PDA

View Full Version : MATT'S BLOG makes MMA news...

Llamafighter
04-22-2009, 06:11 PM
MMA News quoted Matt's comments on his blog about hte Anderson Silva fight last Saturday.

Hughes: Bathroom Break Time When Anderson Silva Fights

http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/Hughes:-Bathroom-Break-Time-When-Anderson-Silva-Fights.html

Miss Foxy
04-22-2009, 06:13 PM
Here we go ready to battle all the idiots that are gonna make Matt out to be a jerk.. He was clearly speaking the truth...:wink:

Boomer
04-22-2009, 06:45 PM
:laugh:

You will start seeing this more and more as May 23rd gets closer. Any good publicist or PR person or news agency is going to monopolize on Matt's upcoming fight. The promotion that the UFC will do will put him back in main stream and all the little news orgs will ride the wave. Creating drama between fighters is the number one way to get noticed.

Normally we would have to watch out for die hard Silva fans to troll here wanting to reclaim his honor … only … they really wouldn’t have a leg to stand on. His title fight speaks for itself.

rearnakedchoke
04-22-2009, 06:48 PM
Here we go ready to battle all the idiots that are gonna make Matt out to be a jerk.. He was clearly speaking the truth...:wink:
maybe, everyone has been on Silva, so this may slip by, but you are right ... people just love bad-mouthing Matt ... eff them .........

Bonnie
04-22-2009, 06:49 PM

Matt's just saying what a lot of people thought about that fight. :happy0159:

:sign0011:

Miss Foxy
04-22-2009, 07:37 PM
maybe, everyone has been on Silva, so this may slip by, but you are right ... people just love bad-mouthing Matt ... eff them .........
Plus Matt is speaking to his fans. Its not like he went on camera to bash another fighter. It was his opinion and in this case just so happens to be the truth.. Boomer is right as the fight approaches more and more of this stuff will be going down.

CAVEMAN
04-22-2009, 08:08 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Does not surprise me one bit! I thought to myself when I was reading Matt's blog that some reporter would pick this comment out and run with it! I'm surprised there has not been more......yet!

I'm waiting for the headline "Hughes Calls Anderson Out"!

It was a boring fight so Matt's statement was accurate! But some out there will twist it into something else.

Llamafighter
04-22-2009, 08:46 PM
This happened with the GSP vs Fitch fight too. We'll have to be on our toes on here as I'm sure we'll get some trolls and Serra huggers. We didn't really see it with Alves that i know of. Then again our Mods do a good job of catchign a lot of that crap before it gets a chance to spawn.

rockdawg21
04-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Nice blog Matt! I'm sure you'll have more fun in the bathroom.

J.B.
04-22-2009, 10:05 PM
Nothing new here, people are always looking for a reason to hate on Matt.

I think Matt articulated his point well about the Silva fight. Leites was just dropping to the floor expecting Silva to take the bait, and Silva could have been more aggressive. I personally put more of the blame on Leties, but the fight WAS boring, that's how it goes sometimes.

I don't think we have to worry about May 23rd being boring. :wink:

rockdawg21
04-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Nothing new here, people are always looking for a reason to hate on Matt.

I think Matt articulated his point well about the Silva fight. Leites was just dropping to the floor expecting Silva to take the bait, and Silva could have been more aggressive. I personally put more of the blame on Leties, but the fight WAS boring, that's how it goes sometimes.

I don't think we have to worry about May 23rd being boring. :wink:
Yeah, I would imagine Serra doesn't want to be on his back vs. Matt. I'd give him a better chance in the standup, but that still doesn't mean he has a chance. :laugh:

J.B.
04-22-2009, 10:38 PM
that still doesn't mean he has a chance. :laugh:

It's gonna be sweet to finally see Matt beat the crap out of that turd burglar. :)

Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya
04-23-2009, 12:52 AM
I cant wait!!!!:)

Thats one thing you CANT say about a Hughes fight.......BORING!!!:Whistle:

Lets see....if I remember correctly
1.) Was it boring when he got the belt from Carlos? We all remember how
Carlos went down and out......definitely not Boring!
2.) What about the quick arm bar he pulled on GSP ......sweet!!!!
3.) And Trigg.....1 or 2........whichever....#1 standing RNC.....stilll my
ultimate favorite!!!!!!!!
And lets not leave out Trigg 2.....how he recovered from that kick...
amazing comeback.....not Boring!!!
4.) Anybody see the Gracie fight.........I'll leave it at that, dominating a
legend is far from Boring!
5.) And of course BJ #2......the crucifix, gotta love that move.....sweet!!!!!!

When Hughes name is on the card..........BORING is not!!!!!:punch: :punch:

I cant wait for May 23rd!!!!! Bringing some excitement back into the Octagon

:jumping0045: :jumping0045: :jumping0045: :jumping0045:

PS.....I know a lot of his older, pre UFC fights were not boring.....just dont know all the opponents names!

TexasRN
04-23-2009, 02:49 AM
Matt speaks his mind and says what needs to be said. And it's true. So who cares if people don't like it or want to blow it up for "news"? I'm sure he doesn't lose sleep over it. I do like it when he gets attention though cuz it really proves that those with true character are looked at differently than others. It makes me proud to say that I've been a fan of his for years now and will continue to be his fan until I'm old and senile.

~Amy

Llamafighter
04-23-2009, 02:59 AM
Matt speaks his mind and says what needs to be said. And it's true. So who cares if people don't like it or want to blow it up for "news"? I'm sure he doesn't lose sleep over it. I do like it when he gets attention though cuz it really proves that those with true character are looked at differently than others. It makes me proud to say that I've been a fan of his for years now and will continue to be his fan until I'm old and senile.

~Amy

You got a loooong way to go before you're old! :laugh:

TexasRN
04-23-2009, 03:07 AM
You got a loooong way to go before you're old! :laugh:

Awwww, aren't you sweet? You may get a hug in Vegas after all. I'll have to let my bodyguard know that it's cool though. I'd hate to see you and Ben get into it. Wait, maybe that would be cool to watch. You're probably same weight class, right?

~Amy

Llamafighter
04-23-2009, 03:24 AM
Awwww, aren't you sweet? You may get a hug in Vegas after all. I'll have to let my bodyguard know that it's cool though. I'd hate to see you and Ben get into it. Wait, maybe that would be cool to watch. You're probably same weight class, right?

~Amy

I'm glad you didn't get that i was saying you don't have a loooong way to go til your senile :laugh: :blink: :ninja:
We're pretty close in size I believe (6"3' 205), but I have no Bas Rutten workout experience...I don't think my liver could take the abuse

MattHughesRocks
04-23-2009, 03:42 AM
Oh screw the haters. It only matters what we say anyway :laugh:

VCURamFan
04-23-2009, 03:53 AM
I'm glad you didn't get that i was saying you don't have a loooong way to go til your senile :laugh: :blink: :ninja:
We're pretty close in size I believe (6"3' 205), but I have no Bas Rutten workout experience...I don't think my liver could take the abuseYou got more to worry about from my push-kicks than my liver shots. O & don't forget, I'm a sucker for an over-hand right.

TexasRN
04-23-2009, 12:30 PM
We're pretty close in size I believe (6"3' 205), but I have no Bas Rutten workout experience...I don't think my liver could take the abuse

I would rather be senile than old.

~Amy

Llamafighter
04-23-2009, 12:44 PM
You got more to worry about from my push-kicks than my liver shots. O & don't forget, I'm a sucker for an over-hand right.
Did you get your airline ticket yet? When are you shooting to get into Vegas?

I would rather be senile than old.

~Amy

:laugh: :laugh:

me too.

Miss Foxy
04-23-2009, 05:01 PM

~Amy
Thats one of the big reasons I love Matt so much he speaks his mind!!! People always try to make him out like he's cocky and well even if he is he can back it up! lol..Nothing wrong with being confident thats admirable!!:)

TexasRN
04-23-2009, 05:44 PM
Thats one of the big reasons I love Matt so much he speaks his mind!!! People always try to make him out like he's cocky and well even if he is he can back it up! lol..Nothing wrong with being confident thats admirable!!:)

I believe there is a big difference in being cocky and being confident and most people have a hard time differentiating between the two. Guess that is Matt's burden to bear for being such a great athlete and all around great person. If he really was a cocky, arrogant SOB then he wouldn't have so many loyal friends and fans. I'm not friends with or a fan of jerks. Somehow, I don't think you are either.

The haters are all just jealous anyway. :laugh:

~Amy

gymcoach97
04-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Sometimes the truth hurts! What Dana said in the post-fight press conference with Anderson sitting right there wasn't any worse. These online websites need to stop stirring the pot.

Matt basically said what 99% of the PPV audience was thinking. I said the same exact thing - except I'm not a celebrity so nobody gives a sh**.

Anderson's performance was pathetic - end of discussion. He never once tried to finish the fight and he spent most of the fight taunting when he really had no business taunting. If he were putting on a clinic like in the boxing fight from a few years back between Floyd Mayweather and Arturo Gatti, then I'd say that he has the right to taunt. (By the way, if I recall, I don't think that Floyd ever taunted in that fight...but, man, did he put on a beautiful display of boxing) However, Silva was hardly peppering Leites with flurries and combinations. He was throwing front kicks and punches to Leites thigh :laugh:

Leites' performance wasn't much better, but at least he wasn't taunting. Furthermore, I don't necessarily blame him for not wanting to fall into Anderson's game of allowing Silva to counterstrike. But, knowing that Leites wasn't going to attack and after surviving the couple of times that Leites got him to the ground - what gives? Why wasn't Anderson more aggressive?

It really makes me wonder if he was "shaving" points in a sense. Is there such a thing as a spread on a boxing or MMA fight? Maybe he put a bundle on himself to go to a 5-round decision.

J.B.
04-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Sometimes the truth hurts! What Dana said in the post-fight press conference with Anderson sitting right there wasn't any worse. These online websites need to stop stirring the pot.

Matt basically said what 99% of the PPV audience was thinking. I said the same exact thing - except I'm not a celebrity so nobody gives a sh**.

Anderson's performance was pathetic - end of discussion. He never once tried to finish the fight and he spent most of the fight taunting when he really had no business taunting. If he were putting on a clinic like in the boxing fight from a few years back between Floyd Mayweather and Arturo Gatti, then I'd say that he has the right to taunt. (By the way, if I recall, I don't think that Floyd ever taunted in that fight...but, man, did he put on a beautiful display of boxing) However, Silva was hardly peppering Leites with flurries and combinations. He was throwing front kicks and punches to Leites thigh :laugh:

Leites' performance wasn't much better, but at least he wasn't taunting. Furthermore, I don't necessarily blame him for not wanting to fall into Anderson's game of allowing Silva to counterstrike. But, knowing that Leites wasn't going to attack and after surviving the couple of times that Leites got him to the ground - what gives? Why wasn't Anderson more aggressive?

It really makes me wonder if he was "shaving" points in a sense. Is there such a thing as a spread on a boxing or MMA fight? Maybe he put a bundle on himself to go to a 5-round decision.

Floyd did not have time to taunt Gatti, he was too busy punching him in the eye. :laugh:

Although, I gotta say, it's tough to make that comparison because Gatti was the type of boxer that went in head first all the time. Look at some of Floyd's other fights, specifically the match with DLH. People were highly critical of Floyd's style, especially people who were new to boxing and did not understand what they were seeinig.

I agree with you that Silva could have been more aggressive and he had some missed chances to let it go and probably KO Thales, and Leites was really out of hand with all the dropping to the ground, but I also think what we saw was a combination of things happening at once that led to both fighters not really having an answer for the other one's strategy. I don't think it was an intentional lack of effort by Silva, I just think it was a bad matchup and they need to actually give Silva a real test.

I hear what you are saying about the taunting, but I don't think that what Silva was doing was really "taunting" as much as just trying to use misdirection to throw Leites off his game and open up a chance for a combination. It's the same thing a lot of boxers do, and nobody does it better than Roy Jones Jr. :wink:

Tyburn
04-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Hughes: Bathroom Break Time When Anderson Silva Fights

GOOD FOR MATT

But the loo breaks for the next time aint it? I mean the first and second, he walked out and went home...:laugh:

VCURamFan
04-23-2009, 09:36 PM
Did you get your airline ticket yet? When are you shooting to get into Vegas?Yup! Check the Prep thread!!

John King
04-26-2009, 12:44 PM
Everytime Matt tells the truth on HIS opinion it's blown out of proportion by the people that get on Matt's own website and tries to make him look bad. Matt didn't call up a newspaper, he spoke to his fans. Anderson Silva is a great fighter but his last 2 fights have been boring and that is all Matt was saying, it doesn't mean Silva is not the best ever, we as fans just expect more. Matt Hughes is the only fighter I know that stays loyal to his fans each week and speaks his mind good or bad and it kills fans of other fighters that don't get the attention they need so they feed off any negative they can.

VCURamFan
04-26-2009, 01:56 PM
Everytime Matt tells the truth on HIS opinion it's blown out of proportion by the people that get on Matt's own website and tries to make him look bad. Matt didn't call up a newspaper, he spoke to his fans. Anderson Silva is a great fighter but his last 2 fights have been boring and that is all Matt was saying, it doesn't mean Silva is not the best ever, we as fans just expect more. Matt Hughes is the only fighter I know that stays loyal to his fans each week and speaks his mind good or bad and it kills fans of other fighters that don't get the attention they need so they feed off any negative they can.Can I get an AMEN?

Now that is sig-worthy!!! Welcome to the boards, if I've forgotten to say so!

que
05-02-2009, 11:26 PM
i think matt might have been trying to make a joke (even though he was probably being truthful at the same time) i do think it was a bit disrepsectful to anderson, IN MY OPINION. although i have no problem with what matt said about taking bathroom breaks when anderson fights in the future because that's his opinion, but on the flipside i can totally understand the retaliation from the fans on his comments. let's face it, when matt beat lytle in a decision the majority of MMA fans heavily criticized matt, said things like he lay n' prayed the whole time, etc, for being boring and thought it was a boring fight. so with that in mind, let's say for example if some top fighter came out and said on his blog that he was going to take a bathroom break whenever hughes fights again. people on here would call him disrespectful, they would call him cocky, call him arragant, whatnot. anyone who denies that knows they are wrong. also, fans think it was direspectful because even if he was making a joke, would he say that to anderson's face? no way. he would never walk up to him at a UFC event and say"by the way, i'm going to go to the bathroom everytime you fight from now on" he wouldn't say that because it would be taken very.... very badly.. by anderson or whomever

anyways i don't care that he said that about anderson, i'm just saying i do understand the retaliation. you have to look at it from both sides and put yourself in other people's positions. just my two cents

Miss Foxy
05-03-2009, 12:38 AM
i think matt might have been trying to make a joke (even though he was probably being truthful at the same time) i do think it was a bit disrepsectful to anderson, IN MY OPINION. although i have no problem with what matt said about taking bathroom breaks when anderson fights in the future because that's his opinion, but on the flipside i can totally understand the retaliation from the fans on his comments. let's face it, when matt beat lytle in a decision the majority of MMA fans heavily criticized matt, said things like he lay n' prayed the whole time, etc, for being boring and thought it was a boring fight. so with that in mind, let's say for example if some top fighter came out and said on his blog that he was going to take a bathroom break whenever hughes fights again. people on here would call him disrespectful, they would call him cocky, call him arragant, whatnot. anyone who denies that knows they are wrong. also, fans think it was direspectful because even if he was making a joke, would he say that to anderson's face? no way. he would never walk up to him at a UFC event and say"by the way, i'm going to go to the bathroom everytime you fight from now on" he wouldn't say that because it would be taken very.... very badly.. by anderson or whomever

anyways i don't care that he said that about anderson, i'm just saying i do understand the retaliation. you have to look at it from both sides and put yourself in other people's positions. just my two cents
I don't feel he was disrespecting him. If he was somewhere in town talking to cameras laughing and mocking then maybe I could agree. However he posts to his fans so with that being said he tells us all the time whats up so its not like he was trying to gain some quick fame over it. Truth= "it is what it is." If Matt said it was a good fight don't you think we all would have had one eyebrow raised. I know I would. Sometimes the truth hurts. And honestly if people don't enjoy Matts fights they can go to the restroom im sure Matt won't lose any sleep over it. Just my opinion..:Whistle:

atomdanger
05-03-2009, 07:55 PM
This blog was part of the reason I became a Hughes fan,
he says what he thinks (Much like Dana, but not as candid).

He clearly isn't going to kiss Anderson's butt for no reason and call it a technical wonder,
when clearly it was just boring.

I mean, I am impressed AS didn't get hit much if at all, or hurt...
But.... come on.... You're the MW champion.

Tyburn
05-03-2009, 10:30 PM
This blog was part of the reason I became a Hughes fan,
but you've been posting on this forum for years....and He's only just made that blog :mellow:

atomdanger
05-04-2009, 12:41 AM
but you've been posting on this forum for years....and He's only just made that blog :mellow:

For just over 1 year.

and I worded it wrong.
I meant, because he speaks his mind.. Like.. he was just being honest.
and that is why I became a fan.

Does that make more sense? lol
I am bad at explaining things that make sense to me sometimes.

Tyburn
05-04-2009, 12:46 AM
For just over 1 year.

and I worded it wrong.
I meant, because he speaks his mind.. Like.. he was just being honest.
and that is why I became a fan.

Does that make more sense? lol
I am bad at explaining things that make sense to me sometimes.
:laugh: yes that makes more sense :laugh: