PDA

View Full Version : Fedor Emelianenko vs. Shinya Aoki on April 29

Max
04-22-2009, 11:26 PM
From mmafighting.com

Kamipro is reporting that the two WAMMA champions, heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko and lightweight Shinya Aoki will face each other at "DEEP M-1 Challenge 3rd Edition in Japan" on April 29.
The two will meet in a special match, most likely grappling. Details will be announced shortly.

DEEP M-1 CHALLENGE 3rd EDITION in JAPAN
Date: April 29 16:00~
Place Differ Ariake, Tokyo

Japan vs United Kingdom
- Luiz Andrada vs Ian Butlin
- Hidehiko Hasegawa vs Simon Phillips
- Matt Thorpe vs TBA
- Tatsuya Mizuno vs Tom Blackledge
- Yusuke Kawaguchi vs Rob Broughton

USA West vs Korea
- David Jansen vs Nam YuiChul
- Fabio Negao vs Bae Myungho
- Giva Santana vs Heo Minsuk
- Raphael Davis vs Kim Jaeyoung
- Shane De Rosario vs Lee Doo Hee

France vs Spain
- Makhtar Gueye vs Jose Luiz Aguirre
- Farouk Lakebir vs Abner Lloveras
- Christophe Dafreville vs Rayco Silva
- Christian Mpumbu vs Enoc Solves
- Soufian Elgarne vs Rogent Lloret

Hughes_GOAT
04-22-2009, 11:29 PM
good night Aoki

Max
04-22-2009, 11:33 PM
good night Aoki
if its just a grappling match it could be interesting. What happens if Aoki wins????????

xSubmission
04-22-2009, 11:58 PM
Aoki victory by triangle!

Jason 16
04-23-2009, 12:34 AM
if its just a grappling match it could be interesting. What happens if Aoki wins????????
yea aoki is so much smaller and is so slick It would be hard for fedor to get any thing but I also see fador being big enough and good enough to get out of any triangle that aoki would try I say it will go the distance and fedor winning

xSubmission
04-23-2009, 12:42 AM
yea aoki is so much smaller and is so slick It would be hard for fedor to get any thing but I also see fador being big enough and good enough to get out of any triangle that aoki would try I say it will go the distance and fedor winning
in a grappling match i can seriously see Aoki subbing Fedor. Only problem for Aoki is when they start on their feet and if Fedor can manage to pass his guard.

Josh
04-23-2009, 01:09 AM
That's a wierd matchup. I don't think Aoki will be able to sub Fedor. If they were the same size though I would bet Aoki would take it.

Hughes_GOAT
04-23-2009, 01:33 AM
this is like Couture vs Jacare except Fedor is superior to Couture in submissions and Jacare is way better than Aoki.

Hughes_GOAT
04-23-2009, 01:39 AM
in a grappling match i can seriously see Aoki subbing Fedor. Only problem for Aoki is when they start on their feet and if Fedor can manage to pass his guard.
Nog couldn't sub him and neither could the ADCC God Arona. Aoki is way overrated. he's been subbed left and right in Brazil. Fedor is a HW and Aoki is a LW.

Moose
04-23-2009, 01:44 AM
this is like Couture vs Jacare except Fedor is superior to Couture in submissions and Jacare is way better than Aoki.

...so it's not like Couture vs Jacare? :wink:

Llamafighter
04-23-2009, 02:03 AM
I don't see how Aoki wil be able to control any of Fedor's limbs. Fedor is going to take a piece of him back to Stary Oskol...

matthughesfan21
04-23-2009, 02:26 AM
even if its just grappling, I don't think Aoki will have the strength to control fedor at all

que
04-23-2009, 02:40 AM
interesting matchup, but predictable outcome

Neezar
04-23-2009, 03:16 AM
How do you keep from forgetting not to punch? :blink:

Hughes_GOAT
04-23-2009, 03:59 AM
...so it's not like Couture vs Jacare? :wink:
it is like Couture vs Jacare in that Fedor is too strong for Aoki...as was Couture with Jacare.

sender
04-23-2009, 04:09 AM
This is a joke right?

Hmmm maybe the UFC will put on some counter programming and have Penn VS Lesnar...

Max
04-23-2009, 04:14 AM
How do you keep from forgetting not to punch? :blink:
because they are not stupid

Neezar
04-23-2009, 10:47 AM
because they are not stupid

That is subjective.

rockdawg21
04-23-2009, 01:32 PM
"Fedor is sitting at a buffet in Russia." - Dana White

Llamafighter
04-23-2009, 01:39 PM
"Fedor is sitting at a buffet in Russia." - Dana White

Doubtful...

ufcfan2
04-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Does this little show play into Dana's argument that Fedor does'nt want to fight top contenders? I mean I'd rather him actually fight someone like Barnett or Overeem than do this grappling match. I guess whatever his managers want him to do:scared0015:

xSubmission
04-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Nog couldn't sub him and neither could the ADCC God Arona. Aoki is way overrated. he's been subbed left and right in Brazil. Fedor is a HW and Aoki is a LW.
Who has subbed Aoki in Brazil?....Im gonna have to check out some of his older matches. But since he has been fighting in DREAM i've seen alot of improvement from him. His legs are so flexible they are like ropes that just wrap around ppl!
But i have faith in the LW ^^

Crisco
04-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Fedor will wear him down.

I can see Fedor beating him on points.

Crisco
04-23-2009, 05:59 PM
I believe Fedor will be submitted at the ADCC.

It all depends on who competes and if Fedor will do absolutes.

rockdawg21
04-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Fedor will wear him down.

I can see Fedor beating him on points.
I can see Fedor being too tired from eating at the buffet somewhere in Russia.

Hughes_GOAT
04-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Who has subbed Aoki in Brazil?....Im gonna have to check out some of his older matches. But since he has been fighting in DREAM i've seen alot of improvement from him. His legs are so flexible they are like ropes that just wrap around ppl!

Jacare for one. may not have even been in Brazil but it's on youtube and he's getting subbed more than once.

Hughes_GOAT
04-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Does this little show play into Dana's argument that Fedor does'nt want to fight top contenders? I mean I'd rather him actually fight someone like Barnett or Overeem than do this grappling match. I guess whatever his managers want him to do:scared0015:

he just beat Arlovski and Sylvia. both in the first round. Arlovski was ranked number 3 or 4. Sylvia was around 6.

Barnett doesn't want to fight him, it's been about 3 times now he's gotten out of it. Overeem can step up if he wants but he is no challenge.

Hughes_GOAT
04-23-2009, 07:48 PM
It's a crazy rumor no more. Now Fedor Emelianenko vs. Shinya Aoki is a crazy fact, according to press release sent out today by M-1 Global. The two will square off in a "five-minute special sparring exhibition" at the "M-1 Challenge Presented by Affliction" on April 29 in Tokyo. So what will the lightweight and the heavyweight try to do to each other over the course of the most bizarre and pointless five minutes in MMA history? According to the press release:

Complete rules of the Fedor vs. Aoki sparring exhibition are still being negotiated, but it will be presented as a special attraction during a 19-bout event scheduled to feature head-to-head M-1 Challenge matchups between host country Japan vs. England, Team USA West vs. South Korea, and Spain vs. France.

Crisco
04-23-2009, 08:25 PM
It's a crazy rumor no more. Now Fedor Emelianenko vs. Shinya Aoki is a crazy fact, according to press release sent out today by M-1 Global. The two will square off in a "five-minute special sparring exhibition" at the "M-1 Challenge Presented by Affliction" on April 29 in Tokyo. So what will the lightweight and the heavyweight try to do to each other over the course of the most bizarre and pointless five minutes in MMA history? According to the press release:

Complete rules of the Fedor vs. Aoki sparring exhibition are still being negotiated, but it will be presented as a special attraction during a 19-bout event scheduled to feature head-to-head M-1 Challenge matchups between host country Japan vs. England, Team USA West vs. South Korea, and Spain vs. France.

Translation: "We need Fedor here so more people will watch and Aoki was the only one brave enough"

atomdanger
04-24-2009, 09:32 PM
They aren't fighting. They are sparring.

Its for the Japanese fans, they will love it.
I think its a great idea.

The fans will love it, its only 5 minutes long, they both get paid, nobody gets hurt, everybody wins

atomdanger
04-24-2009, 09:32 PM

It isn't a fight, god people...

Its a parring show for the Japanese fans, WTF

atomdanger
04-24-2009, 09:34 PM
I believe Fedor will be submitted at the ADCC.

It all depends on who competes and if Fedor will do absolutes.

I don't think so, he hasn't been subbed in Sambo (that I know of, he lost by points).

His grappling is completely unreal in MMA,
and I think it will do well in a BJJ filled ADCC, those guys aren't used to competing with Sambo guys, as where Fedor has trained in, and faced a lot of BJJ guys.

I will amazed if he doesn't win.

xSubmission
04-24-2009, 09:35 PM
Jacare for one. may not have even been in Brazil but it's on youtube and he's getting subbed more than once.
But Jacare is one of the worlds best grapplers. Marcelo Garcia is one of the worlds best...and Ryan Gracie is one of the worlds best. We havent seen Fedor compete in high level grappling.

timmyja
04-24-2009, 09:51 PM
Just a little off topic, but my favorite Aoki fight is the one he just had with sakurai

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hughes_GOAT
04-25-2009, 02:00 AM
But Jacare is one of the worlds best grapplers. Marcelo Garcia is one of the worlds best...and Ryan Gracie is one of the worlds best. We havent seen Fedor compete in high level grappling.
Couture wasn't subbed by Jacare and Fedor is miles ahead of Couture in subs. Aoki isn't subbing a HW, especially Fedor.

xSubmission
04-25-2009, 06:30 AM
Couture wasn't subbed by Jacare and Fedor is miles ahead of Couture in subs. Aoki isn't subbing a HW, especially Fedor.
Everybody loves an upset!....
Have faith in the lightweight

atomdanger
04-27-2009, 07:41 PM

Wait.... we haven't?

For one, "grappling" isn't a sport, unless you're referring to No Gi BJJ,
but Fedor does win the Sambo world Championship once and a while i hear,
you should look into that....

Unless that isn't high level enough for you.

Crisco
04-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Wait.... we haven't?

For one, "grappling" isn't a sport, unless you're referring to No Gi BJJ,
but Fedor does win the Sambo world Championship once and a while i hear,
you should look into that....

Unless that isn't high level enough for you.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there strikes in Sambo? and no chokes allowed? I'm thinking of Combat Sambo. Not sure which one Fedor competes in however I do not feel the elite Sambo players are as skilled on the ground as elite BJJ/No-Gi grapplers.

Max
04-28-2009, 02:25 PM
based on Aoki's Wikipedia page he is 1-2 in ADCC. He beat Marcos Avellan on points and lost to Marcelo Garcia and Roger Gracie both by sub.

Hughes_GOAT
04-28-2009, 08:30 PM
Everybody loves an upset!....
Have faith in the lightweight
i have faith in no one but Fedor.

atomdanger
04-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there strikes in Sambo? and no chokes allowed? I'm thinking of Combat Sambo. Not sure which one Fedor competes in however I do not feel the elite Sambo players are as skilled on the ground as elite BJJ/No-Gi grapplers.

There are strikes in BJJ as well (the art, not the sport).
Or, in Gracie Jiu Jitsu there are anyway.
Just not in sport BJJ.

Sambo does allow choke holds, and is a grappling art, they even wear wrestling shoes.

atomdanger
04-29-2009, 08:56 PM
http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/fedor-aoki3.jpg

Tyburn
04-29-2009, 09:43 PM
He wont :ninja: Noone ever does :laugh:

Max
04-29-2009, 10:57 PM
the exhibition bout between Fedor Emelianenko and Shinya Aoki stole the show.

Emelianenko smashed Aoki into a corner before lifting him for an early slam. Aoki was allowed back to his feet, where he surprised by flying into an armbar and transitioning for a leg lock. The amused Russian threw a big punch to the canvas next to Aoki’s head then, both as a warning and a taunt.

Back on the feet, Emelianenko hip tossed Aoki and threatened with an arm lock. Aoki reversed and subsequently set up an armbar of his own. Emelianenko picked up the lightweight and teased a big slam until Aoki let go. Aoki then hit a double leg, but Emelianenko soon returned to his feet, as he slammed Aoki and feigned another armbar attempt.

Disrobing from his kurtka to raucous applause, the bare-chested Aoki dropped for a seoi-nage but did not expect the heavyweight to roll with the throw. Emelianenko latched onto one of his legs and applied a tight Achilles lock. Aoki tapped just before the bell sounded to end the exhibition.

“Even naked, I couldn’t do anything good,” Aoki said, “but it was good experience.”

After Aoki asked the crowd to give Emelianenko another round of applause, the stoic Russian took to the microphone.

“Despite our weights, I’d never thought there would be a fighter this strong.” Emelianenko said. “I respect Aoki and hope that he will continue to do his best.”

Hughes_GOAT
04-29-2009, 11:00 PM
3/10

VCURamFan
04-29-2009, 11:41 PM
Awesome.

Now somebody find me a dang video!!

Crisco
04-30-2009, 08:35 PM
Awesome.

Now somebody find me a dang video!!

Gets released may 4th.

I want to see if it looked fake or not.

Llamafighter
05-11-2009, 02:53 PM
Gets released may 4th.

I want to see if it looked fake or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzy-dGwtyx8

Fedor didn't look that much bigger than Shinya, but damn he looked freaking fast. I don't think another HW has his speed. Tghsoe throws were pretty crazy.

TheConcretekid
05-11-2009, 03:02 PM
Fedor threw him around, not unlike a rag doll. But they were smiling the whole time, it was clearly more of a show than anything. Fedor even lets Aoki attempt a flying armbar

Here's the vid:
http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Fedor_vs_Aoki_Exhibition_Match_M_1_Global?vid=100 04739&tid=100

Crisco
05-11-2009, 03:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzy-dGwtyx8

Fedor didn't look that much bigger than Shinya, but damn he looked freaking fast. I don't think another HW has his speed. Tghsoe throws were pretty crazy.

That's because Fedor could easily be a middleweight if he made the effort lol.

Llamafighter
05-11-2009, 03:38 PM
That's because Fedor could easily be a middleweight if he made the effort lol.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: