PDA

View Full Version : Fighting

TexasRN
04-26-2009, 06:43 AM
I went and saw it tonight. Not bad. Not great by any means, but not too bad.

~Amy

VCURamFan
04-26-2009, 07:20 AM
I saw it with a couple of my buddies tonight, too. I felt like a little bit of my soul died.

logrus
04-26-2009, 07:30 AM
I saw it with a couple of my buddies tonight, too. I felt like a little bit of my soul died.

Question is how much of your soul was left after Never Back Down..

VCURamFan
04-26-2009, 01:43 PM
Question is how much of your soul was left after Never Back Down..Business ready for business.

Bonnie
04-26-2009, 03:03 PM
So, should we wait 'til it comes out on DVD?

rockdawg21
04-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Fighting/Never Back Down = Lionheart of the 2000s

They'll show them on USA like they did all of Van Damme's movies.

rockdawg21
04-26-2009, 03:38 PM

TexasRN
04-26-2009, 06:24 PM

It wasn't that bad, Ben. It was a cheesy movie about a kid who street fights. You didn't expect plot or character development or good writing did you?:laugh:

~Amy

ufcfan2
04-26-2009, 10:12 PM
I'll think I'll wait until DVD for this movie. I think them constantly showing the trailers got me burnt out before it came out kindof like the movie The Last House on the Left;inwhich they showed that trailer 24/7.
I did'nt care for Never Back Down nor Red Belt so I'm not gonna chance of wasting 7 bucks or so to see this one.

VCURamFan
04-26-2009, 10:34 PM
It wasn't that bad, Ben. It was a cheesy movie about a kid who street fights. You didn't expect plot or character development or good writing did you?:laugh:

~AmyNo, but when they tried to put plot & character development in there, they failed miserably. If yo're going to make a craptastic summer action movie, take your hints from the Transporter movie: have only as much plot as you absolutely must have in order to barely explain the awesomeness that your protagonist perpetrates. If I want a grand drama, I'm certainly not going to Channing Tatum for it!!

Tyburn
04-27-2009, 02:41 AM
I'm certainly not going to Channing Tatum for it!!
He's fantastic isnt he :ashamed:

Tyburn
04-27-2009, 02:42 AM
:angry: I like that film...I havent seen "fighting" yet...but I remember Channing Tatum...wasnt he in "coach Carter" :ninja:

VCURamFan
04-27-2009, 02:44 AM
He's fantastic isnt he :ashamed:No, he's not. He's a crap-tastic actor with no real combat ability.

Primadawn
04-27-2009, 02:54 AM
Channing Tatum is LOVELY to look at!!!! Yummmmmmm

Tyburn
04-27-2009, 02:56 AM
No, he's not. He's a crap-tastic actor with no real combat ability.
:sad: thats a little harsh...alright so he's an actor and not a fighter, so WTF do you expect from him??

But he's not "crap-tastic" thats just a mean thing to say :angry:

Spiritwalker
04-27-2009, 03:02 AM

Never Back Down, wasn't horrid...the story was off...but did try and note the "social videoing" of our world...

Fighting had some decent fight scenes.. but not bad...

It's funny that the movie was orginally going to be about basketball.

It was a pretty violent story and they just decided to make it "fighting".

TexasRN
04-27-2009, 03:07 AM

That certainly didn't hurt! Besides, I was a little distracted anyway....

~Amy

VCURamFan
04-27-2009, 03:29 AM
:sad: thats a little harsh...alright so he's an actor and not a fighter, so WTF do you expect from him??

But he's not "crap-tastic" thats just a mean thing to say :angry:No, I think that's a fair thing to say. His acting was terrible and fantastically crappy. Therefore, he's a crap-tastic actor.

Now maybe he's an OK actor with a crap-tastic role, but I certainly wouldn't call him "fantastic:ashamed:".

Tyburn
04-27-2009, 11:31 AM
That certainly didn't hurt! Besides, I was a little distracted anyway....

~Amy
:huh:

why who else is in it :mellow:

:laugh:

TexasRN
04-27-2009, 11:58 AM
:huh:

why who else is in it :mellow:

:laugh:

Luis Guzman, Nate's look a like. But I was distracted by the person who was with me.

~Amy

County Mike
04-27-2009, 12:01 PM
I liked "Never Back Down". It delivered on what I was looking for. Some cool fight scenes.

Just watched "Red Belt" yesterday. Too deep, not enough action and pretty corny at the end.

Haven't seen "Fighting" yet but if it has a lot of good fight scenes, I'll probably like it.

TexasRN
04-27-2009, 12:19 PM
I liked "Never Back Down". It delivered on what I was looking for. Some cool fight scenes.

Just watched "Red Belt" yesterday. Too deep, not enough action and pretty corny at the end.

Haven't seen "Fighting" yet but if it has a lot of good fight scenes, I'll probably like it.

If you watch it knowing what it is, you will like it. It has some funny moments in it and the fights aren't too bad. I enjoyed it. Ben just has high expectations and ends up disappointed each time.

~Amy

Tyburn
04-27-2009, 12:59 PM
Luis Guzman, Nate's look a like. But I was distracted by the person who was with me.

~Amy
...and who were you with :ninja:

Miss Foxy
04-27-2009, 04:26 PM
I seen it yesterday and I loved it. The only thing was Terrence Howards voice was weird in this movie!?...Oh and the girl was Puerto Rican they should have made her of Mexican decent IMO.. lol...

VCURamFan
04-27-2009, 04:27 PM
If you watch it knowing what it is, you will like it. It has some funny moments in it and the fights aren't too bad. I enjoyed it. Ben just has high expectations and ends up disappointed each time.

~AmyMommy says it's because those girls don't deserve me.:unsure-1:

O, you were talking about the movie!:scared0011:

I knew what it was going in (the Cung Le scene was pretty awesome), but when they started trying to do too much, it got in the way & distracted me. If they had just been a no-plot, no-drama fight movie, I would have enjoyed it. They're attempts to humanize everyone just got a little wearisome.

Miss Foxy
04-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Yup, I couldnt help drooling either!! I love his ears! He kinda reminds me of John Cena..

Vizion
04-30-2009, 10:25 PM

I don't know about Fighting, after Never Back Down I never want to watch a lame movie like that again...Lionheart overall isn't a bad film. It was MUCH better than NBD.

Llamafighter
04-30-2009, 11:01 PM
I seen it yesterday and I loved it. The only thing was Terrence Howards voice was weird in this movie!?...Oh and the girl was Puerto Rican they should have made her of Mexican decent IMO.. lol...

She's actually Columbian:) I saw her on a local news program.

Miss Foxy
04-30-2009, 11:23 PM
She's actually Columbian:) I saw her on a local news program.
What I actually meant is the portrayal of the character. Puerto Ricans are the only latinos allowed in the city on the big screen! LOL. She was gorgeous though I cannot argue that!

xSubmission
05-01-2009, 03:37 AM
Red Belt was the best movie ever!
Im not a fan of movies really...Havent been to a theatre in years. But Fighting sure does look interesting

warriorlion
05-01-2009, 08:36 AM
lionheart - is tat the JCVD movie where he escapes from the foriegn legion and becomes a underground fighter???

its just that that movie was called AWOL here in the UK. dont know why they choose to change the title of movies