PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Live shows?

atomdanger
05-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Who are your favorite bands to go see live?

Pantera.
Best live show I've ever seen, Phil has a stage presence thats unbelievable,
and seeing Dimebag live changed my life. Incredible.

Lamb of God.
They played very tight, no mistakes, they sounded amazing, great show,
great crowd, incredible mosh pits, i mean.... huge, dangerous, fun mosh pits.

Nekromantix.
This is one of those bands thats never more than 20 bucks,
and I've seen them like 6 years running now,
I never miss a show, just a great fun band to see in a small venue with friends.
Even got drunk with the guitar player (he has since left) Troy Destroy at El Carazon in Seattle before he went on stage.

warriorlion
05-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Who are your favorite bands to go see live?

Pantera.
Best live show I've ever seen, Phil has a stage presence thats unbelievable,
and seeing Dimebag live changed my life. Incredible.

Lamb of God.
They played very tight, no mistakes, they sounded amazing, great show,
great crowd, incredible mosh pits, i mean.... huge, dangerous, fun mosh pits.

Nekromantix.
This is one of those bands thats never more than 20 bucks,
and I've seen them like 6 years running now,
I never miss a show, just a great fun band to see in a small venue with friends.
Even got drunk with the guitar player (he has since left) Troy Destroy at El Carazon in Seattle before he went on stage.

tallica were awesome at earls court for the st anger tour. even though it was obviously staged, when lars threw kirk's guitar to him and he missed the neck, seeing him go pale as anything as he nearly dropped the KH1 was something to see.

Papa Raoch at the camden barfly was awesome, its a tiny venue fits a max of 150 standing, only about 200 people were rammed in the room, Coby stood on the barrier hanging on to the ac unit from the roof all night.

J.B.
05-01-2009, 08:44 PM
Pantera was awesome, I was lucky enough to see them a couple times.

Black Label Society is great too, I have seen them a few times. I just saw them last month, and I am actually going to see them again in a couple weeks. The drummer in my band is dating this chick who is working as a hostess to the bands at a venue called the Pearl Room and we are probably gonna get to hang out with the band :cool:

I have been to more concerts than I can even remember, but some of my favorites have been

Fleetwood Mac
U2
Willie Nelson
Korn
Ozzy
Slipknot
Queens of the Stone Age
Lacuna Coil
Eagles of Death Metal
Rob Zombie
Down
Deftones
Stone Sour
Local H

I could keep going, but thats a good list for now. :laugh:

atomdanger
05-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Pantera was awesome, I was lucky enough to see them a couple times.

Black Label Society
Fleetwood Mac
U2
Willie Nelson
Korn
Ozzy
Slipknot
Queens of the Stone Age
Lacuna Coil
Eagles of Death Metal
Rob Zombie
Down
Deftones
Stone Sour
Local H

I could keep going, but thats a good list for now. :laugh:

Yeah, I didn't get to enjoy BLS to two times I saw them, ozzfest,
it was too hot, too many people, and beer was like 10 dollars.
Lame.

Although Ozzy was ok, he played after dark, and it was cooler,
and by that time their weren't other bands playing other stages.

J.B.
05-01-2009, 11:34 PM
I stopped going to Ozzfest after 02. The last festival show I was at was Family Values in 06 in Phoenix, and it was like 104 degrees outside. Unless it's a really big band, I try to avoid larger venues and shows like that anymore. I can't stand waiting through a bunch of crappy bands to see the handful of bands I actually care about.

Smaller venues are the best. :wink:

atomdanger
05-02-2009, 12:47 AM
I stopped going to Ozzfest after 02. The last festival show I was at was Family Values in 06 in Phoenix, and it was like 104 degrees outside. Unless it's a really big band, I try to avoid larger venues and shows like that anymore. I can't stand waiting through a bunch of crappy bands to see the handful of bands I actually care about.

Smaller venues are the best. :wink:

Yeah same here.

The last large show I saw was Slayer/Lamb of God like 4 years ago.
and haven't been to an ozzfest since 2000 or so.
Not even a Warped Tour in a few years.

Just not as fun, i like shows in small venues, seeing bands up close.
Cheaper, more fun, and I don't melt.

Miss Foxy
05-02-2009, 02:41 AM
Best concert I ever seen was in 1996 Soundgarden!! Never been to a show that good since...

VCURamFan
05-02-2009, 02:44 AM
My favorite live show? Hmmmm, I think I'd have to say Mike & Mike in the Morning.

Hughes_GOAT
05-02-2009, 03:08 AM
Yeah same here.

The last large show I saw was Slayer/Lamb of God like 4 years ago.
and haven't been to an ozzfest since 2000 or so.
Not even a Warped Tour in a few years.

Just not as fun, i like shows in small venues, seeing bands up close.
Cheaper, more fun, and I don't melt.
Slayer for the "f'n" win!!!

Miss Foxy
05-02-2009, 03:10 AM
Ok lets see how big a fan you are...Who would you take Pantera or Slayer!??!!

Hughes_GOAT
05-02-2009, 03:17 AM
Ok lets see how big a fan you are...Who would you take Pantera or Slayer!??!!
Pantera can't hang!

Miss Foxy
05-02-2009, 03:19 AM
Pantera can't hang!
Ok your more cooler than I thought!!!!! SLAYER!!!!!! rraaawwwrrr!!! Im actually listening to criminally insane!

atomdanger
05-02-2009, 03:19 AM

I wish I would have got to see them 15 years ago.

ufcfan2
05-02-2009, 03:24 AM
Some of my Favorite Live shows:

Metallica;seen them about everytime they've come to St.Louis(7x for me)

Godsmack; put on an incredible show.

Whitesnake;great show and seeing Steve Vai was great.

Alice Cooper;seen him when he performed at a local music store and The Fox Theatre was outstanding.

Ozzy/Black Sabbath;Ozzfest and seeing Ozzy by himself for No More Tears Tour had 3rd row for that one..

Van Hagar; For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge Tour.

Guns 'N Roses; the infamous riot at Ampitheatre in St.Louis.

Racanteurs; seen them in KC,Jack White not much else to say.

Ice Cube;better than I thought it was gonna be

Someother bands that were good: Kiss,Bad English,Bad Company,Tool,Damn Yankees,AC/DC etc..seen quite alot of bands just don't see that many shows anymore.

If ya guys dig Pantera you should check out a band called DOWN,its the lead singer of old Pantera's new band. Well not new they got like 3 albums out.

Hughes_GOAT
05-02-2009, 03:26 AM
I wish I would have got to see them 15 years ago.
they were ruthless!

Hughes_GOAT
05-02-2009, 03:30 AM
Ok your more cooler than I thought!!!!! SLAYER!!!!!! rraaawwwrrr!!! Im actually listening to criminally insane!
you will not doubt me, lol. criminally insane is an all time classic.

Hughes_GOAT
05-02-2009, 03:40 AM
the unholy alliance III has Slayer, Trivium, Mastodon and Amon Amarth! too bad they're in Europe!

atomdanger
05-02-2009, 03:59 AM
they were ruthless!

Oh I've seen them like 4 times, they are ok live,
but more because I love all the songs, not because they do something amazing live.

Like I said, I'll bet 15 years ago it was insane.

atomdanger
05-02-2009, 04:00 AM
Guns 'N Roses; the infamous riot at Ampitheatre in St.Louis.

I attempted to see GnR, a few years ago in Vancouver, Canada.

But Axle canceled last minute and a riot broke out in the venue parking lot,
it was pretty wild.
No music, but there were some crazy fans smashing stuff.

Hughes_GOAT
05-02-2009, 04:04 AM
I'll bet 15 years ago it was insane.
it was.

atomdanger
05-02-2009, 08:44 AM
it was.

*envy*

haha, Metallica is another band I saw recently, and it was a great show,
but you can just tell that it was wayyy better 15 years ago or more.

I would have loved to see Metallica in the late 80s.

J.B.
05-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Pantera can't hang!

BLASPHEMY!!!

Pantera is better in every conceivable aspect than Slayer. No if's, and's, or but's about it...

Dimebag was better than Kerry King and Jeff Hanneman combined without question, and Vinny Paul and Dave Lombardo are pretty much on the same level. Also, anybody who likes Tom Araya's vocals better than Phil Anselmo's vocals is obviously on crack.

For the record, why does there always have to be that guy that yells "SLAYER!!!", or "FREEBIRD!!!" at the bar? When I am spinning wax, and I hear that, they get this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_hz2am90Hk

atomdanger
05-02-2009, 07:41 PM
BLASPHEMY!!!

Pantera is better in every conceivable aspect than Slayer. No if's, and's, or but's about it...

Dimebag was better than Kerry King and Jeff Hanneman combined without question, and Vinny Paul and Dave Lombardo are pretty much on the same level. Also, anybody who likes Tom Araya's vocals better than Phil Anselmo's vocals is obviously on crack.

For the record, why does there always have to be that guy that yells "SLAYER!!!", or "FREEBIRD!!!" at the bar? When I am spinning wax, and I hear that, they get this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_hz2am90Hk

haha pretty much how I feel

lc87
05-02-2009, 07:43 PM
I can't wait for rockfest in kansas city. I usually go every year. There's not really any terrible bands on the main stage and usually a few awesome bands. And with the rockaholic tickets its only 20 bucks

Miss Foxy
05-02-2009, 08:04 PM
BLASPHEMY!!!

I beg to differ!! RIP Dime, but Kerry King is and was wwwaaaayyyy better..:talktothehand: Dude don't mess with SLAYER!!!!!!!:headbanger:

J.B.
05-02-2009, 08:24 PM
I beg to differ!! RIP Dime, but Kerry King is and was wwwaaaayyyy better..:talktothehand: Dude don't mess with SLAYER!!!!!!!:headbanger:

If you like Slayer better, that's totally fine, but there is no argument that Dime was a better guitarist than Kerry King. Dimebag was virtuoso guitarist at age 12. Kerry King was bald at age 12. I've been playing guitar since I was 11 and played in bands ranging from brutal heavy metal, to hard rock, and even country. Only a handful of guitarists truly blow my mind, Kerry King is not one of them.

J.B.
05-02-2009, 08:24 PM
double post

atomdanger
05-02-2009, 09:38 PM

You're a doll,
but Kerry can't touch dime... not in writing music, not in talent, not anywhere.

IMO (although I like a lot of Slayer) most of it sounds exactly alike.
Dimebag wrote incredible music, incredible songs, all kinds.

IMO Dimebag and Zack Wylde are the two greatest guitar players of our time.

Hughes_GOAT
05-02-2009, 10:11 PM
obviously Pantera had a better guitarist but i need more than that. i need Satan, death and war! Slayer brings that.

Miss Foxy
05-02-2009, 11:41 PM
If you like Slayer better, that's totally fine, but there is no argument that Dime was a better guitarist than Kerry King. Dimebag was virtuoso guitarist at age 12. Kerry King was bald at age 12. I've been playing guitar since I was 11 and played in bands ranging from brutal heavy metal, to hard rock, and even country. Only a handful of guitarists truly blow my mind, Kerry King is not one of them.
Your opinion is all that matters to you and mine matters to me. I don't play the guitar I find my ears more attracted to Kings style over Dimes. Not a big deal, but thats just my opinion. Dime was bomb I will never deny that..

atomdanger
05-02-2009, 11:42 PM
obviously Pantera had a better guitarist but i need more than that. i need Satan, death and war! Slayer brings that.

LMAO

Underlined is quote of the month.

J.B.
05-03-2009, 12:06 AM
Your opinion is all that matters to you and mine matters to me. I don't play the guitar I find my ears more attracted to Kings style over Dimes. Not a big deal, but thats just my opinion. Dime was bomb I will never deny that..

No doubt, and I am not denying anybody's right to think Slayer is better, not at all. I just think it's a no-brainer that Dime was much better technical guitarist than King, that's all.

In my opinion, the biggest turn-off about Slayer is their hardcore fans.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXFuv7B-4lY

Miss Foxy
05-03-2009, 12:39 AM
In my opinion, the biggest turn-off about Slayer is their hardcore fans.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXFuv7B-4lY[/QUOTE]
Thats how I feel about GSP fans! Feelings oh so mutual!!!!!!!!!

J.B.
05-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Thats how I feel about GSP fans! Feelings oh so mutual!!!!!!!!!

:laugh:

Yeah I hear that