 PM
it's Pinkie and the Brain, it's Pinkie and the Brain, one is a genius, the other's insane.

Jonlion
05-15-2009, 01:19 PM
:laugh: I didnt even know you were at University :blink:

Is it UCL or University of London that you were with :huh: I was at Heythrop Colleage, University of London back in 2003/2004 :unsure:

Dave i have said plenty of times!!!!!!!! I worked full time for RBS, then went back to Uni at 20, and stayed part time for RBS during which i stuydied History! And I have loved it!

I went to Goldsmiths but also Kings this year for the Norman Conquest of Britain.

Bill the Conqueror was a great man and my personal favourite Archbishop Lanfranc, i would implore you to learn about him.

Tyburn
05-15-2009, 04:35 PM
Bill the Conqueror was a great man and my personal favourite Archbishop Lanfranc, i would implore you to learn about him.
Wasnt he the person who consolidated the theology of Transubstantiation :huh: