PDA

View Full Version : Palestinian & Gaza refugees coming to U.S. at OUR expense

rockdawg21
05-07-2009, 02:31 AM
How could this not have been reported? Obama authorized 20.3 million dollars of taxpayers' money to fund for migration Palestinians and refugees in Gaza, supposed "conflict victims" of Hamas. This is such BS!

This is right from the U.S. Government Printing Office

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2009/E9-2488.htm

[Federal Register: February 4, 2009 (Volume 74, Number 22)]
[Presidential Documents]
[Page 6115]
From the Federal Register Online via GPO Access [wais.access.gpo.gov]
[DOCID:fr04fe09-106]

Presidential Documents

[[Page 6115]]

Presidential Determination No. 2009-15 of January 27,

Unexpected Urgent Refugee and Migration Needs
Related To Gaza

Memorandum for the Secretary of State

By the authority vested in me by the Constitution and
the laws of the United States, including section
2(c)(1) of the Migration and Refugee Assistance Act of
1962 (the ``Act''), as amended (22 U.S.C. 2601), I
hereby determine, pursuant to section 2(c)(1) of the
Act, that it is important to the national interest to
furnish assistance under the Act in an amount not to
exceed $20.3 million from the United States Emergency
Refugee and Migration Assistance Fund for the purpose
of meeting unexpected and urgent refugee and migration
needs, including by contributions to international,
governmental, and nongovernmental organizations and
payment of administrative expenses of Bureau of
Population, Refugees, and Migration of the Department
of State, related to humanitarian needs of Palestinian
refugees and conflict victims in Gaza.

You are authorized and directed to publish this
memorandum in the Federal Register.

(Presidential Sig.)

THE WHITE HOUSE,

Washington, January 27, 2009

[FR Doc. E9-2488
Filed 2-3-09; 8:45 am]

Billing code 4710-10-P

CAVEMAN
05-07-2009, 07:11 PM
A little help from Hillary Clinton made this happen!

Crisco
05-07-2009, 08:33 PM
If they are really innocent people I don't mind. I'd rather them be here at the cost of some tax cash be stuck there in the middle getting killed.

We've spent billions trying to pacify Iraq why not another 20 mill to save the lives of a lot of people.

I would personally donate funds to this type of thing if they were not already being sent through taxes.

Shoot From a Christians standpoint if we get them over here we might actually get the chance to convert some of them and save a few souls. Maybe this is God telling us to try and take the oppurunity to save some people that probably had no shot at it where they come from.

I'd trade that for a relatively small amount of money anyday.

Tyburn
05-07-2009, 11:09 PM
How could this not have been reported? Obama authorized 20.3 million dollars of taxpayers' money to fund for migration Palestinians and refugees in Gaza, supposed "conflict victims" of Hamas. This is such BS!

This is right from the U.S. Government Printing Office

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2009/E9-2488.htm
Sounds to me like its coming from an "Emergency Fund" in other words...Your taxes already paid enough to fill some kinda fund, and they are using a proportion of that fund to help Palastinian displacement. I expect thats the same fund the probably used to help clear up things like tornado displacement, hurricane displacement, flood displacement.

The Fund evidently has MORE then the figure stated because it clearly says that the sum if FROM the fund and gives a maximum figure to ringfence.

Why shouldnt the government choose what to spend that on? its already allocated monies...he's not charging you extra for this. I got that just from reading the script.

The way you've written this makes it sound like Obama has suddenly started a new fund...thats misleading, he's simply deciding what to spend from a displacement fund. Whats the problem with that? So long as he has enough in the fund to cover his own displacement...whats your problem? :huh: Thats 20Million was specifically allocated into a fund for displacement emergencies...and he's spending it on..a displacement...so I dont see what the issue is...its money that you'd give to this fund whether it went to Palastine or not. This is at no extra cost to you. So your complaint is a little bit off. A govenmental fund for emergency displacement...and you have a bone to pick with what displacement they choose to spend it on??? It even says it can be international, like paying for charity work or non governmental organisations...what?? would you rather it went to a different place like The International Red Cross or something?? I imagine the US doesnt need to draw on this fund to often...it probably has specific emergency funds for disastors...this is simply for displacement. So...it might only be available to spend on...say temporary Housing for people who lost their homes in Katrina...the rebuilding would not be paid for, thats damage not displacement...there isnt 20million pounds worth I dont think...I suppose you could argue they shouldnt have such a large budgit for that particular fund...but...

Miss Foxy
05-08-2009, 01:38 AM
If they are really innocent people I don't mind. I'd rather them be here at the cost of some tax cash be stuck there in the middle getting killed.

We've spent billions trying to pacify Iraq why not another 20 mill to save the lives of a lot of people.

I would personally donate funds to this type of thing if they were not already being sent through taxes.

Shoot From a Christians standpoint if we get them over here we might actually get the chance to convert some of them and save a few souls. Maybe this is God telling us to try and take the oppurunity to save some people that probably had no shot at it where they come from.

I'd trade that for a relatively small amount of money anyday.
Good way of thinking. Its true we should help instead of getting mad at it. I mean don't get me wrong I want to see more specifics as to what is actually happening. We all know the media can twist things a bit.

rearnakedchoke
05-08-2009, 03:28 PM
like crisco said, this is a good thing .. people just like bustin on barack for spending money .. he is just trying to get the US out of the s#$% hole that dubya put you in over the last 8 years ....

Crisco
05-08-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm not Anti-Dubya at all

I lean against Barrack on many things but not all.

But something like this is money well spent. THey need to screen these people properly and make sure they are not letting any baddies through the cracks.

20 million in terms of Federal tax dollars is cents on the dollar.