PDA

View Full Version : Bring and Share

Tyburn
04-23-2009, 11:26 PM
if someone invites you to one..what do you usually like to bring :)

Miss Foxy
04-23-2009, 11:29 PM
Bring n share what? What are you referring to a tea party or a swinger party? lol..

TexasRN
04-23-2009, 11:38 PM
You have to be more specific, Dave. Is it food related? Or gift like white elephant stuff? Or something a bit more risque?

~Amy

Tyburn
04-23-2009, 11:41 PM
You guys dont have bring and share in America :blink:

Its like where loads of people get together to have a meal or picknick or something.

The rules are that everybody brings something and its shared...from food...to utensils, to perhaps some entertainment....

I think you guys call these sorta things..."cook-outs" :huh:

J.B.
04-23-2009, 11:51 PM

Its like where loads of people get together to have a meal or picknick or something.

The rules are that everybody brings something and its shared...from food...to utensils, to perhaps some entertainment....

Cook-out?

Bring Beer :laugh:

rockdawg21
04-24-2009, 12:07 AM
Ah, a barbecue or cook-out. Yes, I always bring something.

matthughesfan21
04-24-2009, 12:22 AM
Cook-out?

Bring Beer :laugh:
and lots of it:laugh:

Miss Foxy
04-24-2009, 12:24 AM
We call em bbq's if your grilling, if its just a gathering we call em potlucks. Depends if you have a theme or not. If your gonna take chips take some damn dip. Thats a pet peeve of mine. Uum if you take a beverage take a few types not just a liter of pop. Hmm a relish tray sounds nice.. Just depends Dave...

NateR
04-24-2009, 12:29 AM
Yeah, we call them pot lucks, too. When we used to do these things in college I would always bring a 2 liter bottle of lemonade, since so many people were bringing soda. Usually that lemonade disappears faster than anything else, especially if there are a lot of parents with their children there. Most parents appreciate having a caffeine-free option if they're out with their kids.:laugh:

rearnakedchoke
04-24-2009, 12:32 AM
we call em pot lucks up in these parts in canada ... LOL ... it's usually good to know what to bring .. would be kinda of a crappy bring and share if everyone comes with the same thing ... booze and meat are always good

Miss Foxy
04-24-2009, 12:34 AM
You know here at work we have potlucks a lot. I hardly ever participate. I get grossed out easily. Sweaty Potato Salad, dripping 7layer bean dip, overcooked Swedish meatballs..... Yuck..

Llamafighter
04-24-2009, 12:35 AM
We called them potlucks. bring whatever you make best and you think everyone will enjoy.

J.B.
04-24-2009, 12:36 AM
Trust me Dave, bring this and you will be the star of the party

http://www.micromatic.com/Templates/static/images/10/TubKegPump.jpg

:laugh:

Tyburn
04-24-2009, 12:43 AM
Hmm a relish tray sounds nice.. Just depends Dave...
:w00t: yes that does sound nice!!!

Tyburn
04-24-2009, 12:45 AM
Sweaty Potato Salad, dripping 7layer bean dip, overcooked Swedish meatballs..... Yuck..
:laugh: doesnt sound so nice :unsure:

TexasRN
04-24-2009, 12:45 AM
We do this at work all the time. Everyone pretends to like everyone else's dish. Sometimes there is something good though.

~Amy

Tyburn
04-24-2009, 12:46 AM
We do this at work all the time. Everyone pretends to like everyone else's dish. Sometimes there is something good though.

~Amy

so what is your dish Amy?

I think I'd bring some manx kippers, precooked obviously :unsure-1:

TexasRN
04-24-2009, 12:59 AM
so what is your dish Amy?

I think I'd bring some manx kippers, precooked obviously :unsure-1:

I bring different things. Just depends on my mood. I have an appetizer that uses feta cheese and roasted red bell peppers that is pretty good. I make a blueberry salad that gets recipe requests. Those are the 2 most common that I take. Or I will bring a pickle tray that has pickles, olives, pickled baby corn, and whatever else I can find at the store that looks good and is pickled. Okra, peppers, etc......

~Amy

VCURamFan
04-24-2009, 01:00 AM
Our church has a pot-luck lunch every 4th Sunday. It's great. Right after the morning service, we all head into the Fellowship Hall for food. It's amazing.

TexasRN
04-24-2009, 01:03 AM
Our church has a pot-luck lunch every 4th Sunday. It's great. Right after the morning service, we all head into the Fellowship Hall for food. It's amazing.

I bet the little old ladies just love you and want to feed you and take you home to their granddaughters.

~Amy

matthughesfan21
04-24-2009, 01:09 AM
Trust me Dave, bring this and you will be the star of the party

http://www.micromatic.com/Templates/static/images/10/TubKegPump.jpg

:happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing:

rockdawg21
04-24-2009, 01:13 AM
We call em bbq's if your grilling, if its just a gathering we call em potlucks. Depends if you have a theme or not. If your gonna take chips take some damn dip. Thats a pet peeve of mine. Uum if you take a beverage take a few types not just a liter of pop. Hmm a relish tray sounds nice.. Just depends Dave...
Why ruin chips with dip? :sad:

Oddtodd76
04-24-2009, 02:39 AM
Does anyone else have one of those people in their family that insists you try their dish?
You know...the nastiest looking thing! And you are completely grossed out just by looking at it!
I have one that says i will just love this and i must try it..and baaarrrrrffffffff!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate that! My wife loves it when they do that to me!

que
04-24-2009, 02:58 AM

in america that is called a potluck

Primadawn
04-24-2009, 03:31 AM
I make the BEST baked mac and cheese ever--so that's usually what I take. I don't eat it--but it's always gone in a flash.

I hate potlucks though--I'm a super picky eater and I never know what's in the stuff...plus..I'm always afraid someone didn't wash their hands before they cooked....blech...

Neezar
04-24-2009, 04:25 AM
stuffing balls.

Spiritwalker
04-24-2009, 04:27 AM

At work we call those Pot Luck meals.. everyone on the team brings some food...

but going to a house for a UFC party.. or party in general, I provide food at my house.. everyone else brings their booze.. and the same at my instructors home..we will all bring food and drinks... it normally means we all get to bring each others food home after the parties.. the booze and soft drinks (we always have DDs) is always consumed... :)

MattHughesRocks
04-24-2009, 04:40 AM
Blueberry salad recipe please! :)

I bring different things. Just depends on my mood. I have an appetizer that uses feta cheese and roasted red bell peppers that is pretty good. I make a blueberry salad that gets recipe requests. Those are the 2 most common that I take. Or I will bring a pickle tray that has pickles, olives, pickled baby corn, and whatever else I can find at the store that looks good and is pickled. Okra, peppers, etc......

~Amy

County Mike
04-24-2009, 11:33 AM
I bring the 20oz solo cups. http://kegofwisdom.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/solo_cup.jpg
That leads to flip cup. http://www.flip-cup.com/PlayFlipCup.jpg
Which leads to people having fun, sometimes getting naked. http://thumb12.webshots.net/t/57/57/0/78/19/2582078190087930332SQokBG_th.jpg

Best drinking game around because you drink whether you win or lose and the pauses between rounds are usually pretty short.

Tyburn
04-24-2009, 01:23 PM
stuffing balls.
Good Call :laugh:

Tyburn
04-24-2009, 01:23 PM
I bring the 20oz solo cups. http://kegofwisdom.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/solo_cup.jpg
That leads to flip cup. http://www.flip-cup.com/PlayFlipCup.jpg
Which leads to people having fun, sometimes getting naked. http://thumb12.webshots.net/t/57/57/0/78/19/2582078190087930332SQokBG_th.jpg

Best drinking game around because you drink whether you win or lose and the pauses between rounds are usually pretty short.
yes...well we need entertainment also. and Utensils to boot :laugh:

Crisco
04-24-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm a beer pong guy myself.

IF you want to be really classy(and possibly ill) play it with wine!

mikthehick
04-24-2009, 04:57 PM
Wow, they call them bring and shares in England? It sounds so proper :laugh:

Dave, in North Carolina, where the BEST BBQ of all time is made, we call them BBQ or a Pig Pickin'. At a Pig Pickin, they slaughter a hog and cook it over a flame, then marinate it in BBQ sauce, then take it to a party. They put the hog over a spinning rotisserie (spelling sucks I know), then light a fire underneath and you "pick" what you want off. It sounds nasty, but it's seriously sooo good.

And yes I love cookouts or BBQs, esp if volleyball is involved. The food is always awesome. I don't think I've ever been to a bad cookout.

Spiritwalker
04-24-2009, 06:17 PM
Yeah.. agreed.. that's about the biggest "redneck" thing about me. I was lucky enough to have moved around the country alot when I was growing up that I don't have the southern accent.

But I loves me some pig pickins...

Dave, in North Carolina, where the BEST BBQ of all time is made, we call them BBQ or a Pig Pickin'. At a Pig Pickin, they slaughter a hog and cook it over a flame, then marinate it in BBQ sauce, then take it to a party. They put the hog over a spinning rotisserie (spelling sucks I know), then light a fire underneath and you "pick" what you want off. It sounds nasty, but it's seriously sooo good.

And yes I love cookouts or BBQs, esp if volleyball is involved. The food is always awesome. I don't think I've ever been to a bad cookout.

Tyburn
04-24-2009, 06:28 PM

:happydancing: YES...you bring the Hog, and the volleyball!!

Matt Hughes Forum Bring and Share would be the best EVER! :w00t:

mikthehick
04-24-2009, 06:58 PM
This has always been something I've wondered about, but why does 'everyone and their mother' think people from NC are rednecks?

Maybe it's just a stereotype. It's actually cool and unique, I guess, but that's always been a label I just can't seem to shake...

Miss Foxy
04-24-2009, 07:08 PM
This has always been something I've wondered about, but why does 'everyone and their mother' think people from NC are rednecks?

Maybe it's just a stereotype. It's actually cool and unique, I guess, but that's always been a label I just can't seem to shake...
Just like all Californians go to tanning salons, New Yorkers are rude, and so on and so forth. Sad, but true we are all stereo typed.

Tyburn
04-24-2009, 07:59 PM
I dont really distinguish between different types of Americans...all those strange names they use...to me...all Americans are fantastic...Some of them might need putting in thier place....

But its true what they say about Americans and America....EVERYTHING IS BIGGER AND BETTER....right down to the number of ml contained in a bottle of pop. Yep...500 for the UK...800 for the US :happydancing:

Plus...the Americans have Taco Bell...and we dont :sad:

rearnakedchoke
04-24-2009, 08:01 PM
Just like all Californians go to tanning salons, New Yorkers are rude, and so on and so forth. Sad, but true we are all stereo typed.
yes and canadians live in igloos and eat seal ... be right back, just saw a polar bear in my backyard ... gotta shoo em away from the beaver pelts and salmon that is being smoked

Miss Foxy
04-24-2009, 08:02 PM
yes and canadians live in igloos and eat seal ... be right back, just saw a polar bear in my backyard ... gotta shoo em away from the beaver pelts and salmon that is being smoked
Oh I assumed those were Alaskans! I always like Canada since my Beverly Hills 90210 days when I loved Jason Priestly lol......

Miss Foxy
04-24-2009, 08:06 PM
I dont really distinguish between different types of Americans...all those strange names they use...to me...all Americans are fantastic...Some of them might need putting in thier place....

But its true what they say about Americans and America....EVERYTHING IS BIGGER AND BETTER....right down to the number of ml contained in a bottle of pop. Yep...500 for the UK...800 for the US :happydancing:

Your so right!! So right now I went down to the lunch truck to get a damn Snickers bar.. I need some chocolate (ladies you know what I mean) anyhoots I noticed it felt heavy?! They made them 2 split bars, but its bigger than the old Snickers!.. So now I feel like the biggest fat *ss this side of the Mississippi!! Guilty as charged..:cry:

Tyburn
04-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Your so right!! So right now I went down to the lunch truck to get a damn Snickers bar.. I need some chocolate (ladies you know what I mean) anyhoots I noticed it felt heavy?! They made them 2 split bars, but its bigger than the old Snickers!.. So now I feel like the biggest fat *ss this side of the Mississippi!! Guilty as charged..:cry:
I want a lamby and beefy Taco Bell Melt :cry:

I havent had one since October 2007....and I have to wait until September 2009 to have another one...but guess what the first thing I'm going to do when I get off the plane in Washington DC is?

I'm gonna find one...and eat it :laugh:

Miss Foxy
04-24-2009, 08:10 PM

I havent had one since October 2007....and I have to wait until September 2009 to have another one...but guess what the first thing I'm going to do when I get off the plane in Washington DC is?

Lamb like Mary had a little lamb? I have not heard of that? EEWWWW

Crisco
04-24-2009, 08:36 PM

Maybe it's cuz your a redneck?

:tongue0011:

Tyburn
04-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Lamb like Mary had a little lamb? I have not heard of that? EEWWWW
Lamb as in "can you hear the lambs scream clarice :ninja: "

As in baby Sheep :rolleyes:

J.B.
04-25-2009, 12:34 AM

Taco Bell? :laugh:

Thats like grade-d beef!

When you come to the Windy City we'll show you some good food. :wink:

Spiritwalker
04-25-2009, 01:05 AM

You didn't come across that way to me.. Ryan has a bit of "deep pink" around his neck, but I don't hold that against him.

Spiritwalker
04-25-2009, 01:08 AM

Taco Hell is horrid.. their beef is a half step up from dog food grade beef....

and bigger isn't always better...the apples I had in Columbia were much tastier than any I have ever had.. and only about the size of a plum here.. it's all the steroids and growth hormones...

mikthehick
04-25-2009, 01:45 AM
Maybe it's cuz your a redneck?

:tongue0011:

I was most definitely a redneck last week, had blistering sunburn there, that s*** hurts!!!!

But yeah, I never told yall that we did have an outhouse in the back yard, it's called a creek, or stream, or woods. My friends and I went wherever we had to as kids. My parents first house was about 800 square feet, a regular shack.....

Tyburn
04-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Taco Bell? :laugh:

Thats like grade-d beef!

When you come to the Windy City we'll show you some good food. :wink:
but it tastes realllllly nice :w00t:

Tyburn
04-25-2009, 12:30 PM
Taco Hell is horrid.. their beef is a half step up from dog food grade beef....

and bigger isn't always better...the apples I had in Columbia were much tastier than any I have ever had.. and only about the size of a plum here.. it's all the steroids and growth hormones...
are you sure they werent crab apples :huh: We used to haev a crab apple tree at our old house in Lincoln :w00t: