PDA

View Full Version : x-men origins: Wolverine

warriorlion
05-05-2009, 07:11 PM
has anyone seen this yet???

what did you think???

Llamafighter
05-05-2009, 07:28 PM
I thought it was decent. Had some good points and not so good points. I thought Liev Schreiber as Saber Tooth was awesome.

NateR
05-05-2009, 08:17 PM
It was decent. Nothing great like Iron Man or Spider Man, in fact i don't even think it was as good as either one of the Incredible Hulk movies. As far as the X-Men movies go, it's probably the best of the four, but that's not saying much.

Here's how I'd rate it against the recent crop of comic book movies that I've seen:

Iron Man: A+
Spider-Man 2: A+
300: A+
Watchmen: A
Spider-Man: A
The Incredible Hulk: B+
The Hulk: B
X-Men Origins: Wolverine: C+
X-Men 2: C
X-Men: C-
Spider-Man 3: D
X-Men 3: D- (Beast being in the film and Cyclops getting killed are the only reasons why it doesn't get an F)

Crisco
05-05-2009, 08:27 PM
It was decent. Nothing great like Iron Man or Spider Man, in fact i don't even think it was as good as either one of the Incredible Hulk movies. As far as the X-Men movies go, it's probably the best of the four, but that's not saying much.

Here's how I'd rate it against the recent crop of comic book movies that I've seen:

X-Men 3: D- (Beast being in the film and Cyclops getting killed are the only reasons why it doesn't get an F)

You didn't like spider-man 3? I thought the story was great and very touching.

ufcfan2
05-05-2009, 08:41 PM

I'd give X-men 3 a C;Dark Phoenix was about the only thing that saved it for me.
Spider-Man 3 I'd give it maybe a C- as they couldn't get a cohesive story going and the dance sequences were a joke(only good thing was Sandman imo).
Now to add a couple more:
Batman Begins: B
The Dark Knight:A(what can ya say Heath Ledger was great as the Joker)
Superman Returns: B-(visually it was good,just lack of action hurt this movie)

VCURamFan
05-05-2009, 08:45 PM

X-Men 3: D- (Beast being in the film and Cyclops getting killed are the only reasons why it doesn't get an F)Hahaha.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I pretty much agree with the rest of your grades. How come Watchmen only got an "A", though?

NateR
05-05-2009, 09:22 PM
You didn't like spider-man 3? I thought the story was great and very touching.

There was just too much going on with too many different villains. Venom really needed an entire movie to tell his story. Also those dance sequences with "dark Peter Parker" where just awful. Although I probably should watch it again on DVD. I find that I'm more forgiving of movies when I'm watching them at home.

NateR
05-05-2009, 09:24 PM
I'd give X-men 3 a C;Dark Phoenix was about the only thing that saved it for me.
Spider-Man 3 I'd give it maybe a C- as they couldn't get a cohesive story going and the dance sequences were a joke(only good thing was Sandman imo).
Now to add a couple more:
Batman Begins: B
The Dark Knight:A(what can ya say Heath Ledger was great as the Joker)
Superman Returns: B-(visually it was good,just lack of action hurt this movie)

Honestly, I forgot all about the Batman movies, but I've never been a big fan of the character.

Superman Returns would get an F from me. I really hated that movie, but I've been a huge Superman fan my entire life and they just got his character wrong on every possible level.

NateR
05-05-2009, 09:33 PM
I pretty much agree with the rest of your grades. How come Watchmen only got an "A", though?

The sex scenes were really annoying and unnecessary. Other than that it was nearly perfect.

Iron Man gets the top spot for me because I'd never been an Iron Man fan until seeing this movie. I was always aware of the character in the comic books but was just never really interested in him. The movie made me into an Iron Man fan and isn't that the whole point?

I've watched comic book movies about other characters who I wasn't really interested in and the movies failed to "convert" me: every Batman film, the Punisher movies, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Elektra, etc. So, Iron Man accomplished something pretty unique for me.

I was always a big fan of Spider-Man, Hulk, X-Men and the Fantastic Four, so in some ways those movies were always going to be let downs in one way or another. Iron Man exceeded my expectations in every way.

Speaking of the Fantastic Four films, but both of those would get C's from me. Maybe as high as a B- for Rise of the Silver Surfer.

VCURamFan
05-05-2009, 10:05 PM
The sex scenes were really annoying and unnecessary. Other than that it was nearly perfect.While agree that I could have done without, they were only included because they were part of the graphic novel. In my book, adherence to the source text is of utmost importance when you're converting a novel/comic book/short story/etc. to film.

It's a minor difference, I suppose, but I would have unequivocally given it an "A+".

ufcfan2
05-06-2009, 02:00 AM
I think I've enjoyed most of the comic movies that have come out in recent years.
I think theres been a few comic characters that I've wanted the movie to do well,but they just fell flat.
DareDevil; I enjoy this character,but the movie was bland.
Ghost Rider; never was a fan,but thought it could be a good movie,but again it fell way short.

I think I was always a big fan of Spider-Man always used to love the little skits on Sesame Street when I was a kid.. I also enjoyed Green Latern and Green Arrow,though I did'nt read much of their comics I enjoyed what I did read.
I will always have a special place in my mind for 'The Crow' it was one of the darkest,but yet enjoyable comic stories/movies I've seen.

Llamafighter
05-06-2009, 02:18 PM

Daredevil FFF
I would put X-Men 2 over Wolverine...
I thought Night Crawler made that movie.
haven't seen either of the Hulk movies. Daredevil gets an F in my book. Spawn too.
I would love to see a gritty 'Lobo" movie

Spiritwalker
05-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Superman Returns would get an F from me. I really hated that movie, but I've been a huge Superman fan my entire life and they just got his character wrong on every possible level.

AGREED!!! Returns was horrid... even though I don't find fault in Roth and Spacey. Bad script. Bad directing..

VCURamFan
05-06-2009, 03:45 PM
AGREED!!! Returns was horrid... even though I don't find fault in Roth and Spacey. Bad script. Bad directing..Spacey was a fantastic Luther.

Spiritwalker
05-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Spacey was a fantastic Luthor.

Fixed.

The only thing Kevin Spacey needs to work on is his directing...

Albino Alligator was BAD....

NateR
05-06-2009, 04:34 PM
AGREED!!! Returns was horrid... even though I don't find fault in Roth and Spacey. Bad script. Bad directing..

I knew that movie was in trouble when I saw that metrosexual actor they got to play Superman. I didn't bother to watch it in theaters and waited until it had been on DVD for a while. Even though Mark told me not to waste my money renting it, I had heard from a couple of other friends that it was one of the greatest superhero movies ever made. So, I rented it and.... Mark was right, it was terrible.

Llamafighter
05-06-2009, 04:45 PM
I didn't see it in the theatre but a friend of mine said it was AWESOME, so I bought it. I was greatly disappointed. Bryan Singer should stay away from super hero movies for a while.

NateR
05-06-2009, 04:51 PM
I didn't see it in the theatre but a friend of mine said it was AWESOME, so I bought it. I was greatly disappointed. Bryan Singer should stay away from super hero movies for a while.

I don't really understand why some people seem to love it so much. I don't know if it means anything, but all the people who recommended it to me were diehard Batman fans.

VCURamFan
05-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Maybe just the fact that Superman was back made them love it?

Btw, did anyone else notice that Kal-El was turned into the perfect Liberal Savior in that movie? That's what really ruined it for me.

Llamafighter
05-06-2009, 06:25 PM
I don't really understand why some people seem to love it so much. I don't know if it means anything, but all the people who recommended it to me were diehard Batman fans.

Good point!
I think my buddy wanted to like it SO much that his mind translated all the bad into good.

Crisco
05-11-2009, 03:13 PM
I think the part where the bullet folds when it hits his eye is what turned people on. I didn't care for it but it but that was a pretty awesome scene.

Miss Foxy
05-11-2009, 03:15 PM
I took the kiddies to see it and they loved it. I loved it as well, but I love the X-men series. I fell in love again with Hugh.. Oh lordy!!

NateR
05-12-2009, 05:42 AM
I guess next on the X-Men movies list is a Deadpool spin-off, a Magneto origin story, and a little something called X-Men: First Class which is supposed to document the early years of the very first team of X-Men. According to rumor sites, it's supposed to focus on Cyclops, Jean Grey and Beast. Of course, in the movie universe, Iceman and Angel are too young to be founding members like they were in the comics.

The First Class movie is what I'm most excited about, but I just wish it was a complete reboot, so they could make it about all 5 original members.

I'm also hoping that we'll see Beast in his human, non-furry form.

Llamafighter
05-12-2009, 11:56 AM
I guess next on the X-Men movies list is a Deadpool spin-off, a Magneto origin story, and a little something called X-Men: First Class which is supposed to document the early years of the very first team of X-Men. According to rumor sites, it's supposed to focus on Cyclops, Jean Grey and Beast. Of course, in the movie universe, Iceman and Angel are too young to be founding members like they were in the comics.

The First Class movie is what I'm most excited about, but I just wish it was a complete reboot, so they could make it about all 5 original members.

I'm also hoping that we'll see Beast in his human, non-furry form.

That would be cool. we got a glimpse of him on the TV in the second movie. I was disappointed that they didn't keep Iceman and Angel as contemporaries with the other founders.
Question: did Angel become ArchAngel or were they just connected in some way? I can't remember.

VCURamFan
05-12-2009, 06:18 PM
That would be cool. we got a glimpse of him on the TV in the second movie. I was disappointed that they didn't keep Iceman and Angel as contemporaries with the other founders.
Question: did Angel become ArchAngel or were they just connected in some way? I can't remember.Apocalypse lured Angel to him with the promise of a "cure", but then ended up corrupting him into one of his Four Horsemen, at which point he got blue skin, wore the blue-and-purple uniform, had metal wings & was re-named Archangel.