PDA

View Full Version : Flipped the nose on the 55

Mac
04-20-2009, 02:41 AM
Ok , i know theres only a handful of guys here that will think this is cool , The rest of ya eat popcorn lol.

Just finished up my weekend project on the 55 . The old steel fenders were shot so last year i bought this fiberglass one piece front end . I spent all weekend bending , fitting and welding some 1 inch tubes to make a frame on the underside of the front end that braced up under the hood , along both fenders and behind the grille on both sides . No one had the kind of hinges i wanted to use so i went to rural king supply , picked up some gate latches , round stock and some 1/4 inch strap steel and built my own hinges , once the inner tube skeleton was done i fiberglassed it into the front end all squared up and nice, Then welded the hinges to the frame , bolted the inner structure to the 1/4 inch strap that was also welded to the hinges and WA-LA No more opening the hood and haveing to lean over fenders to work on the motor , now i can get to it from all sides and knocked about 150 pounds off the front .

Now i just gotta get the big block chevy wedged in there so i got something to work on underneath that front end. :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f186/uhmname/flipped2.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f186/uhmname/flipped1.jpg

MattHughesRocks
04-20-2009, 02:53 AM
Flipped the nose on the 55? Mac I thought you did something and got hurt:scared0011:

Where's my damn popcorn this crap is boring :angry:

J.B.
04-20-2009, 03:29 AM
Yeah, I thought you did something on I-55 and got flipped the...well nevermind... :laugh:

Cool pictures Mac, I am sure that will be a beauty when you are done with it :)

Josh
04-20-2009, 04:37 AM
Lookin good Mac. You feel like taking a road trip with her when you get her done i'll race you on my bike.:laugh:

Llamafighter
04-20-2009, 12:24 PM
That looks awesome Mac.
That's going ot be one badass machine when you're done!

Mac
04-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Thanks guys

Will be very similiar to this one when im finished.

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp219/fiftyfiveBomber/puo.jpg

Bonnie
04-20-2009, 03:35 PM
So it's going to be black?

Have you ever done a really pretty red on one of your cars/trucks? I love the "red" they've come out with on the trucks the last year or so. To me more a "true" red than that orangy-red color.

I like royal blue too. :)

Mac
04-20-2009, 03:38 PM
So it's going to be black?

Have you ever done a really pretty red on one of your cars/trucks? I love the "red" they've come out with on the trucks the last year or so. To me more a "true" red than that orangy-red color.

I like royal blue too. :)

Well the exterior will be black . The interior , im with ya on tho . It is going to be bright red everywhere . I havent had a chance to get any pictures but ive been working on interior and have the dash painted and am in the process of getting all the little trim pieces back on it . I put bright red vinyl headliner in 2 weeks ago and am saving up the money to buy the rest of my interior so i can install it and be ready for paint.

rearnakedchoke
04-20-2009, 03:42 PM
is that a toyota?

Blmfighter
04-20-2009, 04:44 PM
That is looking good. What size BBC are you going to use?

Deerstabber
04-20-2009, 05:44 PM
Hes puttin a blowin 396 in it! Should pull it down the road nicely!!!

Blmfighter
04-20-2009, 07:11 PM
That 396 will get it down the road just fine. I love BBC cars and trucks. i got a s10 that is getting a 454 in it. I have the motor done and this weekend i will make my motor mounts and cut the crossmember. I hope that in the next week or two i can have the motor in and get started on the headers.

Mac, I'm that car is going to look better then the one in the picture.

Tyburn
04-20-2009, 09:30 PM
can I have some popcorn please Mac :unsure-1:

Oddtodd76
04-21-2009, 12:28 AM
is that a toyota?

In shelbyville, they will shoot you if you own a toyota.
(they don't like stuff that runs good) :tongue0011:

internationalharvester
04-21-2009, 01:58 AM
In shelbyville, they will shoot you if you own a toyota.
(they don't like stuff that runs good) :tongue0011:

haha at least we dont get shot at just drivin thru town like up in decatur :tongue0011:

Oddtodd76
04-21-2009, 11:07 AM
haha at least we dont get shot at just drivin thru town like up in decatur :tongue0011:

HEY! That hasn't happened to me for at least three years now! LOL