PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Queen Elizabeth

Tyburn
04-21-2009, 06:36 PM
:happydancing:

The Queen has two Birthdays. Her REAL Birthday (which is today) and is not celebrated by the Nation. And a National Birthday sometime later in June.

She is Eighty-Three years old today :)

So I thought I'd celebrate :happydancing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh1-9ww_HmM (Elizabeth reflects on her Life, what it is to be a Monarch, How to entertain guests, how to treat people in the correct manner, listen to her, her attitude might suprise you. Did you know that Her Majesty enjoys FARMING as a passtime? She LOVES Horse racing also :w00t: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGLN1kREJ2Q (The Coronation of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth The Second)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjr-p9Fpktw (Slide show of the Second Elizabethan Reign)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9IN_uYB3GA (an excerpt of the Queens Jubilee celebration that features the Coronation Arrangement of The National Anthem in Saint Paul's Cathedral, London)

Miss Foxy
04-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Who cares:frantics: Had to make you mad today Dave.. hehe!!!

Tyburn
04-21-2009, 07:03 PM
:mellow: why the whole world should care of course :frantics:

Who cares:frantics: Had to make you mad today Dave.. hehe!!!

Llamafighter
04-21-2009, 07:25 PM
She didn't remember my birthday so I shall snub hers:wink:

Tyburn
04-21-2009, 07:37 PM
She didn't remember my birthday so I shall snub hers:wink:
She cant wish EVERYONE a happy Birthday...didnt you watch the first link...she talks about communicating with her Subjects in great depth.

Crisco
04-21-2009, 08:16 PM
She cant wish EVERYONE a happy Birthday...didnt you watch the first link...she talks about communicating with her Subjects in great depth.

We won that war... We aren't her subjects anymore :wink: :laugh:

VCURamFan
04-21-2009, 08:43 PM
As a birthday present, I'm going to give the Queen a big hug & pat her on the back. LOOK OUT, QUEENY, I'M A COMMONER!!!!!!!

Crisco
04-21-2009, 09:00 PM
We should give her the Obama's as a gift (not a racial joke)

Tyburn
04-21-2009, 09:12 PM
We should give her the Obama's as a gift (not a racial joke)
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tyburn
04-21-2009, 09:17 PM
We won that war... We aren't her subjects anymore :wink: :laugh:
which is why she would treat you as a guest, and get out her best crockery for your arrival.

She says so in the first video :)

Neezar
04-22-2009, 03:14 AM
What do you think she would say when we try to hold on to our cutlery for the next course? :unsure-1:

:laugh:

Bonnie
04-22-2009, 04:16 AM
"Peasant! Off with her head!" :laugh:

Tyburn
04-22-2009, 12:31 PM
What do you think she would say when we try to hold on to our cutlery for the next course? :unsure-1:

:laugh:
She'd probably ask you politely to give it back :laugh:

rockdawg21
04-22-2009, 02:26 PM
Queen Elizabeth has been dead for several centuries. Why would you celebrate her birthday? :tongue0011:

Tyburn
04-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Queen Elizabeth has been dead for several centuries. Why would you celebrate her birthday? :tongue0011:
:rolleyes: Not The First Elizabeth....The Second one :laugh:

rockdawg21
04-22-2009, 05:49 PM
:rolleyes: Not The First Elizabeth....The Second one :laugh:
Then why didn't you refer to her as Queen Elizabeth II? There was another thread where you mentioned King Henry as King Henry VIII :laugh:

Tyburn
04-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Then why didn't you refer to her as Queen Elizabeth II? There was another thread where you mentioned King Henry as King Henry VIII :laugh:
I thought people might use their nog...and see that obviously I'm talking about a Living Elizabeth, and a Dead Henry :laugh:

rockdawg21
04-22-2009, 05:58 PM
I thought people might use their nog...and see that obviously I'm talking about a Living Elizabeth, and a Dead Henry :laugh:
LOL, I knew who you meant, just giving you a hard time :laugh:

Tyburn
04-22-2009, 06:01 PM
LOL, I knew who you meant, just giving you a hard time :laugh:
I knew that you knew what I meant, just playing along :ashamed:

rockdawg21
04-22-2009, 06:06 PM
I knew that you knew what I meant, just playing along :ashamed:
I know you knew that I knew what you meant.

Tyburn
04-22-2009, 06:20 PM
I know you knew that I knew what you meant.
:blink:

County Mike
04-22-2009, 07:17 PM
Bishop jump Queen.

Tyburn
04-22-2009, 08:31 PM
Bishop jump Queen.
:blink:

I dont think so.

The power flows down Elizabeth<ABC<Ebor<+London<Bishops

:) Out of Interest did you know that there was a GEOGRAPHICAL Third Province? It was going to be at a place Called "Deva" Which is the Roman Term for the Fortress that stood on the edge of the Empire at Chester, and sent up the bricks north to build Hadrians Wall, litterally a coast to coast wall between England and Scotland. It was manned by the Twentieth Legion of Rome.

But the Cathedral itself was at Litchfield I believe...it didnt last as a Province for very long. Infact, although the Bishop was made Archbishop momentarily...York was made Archbishop instead.

County Mike
04-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Monthy Python reference - playing human chess and eventually EVERYONE jumped the Queen.

VCURamFan
04-22-2009, 08:53 PM
Bishop jump Queen.Ummm...aren't Bishops supposed to be celibate?:laugh:

Tyburn
04-22-2009, 08:53 PM
Monthy Python reference - playing human chess and eventually EVERYONE jumped the Queen.
if you say so :blink:

Tyburn
04-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Ummm...aren't Bishops supposed to be celibate?:laugh:
Not in the Anglican Church :rolleyes:

cubsfan47
04-23-2009, 12:58 PM
which is why she would treat you as a guest, and get out her best crockery for your arrival.

She says so in the first video :)
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

True class.

Seriously, the few Brits I know that lived through the blitz say that the fact that Elizabeth stayed in London was very important. Anyway she is a very classy lady and reminds me a lot of my mom.:)

Tyburn
04-23-2009, 01:21 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

True class.

Seriously, the few Brits I know that lived through the blitz say that the fact that Elizabeth stayed in London was very important. Anyway she is a very classy lady and reminds me a lot of my mom.:)

I think your thinking of Elizabeth...as in the Queen Mother, She was Queen, but never actually rulled, because she married into the Royals, by wedding the King....this shows her on the topic you mention...the war, bombing and her refusal to leave http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFr5iNg7fPY She actually talks to you on this video about what made her choose to stay when the palace was actually bombed....Thats Elizabeths Mother (also called Elizabeth :laugh: ) "I'm glad we've been bombed, now I can look the east end in the face" Mother and Daughter, sound, and look very much alike dont they?

The Royal Family were advised to leave London during the Bombing Campaigns as they mainly targetted cities, and specifically important buildings within them.

Queen Elizabeth (The Queens Mother...so she was only Queen Dowerger, this means she never rulled, Her Husband rulled...thats why she's technically Elizabeth 1.5 :laugh: ) Decided that the Family would not be moving anywhere, and her Daughter Elizabeth The Second agreed :)

It gets confusing...so Queen Elizabeth The First was the person who built the Empire and solidified the Reformation. Queen Elizabeth (Dowerger), never rulled, but married a King and is more often known as "The Queen Mother" and her Daughter is Queen Elizabeth The Second.

Queen Elizabeth (Dowerger) died back in 2002 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtFioVh74lE

outside of Diana she was most definately the best loved Royal of the modern and post modern era, and lived to about 102 years old :happydancing:

cubsfan47
04-24-2009, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the information. I didn't realize the Queen mother had passed. She was classy.:cool:

Tyburn
04-24-2009, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the information. I didn't realize the Queen mother had passed. She was classy.:cool:
:sad: Yes...I'm so sorry. Elizabeth the Queen Mother died back in 2002. She is greatly missed by those who consider themselves Royalist. :unsure-1:

She had a beautiful Funeral though...I enclose for you the bit where the Garter makes the official proclaimation that she (and it gives her FULL Title...which...is extremely loooooong) has died.

"Thus it hath pleased Almighty GOD to call out of this transitory life....." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_rwBdVheMI :sad:

cubsfan47
04-25-2009, 01:31 PM
Thanks. Very beautiful.

Tyburn
04-25-2009, 03:18 PM
Thanks. Very beautiful.
you're welcome :)

que
04-26-2009, 02:08 AM
i do not care. if i lived in the UK then i might care, but even then... probably not. the only birthdays i celebrate are those of my family and friends

Tyburn
04-26-2009, 10:20 AM
i do not care. if i lived in the UK then i might care, but even then... probably not. the only birthdays i celebrate are those of my family and friends
Most people in the UK dont really care...I mean IF they celebrate the Queens Birthday, they Celebrate it on the Monarchy Birthday in late summer...not her actual biological Birthday.