PDA

View Full Version : It's almost over...

VCURamFan
05-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Well, I'm in my last week as a student of Virginia Commonwealth University: this is Final's Week (Now, imagine me screaming that emphatically while kicking a man down a conveniently placed giant hole in my court-yard). I'm full of a mix of a thousand different emotions right now: excited to be so close to the end, stressed about these last few days, proud of what I've accomplished, nostalgic over all the happy memories, nervous about the future, sad to have to leave, etc., etc., etc.

Most importantly, though, I'm focused on these next 4 days, as I'm sure you can tell from my title & sig. The paper due tonight & the final on Thursday are both for my Philosophy of Law class, whereas tomorrow's paper is in my Semantics of Natural Language senior seminar course. These are without a doubt my two most difficult courses with the two professors who grade the hardest. I'm confident that I can do well, but I'm also feeling a little intimidated and overwhelmed by the sheer importance of each of these last three puzzle pieces. If I fudge up badly on any of these, it could really hurt my final grades & therefore my GPA.

I guess what I'm asking is just that y'all remember me (and Danelle & Derek & all the other college kids) right now as the end draws near. I know I would realyl appreciate any thought, prayers, advice, cookies, well-written 8 page philosophy papers, etc. that you could send my way. Also, don't be shocked if I disappear until after Thursday.

Then again, don't be surprised if I'm on here all the time during my breaks!:laugh:

Crisco
05-04-2009, 04:53 PM
:happydancing: :happydancing: Well, I'm in my last week as a student of Virginia Commonwealth University: this is Final's Week (Now, imagine me screaming that emphatically while kicking a man down a conveniently placed giant hole in my court-yard). I'm full of a mix of a thousand different emotions right now: excited to be so close to the end, stressed about these last few days, proud of what I've accomplished, nostalgic over all the happy memories, nervous about the future, sad to have to leave, etc., etc., etc.

Most importantly, though, I'm focused on these next 4 days, as I'm sure you can tell from my title & sig. The paper due tonight & the final on Thursday are both for my Philosophy of Law class, whereas tomorrow's paper is in my Semantics of Natural Language senior seminar course. These are without a doubt my two most difficult courses with the two professors who grade the hardest. I'm confident that I can do well, but I'm also feeling a little intimidated and overwhelmed by the sheer importance of each of these last three puzzle pieces. If I fudge up badly on any of these, it could really hurt my final grades & therefore my GPA.

I guess what I'm asking is just that y'all remember me (and Danelle & Derek & all the other college kids) right now as the end draws near. I know I would realyl appreciate any thought, prayers, advice, cookies, well-written 8 page philosophy papers, etc. that you could send my way. Also, don't be shocked if I disappear until after Thursday.

Then again, don't be surprised if I'm on here all the time during my breaks!:laugh:
:happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing:

JeEz Ben just freaking graduate already I'm sick of hearing about it from you :tongue0011:

VCURamFan
05-04-2009, 05:15 PM
:happydancing: :happydancing:
:happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing:

JeEz Ben just freaking graduate already I'm sick of hearing about it from you :tongue0011:Yeah, yeah. Shut it, you meat head!:laugh:

Crisco
05-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Yeah, yeah. Shut it, you meat head!:laugh:

11 yr old vegetarian :tongue0011: :tongue0011:

VCURamFan
05-04-2009, 05:34 PM
11 yr old vegetarian :tongue0011: :tongue0011:Hahahahaha!!!

At least he didn't call me French!:laugh:

Crisco
05-04-2009, 05:42 PM
Hahahahaha!!!

At least he didn't call me French!:laugh:

touche

County Mike
05-04-2009, 06:08 PM
Congrats Ben! I know you'll pull through and ace your finals. Good luck on your career path.

Llamafighter
05-04-2009, 06:18 PM
Good work buddy! look forward to celebrating the beginning of your career and the end of Matt Serra's in LV!

Jonlion
05-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Almost same boat as me, just two exams for me to do on the 11th and 12th so spending all day down the library revising.

Today was 11am to 7pm, im now off for another late session! See if you can match that punk! :wink:

Got the same emotions as yourself about finishing, what it over so badly but want to do myself justice but will also be sad that it will soon be the end.

Good luck and the best advice comes from my teacher when i took my first propers exams that matter at 16.

Its simple but so true

You get out exactly what you put in

So put in the hours and Good Luck my friend!

Crisco
05-04-2009, 08:32 PM
Almost same boat as me, just two exams for me to do on the 11th and 12th so spending all day down the library revising.

Today was 11am to 7pm, im now off for another late session! See if you can match that punk! :wink:

Got the same emotions as yourself about finishing, what it over so badly but want to do myself justice but will also be sad that it will soon be the end.

Good luck and the best advice comes from my teacher when i took my first propers exams that matter at 16.

Its simple but so true

You get out exactly what you put in

So put in the hours and Good Luck my friend!

Sissy

Primadawn
05-04-2009, 08:56 PM
You'll do great Ben! And when you're finished, we'll freaking celebrate in VEGAS BAAAAAABBBBBYYYYYYYY!!!!!:happydancing:

Tyburn
05-04-2009, 09:05 PM
I wish I was back at University :laugh: those were the days :ninja:

Jonlion
05-05-2009, 12:25 AM
Sissy

Ha ha when you are studying History it truly is a pleasure, i have sat in a library all day today reading and the smell of the books filled with knowledge makes me feel alive!

ha ha i am terribly nostalgic over anything so i could hate the place then lament it as the greastest thing in the world when i leave it!

Black Mamba
05-05-2009, 12:29 AM
Best of luck Ben with your finals (Derek too)! :) I'm feeling the strain and craziness right now as well. And congrats on surviving college too. You deserve to party hard in Vegas.

You're definitely in my thoughts and prayers too, I know all too well the effectiveness during a bomb burner of a test. :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
05-05-2009, 03:04 AM
:happy0198:

11 yr old vegetarian :tongue0011: :tongue0011:

VCURamFan
05-05-2009, 04:41 AM
:happy0198:Figures that the first post you made in here would be to mock me!!:laugh:

VCURamFan
05-05-2009, 04:48 AM
O, & a quick update:

Apparently enough people have complained to my Philosophy of Law professor about their busy schedules that he's pushed back the due date for his paper from tonight to tomorrow night.

Neezar
05-05-2009, 05:21 AM
I have two finals this week and then I am taking the summer off! :happydancing:

MattHughesRocks
05-05-2009, 05:50 AM
BEN! :w00t: I'm sorry but man that was funny!

Love you! Mean it! You rock!

Figures that the first post you made in here would be to mock me!!:laugh:

Llamafighter
05-05-2009, 01:08 PM
O, & a quick update:

Apparently enough people have complained to my Philosophy of Law professor about their busy schedules that he's pushed back the due date for his paper from tonight to tomorrow night.

You're welcome :ninja:

VCURamFan
05-05-2009, 03:45 PM
BEN! :w00t: I'm sorry but man that was funny!

Love you! Mean it! You rock!
Haha, thanks Michelle. I laughed my butt of when Cris posted that, too, I dont' blame ya'.:laugh:

gymcoach97
05-05-2009, 04:45 PM
What's your major?

Llamafighter
05-05-2009, 04:49 PM
What's your major malfunction?
FIXED

VCURamFan
05-05-2009, 04:56 PM
What's your major?Philosophy with a minor in Music.

Crisco
05-05-2009, 04:57 PM
What's your major malfunction numbnuts?

Further fixed.

CAVEMAN
05-05-2009, 09:51 PM
Ben, you'll do just fine. If your as witty in your studies as you are on this forum, you won't have any problems!:) :wink:

VCURamFan
05-05-2009, 09:56 PM
THAT'S ONE DOWN!!!!

Just sent my Philosophy of Law paper in!!!!:happydancing::happydancing:

Anyone wanna read it? :blink:

County Mike
05-06-2009, 02:12 AM
THAT'S ONE DOWN!!!!

Just sent my Philosophy of Law paper in!!!!:happydancing::happydancing:

Anyone wanna read it? :blink:

Do I hear crickets?

VCURamFan
05-06-2009, 02:18 AM
TWO DOWN!

The papers are done!!!!!!!!

:happydancing::happydancing::happydancing::happyda ncing::happydancing::happydancing::happydancing::h appydancing::happydancing:

VCURamFan
05-07-2009, 06:32 PM
It's getting down to the nitty-gritty now. 150min to go & I'm trying to draw all my notes together into a single cohesive outline. I'm not sure if he'll let us use notes, but even if he doesn't, the act of re-organizing & re-writing will help me retain this info better.

VCURamFan
05-07-2009, 08:03 PM
OK, I'm inside an hour now. I'm going to disconnect the internet so I don't get distracted anymore.

Wish me luck & Pray for me, people: THIS IS IT!

MattHughesRocks
05-07-2009, 08:17 PM
Luck! Prayer prayer prayer! BYE!

OK, I'm inside an hour now. I'm going to disconnect the internet so I don't get distracted anymore.

Wish me luck & Pray for me, people: THIS IS IT!

VCURamFan
05-08-2009, 01:59 AM
I'M DONE!!!!! It was a list of 9 essays & we had to pick 3. He gave us 2hrs to do it. I crushed the first two & was dominating the 3rd when time was called. I didn't get to finish it, but I had my thought process done clearly, so he'll be able to see what I wanted to say & how I was planning to prove it. I feel so blessed, I could feel God calming me & giving me the words to say.

I'M DONE!!!!!!

sasquatch
05-08-2009, 06:34 AM
Awesome job, man!

I wish I was smart/not lazy.

Maybe someday If I find out what I want to do I'll go also.

VCURamFan
05-08-2009, 06:41 AM
Awesome job, man!

I wish I was smart/not lazy.

Maybe someday If I find out what I want to do I'll go also.You'll get there, Sas, I guarantee it. You're only, what, 17? No one knows what they want to do with their lives at 17!:laugh:

sasquatch
05-08-2009, 06:55 AM
I'm almost 19!:scared0011:

What are you doing now that you're done?

VCURamFan
05-08-2009, 04:19 PM
I'm almost 19!:scared0011:

What are you doing now that you're done?O!:blink:

Well then you're screwed!:laugh: