PDA

View Full Version : Obama the Movie, LOL

rockdawg21
01-29-2009, 02:22 AM
Oh man. Our savior, I mean, Obama is getting his own movie because he's accomplished so much:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/182003&gt1=43002

I knew it would be casting, but already? Good grief.

MattHughesRocks
01-29-2009, 03:16 AM
It's 2009 and we finally have an African American president. If that's not a huge accomplishment I don't know what is. I'd hate to see what your going to act like once a woman becomes president :blink:

VCURamFan
01-29-2009, 04:07 AM
It's 2009 and we finally have an African American president. If that's not a huge accomplishment I don't know what is. I'd hate to see what your going to act like once a woman becomes president :blink:Yes, but that is an accomplishment for the country, to come from segregation to a black president in only 50 years is fantastic. Obama barely played a roll in the overall storyline of overcoming racism. What has Obama himself accomplished to warrant, at this point, a movie?

Primadawn
01-29-2009, 04:08 AM
I hope it's a musical!:frantics:

rockdawg21
01-29-2009, 04:35 AM
It's 2009 and we finally have an African American president. If that's not a huge accomplishment I don't know what is. I'd hate to see what your going to act like once a woman becomes president :blink:
It's not as if HE was the one who accomplished it. WE voted and the majority chose HIM. It was an accomplishment of Americans (albeit, with the influence of the media) not Obama. I think it's awesome we have a [half] African-American for a President. I'd of been happy if Hilary Clinton would have won (well, not really), but throw the race factor out of the equation, I didn't make any statement about that until you opened it.

My point is, the man is treated like he's some sort of world savior, yet, even as a Senator of Illinois, what has he accomplished? What has he accomplished that warrants a movie about him? Don't you think it would make sense to have a movie about him after he actually does something?

kyle
01-29-2009, 05:09 AM
My point is, the man is treated like he's some sort of world savior, yet, even as a Senator of Illinois, what has he accomplished? What has he accomplished that warrants a movie about him? Don't you think it would make sense to have a movie about him after he actually does something?

I could not have said it better my self dawg As far as him as a senator he hasn't done anything for Illinois......Heck he's been running for president the hole time he was senator (atleast since 2004 DNC)

MLK has done more for the segregation and the black race than Obama
but regardless it still is an accomplishment so I'm sure we will see hundreds of other movies that will tell the story of the chosen one:scared0015:

Neezar
01-29-2009, 05:11 AM
I won't celebrate until we get a Chinese prez. :laugh:

j/k

War Black President. I just wished it had been Colin Powell. :w00t:

kyle
01-29-2009, 05:42 AM

j/k

I rather have Condoleezza Rice......that way the feminist can be happy too:laugh:

bradwright
01-29-2009, 05:45 AM
its really not about Obama at all,,its about what he represents ,,
even thought i'm a Canadian(i know some of you BJ fans might have figured that out already)i'm very happy with your choice as President not only for America but for the world as well,,also even though i dont consider myself to be an overly religious man i feel that for the first time in my life God is smiling down on us,,that in my opinion is why there will be a movie sometime in the near future not because of his name but because of his race.
and as far as Americas choice i'm not happy because he is black but i think he is the right man for the job and the tension around the world might just ease up for a while.

NateR
01-29-2009, 08:48 AM
also even though i dont consider myself to be an overly religious man i feel that for the first time in my life God is smiling down on us,,

Well, Obama is sending American taxpayers' money to fund abortions in other countries. I highly doubt GOD is smiling at anyone who supports the murder of unborn children.

VCURamFan
01-29-2009, 09:05 AM
Well, Obama is sending American taxpayers' money to fund abortions in other countries. I highly doubt GOD is smiling at anyone who supports the murder of unborn children.Sig worthy.

bradwright
01-29-2009, 01:06 PM
Well, Obama is sending American taxpayers' money to fund abortions in other countries. I highly doubt GOD is smiling at anyone who supports the murder of unborn children.
we could argue the abortion issue but thats really not the point here,it wouldn't matter who was voted in as president they wouldn't be pure enough in gods eyes no matter who they were,,not even you Nate,,all that i was trying to say is Obama will be a lot better for the USA and the world then lets say your former President

J.B.
01-29-2009, 01:39 PM
Okay peeps, a dose of realism...

1. If you are upset about Obama getting a movie, please get real... :rolleyes:

2. NATE, do not mislead people! Obama is not directly sending money to fund abortions in other countries...Don't play that game.

3. Why does everybody from Canada have to love Obama? :laugh:

County Mike
01-29-2009, 01:39 PM
I'd hate to see what your going to act like once a woman becomes president :blink:

What!?!? Never happen. Bite your tongue woman!

:tongue0011:

rockdawg21
01-29-2009, 01:56 PM
...i think he is the right man for the job and the tension around the world might just ease up for a while.
Then perhaps you can explain why Al'Qaida is hurling insults directly at him.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/19/alqaida-no-2-calls-obama-_n_144839.html

CAIRO, Egypt — Al-Qaida's No. 2 leader used a racial epithet to insult Barack Obama in a message posted Wednesday, describing the president-elect in demeaning terms that imply he does the bidding of whites. The message appeared chiefly aimed at persuading Muslims and Arabs that Obama does not represent a change in U.S. policies.

Ayman al-Zawahri said in the message, which appeared on militant Web sites, that Obama is "the direct opposite of honorable black Americans" like Malcolm X, the 1960s African-American rights leader.

In al-Qaida's first response to Obama's victory, al-Zawahri also called the president-elect _ along with secretaries of state Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice _ "house Negroes."

Speaking in Arabic, al-Zawahri uses the term "abeed al-beit," which literally translates as "house slaves." But al-Qaida supplied English subtitles of his speech that included the translation as "house Negroes."

The message also includes old footage of speeches by Malcolm X in which he explains the term, saying black slaves who worked in their white masters' house were more servile than those who worked in the fields. Malcolm X used the term to criticize black leaders he accused of not standing up to whites.

In Washington, State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said the latest message was just "more despicable comments from a terrorist."

The 11-minute 23-second video features the audio message by al-Zawahri, who appears only in a still image, along with other images, including one of Obama wearing a Jewish skullcap as he meets with Jewish leaders. In his speech, al-Zawahri refers to a Nov. 5 U.S. airstrike attack in Afghanistan, meaning the video was made after that date.

Al-Zawahri said Obama's election has not changed American policies he said are aimed at oppressing Muslims and others.

"America has put on a new face, but its heart full of hate, mind drowning in greed, and spirit which spreads evil, murder, repression and despotism continue to be the same as always," the deputy of al-Qaida chief Osama bin Laden said.

He said Obama's plan to shift troops to Afghanistan is doomed to failure, because Afghans will resist.

"Be aware that the dogs of Afghanistan have found the flesh of your soldiers to be delicious, so send thousands after thousands to them," he said.

Al-Zawahri did not threaten specific attacks, but warned Obama that he was "facing a Jihadi (holy war) awakening and renaissance which is shaking the pillars of the entire Islamic world; and this is the fact which you and your government and country refuse to recognize and pretend not to see."

He said Obama's victory showed Americans acknowledged that President George W. Bush's policies were a failure and that the result was an "admission of defeat in Iraq."

But Obama's professions of support for Israel during the election campaign "confirmed to the Ummah (Islamic world) that you have chosen a stance of hostility to Islam and Muslims," al-Zawahri said.

And if you want a little bonus reading:
http://www.courant.com/news/politics/hc-terror0126.artjan26,0,3024058.story?track=rss

Soon after the November election, al-Qaida's No. 2 leader took stock of America's new president-elect and dismissed him with an insulting epithet. "A house Negro," Ayman al-Zawahiri said.

That was just a warm-up. In the weeks since, the terrorist group has unleashed a stream of verbal tirades against Barack Obama, each more venomous than the last. Obama has been called a "hypocrite," a "killer" of innocents, an "enemy of Muslims." He was even blamed for the Israeli military assault on Gaza, which began and ended before he took office.

"He kills your brothers and sisters in Gaza mercilessly and without affection," an al-Qaida spokesman declared in a grainy Internet video this month.

Yes, peace is going to come because Obama was elected. Get real. We don't believe in Allah = they want us dead.

Crisco
01-29-2009, 02:52 PM
I hope Obama gets like real hood and calls the terrorists out for a bang out.

lol.

Like yea bitch! Talk **** now!

It would be like a SNL skit

County Mike
01-29-2009, 02:59 PM

lol.

haha! He could start calling Joe Biden a "cracker" and hold his gun sideways too. I would ROFL.

Crisco
01-29-2009, 03:27 PM
lol now that would make a good movie

rockdawg21
01-29-2009, 03:32 PM

lol.

LOL, reminds me of this MadTV skit with Dubya & Cheney, Country Slammer (parody of Nelly's Country Grammer):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj3PuBo3u2Y

bradwright
01-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Then perhaps you can explain why Al'Qaida is hurling insults directly at him.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/19/alqaida-no-2-calls-obama-_n_144839.html

And if you want a little bonus reading:
http://www.courant.com/news/politics/hc-terror0126.artjan26,0,3024058.story?track=rss

Yes, peace is going to come because Obama was elected. Get real. We don't believe in Allah = they want us dead.
you seem very scared of the Arab world,,but i didn't say tension would disappear i said it would ease up a little,,terrorists dont care who's in power in the US. they devote their lives to making the western world feel some sort of pain because they feel oppressed and feel the western world is to blame,not sure how you got world peace out of what i said.

rockdawg21
01-29-2009, 04:41 PM
Scared? Lol, that's as funny as Obama getting his own movie.

I was stating a point that if tensions had ANY indication of easing, then Al'Qaida wouldn't have immediately made threats directly to the U.S. and our new President. Keep in mind, these threats came before he was ever sworn in as President. There will not be any easing of tensions with people who want to see us dead just because Obama is the U.S. President. In fact, before he became the President elect, there was much less chatter coming from the Arabs.

Ahmadinejad is even demanding that Obama should apologize to Iran:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090128/ts_afp/iranusdiplomacy_20090128114237

I hope he's able to fix the economy, and for everybody's sake that you're correct, but history and current indicators say otherwise.

bradwright
01-29-2009, 05:24 PM
It is the point and yes we could argue this point but you would lose. Abortion is wrong and against all that is holy and good. It is murder and anyone who supports it even Obama is a killer and will not get my respect
i would lose,,really?thats a bold statement when you dont even know what side of the issue i'm on,,and i'm sure Obama really doesn't care if he has your respect or not,,

NateR
01-29-2009, 06:02 PM
we could argue the abortion issue but thats really not the point here,it wouldn't matter who was voted in as president they wouldn't be pure enough in gods eyes no matter who they were,,not even you Nate,,all that i was trying to say is Obama will be a lot better for the USA and the world then lets say your former President

Where in the world did you get the idea that I thought I would make a better President than Obama, that was a stupid thing to say.

It's interesting how most of the world seems to collectively love Obama and the whole world seems to hate George W. Bush. Bush was Christian and was very open about his faith; so what does Jesus say about a situation like this?

"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated Me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you." (John 15: 18-19)

bradwright
01-29-2009, 06:30 PM
Where in the world did you get the idea that I thought I would make a better President than Obama, that was a stupid thing to say.

It's interesting how most of the world seems to collectively love Obama and the whole world seems to hate George W. Bush. Bush was Christian and was very open about his faith; so what does Jesus say about a situation like this?
well first off i never said anything about you being a better president then Obama,,that was a stupid thing 2 assume,and secondly if you think George w Bush is a BETTER person then Obama because he is a Cristian then that might be a bit of a silly statement,,all i know for sure is the U.S.and the world suffered under President Bush,,and you know as well as i do just because somebody professes to be a man of god does not mean he is not being deceitful and using that to help his personal agenda in some way.

NateR
01-29-2009, 07:06 PM
well first off i never said anything about you being a better president then Obama,,that was a stupid thing 2 assume,and secondly if you think George w Bush is a BETTER person then Obama because he is a Cristian then that might be a bit of a silly statement,,all i know for sure is the U.S.and the world suffered under President Bush,,and you know as well as i do just because somebody professes to be a man of god does not mean he is not being deceitful and using that to help his personal agenda in some way.

Being a Christian doesn't make someone a better person, it actually means that they have admitted to themselves that they are NOT a good person. That's the point. According to the Bible, there is no such thing as a good person, they don't exist.

Also, I don't believe that Bush was lying about his beliefs. If they were just a political ploy, then he would have abandoned them when times got tough and his approval rating started to drop.

kyle
01-29-2009, 07:49 PM
NATE, do not mislead people! Obama is not directly sending money to fund abortions in other countries...Don't play that game.

Well actually JB, NATE is pretty much on here. There was a BAN on international groups that perform abortion and the prez came into office and reverse it. Now it's almost 1/2billion we send over sea's and it is suppose to cover family health care and help those with AIDS/HIV and have clinics. but you know what, a lot of people who are sick, like children and others that might need help, will not get. So some of this money will go to the abortions. yeah it may not go directly, but with him lifting the ban.....means he is still funding abortions in other countries or else he would have left that ban and kept funding the family health care and that's not a game we give them 460 million a year and not everyone is going to get the treatment they may need.

bradwright
01-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Being a Christian doesn't make someone a better person, it actually means that they have admitted to themselves that they are NOT a good person. That's the point. According to the Bible, there is no such thing as a good person, they don't exist.

Also, I don't believe that Bush was lying about his beliefs. If they were just a political ploy, then he would have abandoned them when times got tough and his approval rating started to drop.
your right there is no such thing as a good person,,my point exactly ,and when it comes to Bush i too do not think he was being deceitful either, i was just saying that is a poor way to judge somebody's character if thats the only measuring stick your using ,,
i think maybe sometimes i come across in a different light then was intended by me,

County Mike
01-29-2009, 08:38 PM
This is BS! I'm a good person and if you say otherwise I'll burn down your friggin' house. :punch:

bradwright
01-29-2009, 08:47 PM
This is BS! I'm a good person and if you say otherwise I'll burn down your friggin' house. :punch:
lol,,i live in a brick house so burning it down is out,,not sure you will be able to blow it down either,,but good luck with that.

J.B.
01-30-2009, 01:10 AM
Well actually JB, NATE is pretty much on here. There was a BAN on international groups that perform abortion and the prez came into office and reverse it. Now it's almost 1/2billion we send over sea's and it is suppose to cover family health care and help those with AIDS/HIV and have clinics. but you know what, a lot of people who are sick, like children and others that might need help, will not get. So some of this money will go to the abortions. yeah it may not go directly, but with him lifting the ban.....means he is still funding abortions in other countries or else he would have left that ban and kept funding the family health care and that's not a game we give them 460 million a year and not everyone is going to get the treatment they may need.

No. That is simply political pandering. I realize what the ban was, and what Obama did. I did not vote for Obama either, but to say outright that he is sending money overseas to perform abortions is misleading. I am adamantly opposed to abortion, but I don't think we should be misleading about what is going on.

Chuck
02-14-2009, 12:51 AM
Yes, but that is an accomplishment for the country, to come from segregation to a black president in only 50 years is fantastic. Obama barely played a roll in the overall storyline of overcoming racism. What has Obama himself accomplished to warrant, at this point, a movie?

Maybe the best post of yours ever.....

brilliant point!

MMeh
02-14-2009, 07:11 AM

j/k

QFT, if Powell had run in 2000 (there was actually talk of a Powell/McCain, McCain/Powell ticket floating around) I think we would be in a MUCH better position than we are right now. I'm not an overly political guy, but it was pretty cool to see how far our country has come on the race issue (I'm biracial, 1/2 black 1/2 Irish = the "real" Black Irish :wink: ). Bottom line, even though I don't agree with a large number of Obama's views (mainly abortion/social issues) I think we should all be praying for the sake of the country/all the good people suffering due to foreclosures, layoffs, etc., that he gets it right on the economy. Same way the Bush bashing from the left bugged me, it's one thing to disagree with a man's politics, quite another to hope your country suffers so the letter of your choice (R or D) wins in the next election. Besides, looks like they're both serving the same special interests anyways (just check out their donors - largely one in the same), so I wonder how much it matters who wins regardless :stirthepot:

VCURamFan
02-14-2009, 07:29 AM
Maybe the best post of yours ever.....

brilliant point!Did you just now find this thread? Man, it's over a week old, this is ancient history!!!!:rolleyes:

MMeh
02-14-2009, 07:38 AM
Did you just now find this thread? Man, it's over a week old, this is ancient history!!!!:rolleyes:

Not directed at me, but yeah, just saw it up (actually didn't know they were making a movie). Work has been INSANE lately, but a job to go to is about as good as it gets right now, I know plenty of people who can't say the same unfortunately