PDA

View Full Version : Bulls vs Celtics

J.B.
05-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Okay, so I have not brought this up yet because I have been so engaged in the action of this series that I keep wanting to see what happens next before I go out on a limb with another opinion that is ultimately wrong. :laugh:

So, who is gonna win Game 7?

I am taking my Bulls. I know it's a mountain to climb, but after what I have seen in the last 6 games, NOTHING in this world can surprise me. We have seen 7 overtime periods this series, including last nights triple overtime, and with all the excitement, I have no doubt in my mind that this has been the most exciting series the NBA has seen in recent history.

VCURamFan
05-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Okay, so I have not brought this up yet because I have been so engaged in the action of this series that I keep wanting to see what happens next before I go out on a limb with another opinion that is ultimately wrong. :laugh:

So, who is gonna win Game 7?

I am taking my Bulls. I know it's a mountain to climb, but after what I have seen in the last 6 games, NOTHING in this world can surprise me. We have seen 7 overtime periods this series, including last nights triple overtime, and with all the excitement, I have no doubt in my mind that this has been the most exciting series the NBA has seen in recent history.I think I'm pulling for your Bulls as well, just to watch my best friend (a die-hard Celtics fan) cry.:laugh:

J.B.
05-01-2009, 06:16 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/afp/20090501/capt.photo_1241151066166-1-0.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090501/capt.60d439e50e184aad89feb7211e292db9.celtics_bull s_basketball_cxa213.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090501/capt.ae4354c43c2b4cf2a4be61310367362a.celtics_bull s_basketball_cxa301.jpg

matthughesfan21
05-01-2009, 07:10 PM
The Celtics have lost a lot of respect from me in this series, they play dirty and expect to get away with it, Rondo should have been ejected from last night's game...and I hope Miller pays him back if Rondo tries to drive to the hoop, I hope they drop him on his little gremlin looking head

VCURamFan
05-01-2009, 07:13 PM
The Celtics have lost a lot of respect from me in this series, they play dirty and expect to get away with it, Rondo should have been ejected from last night's game...and I hope Miller pays him back if Rondo tries to drive to the hoop, I hope they drop him on his little gremlin looking headSame reason I hate the Spurs (I'm a Steve Nash/Suns fan).

J.B.
05-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Same reason I hate the Spurs (I'm a Steve Nash/Suns fan).

Suns fan here too, and I HATE the Spurs. This series has brought back some memories from a few years back with PHX and San Antonio.

I also hate the Pistons, and I have never liked the Celtics. After this series I definitely lost some respect for them, but mostly as a basketball team. They are the returning champions, they should have made short work of the Bulls.

J.B.
05-01-2009, 08:08 PM
More interesting facts...

The home team wins game 7 about 80% of the time, and the Celtics are 31-0 in playoff series where they have led 3-2.

The odds are against them, but the Bulls CAN beat this team in Boston.

This is awesome. I have not been this excited for a game in a long time.

J.B.
05-03-2009, 05:39 AM
It was fun while it lasted....:unsure:

Oh well, at least Noah threw Rondo on his ass. That made up for everything. :)

logrus
05-03-2009, 07:32 AM
The Celtics have lost a lot of respect from me in this series, they play dirty and expect to get away with it, Rondo should have been ejected from last night's game...and I hope Miller pays him back if Rondo tries to drive to the hoop, I hope they drop him on his little gremlin looking head

You don't remember the old days of the Bulls vs Pistons do you. :Whistle:

On much more important news, Hawks down 2 in the second period make an incredible recovery and go on to win 6 to 3.

J.B.
05-03-2009, 07:41 AM

On much more important news, Hawks down 2 in the second period make an incredible recovery and go on to win 6 to 3.

Why does everyone think that the Hawks winning negates the importance of the Bulls?

Damn hockey nuts :rolleyes:

matthughesfan21
05-03-2009, 08:16 AM
It was fun while it lasted....:unsure:

Oh well, at least Noah threw Rondo on his ass. That made up for everything. :)that made my night, we lost, but we gave the world champs everything they could handle, and they WILL lose next round....they argue every single freaking call, its sickening....I was hoping Rondo wouldn't get up, or try to complain when he's down worse than that twice this series...I hope Dwight Howard puts his punka#* through the floor

matthughesfan21
05-03-2009, 08:18 AM

On much more important news, Hawks down 2 in the second period make an incredible recovery and go on to win 6 to 3.Well I did watch pretty intently from the womb, but I guess I just didn't have the memorization skills back then that I have now:unsure-1:

oh and yeah hawks, I can't watch them here because we don't have versus at school, at home I could watch them...they did that last game as well, got down early, came back late, difference is, we held on this time

matthughesfan21
05-03-2009, 08:19 AM
Why does everyone think that the Hawks winning negates the importance of the Bulls?

we are just looking for the good in the bad...If both don't win, at least one of them did, its better than both losing

logrus
05-03-2009, 08:28 AM

I dunno, maybe cause we have waited 48 years to hoist the cup (second by the way and first place won the cup). Sheesh even the last time we made the playoffs was in 02, and we pretty much pulled a Cubbies by being swept. Then you have the fact is wasn't to long ago we had the worst record in Hockey.

Besides the Bulls series was the worst I have ever seen in officiating. How the heck can you only give a guy 2 points when he is 3 feet behind the arch. Then to finally correct it in the very late 4th quarter?

Even though the Bulls lost they shut a lot of critics up. They took the champs 7 very tough games, pretty much every game was an overtime. I think they drained the tank. Celtics fall next round even if KG comes back.

J.B.
05-03-2009, 09:13 AM
I dunno, maybe cause we have waited 48 years to hoist the cup (second by the way and first place won the cup). Sheesh even the last time we made the playoffs was in 02, and we pretty much pulled a Cubbies by being swept. Then you have the fact is wasn't to long ago we had the worst record in Hockey.

Besides the Bulls series was the worst I have ever seen in officiating. How the heck can you only give a guy 2 points when he is 3 feet behind the arch. Then to finally correct it in the very late 4th quarter?

Even though the Bulls lost they shut a lot of critics up. They took the champs 7 very tough games, pretty much every game was an overtime. I think they drained the tank. Celtics fall next round even if KG comes back.

I know, and I get it, but honestly I can't get as excited about Hockey as I do about Basketball, Football, or Baseball. Thats just me, but it's funny because I actually was a good hockey player when I was younger. I love the sport, I just don't get as engulfed in it as I do the others.

Oh, and I caught that scoring mess up right when it happened.

Gordon hit the shot, they marked two points on the board, and I said to my friends "that was a 3 pointer, WTF"?! Then they come out at halftime and give them the extra point, then take it away again all in a matter of a minute. Friggin ridiculous.

Yes, the officiating was LOUSY, and what SUCKS the most is that this series will not stand out in history nearly as much as it would have if the Bulls had won. I don't even care about the next round, Lebron and the Cavs are gonna win the Eastern Conference anyway, but it would have meant so much to the history of the NBA if the Bulls had won this series. Now it's just a hollow memory of what could have been.

I can say though, I am proud of this team. They are so young, yet they persevered even when everybody counted them out and they went down fighting to the bitter end.