PDA

View Full Version : Matt sighting!

adamt
01-29-2009, 04:57 PM
My sister in law and mother in law were at Litchfield Walmart and saw Matt and his wife there!

And can you believe they got me no picture or autograph!! They know I am a huge hughes fan, but they might be telling me about a mark sighting for all i know, but I was still disappointed in them :( Oh well, better that than matt getting stalked by my mom in law :)

Kinda funny, cause we always look for matt when we go to walmart down there visiting :)

But just another example of how matt is a regular ol joe.

adamt
01-29-2009, 05:05 PM
update: From what i gather, my mom in law might have asked for his autograph, not sure how it went but she didn't quite get it. So, matt if that was you--- sorry, you know how in laws are. And mark- if that was you--- even sorrier.

And if my mother in law happens to read this--- thanks for the effort, i appreciate it :)

I kinda feel bad for matt if he gets bombarded like that all the time :)

matthughesfan21
01-29-2009, 05:09 PM
My sister in law and mother in law were at Litchfield Walmart and saw Matt and his wife there!

And can you believe they got me no picture or autograph!! They know I am a huge hughes fan, but they might be telling me about a mark sighting for all i know, but I was still disappointed in them :( Oh well, better that than matt getting stalked by my mom in law :)

Kinda funny, cause we always look for matt when we go to walmart down there visiting :)

But just another example of how matt is a regular ol joe.that would be cool to see him there, but if I did I would leave him alone...If I feel like a regular ol' joe enough to go to wal-mart, I probably wouldn't want to be flocked

rearnakedchoke
01-29-2009, 05:34 PM
as long as you don't ask him to put you in an RNC(we all know what happened last time), then i am sure a hey matt, or kill serra would be fine ... LOL ..

mikthehick
01-29-2009, 06:47 PM
Yeah, just leave him alone. He's a regular dude like the rest of us.

Just the only difference is I'll never be a WW champ, but that's ok. :) He knows he's gotta good fan base and that's pretty much all that matters ;)

Llamafighter
01-29-2009, 07:25 PM
I would jsut want to say hey and wish him well. Autographs have never been a huge deal to me. Being from a small town I'm sure he ses people he knows all the time that stop and talk to him.

matt hughes
01-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Sorry but it wasn't me.

But just another example of how matt is a regular ol joe.

rearnakedchoke
01-29-2009, 08:07 PM
Sorry but it wasn't me.

LOL ... I knew matt wouldn't brush off a fan like that ...

hizo64
01-29-2009, 10:14 PM
Sorry but it wasn't me.

Matt should've said "Sorry but it wasn't me, It was mine and Mark's evil triplet Marshall." :D

VCURamFan
01-29-2009, 10:18 PM
LOL ... I knew matt wouldn't brush off a fan like that ...That leaves you with two options:

1) You say your in laws are stupid/crazy (that's dangerous)
2) You say that Mark was the jerk who wouldn't sign an autograph (that's suicide!)

rearnakedchoke
01-29-2009, 10:21 PM
That leaves you with two options:

2) You say that Mark was the jerk who wouldn't sign an autograph (that's suicide!)

or there is a guy out there who looks like matt and instead of telling people he isn't matt, just declines autographs

VCURamFan
01-29-2009, 10:44 PM
or there is a guy out there who looks like matt and instead of telling people he isn't matt, just declines autographsWhich is dangerous for him!!!

adamt
01-29-2009, 11:56 PM
That leaves you with two options:

option #1--- you have no idea how right you are! I was just thrilled they remembered i was a hughes fan!

option #2---- I wouldn't say anything mean like that, but I'm way up here in iowa and i doubt mark would be stupid enough to come get me, he would figure I am getting punished enough with 2 foot of snow and subzero temps :)

oh well, i'm still hoping one day matt gets a deer small enough he lets me mount it for him LOL I'll get his autograph then :) Or maybe I could interest him in some prime pheasant hunting next fall, if he's in central iowa. I know them illini think they got as good of deer hunting as us hawkeyes but they surely can't claim they got the birds that we do :) I'll trade a limit of roosters for his autograph---- well, let me rephrase that I'll give him a chance at a limit----- if he can hit 'em.

Oddtodd76
01-30-2009, 01:46 AM
What happened was they probably seen my wife an I at walmart. I get stopped everyday for looking identical to Matt. :blink:

Mac
01-30-2009, 02:06 AM
if he can hit 'em.

im not one to give compliments just here and there , but i dont think youd have to worry about that. I ribbed him also but when it comes right down to it , hes a pretty damn good shot.

Boomer
01-30-2009, 05:25 AM
Yeah, just leave him alone. He's a regular dude like the rest of us.

Just the only difference is I'll never be a WW champ, but that's ok. :) He knows he's gotta good fan base and that's pretty much all that matters ;)

I would jsut want to say hey and wish him well. Autographs have never been a huge deal to me. Being from a small town I'm sure he ses people he knows all the time that stop and talk to him.

Pffffttttt ... screw you guys ... I have a variety pack of Sharpies with me at all time just in case he happens by my mud hut here in Kabul. Silver and gold in case I'm wearing a dark color shirt, red and black for light colored, then green .. just cause its my favorite color. :D I have my MH Book, Doll, Trading Card, and PR shot all in my backpack. Luck favors the prepared. So while all you sissy fans are pointing at him in a distance trying to get things together for him to sign a candy wrapper, I'm B lining at him full speed ...

MMAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTT !!!!!! I HAVE THINGS FOR YOU TO SIGN SIR!!!! DON'T WALK INTO THAT BATHROOM OR I'M COMING WITH YOU!!!

VCURamFan
01-30-2009, 05:27 AM
MMAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTT !!!!!! I HAVE THINGS FOR YOU TO SIGN SIR!!!! DON'T WALK INTO THAT BATHROOM OR I'M COMING WITH YOU!!!Why does this not surprise me?:laugh:

Boomer
01-30-2009, 05:29 AM
im not one to give compliments just here and there , but i dont think youd have to worry about that. I ribbed him also but when it comes right down to it , hes a pretty damn good shot.

What about me Mac??? :w00t: Think I could hit them?? <fishing for a compliment>

Boomer
01-30-2009, 05:29 AM
Why does this not surprise me?:laugh:

:D

VCURamFan
01-30-2009, 05:33 AM
:DHow's the sand treating you, brother? Any stories yet? Mini-tales?

Boomer
01-30-2009, 05:45 AM
Well Ben, its a lot different then Iraq. Not Sand .. Mud. :D And yes .. tales are in the weave as we speak .. high speed car chases .... House cats that would eat Snitchel attacking .... and oh so much more.

VCURamFan
01-30-2009, 05:48 AM
Well Ben, its a lot different then Iraq. Not Sand .. Mud. :D And yes .. tales are in the weave as we speak .. high speed car chases .... House cats that would eat Snitchel attacking .... and oh so much more.Ah, mud! I'm well experienced with mud! How's the work? Do you get any down time?

Boomer
01-30-2009, 05:50 AM
Just landed in country 5 days ago .... still trying to find true north. As per par, nothing that was told me in DC is the reality of the situation. ;) Just feeling my way through the dark right now. Ill find the light switch though.

VCURamFan
01-30-2009, 05:58 AM
Just landed in country 5 days ago .... still trying to find true north. As per par, nothing that was told me in DC is the reality of the situation. ;) Just feeling my way through the dark right now. Ill find the light switch though.I'll be praying for you. I'm sure once you find the switch, you'll realize they re-allocated the bulb!:laugh:

Hey, you got a mailing address over there by any chance?

Boomer
01-30-2009, 06:00 AM
I'll be praying for you. I'm sure once you find the switch, you'll realize they re-allocated the bulb!:laugh:

Not yet, but ill post it on my site when I do. ;)

MattHughesRocks
01-30-2009, 06:04 AM
You can mail anything good to me. I'll make sure he gets it :)

VCURamFan
01-30-2009, 06:06 AM
Not yet, but ill post it on my site when I do. ;)Cool. I'll be waiting for that...:wink:

VCURamFan
01-30-2009, 06:08 AM
You can mail anything good to me. I'll make sure he gets it :)Well, I might need to practice this whole "sending stuff" process...

MattHughesRocks
01-30-2009, 06:14 AM
Pracitse on me and send me stuff!:w00t:

Well, I might need to practice this whole "sending stuff" process...

mikthehick
01-30-2009, 12:59 PM
Pffffttttt ... screw you guys ... I have a variety pack of Sharpies with me at all time just in case he happens by my mud hut here in Kabul. Silver and gold in case I'm wearing a dark color shirt, red and black for light colored, then green .. just cause its my favorite color. :D I have my MH Book, Doll, Trading Card, and PR shot all in my backpack. Luck favors the prepared. So while all you sissy fans are pointing at him in a distance trying to get things together for him to sign a candy wrapper, I'm B lining at him full speed ...

MMAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTT !!!!!! I HAVE THINGS FOR YOU TO SIGN SIR!!!! DON'T WALK INTO THAT BATHROOM OR I'M COMING WITH YOU!!!

but ya see, the problem is, if I followed poor matt into a bathroom that would just be weird and gross.....plus I would probably be arrested....

ps--Green is probably the best color ever invented, at one time, I had a green backpack, car, sweater, and hat, all on St. Patricks day :cool:

pss--stay safe over there, an effective tool against mud is pouring gravel or rocks in it, prevents mud holes and gives ya some traction--that's one thing I learned from my hippy major and practiced it in real life at the stables! :laugh:

Bonnie
01-30-2009, 10:50 PM
Just landed in country 5 days ago .... still trying to find true north. As per par, nothing that was told me in DC is the reality of the situation. ;) Just feeling my way through the dark right now. Ill find the light switch though.

Boomer, don't disillusion us! :Whistle: :laugh: