PDA

View Full Version : New prison for Guantanamo Bay

Vizion
05-01-2009, 10:00 PM
This just in, BO is a first class moron.

Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said yesterday that the Pentagon may have to build a new facility to house detainees from the military prison at Guantanamo Bay, to hedge against political opposition around the country to the incarceration of the inmates in existing federal or military facilities in the United States.

"I fully expect to have 535 pieces of legislation before this is over saying, 'Not in my district, not in my state,' " Gates said, referring to the number of senators and representatives in Congress. He said the Pentagon wants to have $50 million at hand in case it has to build a prison on short notice.

In January, President Obama ordered the closure of the detention center at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, within a year. Gates said the facilities, which cost tens of millions of dollars to construct, are likely to be "mothballed....

Link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...043004068.html

rockdawg21
05-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Well DUH!!!!!!!!

atomdanger
05-01-2009, 10:21 PM
Why don't we just put them into our prison system?

Or federal prison, or county jail somewhere?
Why build their own facility.

VCURamFan
05-01-2009, 10:23 PM

Why build their own facility.That's what Obama suggested. Then the entire nation said "F*** NO! We don't want a bunch of terrorists who may escape in our county, thanks.", so now he's having to back pedal.

Vizion
05-01-2009, 10:23 PM

Why build their own facility.Because of what might happen to them among the general population there...as if that matters eh.

the White House does have a basement, does it not?

rockdawg21
05-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Because of what might happen to them among the general population there...as if that matters eh.

Good point. Perhaps Obama should quarter them like he wants to do with the leaders of countries who support these assholes.

Buzzard
05-02-2009, 01:03 AM
GR: There is an empty prison right now in Montana that could house them.

Vizion
05-02-2009, 05:02 AM
GR: There is an empty prison right now in Montana that could house them.
Yea, and like every other district on U.S. soil they won't be welcomed. Smart man, that president of ours.

Buzzard
05-02-2009, 06:38 AM
Yea, and like every other district on U.S. soil they won't be welcomed. Smart man, that president of ours.

You could always go back to where you came from if you like.

atomdanger
05-02-2009, 06:59 AM
That's what Obama suggested. Then the entire nation said "F*** NO! We don't want a bunch of terrorists who may escape in our county, thanks.", so now he's having to back pedal.

Odds of escape? Thin.

Put them in supermax.

atomdanger
05-02-2009, 07:00 AM
Because of what might happen to them among the general population there...as if that matters eh.

Exactly.... We have supermax prisons.
Zero chance of escape. Because you never leave your cell lol

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/graphic/2006/05/05/GR2006050500157.gif

rearnakedchoke
05-02-2009, 01:14 PM

Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said yesterday that the Pentagon may have to build a new facility to house detainees from the military prison at Guantanamo Bay, to hedge against political opposition around the country to the incarceration of the inmates in existing federal or military facilities in the United States.

"I fully expect to have 535 pieces of legislation before this is over saying, 'Not in my district, not in my state,' " Gates said, referring to the number of senators and representatives in Congress. He said the Pentagon wants to have $50 million at hand in case it has to build a prison on short notice.

In January, President Obama ordered the closure of the detention center at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, within a year. Gates said the facilities, which cost tens of millions of dollars to construct, are likely to be "mothballed....

he's just doing his best to clean up the mess that moron bush made ...

Vizion
05-02-2009, 01:43 PM
if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Vizion
05-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Exactly.... We have supermax prisons.
Zero chance of escape. Because you never leave your cell lol

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/graphic/2006/05/05/GR2006050500157.gifTrue...but it costs a fortune as well to house them. What is there isn't enough cells open for these terrorists. What then? Build a brand new facility for millions while the economy tanks?

rockdawg21
05-02-2009, 03:45 PM
I have a new idea for torture. We should put them in a room and make them watch Pat Robertson all day long :rotfl:

atomdanger
05-02-2009, 06:41 PM
True...but it costs a fortune as well to house them. What is there isn't enough cells open for these terrorists. What then? Build a brand new facility for millions while the economy tanks?

Sounds like thats what we're going to do anyway.

Miss Foxy
05-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Put em with general population!! Let our criminals whoop some Americana in em!! Im sorry, but no one regulates how our POW's or other Americans are treated while abroad why should we go deeper in the hole to accomodate terrorists?! Heck to no!

Tyburn
05-03-2009, 06:39 AM

there is an easy answer to this. Conviction of a terrorism offense equates to the death penalty...and carry it out at Guantanamo...then you dont need to do anything with them except burrial...and I dont think any Senator will mind sparing a plot of ground to for burrial in their state...after all...if the terrorists are dead...they aint gonna get loooose in the population are they.

Prooves the senators have no faith in their own prison system if they believe the terrorists will get out....thats shocking...what sorta message are they sending out...soooo the American Penal system isnt tough enough to keep international terrorists then?? :ninja:

VCURamFan
05-03-2009, 12:55 PM
there is an easy answer to this. Conviction of a terrorism offense equates to the death penalty...and carry it out at Guantanamo...then you dont need to do anything with them except burrial...and I dont think any Senator will mind sparing a plot of ground to for burrial in their state...after all...if the terrorists are dead...they aint gonna get loooose in the population are they.

Prooves the senators have no faith in their own prison system if they believe the terrorists will get out....thats shocking...what sorta message are they sending out...soooo the American Penal system isnt tough enough to keep international terrorists then?? :ninja:I don't want any terrorists here, dead or alive. Their goal was to come here & destroy my country, I don't want 'em polluting the ground.

Toss their carcasses into the sea.

Tyburn
05-03-2009, 01:15 PM
I don't want any terrorists here, dead or alive. Their goal was to come here & destroy my country, I don't want 'em polluting the ground.

Toss their carcasses into the sea.
:rolleyes:

Burrial at sea? Where they can wash up on your beautiful shores and frighten away your tourist trade? Yeah...good thinking Ben :laugh:

What about a comprimise.

Burn their bodies, and scatter the ashes at sea.

:huh:

I suppose, if they were dead you could always send them back from whence they came. I dont suppose any foreign power will care much about a dead Terrorist...they just dont want to be lumbered with what are American Prisoners of War. They are your Prisoners.

btw...is anyone else fooled by Barack Obama coming out and condemning Torture, and saying that his Administration have put a stop to it and dont use it anymore? LMAO....My Mother was like "Wow, thats fantastic" I was like "yeah, now we can go back to doing it secretly" Your fooling yourself if you believe that suddenly America and Britian dont need to use it anymore.

Josh
05-03-2009, 04:08 PM
:rolleyes:

Burrial at sea? Where they can wash up on your beautiful shores and frighten away your tourist trade? Yeah...good thinking Ben :laugh:

What about a comprimise.

Burn their bodies, and scatter the ashes at sea.
:huh:

I suppose, if they were dead you could always send them back from whence they came. I dont suppose any foreign power will care much about a dead Terrorist...they just dont want to be lumbered with what are American Prisoners of War. They are your Prisoners.

btw...is anyone else fooled by Barack Obama coming out and condemning Torture, and saying that his Administration have put a stop to it and dont use it anymore? LMAO....My Mother was like "Wow, thats fantastic" I was like "yeah, now we can go back to doing it secretly" Your fooling yourself if you believe that suddenly America and Britian dont need to use it anymore.
I may use this as my next sig. This is the best thing you have ever said Dave.

Tyburn
05-03-2009, 04:28 PM
I may use this as my next sig. This is the best thing you have ever said Dave.
:laugh: :laugh: it is rather, aint it :laugh: :laugh:

Josh
05-03-2009, 04:52 PM
:laugh: :laugh: it is rather, aint it :laugh: :laugh:
If Patton would have run for office that would have been his slogan.:laugh:

Tyburn
05-03-2009, 05:15 PM
If Patton would have run for office that would have been his slogan.:laugh:
well, perhaps I should think of becoming Prime Minister :ninja:

I suppose ive already told you about my ideals on penal reform? Here in England we have a major problem, too many criminals, and not enough jails..tiz so bad, they let prisoners out early to free up space.

My view would be simple, and cost effective. Decomission an old War Ship. Load anyone who is in for Life out of their prison, put them on the ship, anchor the ship in the North Sea.

Out of sight, out of mind :laugh:

If the ship should happen to sink...what a damn shame it would be :ninja: