PDA

View Full Version : Seedstacked, and the Professional Wreslter I met

Tyburn
04-25-2009, 03:40 PM
:)

So in the afternoons on a Saturday I finish at three pm, this means I only have two hours after lunch, and spend most of my time looking after the fleet of noobs which man the department on a Saturday afternoon. It means I can get to pick and choose where I work.

I discovered a trolley parked up at the end of the fruit Isle, with some guy who was doing try before you buy. Naturally, I said hello, and he asked me if I wanted to try his product...it was a seedbar...and I was like..."well...does it contain peanuts... :unsure-1: " He assured me it didnt, so I tried it, and it seemed quite nice. On asking him a few questions, I suddenly realized, he wasnt just a try and buy salesman.

You can read his biography through the link below and see pictures, but anyway, He used to be an English Professional Wrestler, but when he developed Chrones disease, he couldnt be a part of it anymore. So he set about entering a competition that ASDA ran which was based on the "dragons den" idea...so a group of people with inventions come and the company judges which they think will work. IF they choose you, they fund you to get started on making your product for mass sale in their shop. If it sells well, after the first year, you can offer you product to other shops also.

Basically, he won, and he's done VERY well from it. He happens to own and run the company. He's increadibly small, which is why I was like "Professional Wrestler, are you sure :huh: " but he lost like stones and stones when his chrones flared up. (chrones is a horrible digestive disorder which basically the gut becomes inflamed, and you cant digest...it happened to a friend of mine, and he was on liquid only for months :unsure:

You can see in the two pictures just how much smaller he is now :mellow: He's also increadibly...and I mean REALLY, softly spoken...I cant imagine him ever cutting a heels promo...but hey :laugh: Needless to say, we had quite a lot to talk about hahahaha...I didnt get much work done this afternoon (I did manage to help him get a parking permit for his car though...when I realized he was effectively the CEO of one of our suppliers, and not just an on commission try and buy sales assistant, I got the management to spare him from having to pay to park his car.)

http://www.seedstacked.co.uk/about.html

Bonnie
04-25-2009, 04:21 PM
Dave, what a wonderful story. How old is he do you know?
Did you tell him about Matt?

I'm so glad you got to meet him, and him, you. Do you think you will stay in touch with him?

This is a perfect example of how someone's life is changed where one door closes and another door opens. :)

J.B.
04-25-2009, 08:19 PM
I had a friend who passed away a couple years ago that had Chrones disease. That is no fun at all. :sad:

Bonnie
04-25-2009, 10:45 PM
I had a friend who passed away a couple years ago that had Chrones disease. That is no fun at all. :sad:

My sister worked with a woman who had it. Are you saying your friend died from his Crohn's disease? :unsure-1:

J.B.
04-25-2009, 11:35 PM
My sister worked with a woman who had it. Are you saying your friend died from his Crohn's disease? :unsure-1:

He was old, and had a lot of health complications, but it was one of the things that did him in. He used to work at local bar that my band frequently played at.

Tyburn
04-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Bonnie, we never really got chance to chat about MMA, firstly, whenever a manager appeared I had to practise my art of "looking busy without actually being busy" and secondly, we spent most of the time talking about His new business with the seeds. Heck, I bearly managed to have time to tell him that I actually wrote a dissertation that featured Wrestling.

But...he does have an email address :laugh:

As for thast disease...yeah...my friend at school got it aswell during the end of year seven, start of year eight...he was never the same again :sad: