PDA

View Full Version : GI Joe: Resolute

NateR
04-18-2009, 03:33 AM
The new GI Joe cartoon is premiering on Adult Swim's website today. You can watch the first two 5-minute episodes on their website now. It's definitely much darker and more violent than the 1980s GI Joe cartoon.:cool:

Episode 1:
http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=8a25059520b3d89e0120b49221340025

Episode 2:
http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=8a25059520b3d89e0120b49221340025

Episode 3 and 4 should be up on Monday.

According to their schedule, they are going to play all the episodes together on April 25th at midnight.

MattHughesRocks
04-18-2009, 03:42 AM
I thought it was going to be a movie, not a cartoon :angry:

Llamafighter
04-18-2009, 03:57 AM
Awesome! Thanks for posting Nate!

NateR
04-18-2009, 04:07 AM
I thought it was going to be a movie, not a cartoon :angry:

The cartoon is Hasbro's apology for the travesty that is the live-action movie. It's just that the live-action movie is going to suck soooooo bad, that Hasbro is issuing the apology a few months in advance. :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
04-18-2009, 04:12 AM
That's too bad. I can totally picture Matt Hughes as GI Joe the movie though :)

The cartoon is Hasbro's apology for the travesty that is the live-action movie. It's just that the live-action movie is going to suck soooooo bad, that Hasbro is issuing the apology a few months in advance. :laugh:

Llamafighter
04-18-2009, 04:14 AM

:ninja: FYI...I saw a sneak preview screening of Wolverine and I thought is was well done! not all the VFX were done so I look forward ot seeing it in the theatre, finished. A lot of the CGI was still unpainted.

NateR
04-22-2009, 04:03 AM
Okay, we're up to part 6 right now, I love this show!

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmahUDrswxY

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FS9-bYAsNU

Parts 3 & 4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seyh5h30zxA

Part 5:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUhsCgrGOsw

Part 6:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iliM8SuWio4

VCURamFan
04-22-2009, 04:46 AM
AWESOME!!!! I'm lovin' me some GI Joe Resolute!!!

NateR
04-22-2009, 05:00 AM
They're supposed to be posting 2 new 5-minute episodes each day on adultswim.com (they usually show up on Youtube within a few hours) and then they're going to play the entire thing on TV, as one long movie, this Saturday night at midnight.

http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/default.cfm?page=News/Item&newsid=AA5F5416-D56F-E112-4B332FB50BEBB148

Hasbro announced today that G.I. Joe: Resolute, an adult fan oriented animated mini-series, will be broadcast via Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim on television as well as online. Based on the classic G.I. JOE brand, Hasbro created 60 minutes of total content for this new story which will be presented as 11 episodes.

Beginning on April 17, fans will be able to see the first five minutes of the brand new, stand-alone animated mini-series on AdultSwim.com. These episodes are broken down to ten 5-minute episodes and one 10-minute finale. Following the first episode on April 17, subsequent installments will be posted on the Adult Swim website leading up to a full presentation of the entire series. This finale will be broadcast on Adult Swim April 25 at midnight. This televised event will not only feature all episodes seen online, but will be the first time fans can watch the final 10 minutes of the G.I. Joe: Resolute saga. All episodes, including the finale, will be available to view online after this airing.

Intended for the adult fan that grew up with the brand in the 80’s, G.I. Joe: Resolute received standing ovations at both the G.I. JOE Convention, “JoeCon,” and San Diego Comic-Con in 2008 where sample clips were previewed. Since then, fans have eagerly been awaiting the announcement of air-dates for the series.

“In a very exciting year for the G.I. JOE brand, we’re thrilled to be able to bring the G.I. Joe: Resolute animated series to the adult G.I. JOE fan,” said Michael Verrecchia, Director of G.I. JOE Entertainment Marketing. “Adult Swim is the perfect broadcast platform to deliver the series, which features a more sophisticated animation style and story than prior animation.”

Hasbro developed the animation with executive producer Sam Register as well as a powerhouse creative team at Titmouse Studios including Joaquim Dos Santos, a veteran animation director, who worked closely with award-winning comic writer Warren Ellis, who penned the entire series. This highly regarded team brings an edgy, intense feel to the series, which will feature the most popular characters in the G.I. JOE vs. COBRA canon. Iconic characters such Duke, Snake Eyes, Scarlett and Roadblock will do battle with Cobra Commander, Destro, Baroness and Storm Shadow.

Hughes_GOAT
04-22-2009, 07:48 PM
i was watching this ON Demand a few weeks back.

Llamafighter
04-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Awesome series! it's well done and I like that it's pretty dark.

Llamafighter
04-23-2009, 02:31 AM
I should have waited until they were all out to start now I've watched the first 87 and need MORE!!! BTW Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes fight was BADASS! Very Kill Bill...

Spiritwalker
04-23-2009, 03:20 AM
I hated the first two episodes... "typical anime" feel.. and the voices .. "ok".. Duke too young.... thinks like that.. but it's growing on me.

NateR
04-23-2009, 04:32 AM
BTW Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes fight was BADASS! Very Kill Bill...

That was pretty intense. When Snake Eyes caught that katana blade with his hand, I flinched more than Snake Eyes himself did. :laugh:

NateR
04-23-2009, 04:36 AM
I hated the first two episodes... "typical anime" feel.. and the voices .. "ok".. Duke too young.... thinks like that.. but it's growing on me.

Well, I was a fan of anime before it was popular :laugh: (remember the old Robotech cartoon from the 80s?), so I think the animation style is pretty cool. But I don't really see it as too anime influenced, at least not anywhere near the same level as Sigma 6.

I'm just happy to see some high-quality traditional animation on TV again.

Hughes_GOAT
04-23-2009, 05:14 AM
I should have waited until they were all out to start now I've watched the first 87 and need MORE!!! BTW Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes fight was BADASS! Very Kill Bill...
Storm Shadow owns all

NateR
04-23-2009, 05:32 AM
Storm Shadow owns all

Snakes-Eyes kills Stormshadow in part 8, I thought you had already seen this?

Or do you know something we don't know yet? :huh:

Hughes_GOAT
04-23-2009, 06:55 AM
Snakes-Eyes kills Stormshadow in part 8, I thought you had already seen this?

Or do you know something we don't know yet? :huh:
he still owns i don't care if he's dead for now

Llamafighter
04-23-2009, 12:05 PM
Storm Shadow owns all

..except the 7th step to the sun :laugh: :laugh:

I flinched more than Snake Eyes himself did

Me too! So I take it Grunt and Roadblock are vapor frm that explosion

Hughes_GOAT
04-23-2009, 02:41 PM
..except the 7th step to the sun :laugh: :laugh:

Me too!
Fedor owns that

Llamafighter
04-23-2009, 02:43 PM
Fedor owns that

He hit Arlovski with #5 and will hit Brock with #7!:laugh:

NateR
04-23-2009, 02:43 PM
Me too! So I take it Grunt and Roadblock are vapor frm that explosion

I didn't think it was their intention to just kill everybody off, at least I hope not. :laugh: So, I'm betting that Gung-Ho, Roadblock and Stalker survived that explosion somehow.

Hughes_GOAT
04-23-2009, 02:47 PM
I didn't think it was their intention to just kill everybody off, at least I hope not. :laugh: So, I'm betting that Gung-Ho, Roadblock and Stalker survived that explosion somehow.
if Storm Shadow dies, they all die

Llamafighter
04-23-2009, 02:47 PM

Did you see they even had a quick cameo from Zartan and Beachhead? Stalker is the guy with the poney tail and the goatee, right?
Think we'll see the Dreadnaughts?
I can't believe they killed off Bazooka right away, either.
I thought a lot of the scapes paid homage to the old series, but I love how serious it is. Duke is one grumpy mug in this thing, though:laugh:

Vizion
04-23-2009, 05:17 PM
I can't believe they killed off Bazooka right awayThey should have taken out Shipwreck, the most annoying joe ever in his stead..

Llamafighter
04-23-2009, 05:30 PM
They should have taken out Shipwreck, the most annoying joe ever in his stead..

Hahaha and Sgt Slaughter!!

Hughes_GOAT
04-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Hahaha and Sgt Slaughter!!
Sgt. Slaughter is number #2 to Storm Shadow.

Llamafighter
04-23-2009, 07:38 PM
Sgt. Slaughter is number #2 to Storm Shadow.
Who's #3 The Fridge's character who's weapon was the steel football on the chain? :laugh: :laugh:

VCURamFan
04-23-2009, 08:11 PM
The Scarlett/Duke story's a bit contrived, but at least they're trying.

Llamafighter
04-23-2009, 10:38 PM
The Scarlett/Duke story's a bit contrived, but at least they're trying.

That's what I thought too. She's Snake Eyes' girl!

Hughes_GOAT
04-24-2009, 01:14 AM
Who's #3 The Fridge's character who's weapon was the steel football on the chain? :laugh: :laugh:
Serpentor

NateR
04-24-2009, 01:58 AM
That's what I thought too. She's Snake Eyes' girl!

In the original cartoon, Scarlet and Duke were the love interest (along with Flint and Lady Jaye). So, that's what I'm used to since I never read a single GI Joe comic until last year. The idea of her being with Snake-Eyes actually seems a little weird to me.

Spiritwalker
04-24-2009, 02:30 AM
Well, I was a fan of anime before it was popular :laugh: (remember the old Robotech cartoon from the 80s?), so I think the animation style is pretty cool. But I don't really see it as too anime influenced, at least not anywhere near the same level as Sigma 6.

I'm just happy to see some high-quality traditional animation on TV again.

My first REAL taste of anime was Fist of the Northstar.. Vampire Hunter D and later Ranma 1/2... GREAT stuff...

Resolute reminds me a lot of it with the bold lines and the way the hair is done...

It's growing on me.. and the story is really nice.. I was a fan of the original Joe when I was a kid.. the full beard and the kung fu grip..

the Joe cartoons of the 80s were great.. and this does have the potential to surpass....

NateR
04-24-2009, 04:16 PM
My first REAL taste of anime was Fist of the Northstar.. Vampire Hunter D and later Ranma 1/2... GREAT stuff...

Resolute reminds me a lot of it with the bold lines and the way the hair is done...

It's growing on me.. and the story is really nice.. I was a fan of the original Joe when I was a kid.. the full beard and the kung fu grip..

the Joe cartoons of the 80s were great.. and this does have the potential to surpass....

Robotech was my first introduction to anime or "Japanimation" as we originally called it.

Actually, that's probably not accurate, the 1982 film, The Last Unicorn, was actually the first anime film that I watched. I just wasn't aware that it was anime. There was definitely a noticeable stylistic difference compared to the Disney and Hanna-Barbera cartoons that I was used to watching; but my 4th grade mind couldn't really pin down what that difference was.

Of course, there was also Voltron and Speed Racer, but I never really watched those too much.

Did you ever watch Tenchi Muyo? The original Japanese version, not the crappy American version.

NateR
04-24-2009, 04:25 PM
For anyone who hasn't watched Robotech: The Macross Saga, I highly recommend it. It has an amazingly sophisticated story considering it was marketed in America as a kid's cartoon in the 1980s.

Here's a pretty decent summary of the first part of the story:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKyT-g05V-Y

Spiritwalker
04-24-2009, 05:26 PM
Did you ever watch Tenchi Muyo? The original Japanese version, not the crappy American version.

Robotech STILL RULES!!!!!!

Kajishima is a genius!!!!

"TEEEEENNNNCHI!!!!!!!"

Accuse me of sucking up.. or not giving you enough credit Nate.. but damn you surprise me..

Takahashi is still my all time favorite.. Ranma always has me in stitches.. and of course the OAV versions with subtitles.. gotta have the subs...

Dragon Half was really good as well.

"Urusei Yatsura" AKA " Those Obnoxious Aliens..

I love the serious and the gore and all that.. never cared about the hentia anima.. but for some reason the japanese comedy anime can break me in two...

Anyone here a fan of Ranma 1/2?

Vizion
04-28-2009, 03:05 AM
In the original cartoon, Scarlet and Duke were the love interest (along with Flint and Lady Jaye). So, that's what I'm used to since I never read a single GI Joe comic until last year. The idea of her being with Snake-Eyes actually seems a little weird to me.RIGHT. lame idea...Snake Eyes is supposed to be stealthy, mysterious...why make him seem "human"? There's no point to it..

ufcfan2
04-28-2009, 03:28 AM
:ninja: FYI...I saw a sneak preview screening of Wolverine and I thought is was well done! not all the VFX were done so I look forward ot seeing it in the theatre, finished. A lot of the CGI was still unpainted.
So, you watched the leaked version of Wolverine :Whistle: I seen that version as well and though I thought it was'nt great I'll still go see the finished version...
I will have to agree with Nate on the whole G.I. Joe thing of the live action gonna be bad. I'll still probably go see it as I'm a sucker for these types of movies.
*if ya guys get a chance watch the Wrestler actually a decent little movie.

Hughes_GOAT
04-28-2009, 04:52 AM
For anyone who hasn't watched Robotech: The Macross Saga, I highly recommend it. It has an amazingly sophisticated story considering it was marketed in America as a kid's cartoon in the 1980s.

Here's a pretty decent summary of the first part of the story:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKyT-g05V-Y
have it and the game

Llamafighter
04-28-2009, 12:51 PM
Fist of the North Star, The Bubblegum Chronicles and Akira were my first introductions. I played a lot of role play in early high school and my buddies father-in-law created his own Mechanized, futuristic game.

I think Scarlette ended up choosing Duke in the comic.

ufcfan2
04-28-2009, 02:44 PM
I could'nt really get into the whole japanese animation thing at all just something I wasn't into. I tried watching Akira or whatever it was I just could'nt watch it.
Now stuff like Voltron,Transformers,He-Man and Speed Racer I really enjoyed and think Ive see a few episodes of Robotech.
I loved the G.I.Joe toys when I was a kid I think I had just about every vehicle they put out and had alot of the main characters. As much as I loved the toys I could never really enjoy the cartoon series.

Llamafighter
04-28-2009, 02:57 PM
man, I used ot get up early every day to watch G.I. Joe before school. Then they moved it to 4.PM and I would stress the whole way home on the schoolbus that I would miss even 1 second of it. LOL:laugh:

Vizion
04-30-2009, 02:49 AM
I believe Warren Ellis wrote these episodes or so was involved to an extent. Lik all his other work I've read this series seems to start strong, original, shocking/dark and then begin to flounder...and then the cliches..

Zartan, leader of the dreadnoks shot in the back by Scarlet *just in the nick of time before he finishes off Duke* CLICHE=LAME.

Cobra Commanders wanting to "take over the nations" - wtf!? Who in the world would want that much power and why...it just doesn't add up. I've read a few Warren Ellis comics and they all seem to fall flat by the end.