PDA

View Full Version : Obama the spending machine

rockdawg21
04-30-2009, 07:38 PM
From the GOP newsletter. Just like the Texas GOP's bumper sticker says, "Obama for change? That's all you'll have left in your pockets!"

Barack Obama just completed his third prime time press conference touting the “change” he is bringing to America.

But during Obama’s first 100 days in the Oval Office, Americans have learned what the Democrats’ promise of “change” really means -- an assault on capitalism, free enterprise and fiscal responsibility. The policies coming from the Obama White House and the Democrat controlled Congress represent some of the most reckless spending, taxing and borrowing America has ever seen.

These first 100 days of total Democrat control of the federal government provides a frightening glimpse of what a “changed America” has to look forward to: trillions in debt owed to foreign creditors like China, the nationalization of our banks and auto industry soon to be followed by the health care system, and individual liberties sacrificed at the altar of collectivism.

Brett, the arrogance of power and irresponsible spending displayed by Obama and the Democrats in the past 100 days is astounding:

* A $787 billion stimulus bill full of pork-barrel spending and the loophole allowing millions of dollars in bonuses for AIG executives;
* $410 billion in spending on the 2009 omnibus bill; and,
* A $3.6 TRILLION budget blueprint that results in a $9 TRILLION deficit.

In all, Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid have spent more in the Obama Administration’s first 100 days than all previous presidents combined. Is this the “change” America voted for? I don’t think so.

CAVEMAN
04-30-2009, 09:39 PM
AND to top that all off, FOX news reported that Obama was given an approval rating by 65% of the American public on his first 100 days in office! What the hell is wrong with people????

Crisco
04-30-2009, 09:54 PM
AND to top that all off, FOX news reported that Obama was given an approval rating by 65% of the American public on his first 100 days in office! What the hell is wrong with people????

and it's fox too.

rockdawg21
04-30-2009, 10:02 PM
Just another reason why there's lots of talk about Texas seceeding from the Union.

CAVEMAN
04-30-2009, 10:48 PM
So are people just that stupid to believe this administration has done great things for this country?

OR

Do they not care?

Miss Foxy
04-30-2009, 10:53 PM
So are people just that stupid to believe this administration has done great things for this country?

OR

Do they not care?
I don't think they are necessarily stupid I think some people are really ignorant about politics. I know I am no expert politician, but I look at the whole picture. I think some people just don't know any better. Thats on both sides of the agenda.

ufcfan2
04-30-2009, 10:54 PM
and it's fox too.
:laugh:

Well not like Bush was a economic wizard neither :) What happened to the 350 billion dollar stimulas package he gave,nobody knows what happened to it :)
I think both parties need to be readjusted as one is no more better than the other imo. I hate political discussions as much as I hate religious discussions ppl get very heated and defensive of their religion/political alliances.

rockdawg21
04-30-2009, 10:58 PM
Anybody using 1% of their brain could have seen this coming from Obama's speeches. Unfortunately, the media paints a pretty picture and people think this man is a savior.

rearnakedchoke
05-01-2009, 01:14 AM
is 65%good?

xSubmission
05-01-2009, 03:42 AM
Who is this Obama guy i keep hearing about???

rockdawg21
05-01-2009, 03:57 AM
Who is this Obama guy i keep hearing about???
You haven't heard? He's the Messiah!

In fact, he's going to make sure this lady doesn't have to worry about paying for gas in her car or for her mortgage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roUTdnL0ZSI

xSubmission
05-01-2009, 04:03 AM
You haven't heard? He's the Messiah!

In fact, he's going to make sure this lady doesn't have to worry about paying for gas in her car or for her mortgage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roUTdnL0ZSI
Does this mean none of us have to pay for all of that now?

NateR
05-01-2009, 06:15 AM

Well not like Bush was a economic wizard neither :) What happened to the 350 billion dollar stimulas package he gave,nobody knows what happened to it :)
I think both parties need to be readjusted as one is no more better than the other imo. I hate political discussions as much as I hate religious discussions ppl get very heated and defensive of their religion/political alliances.

Didn't Obama vote in favor of that $350 billion stimulus package last October? I think most Americans were pretty angry about that as well, but it was sort of overshadowed by the election.

Anyways, I agree that the Republican party is in the shambles that it is because they've been acting too much like Democrats over the last few years. But the last thing we need is more Democrat agendas.

However, this whole debate goes way beyond Republican vs. Democrat or liberal vs. conservative. This is about big government vs. freedom.

On a side note, the reason why we created this Politics section was for people like you who hate political debates, this way you can ignore them to your heart's content. Of course, I'm not sure why you entered a political debate just to declare that you hate political debates, but whatever. :laugh:

logrus
05-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Didn't Obama vote in favor of that $350 billion stimulus package last October? I think most Americans were pretty angry about that as well, but it was sort of overshadowed by the election.

Anyways, I agree that the Republican party is in the shambles that it is because they've been acting too much like Democrats over the last few years. But the last thing we need is more Democrat agendas.

However, this whole debate goes way beyond Republican vs. Democrat or liberal vs. conservative. This is about big government vs. freedom.

On a side note, the reason why we created this Politics section was for people like you who hate political debates, this way you can ignore them to your heart's content. Of course, I'm not sure why you entered a political debate just to declare that you hate political debates, but whatever. :laugh:

Mclame voted for it as well. Not to mention he had his own spending plan so in all actuality wed probably still be in the same boat, just with a different captain.

The only difference is we wouldn't have a political forum, and we wouldn't be allowed to criticize him in any way shape or form. I mean we had to walk on egg shells for the most part when it came to threads about Georgy boy.

rearnakedchoke
05-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Mclame voted for it as well. Not to mention he had his own spending plan so in all actuality wed probably still be in the same boat, just with a different captain.

The only difference is we wouldn't have a political forum, and we wouldn't be allowed to criticize him in any way shape or form. I mean we had to walk on egg shells for the most part when it came to threads about Georgy boy.
walk on egg shells? nah, people have been free to speak their mind about GSP ...

Miss Foxy
05-01-2009, 02:05 PM

LOL!! I will walk on eggshells, fire, glass anything and still show my dislike for greaser boy....:laugh:

rockdawg21
05-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Does this mean none of us have to pay for all of that now?
I guess that depends. According to that genius they interviewed, "If I help him, he's gonna help me." So I guess the question is, have you helped him? :laugh:

NateR
05-01-2009, 04:29 PM

It's just funny how Democrats are trying to wash their hands of that stimulus package even when most of them voted for it.

Also, little things, like referring to McCain as "McLame", is one of the reasons that we had to restrict criticism of President Bush. There's a difference between criticizing a President's policies and just insulting the man. Obviously you have trouble discerning the difference between the two.

rearnakedchoke
05-01-2009, 04:48 PM
It's just funny how Democrats are trying to wash their hands of that stimulus package even when most of them voted for it.

Also, little things, like referring to McCain as "McLame", is one of the reasons that we had to restrict criticism of President Bush. There's a difference between criticizing a President's policies and just insulting the man. Obviously you have trouble discerning the difference between the two.

well, to be fair, obama has been called everything on here from murderer to dumb to a traitor ... if that is criticizing and not insulting, that's news to me ... just come clean, admit that you played favourites when Bush was in power and people will stop saying Bush was off limits and Obama is fair game ...

NateR
05-01-2009, 05:00 PM
well, to be fair, obama has been called everything on here from murderer to dumb to a traitor ... if that is criticizing and not insulting, that's news to me ... just come clean, admit that you played favourites when Bush was in power and people will stop saying Bush was off limits and Obama is fair game ...

Political discussions were never that big of a thing on here until recently. Even when the topics did turn to politics, most people on here tended to lean towards the conservative right.

By the end of Bush's term, the media had brain-washed so many people into thinking that his 8 years as President were just the lowest point in our nation's history, that I was simply tired of the Bush bashing and didn't want Matt's site to become yet another outlet for that. Especially since Matt supports President Bush.

There's really no point in criticizing Bush now that he's out of office, aside from Liberals trying to cover their own mistakes.

Obviously nothing said about Obama on this site has offended you enough to report any of the posts. So clearly we're doing a pretty good job of keeping it to criticism of Obama's actual policies and not insulting of his character.

rearnakedchoke
05-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Political discussions were never that big of a thing on here until recently. Even when the topics did turn to politics, most people on here tended to lean towards the conservative right.

By the end of Bush's term, the media had brain-washed so many people into thinking that his 8 years as President were just the lowest point in our nation's history, that I was simply tired of the Bush bashing and didn't want Matt's site to become yet another outlet for that. Especially since Matt supports President Bush.

There's really no point in criticizing Bush now that he's out of office, aside from Liberals trying to cover their own mistakes.

Obviously nothing said about Obama on this site has offended you enough to report any of the posts. So clearly we're doing a pretty good job of keeping it to criticism of Obama's actual policies and not insulting of his character.

I actually did report something and was told that is just the way that particular "offender" speaks (writes) and that it wasn't that big of a deal .. LOL ..

rockdawg21
05-01-2009, 05:56 PM

This is true. I haven't seen anybody calling him the "Antichrist", "evil", or as was mentioned, a "murderer". I honestly believe he's a nice guy, but I really REALLY don't admire him or have any appreciation for his policies. I won't insult him in a personal attack, simply because, I don't know him personally, that wouldn't make any sense.

logrus
05-01-2009, 06:13 PM

There's that old saying "Beating around the Bush" which is basically what you and a few others tend to do. Sure your not deliberately saying it, but you sure as hell are implying it.
Actually there was a few times Obama was labeled this or that. An his stances on every little thing get brought up here its not really what you referred to as "Supporting the Commander and Chief", you know not only has he been attacked which silly little name calling, but forum members have been as well.

That is unless being called and idiot and a F$% moron for voting for him is considered nice nice around here as long as you have a pretty little name title.

Neezar
05-01-2009, 06:33 PM
There's that old saying "Beating around the Bush" which is basically what you and a few others tend to do. Sure your not deliberately saying it, but you sure as hell are implying it.
Actually there was a few times Obama was labeled this or that. An his stances on every little thing get brought up here its not really what you referred to as "Supporting the Commander and Chief", you know not only has he been attacked which silly little name calling, but forum members have been as well.

That is unless being called and idiot and a F$% moron for voting for him is considered nice nice around here as long as you have a pretty little name title.

Are you trying to deflect from the political issues here?

Why do you always try to turn it into Log vs Nate? Hasn't this been addressed before?

logrus
05-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Are you trying to deflect from the political issues here?

Why do you always try to turn it into Log vs Nate? Hasn't this been addressed before?

If it wasn't good for the goose, then why the gander ? Thats all i'm saying. Besides I already said that McCain would have done the same thing, just a different approach.

rockdawg21
05-01-2009, 07:31 PM
If it wasn't good for the goose, then why the gander ? Thats all i'm saying. Besides I already said that McCain would have done the same thing, just a different approach.
FYI, I would have dogged McCain's plan as well and I'm a hardcore Conservative. McCain, IMO, isn't a true Conservative.

Miss Foxy
05-01-2009, 07:33 PM
FYI, I would have dogged McCain's plan as well and I'm a hardcore Conservative. McCain, IMO, isn't a true Conservative.
Which is why when I win the sig bet its gonna be brutal!!:laugh:

rockdawg21
05-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Which is why when I win the sig bet its gonna be brutal!!:laugh:
Crack is bad Melissa, it makes you delusional. :wacko:

ufcfan2
05-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Politics is a touchy subject like religion you press one wrong button that a person does'nt agree with they go on the attack. I don't wanna label myself dem or rep,conservitive,liberal as labeling just plain sucks,but I guess its easier to attack a person if they are labled something different than you.
Samewith religion,I'm not religious and nor do I want to be. I do find some of the stories interesting to listen to and read about. Though I find religion divides ppl as I get tired of hearing were doing this for the name of our god blah blah blah...
Now back on topic. I voted for Obama,sole reason was I did'nt wanna take a chance of Palin becoming President. I personally think McCain would of been a better President than Bush was,and I just think he made a critical error with Palin.
Obama's main issue imo is his lack of experience amongst other things. I give him some credit for surrounding himself with diverse group of politicians. I'm not gonna grade him on his 100days as I'd rather judge him when its time to re-elect him. I understand ppl have issues with his bowing,and other foreign issues,but Bush had his fair share of bad moments. I wanna give Obama time to get stuff done and to focuse on his stimulas package issues is a little premature(would ppl say the samething if Bush had similar issues). Yes, I don't agree with all the 'Pork' in his packages. I'd like to see what in it really as I'm sure somethings are possibly warrented/needed.
Far as not talking about Bush anymore? Why not,just cause hes not president anymore does'nt disclude him from any discussions. If your a Bush lover thats fine,but this should'nt disallow ppl from bringing him up.
Now Bush was he as evil as the media made him out to be? I personally don't think he was a 'saint' and I thought he focused too much on the war on terror in every speech. Was this pulling the wool over the sheeps eyes I don't know he seemed he did'nt wanna talk about anything else.
I think each Presidency has a major issue to focus on and takes focus and alot of critism;bush had 9/11 and Obama has the economy problem. To be fair I think Obama's issue is far more serious than what Bush went thru(not taking away from the Twin Towers,loss of troops etc.) anywho,each to their own:frantics:

J.B.
05-01-2009, 08:22 PM
I give him some credit for surrounding himself with diverse group of politicians.

If by diverse you mean completely subservient, then yes you are correct. :laugh:

Seriously, if you think Obama's cabinet is diverse, then you are paying as much attention as half his appointees have paid in taxes.

rockdawg21
05-01-2009, 08:31 PM
If by diverse you mean completely subservient, then yes you are correct. :laugh:

Seriously, if you think Obama's cabinet is diverse, then you are paying as much attention as half his appointees have paid in taxes.

CAVEMAN
05-01-2009, 08:43 PM

I wouldn't call anyone who voted for him a moron or idiot.......just ignorant when it comes to politics.:laugh:

CAVEMAN
05-01-2009, 08:47 PM
Politics is a touchy subject like religion you press one wrong button that a person does'nt agree with they go on the attack. I don't wanna label myself dem or rep,conservitive,liberal as labeling just plain sucks,but I guess its easier to attack a person if they are labled something different than you.
Samewith religion,I'm not religious and nor do I want to be. I do find some of the stories interesting to listen to and read about. Though I find religion divides ppl as I get tired of hearing were doing this for the name of our god blah blah blah...
Now back on topic. I voted for Obama,sole reason was I did'nt wanna take a chance of Palin becoming President. I personally think McCain would of been a better President than Bush was,and I just think he made a critical error with Palin.
Obama's main issue imo is his lack of experience amongst other things. I give him some credit for surrounding himself with diverse group of politicians. I'm not gonna grade him on his 100days as I'd rather judge him when its time to re-elect him. I understand ppl have issues with his bowing,and other foreign issues,but Bush had his fair share of bad moments. I wanna give Obama time to get stuff done and to focuse on his stimulas package issues is a little premature(would ppl say the samething if Bush had similar issues). Yes, I don't agree with all the 'Pork' in his packages. I'd like to see what in it really as I'm sure somethings are possibly warrented/needed.
Far as not talking about Bush anymore? Why not,just cause hes not president anymore does'nt disclude him from any discussions. If your a Bush lover thats fine,but this should'nt disallow ppl from bringing him up.
Now Bush was he as evil as the media made him out to be? I personally don't think he was a 'saint' and I thought he focused too much on the war on terror in every speech. Was this pulling the wool over the sheeps eyes I don't know he seemed he did'nt wanna talk about anything else.
I think each Presidency has a major issue to focus on and takes focus and alot of critism;bush had 9/11 and Obama has the economy problem. To be fair I think Obama's issue is far more serious than what Bush went thru(not taking away from the Twin Towers,loss of troops etc.) anywho,each to their own:frantics:

You mean you give him credit for that when through out his entire campaign he said he was gonna change Washington, yet surrounded himself with old long time standing politicians? :laugh: This man is playing from the same worn out democrat play book! Although he is taking some things even further left!

logrus
05-01-2009, 09:18 PM
I wouldn't call anyone who voted for him a moron or idiot.......just ignorant when it comes to politics.:laugh:

Being called ignorant is a bit better then a moron lol :laugh: