PDA

View Full Version : Needs to be recognized....

Black Mamba
04-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Got this in an e-mail and I thought I'd share it with yall. :)

Denzel Washington and his family visited the troops at Brook Army Medical Center , in San Antonio , Texas (BAMC) the other day. This is where soldiers who have been evacuated fromGermany come to be hospitalized in the UnitedStates, especially burn victims. There are some buildings there called Fisher Houses. The Fisher House is a Hotel where soldiers' families can stay, for little or no charge, while their soldier is staying in the Hospital. BAMC has quite a few of these houses on base, but as you can imagine, they are almost filled most of the time.

While Denzel Washington was visiting BAMC, they gave him a tour of one of the Fisher Houses. He asked how much one of them would cost to build. He took his check book out and wrote a check for the full amount right there
on the spot. The soldiers overseas were amazed to hear this story and want to get the word out to the Americanpublic, because it warmed their hearts to hear it .
The question is - why do: Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton,Tom Cruise and other Hollywood fluff make front page news with their ridiculous antics and Denzel Washington's Patriotism doesn't even make page 3 in the Metro section of any newspaper except the Local newspaper in San Antonio .

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/elnegromamba/UFC/securedownload.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/elnegromamba/UFC/securedownload1.jpg

VCURamFan
04-30-2009, 06:55 PM
That is fantastic. Yet another reason to respect this man.

Hughes_GOAT
04-30-2009, 06:57 PM
hey, Tom Cruise saved two people from seperate crashes.

Llamafighter
04-30-2009, 07:01 PM
hey, Tom Cruise saved two people from seperate crashes.

but...They both crashed because they were blinded by the glare off his space helmet.

Llamafighter
04-30-2009, 07:02 PM
This is great to hear. hopefully others will fall in line and start helping to take care of our soldiers.

Primadawn
04-30-2009, 07:03 PM
but...They both crashed because they were blinded by the glare off his space helmet.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jonlion
04-30-2009, 07:07 PM
Wow what a great thing to do!

And i agree with you completly. The media and what it deems newsworthy these days irritates the hell out of me.

Miss Foxy
04-30-2009, 07:38 PM
How awesome!! He's a good guy IMO..Very handsome also.. Yeah its sad that other celebrities do nothing for fellow mankind. They would rather protest for animals which is ok to an extent and also to support gay marriages!!....

Crisco
04-30-2009, 07:51 PM
WAR DENZEL!!!!!!!!!

Vizion
04-30-2009, 07:55 PM
because the media and liberals hate the war, and our troops. Denzel isn't a part of their bandwagon, good for him.

other celebrities are off adopting African babies because that is en vogue at the moment :Whistle:

Miss Foxy
04-30-2009, 07:56 PM
because the media and liberals hate the war, and our troops. Denzel isn't a part of their bandwagon, good for him.

other celebrities are off adopting African babies because that is en vogue at the moment :Whistle:
Dude don't throw the word liberals as hating the troops!! I am surrounded by liberals who support the troops...

rockdawg21
04-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Got this in an e-mail and I thought I'd share it with yall. :)

Denzel Washington and his family visited the troops at Brook Army Medical Center , in San Antonio , Texas (BAMC) the other day. This is where soldiers who have been evacuated fromGermany come to be hospitalized in the UnitedStates, especially burn victims. There are some buildings there called Fisher Houses. The Fisher House is a Hotel where soldiers' families can stay, for little or no charge, while their soldier is staying in the Hospital. BAMC has quite a few of these houses on base, but as you can imagine, they are almost filled most of the time.

While Denzel Washington was visiting BAMC, they gave him a tour of one of the Fisher Houses. He asked how much one of them would cost to build. He took his check book out and wrote a check for the full amount right there
on the spot. The soldiers overseas were amazed to hear this story and want to get the word out to the Americanpublic, because it warmed their hearts to hear it .
The question is - why do: Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton,Tom Cruise and other Hollywood fluff make front page news with their ridiculous antics and Denzel Washington's Patriotism doesn't even make page 3 in the Metro section of any newspaper except the Local newspaper in San Antonio .

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/elnegromamba/UFC/securedownload.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/elnegromamba/UFC/securedownload1.jpg
FYI, as a resident of San Antonio, thought I'd point out, this only mostly true:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/denzel.asp

Denzel didn't whip out his check book on the spot. A few months after his visit, he did make an undisclosed "sizeable" donation, which was enough to build a new Fisher House.

Nonetheless, this is one reason why I will watch all of his movies over and over (except for the "Hurricane" because it was a huge distortion of the truth, but that's another story) :laugh:

rockdawg21
04-30-2009, 08:18 PM
Dude don't throw the word liberals as hating the troops!! I am surrounded by liberals who support the troops...
From what I've seen from liberals is yes, they support the troops, until they have to do their duty for our country. Buttholes! (not the troops, the ones who act like they support the troops)

Miss Foxy
04-30-2009, 08:44 PM
From what I've seen from liberals is yes, they support the troops, until they have to do their duty for our country. Buttholes!
So my dad who is a Vietnam Vet, my little brother who is currently active duty, and my ex-hubby who is also active duty and countless cousins are buttholes? Every one of the above mentioned is considered a veteran. We can't put labels on our troops in all fairness. Who do you think is serving our country? I know once in a lot of people shift parties due to the fact of getting raises, but the views are very liberal minded.

Hughes_GOAT
04-30-2009, 08:50 PM
he came after the crash. and he never wears his helmet at night.

rockdawg21
04-30-2009, 09:00 PM
So my dad who is a Vietnam Vet, my little brother who is currently active duty, and my ex-hubby who is also active duty and countless cousins are buttholes? Every one of the above mentioned is considered a veteran. We can't put labels on our troops in all fairness. Who do you think is serving our country? I know once in a lot of people shift parties due to the fact of getting raises, but the views are very liberal minded.
LOL, you misread that. The troops aren't buttholes, the buttholes are the ones who claim to support the troops until they have to do their duty.

I'll edit the post so nobody else misreads it too.

Miss Foxy
04-30-2009, 09:31 PM
LOL, you misread that. The troops aren't buttholes, the buttholes are the ones who claim to support the troops until they have to do their duty.

I'll edit the post so nobody else misreads it too. Nah its just my lame *ss.. Im sleepy here!! I have one eye open:blink: one shut..Only 1 more hour......:w00t:

rockdawg21
04-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Nah its just my lame *ss.. Im sleepy here!! I have one eye open:blink: one shut..Only 1 more hour......:w00t:
Ah, so it's almost beer thirty there!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3123/3148901389_39d96bfc39.jpg

Miss Foxy
04-30-2009, 09:40 PM
Ah, so it's almost beer thirty there!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3123/3148901389_39d96bfc39.jpg
:laugh: Make it a dirty martini Belvedere Vodka only..:wink: OLIVE JUICE OLIVE JUICE!!

rockdawg21
04-30-2009, 09:59 PM
:laugh: Make it a dirty martini Belvedere Vodka only..:wink: OLIVE JUICE OLIVE JUICE!!
My brain hurts trying to compute this.

Hughes_GOAT
04-30-2009, 10:56 PM
Nah its just my lame *ss.. Im sleepy here!! I have one eye open:blink: one shut..Only 1 more hour......:w00t:
sleep with one eye open, gripping you pillow tight!

Vizion
04-30-2009, 11:38 PM
don't throw the word liberals as hating the troops!!
hmm.:blink: ..alright I guess they don't ALL hate our troops then...:laugh:

Moose
05-01-2009, 02:44 AM

I just broke my nose again due to the velocity and violence of an atomic facepalm.

Miss Foxy
05-01-2009, 01:08 PM
sleep with one eye open, gripping you pillow tight!
You know I love them Metallica quotes!! :tongue0011:

KevinD
05-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Nice to hear that story. What a great move to make. I wish more "celebrities" would give back to society in this manner. There is so much wealth out there. Why not give to worthy causes.

Miss Foxy
05-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Nice to hear that story. What a great move to make. I wish more "celebrities" would give back to society in this manner. There is so much wealth out there. Why not give to worthy causes.
Exactly.. Even people who are not wealthy can give or do something nice for another person. It does not always have to be about giving away your money. Even something as simple as a smile to a complete stranger could impact a life...We never know what the next person is going through or has been through and its the little acts of kindness that make this world better.

rockdawg21
05-01-2009, 04:51 PM
Exactly.. Even people who are not wealthy can give or do something nice for another person. It does not always have to be about giving away your money. Even something as simple as a smile to a complete stranger could impact a life...We never know what the next person is going through or has been through and its the little acts of kindness that make this world better.
That's why I like seeing some of the shows that feature celebrities in their real lives - Celebrity Apprentice, Punk'd, etc. Punk'd in particular is one of my favorites because through many of the pranks, (obviously, depending on the prank) you can see the true heart of the person. I was surprised to see when Terrell Owens helped a lady move some old people who'd been in a "van wreck". I think he just gets worked up during football games or something.

TheConcretekid
05-05-2009, 01:22 PM
The question is - why do: Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton,Tom Cruise and other Hollywood fluff make front page news with their ridiculous antics and Denzel Washington's Patriotism doesn't even make page 3 in the Metro section of any newspaper except the Local newspaper in San Antonio

It's not a media thing, or anti-American, or anti-patriotic; it's sociology... or psychiatry... or maybe psychology...

It's what ever causes us to get more riled up by negative news than positive. Take your post for example: If you simply wrote about Denzel writing a check you would probably get a few "Awesome" or "Support the troops" etc. But since you added the little bit of outrage at the end we all get riled up and posted here. Even if you didn't mention Britney Spears etc, someone would have commented about that anyways.

This may have been posted in Newspapers on been on the news, but it just makes us go "Aw, how nice" but when we see a single mother with 6 kids get impregnated with 8 more we get on the phone and hop on line and explode.