PDA

View Full Version : swine flu, mexico, california, Texas, Kansas, New York

Tyburn
04-26-2009, 07:58 PM
:unsure-1:

Health workers in Mexico screened airports and bus stations for people sickened by a new strain of swine flu that experts fear could become a global epidemic.
President Felipe Calderon has assumed new powers to isolate people infected with the deadly swine flu strain that Mexico's health minister says has killed up to 81 people and left 1,324 others ill since April 13.
Meanwhile, eleven cases of swine flu were confirmed in California, Texas and Kansas, with more suspected in New York City.
Mexican soldiers and health workers patrolled Mexico City's underground system handing out surgical masks and looking for possible flu cases.
People were advised to seek medical attention if they suffered from multiple symptoms - which include a fever of more than 100 degrees, body aches, coughing, a sore throat, respiratory congestion and, in some cases, vomiting and diarrhoea.
Hundreds of public events from concerts to sports matches were called off to keep people from congregating and spreading the virus in crowds.
Zoos were closed and visits to juvenile correction centres were suspended.
About a dozen federal police in blue surgical masks stood in front of Mexico City's Metropolitan Cathedral, which was nearly empty after a measure cancelling services to avoid large concentrations of people.
Markets and restaurants were nearly empty. And throngs of Mexicans - some with just a fever - rushed to hospitals.
Mexico appears to have lost valuable days or weeks in detecting the new flu strain, a combination of pig, bird and human viruses that humans may have no natural immunity to. Health officials have found cases in 16 Mexican states. Two dozen new suspected cases were reported in the capital on Saturday alone.

TexasRN
04-26-2009, 08:11 PM
Don't worry Dave, this just helps control the earth's population. :wink:

It doesn't kill most people who get it. Just makes them feel like they have the flu. I'm actually not worried about this one.

~Amy

J.B.
04-26-2009, 08:11 PM
I just read about this too, and go figure I am coughing and feeling like crap today. :scared0011:

Tyburn
04-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Don't worry Dave, this just helps control the earth's population. :wink:

It doesn't kill most people who get it. Just makes them feel like they have the flu. I'm actually not worried about this one.

~Amy

Oh...thats good...if your not worried then I'm not worried.

yet :ninja: :laugh:

I too have a headache after reading about it...but I had a headache all day...sooo I know its not the flu...coz I already had it before I read about it :laugh:

TexasRN
04-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Oh...thats good...if your not worried then I'm not worried.

yet :ninja: :laugh:

I too have a headache after reading about it...but I had a headache all day...sooo I know its not the flu...coz I already had it before I read about it :laugh:

I truly am not worried about it Dave. There's tons of other illnesses to be concerned about. Like Hepatitis. And herpes......:laugh:

~Amy

Tyburn
04-26-2009, 08:50 PM
I truly am not worried about it Dave. There's tons of other illnesses to be concerned about. Like Hepatitis. And herpes......:laugh:

~Amy
yes...but if you aint inserting dirty things into your orrifices you might struggle to catch either of those.

Influenza is airborne...I dont think Herpes and Hepatitis are :laugh:

Bonnie
04-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Amy, if you were still here in Texas saying that, I might feel comforted, but I'm not....feeling comforted.

I have to say I am concerned.

What's making you feel like we shouldn't be worried especially those states with confirmed cases? :unsure-1:

I need my Nurse Amy right now. :cry: :laugh:

Tyburn
04-26-2009, 09:37 PM
Amy, if you were still here in Texas saying that, I might feel comforted, but I'm not....feeling comforted.

What's making you feel like we shouldn't be worried especially those states with confirmed cases? :unsure-1:

:unsure-1: Bonnie...you might want to take you and yours on a road trip shortly....I hear....erm...Antarctica is beautiful this time of the year :ninja:

:laugh:

Bonnie
04-26-2009, 09:43 PM
Thanks, Dave! :rolleyes:

Hey, maybe on my way, I could stop over at your place. Sure my state borders Mexico, but I'm sure, from what Amy says, it will be okay. :w00t:

MattHughesRocks
04-26-2009, 09:58 PM
You can't catch it by reading about it! :laugh:

I just read about this too, and go figure I am coughing and feeling like crap today. :scared0011:

TexasRN
04-26-2009, 10:07 PM
yes...but if you aint inserting dirty things into your orrifices you might struggle to catch either of those.

Influenza is airborne...I dont think Herpes and Hepatitis are :laugh:

Hepatitis isn't airborne but it does live a very long time on surfaces and some strains can be transmitted thru saliva. So dirty hands=contamination. You are right about the herpes but I threw that in there because I was trying to be funny.

If you have a healthy immune system, the swine flu won't harm you but will make you feel like you have the flu for a few days. That's all. No need to panic and get all worked up over it. Promise. And healthy immune system means not on chemo, no leukemia, normal WBC count, no HIV, etc.

~Amy

TexasRN
04-26-2009, 10:08 PM

Bonnie, if you get the swine flu I will come take care of you. As much as I've been exposed to, I am probably immune anyway. :)

~Amy

J.B.
04-26-2009, 10:09 PM

Oh, good, I wasn't sure :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
04-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Oh wait...now I'm starting to itch :unsure-1:

Oh, good, I wasn't sure :laugh:

Tyburn
04-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Stay safe my honey bun....I cant do without you...and its in your state too :sad:

Tyburn
04-26-2009, 10:27 PM
No need to panic and get all worked up over it. Promise. And healthy immune system means not on chemo, no leukemia, normal WBC count, no HIV, etc.

~Amy
ohh....I'm all that and soooooo much more.

My Mind could create the symptoms without me needing to catch the virus...yeah...I'm THAT clever....dont be envious...its a curse :cry:

rockdawg21
04-26-2009, 11:17 PM
I'm as scared of this as I am scared of bird flu or SARS. Just more panic by the press.

Bonnie
04-26-2009, 11:27 PM
Bonnie, if you get the swine flu I will come take care of you. As much as I've been exposed to, I am probably immune anyway. :)

~Amy

Okay, it's in writing, I feel better. :happydancing:

Hughes_GOAT
04-27-2009, 12:48 AM
sounds like H1N1. regular swine flu is extremely rare among humans. H1N1 isn't playing.

Tyburn
04-27-2009, 01:09 AM
sounds like H1N1. regular swine flu is extremely rare among humans. H1N1 isn't playing.
:huh:

Hughes_GOAT
04-27-2009, 01:18 AM
:huh:
it's a sub strain, Dave. the amino acids have changed enough to make regular swine transmissable to humans easily. you have H3N2, H1N3, H5N1 etc. CDC has already said this could turn into a pandemic...again...like the Spanish Flu.

Tyburn
04-27-2009, 01:19 AM
it's a sub strain, Dave. the amino acids have changed enough to make regular swine transmissable to humans easily. you have H3N2, H1N3, H5N1 etc. CDC has already said this could turn into a pandemic...again...like the Spanish Flu.

Amy said not to worry about it Andreas :unsure-1:

But just incase I'm reccomending you go check it out in Mexico...just to be sure. :ninja:

Hughes_GOAT
04-27-2009, 01:25 AM
Amy said not to worry about it Andreas :unsure-1:

But just incase I'm reccomending you go check it out in Mexico...just to be sure. :ninja:
Amy is talking about regular swine, not the sub strains i've been telling you about. big difference.

Tyburn
04-27-2009, 01:52 AM
Amy is talking about regular swine, not the sub strains i've been telling you about. big difference.
:angry: no she wasnt. She was telling me about the one thats broken out and likely to be spreading world (or at least continent) wide.

She said if you had a good immune system you might just get sick. But it wouldnt kill you. :mellow:

Hughes_GOAT
04-27-2009, 02:07 AM
:angry: no she wasnt. She was telling me about the one thats broken out and likely to be spreading world (or at least continent) wide.

She said if you had a good immune system you might just get sick. But it wouldnt kill you. :mellow:
you need to clarify with her then because they are different. the CDC would not be saying they can't contain it if it were a common strain.

Tyburn
04-27-2009, 02:20 AM
you need to clarify with her then because they are different. the CDC would not be saying they can't contain it if it were a common strain.
I trust Amy over the CDC :)

:ninja: Bonnie...leave Texas...NOW :unsure:

Hughes_GOAT
04-27-2009, 02:25 AM
I trust Amy over the CDC :)

:ninja: Bonnie...leave Texas...NOW :unsure:

LOL

Tyburn
04-27-2009, 02:28 AM
LOL
:ashamed: there is nothing in this world that Amy and Denise cant handle :laugh:

Bonnie
04-27-2009, 03:12 AM
Ammyyyyy, Goat's scaring me! :scared0015:

Hughes_GOAT
04-27-2009, 04:18 AM
they'll probably have you take the 76 vaccine and hope it still works?

Neezar
04-27-2009, 05:00 AM
Nothing is working.

NateR
04-27-2009, 05:03 AM
So is this thing fatal? And how do you contract it, is it airborne?

MattHughesRocks
04-27-2009, 05:07 AM
I think so! Is this the end Nathan?! :w00t:

Neezar
04-27-2009, 05:15 AM
I don't know. But there is definitely something new out there.

J.B.
04-27-2009, 05:27 AM

My cough has been getting worse all day. :yuck:

It might have spread to Illinois...:ninja:

Moose
04-27-2009, 05:27 AM

~Amy

You said you wouldn't tell. :sad:

Hughes_GOAT
04-27-2009, 06:00 AM
Nothing is working.
of course not

J.B.
04-27-2009, 06:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im1mZokp9go

MattHughesRocks
04-27-2009, 06:09 AM
I just heard on the news it's in Sacramento :unsure-1: Closing in.....:scared0011:

Hughes_GOAT
04-27-2009, 06:15 AM
Faber is done

Bonnie
04-27-2009, 06:16 AM
I just heard on the news it's in Sacramento :unsure-1: Closing in.....:scared0011:

I guess it's a good thing you weren't planning on going to the fights, huh. :wink:

MattHughesRocks
04-27-2009, 06:20 AM
So is our Lyndsey :scared0011: Two more hours and maybe me to :scared0011: :scared0011: :scared0011:

Faber is done

MattHughesRocks
04-27-2009, 06:24 AM
Yeah, I just saved all your lives :w00t:

I guess it's a good thing you weren't planning on going to the fights, huh. :wink:

Hughes_GOAT
04-27-2009, 06:24 AM
glad i left Cali 10 years ago.

Bonnie
04-27-2009, 06:29 AM

Don't worry, bub, it's probably up there with you already, you just don't know it yet.

MattHughesRocks
04-27-2009, 06:33 AM
Me to

MattHughesRocks
04-27-2009, 06:34 AM
Haha :tongue0011:

Hughes_GOAT
04-27-2009, 06:36 AM
Don't worry, bub, it's probably up there with you already, you just don't know it yet.
i'm immune

Hughes_GOAT
04-27-2009, 06:38 AM
Me to
you're just mad cause you're still stuck!

Bonnie
04-27-2009, 06:57 AM
i'm immune

Amy says that too. She's already promised to come and take care of me if I get sick. You can take care of Michelle.

Hughes_GOAT
04-27-2009, 07:16 AM
i was your 1000th

Tyburn
04-27-2009, 11:24 AM
he does that to everyone, pay no attention Bonnie :unsure-1:

Tyburn
04-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Nothing is working.
please dont be defeatest Denise.... :unsure-1:

Tyburn
04-27-2009, 11:25 AM
You said you wouldn't tell. :sad:
:laugh: :laugh:

Tyburn
04-27-2009, 11:26 AM
:mellow: dont go out without a mask on Michelle. :mellow:

Tyburn
04-27-2009, 11:26 AM
Faber is done
its not in Iowa or Washington State yet...is it :unsure-1: :huh:

Buc Nasty
04-27-2009, 12:47 PM
I'm glad I didn't book flights and tickets for UFC 98 now, America's got the lurgy! :laugh:

County Mike
04-27-2009, 12:57 PM
I have an awesome immune system. Bring it on!

I'd like to thank my dad for some awesome genetics. Thanks dad!

Moose
04-27-2009, 02:01 PM
I'm hoping this will be SARS ghey.

Tyburn
04-27-2009, 02:10 PM
Swine Flue has made it to Continental Europe.

The first Reports are that its touched down in Spain

The European Union strongly reccomends noone travel to the United States or Mexico....and if they do...please dont come back :laugh:

Llamafighter
04-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Living in NY I get nervous about these things. Riding the subway you can be exposed to everything and anything in such confined space.
I jsut spent a weekend in Alabama with my family and the fresh air and exposure to nature made my allergies revolt against me. I thought on the flight back that I might have had the Swine Flu:)

Bonnie
04-27-2009, 03:11 PM
Swine Flue has made it to Continental Europe.

The first Reports are that its touched down in Spain

The European Union strongly reccomends noone travel to the United States or Mexico....and if they do...please dont come back :laugh:

Dave, this sounds like your window of opportunity to become an American citizen. :laugh:

Tyburn
04-27-2009, 03:55 PM
New Outbreaks now reported in Ohio (US) Canada, and New Zealand :blink:

The United States of America has declared a State of Health Emergency

The World Health Organization are going to conviene for an emergency meeting tommorow

The European Union is calling for an Emergency meeting today

103 now confirmed dead...

Tyburn
04-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Dave, this sounds like your window of opportunity to become an American citizen. :laugh:
:unsure-1: yes...but at what price...flu :unsure: :huh:

Bonnie
04-27-2009, 04:11 PM
i was your 1000th

:wub:

Give me a minute to rest and we'll shoot for 2000. :w00t:

atomdanger
04-27-2009, 08:48 PM
I think its hilarious that we freak out (the media, and your average person) over something like this, when around 100 people die,
but more people than that die every day from much more dangerous things.

Heck, more people than that die every day driving lol

Crisco
04-27-2009, 08:50 PM
I think its hilarious that we freak out (the media, and your average person) over something like this, when around 100 people die,

The freakout isn't from 100 people dying.

The freakout is from a strain of Flu that most people never heard of his spreading like woah and killing people.

Flu is a scary thing that last outbreak of flu was freaking epic and kills A LOT of people.

atomdanger
04-27-2009, 09:21 PM
The freakout isn't from 100 people dying.

The freakout is from a strain of Flu that most people never heard of his spreading like woah and killing people.

Flu is a scary thing that last outbreak of flu was freaking epic and kills A LOT of people.

Again, it surely is spreading, but people aren't dropping like flies or anything.

100 people isn't all that many, lots more die every day from scarier things.
We did it with SARS to(and how many people actually died from that?), its a culture of fear, and its a joke.
its one thing to be aware and educated, but its another to freak out about everything.

How many millions has AIDS killed? Yet people still have unprotected sex,
but the flu drops 100 and we will wear masks in public lol

Neezar
04-27-2009, 10:00 PM

When the media tells you that around 100 people have died related to this flu, how many do you think have really died that may be related? How many do you think it took to die before it started getting noticed? How many do you think die that it doesn't get recognized or reported? Do you think the CDC (Center for Disease Center) is reluctant to actually attribute deaths to a new flu and cause a panic or that they do it with little thought to the outcome?

Jonlion
04-27-2009, 10:36 PM
What happens, happens!

As long as it doesnt interfere with my travelling plans then im fine!

rockdawg21
04-27-2009, 10:54 PM
Heard my town was in the news today. The local district, Schertz, Cibolo, Universal City ISD closed down the schools for the whole week. I live in Cibolo, but I'm not seeing too many sick obese people here.

Tyburn
04-27-2009, 11:24 PM
and we will wear masks in public lol
:laugh: aye...any excuse :happydancing:

Tyburn
04-27-2009, 11:25 PM
What happens, happens!

As long as it doesnt interfere with my travelling plans then im fine!
:laugh: pretty much my feeling also

almost certainly it will have burned itself out by september :happydancing:

rearnakedchoke
04-28-2009, 01:07 AM
i guess they weren't able to keep this under wraps in the US like they did SARS

TexasRN
04-28-2009, 02:05 AM
Eh, I'm still not worried. My immune system rocks. My body refuses to get sick even when directly exposed to stuff that knocks other people down for days.

Just wash your hands regularly with normal soap and warm water long enough to sing your ABC's twice thru. Get enough sleep, stay hydrated, and eat healthy. Panicking does no one any good.

~Amy

rockdawg21
04-28-2009, 02:14 AM
Eh, I'm still not worried. My immune system rocks. My body refuses to get sick even when directly exposed to stuff that knocks other people down for days.

Just wash your hands regularly with normal soap and warm water long enough to sing your ABC's twice thru. Get enough sleep, stay hydrated, and eat healthy. Panicking does no one any good.

~Amy
What? Really? Are you sure? I'm in the town where they closed the district?! I really don't know what to do?!?! ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!! :frantics:

TexasRN
04-28-2009, 02:24 AM
What? Really? Are you sure? I'm in the town where they closed the district?! I really don't know what to do?!?! ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!! :frantics:

Go to Walmart, lick a few buggies, then sue if you get sick. :laugh:

~Amy

*disclaimer: do NOT go to Walmart and lick buggies or sue Walmart because you are being an idiot and licking buggies. This post is meant to be sarcastic for the Rock dude and in no way serves as a medical opinion for anyone reading this.

Neezar
04-28-2009, 05:08 AM
Panic never helps. But it does not do to leave a Dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him.

lyndsey823
04-28-2009, 05:17 AM
So is our Lyndsey :scared0011: Two more hours and maybe me to :scared0011: :scared0011: :scared0011:

ah, Sacramento??? that's only 45 minutes away from me, i'm out of here!!! :laugh:

you know, i wouldn't be so worried about it if my boyfriend hadn't woke up today and puked all over our bathroom. or that two of my co-workers have been puking their guts out and have the aches all over. ugh.

but i feel like Amy, i hardly ever get sick and think my immune system is pretty strong. if i haven't got anything from working at the hospital, i am not too worried about this. but Michelle, if you are skipping town, pick me up on the way!!!!

Hughes_GOAT
04-28-2009, 05:30 AM
Washington State yet...is it :unsure-1: :huh:
nope

Hughes_GOAT
04-28-2009, 05:32 AM
New Outbreaks now reported in Ohio (US) Canada, and New Zealand :blink:

The United States of America has declared a State of Health Emergency

The World Health Organization are going to conviene for an emergency meeting tommorow

The European Union is calling for an Emergency meeting today

103 now confirmed dead...
but i'm trying to scare everyone LOL

MattHughesRocks
04-28-2009, 06:12 AM
I think we should go to Hawaii right away! :w00t:

ah, Sacramento??? that's only 45 minutes away from me, i'm out of here!!! :laugh:

you know, i wouldn't be so worried about it if my boyfriend hadn't woke up today and puked all over our bathroom. or that two of my co-workers have been puking their guts out and have the aches all over. ugh.

but i feel like Amy, i hardly ever get sick and think my immune system is pretty strong. if i haven't got anything from working at the hospital, i am not too worried about this. but Michelle, if you are skipping town, pick me up on the way!!!!

xSubmission
04-28-2009, 06:21 AM
Its getting closer to CT =D
Im not worried since i never really get sick

lyndsey823
04-28-2009, 06:23 AM

Michelle, that is why you are the brains of our operation!!! :laugh: I agree, let's get out of here, NOW!! I think Hawaii will be our only chance of survival!! When do we leave? lol

Hughes_GOAT
04-28-2009, 06:27 AM
Michelle, that is why you are the brains of our operation!!! :laugh: I agree, let's get out of here, NOW!! I think Hawaii will be our only chance of survival!! When do we leave? lol
just admit you're going there to meet BJ...LOL

MattHughesRocks
04-28-2009, 06:32 AM
Half past a Pina Colada!:w00t:

Bonnie
04-28-2009, 06:36 AM

I think those people from New Zealand or Switzerland had just come back from California and they're being quarantined in their house. So even if they let you land, they probably won't let you off the plane. :laugh:

lyndsey823
04-28-2009, 06:38 AM
just admit you're going there to meet BJ...LOL

well that wouldn't be so bad, but i'd rather have a pina coloda with michelle!!! then go meet him!!

Hughes_GOAT
04-28-2009, 06:39 AM
I think those people from New Zealand or Switzerland had just come back from California and they're being quarantined in their house. So even if they let you land, they probably won't let you off the plane. :laugh:
ahh that's too bad

Hughes_GOAT
04-28-2009, 06:41 AM
well that wouldn't be so bad, but i'd rather have a pina coloda with michelle!!! then go meet him!!
BJ has that at his place.

Bonnie
04-28-2009, 06:43 AM
ahh that's too bad

Hey, you said you were immune, so they can just come up to your place. Michelle, Lyndsey, pack your bags... :laugh:

lyndsey823
04-28-2009, 06:44 AM
Hey, you said you were immune, so they can just come up to your place. Michelle, Lyndsey, pack your bags... :laugh:

i'm headed out the door right now!!! lol

Hughes_GOAT
04-28-2009, 06:46 AM
cool, i need some home cooked meals

lyndsey823
04-28-2009, 06:48 AM

well you better hope Bonnie cooks, because Michelle and I lack that skill. i can order a mean take out though!!!!

Bonnie
04-28-2009, 06:51 AM

Uh, duh, you're the host, GOAT, you're supposed to cook for them. :rolleyes:

Hughes_GOAT
04-28-2009, 06:54 AM
well you better hope Bonnie cooks, because Michelle and I lack that skill. i can order a mean take out though!!!!
like what?

Hughes_GOAT
04-28-2009, 06:56 AM
Uh, duh, you're the host, GOAT, you're supposed to cook for them. :rolleyes:
sounds like i'm getting shafted ; )

MattHughesRocks
04-28-2009, 06:58 AM
Sorry Goat, you'll just have to meet us in Hawaii. :)

Hughes_GOAT
04-28-2009, 07:01 AM
Sorry Goat, you'll just have to meet us in Hawaii. :)
i'm not into Hawaii, lol.

MattHughesRocks
04-28-2009, 07:04 AM
You don't have to be "into" it. You'll be so drunk with Lynd and I you won't know what hit you.And it was just confirmed on the 11:00 news that three people in Sacramento have the swine flu :scared0011:

i'm not into Hawaii, lol.

lyndsey823
04-28-2009, 07:07 AM
You don't have to be "into" it. You'll be so drunk with Lynd and I you won't know what hit you.And it was just confirmed on the 11:00 news that three people in Sacramento have the swine flu :scared0011:

that's it, i'm out!!!! michelle, we are going to be soaking up the rays pretty soon!!

i am going to take my ambien and hope the swine flu just passes my apartment tonight. and if it doesn't i'll be so out of it, i wont care!!! night guys!!

seriously michelle, we are getting OUT of this state!!

Hughes_GOAT
04-28-2009, 07:07 AM
whoa, wait a second. Lyndsey doesn't drink?

MattHughesRocks
04-28-2009, 07:08 AM
I can't leave. I rule this state :unsure-1:

that's it, i'm out!!!! michelle, we are going to be soaking up the rays pretty soon!!

i am going to take my ambien and hope the swine flu just passes my apartment tonight. and if it doesn't i'll be so out of it, i wont care!!! night guys!!

seriously michelle, we are getting OUT of this state!!

MattHughesRocks
04-28-2009, 07:09 AM
Wait...what?????:scared0011:

whoa, wait a second. Lyndsey doesn't drink?

Hughes_GOAT
04-28-2009, 07:14 AM
Wait...what?????:scared0011:
Lyndsey!!! you have some 'splaining to do.

Bonnie
04-28-2009, 07:17 AM
Lyndsey!!! you have some 'splaining to do.

I think she's passed out from the Ambien. :unsure-1:

Hughes_GOAT
04-28-2009, 07:20 AM
I think she's passed out from the Ambien. :unsure-1:
waaaaa!!!

Bonnie
04-28-2009, 07:22 AM
I wish I had some. :wink:

xSubmission
04-28-2009, 07:27 AM
drugs are bad m'kay

Tyburn
04-28-2009, 01:20 PM
Swine Flu Reaches United Kingdom, Reports show an outbreak in Scotland

Buc Nasty
04-28-2009, 01:46 PM
:yell:

Tyburn
04-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Swine Flu recorded in Devon and in London :unsure-1:

MattHughesRocks
04-29-2009, 05:22 PM
9 cases reported in Northern California

Lyndsey you need to start drinking so we can get the heck outta here:scared0011:

Tyburn
04-29-2009, 05:23 PM
9 cases reported in Northern California

Lyndsey you need to start drinking so we can get the heck outta here:scared0011:
please dont catch it Michelle :unsure-1:

Llamafighter
04-29-2009, 05:39 PM
we've got 45 confirmed cases in NY area. they say that everyone's condition is improving, so hopefully a vaccine is on the way.

mikthehick
04-29-2009, 05:43 PM
Thank the media for mass hysteria. Over 16,000 people die from influenza each year.

MattHughesRocks
04-29-2009, 05:45 PM
Now there's a dead baby in Texas. The first USA death.:scared0011:

MattHughesRocks
04-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Well, I guess that helps with the earths over population :laugh:

:ninja:

Wow, that was in bad taste:unsure-1:

:w00t:

Thank the media for mass hysteria. Over 16,000 people die from influenza each year.

Tyburn
04-29-2009, 06:39 PM
Well, I guess that helps with the earths over population :laugh:

just so long as it doesnt involve you :mellow:

Miss Foxy
04-29-2009, 06:45 PM

MattHughesRocks
04-29-2009, 06:47 PM
Hey, I'd be more then happy to take one for the team. I'd go to heaven so what's to worry about? :w00t:

Hughes_GOAT
04-29-2009, 07:15 PM
don't worry guys, this seems to be killing Mexicans. they don't know why only them? i do though. like i told Dave in another thread, the government is looking to decrease the population. so they have created a "race" specific virus. Mexicans are overpopulating America, illegal ones, this will be the beginning of something to wipe them out down the road.

Miss Foxy
04-29-2009, 07:35 PM
don't worry guys, this seems to be killing Mexicans. they don't know why only them? i do though. like i told Dave in another thread, the government is looking to decrease the population. so they have created a "race" specific virus. Mexicans are overpopulating America, illegal ones, this will be the beginning of something to wipe them out down the road.
WTF? Most of the people dying are in the DF..

Hughes_GOAT
04-29-2009, 07:47 PM
WTF? Most of the people dying are in the DF..
they were saying the Mexicans are dying from this but it's not affecting others the same way.

mikthehick
04-29-2009, 08:10 PM

Sorry goat, i didn't think that was funny

Miss Foxy
04-29-2009, 08:19 PM
they were saying the Mexicans are dying from this but it's not affecting others the same way.
Well since I am A MEXICAN born from a WHITE mother how the fu*k would this affect me? :angry:

Tyburn
04-29-2009, 08:54 PM
I care about Michelle :ashamed:

Tyburn
04-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Hey, I'd be more then happy to take one for the team. I'd go to heaven so what's to worry about? :w00t:
:sad: because I'd miss you if you went :sad:

Tyburn
04-29-2009, 08:56 PM
thats probably got more to do with the fact Mexico is a third world country, and the fact its spreading everywhere. The outbreaks in other countries are first world and not spreading really.

Tyburn
04-29-2009, 08:57 PM
Well since I am A MEXICAN born from a WHITE mother how the fu*k would this affect me? :angry:
I thought you were a German :blink:

Miss Foxy
04-29-2009, 08:58 PM
I thought you were a German :blink:
Here we go again.. Mutter is German... Papa is Mexican w/ Arabic Israeli. Both my parents were born here in America making us Americans shall I say!

Miss Foxy
04-29-2009, 08:59 PM
I care about Michelle :ashamed:
Don't be dramatic I wasnt saying you didnt its the way you respond that makes me laugh. I wouldnt even joke around about anything as serious as peoples lives being affected...

J.B.
04-29-2009, 09:05 PM
They are reporting 9 cases in Chicago now. :unsure-1:

They canceled some Mexican parade over it.

Miss Foxy
04-29-2009, 09:08 PM
I wonder how 3 M Ranch is doing? Nate can you ask Matt or give us an update please if possible?? :unsure-1:

Tyburn
04-29-2009, 09:39 PM

:mellow: its reached Illinois :sad:

Hughes_GOAT
04-30-2009, 12:06 AM
Sorry goat, i didn't think that was funny
it wasn't meant to be funny.

Hughes_GOAT
04-30-2009, 12:08 AM
probably in between...don't know but you have the genes.

Hughes_GOAT
04-30-2009, 12:09 AM
thats probably got more to do with the fact Mexico is a third world country, and the fact its spreading everywhere. The outbreaks in other countries are first world and not spreading really.
it's the same H1N1.

SteveT
04-30-2009, 12:19 AM

That's not good...I have to go down to Illinois in two weeks for work for a two week period.

This makes me nervous.

J.B.
04-30-2009, 01:46 AM
That's not good...I have to go down to Illinois in two weeks for work for a two week period.

This makes me nervous.

They closed some school in Chicago today over it. :unsure-1:

My cough is all better so I'm not worried anymore :laugh:

Black Mamba
04-30-2009, 03:15 AM
The news is reporting one probable case at my college. It hasn't been confirmed or denied yet. If it is confirmed, then there's talks about closing the college down.

Grrrr, right before finals. :angry: I got my bowling final next week, week after that Geography, then English, then Biology. I really don't need the school closing down right now.

mikthehick
04-30-2009, 03:21 AM
Dear Liberal Lying Media,

Thanks for reporting expounded facts and exaggerating almost everything on the news about the H1N1 virus. You failed to tell Americans, honestly, that if one is in good health and practice good hygiene they will be fine. Also, you don't really mention much about how to practice good hygiene, so thanks to you, most people are reacting with a mass hysteria response at your ridiculous insinuations about the situation. I hope you are happy about how much Americans don't actually read the facts of the situation and instead depend on hearing your lies every day. I hate you.

Respectfully,

kcd

MattHughesRocks
04-30-2009, 03:39 AM
OMG!:scared0011: OMG!:scared0011: OMG!:scared0011:

We are all going to DIIIIEEEEE!!!!:scared0011: :scared0011: :scared0011:

MattHughesRocks
04-30-2009, 03:42 AM
Completely understandable :rolleyes:

:sad: because I'd miss you if you went :sad:

Neezar
04-30-2009, 12:05 PM
We have confirmed cases here. All the schools and most daycares have closed down. AFter the local news came on last night,within 30 mins we had 22 people show up at the ER with flu symtoms . :angry: It was madness!

On a side note: People usually always scream or at the very least silently cry when you do a flu swab on them. Now, we are doing TWO on each person just to be sure. :w00t:

Neezar
04-30-2009, 12:09 PM
AND they are making us wear those stupid respirator masks. :angry:

MattHughesRocks
04-30-2009, 05:12 PM
The should make those with pictures on them, like the Rolling Stones tongue or something :laugh:

mikthehick
04-30-2009, 05:37 PM
OMG!:scared0011: OMG!:scared0011: OMG!:scared0011:

We are all going to DIIIIEEEEE!!!!:scared0011: :scared0011: :scared0011:

This is true, no one makes it out of life alive

Crisco
04-30-2009, 05:45 PM
This is true, no one makes it out of life alive

Chuck Norris does

Tyburn
04-30-2009, 05:46 PM
Dear Liberal Lying Media,

Thanks for reporting expounded facts and exaggerating almost everything on the news about the H1N1 virus. You failed to tell Americans, honestly, that if one is in good health and practice good hygiene they will be fine. Also, you don't really mention much about how to practice good hygiene, so thanks to you, most people are reacting with a mass hysteria response at your ridiculous insinuations about the situation. I hope you are happy about how much Americans don't actually read the facts of the situation and instead depend on hearing your lies every day. I hate you.

Respectfully,

kcd

We shouldnt "hate" Kim :mellow:

Tyburn
04-30-2009, 05:47 PM
Completely understandable :rolleyes:
:ashamed: I know. Your more infectious then the flu :laugh:

Tyburn
04-30-2009, 05:48 PM

I have several masks, but no respirators :sad:

mikthehick
04-30-2009, 08:50 PM
We shouldnt "hate" Kim :mellow:

I have no issues hating something that lies each and every day. It's kinda like saying it's wrong to hate the devil, but I do.

Miss Foxy
04-30-2009, 08:53 PM
I have no issues hating something that lies each and every day. It's kinda like saying it's wrong to hate the devil, but I do.
Yeah im with you.. I always say hate it or love it. Doesnt mean it needs to be taken so literally like its official.. I hate GSP.. There!

Tyburn
04-30-2009, 09:30 PM
if its not a host we should be praying for them actually :mellow:

Hughes_GOAT
04-30-2009, 09:46 PM
good, good...i can feel the hatred flowing through you Kim!

Neezar
05-01-2009, 06:15 PM
The should make those with pictures on them, like the Rolling Stones tongue or something :laugh:

:w00t:

I wished I had thought of that. I am going to draw me one when I go back to work.