PDA

View Full Version : Mayhem Miller apologizes for Bully Beatdown

atomdanger
04-17-2009, 09:29 PM
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/?go=forum.posts&thread=1446796&forum=1&page=1&pc=114

I have a confession to make.

Bully Beatdown is completely fake. Everyone on it is actors. Everyone involved with the show knows that it is fake and we script pretty much everything that comes out of their mouth. I have not yet got an executive producer credit, or a writer's credit- but I write the bully's dialouge myself. I will be E.P. on season two. That's right, our scripted fake show is suppossedly doing so well done that we will be getting a season two. Makes my stomach hurt that I'm selling this slop. I'm sorry.

The fights are the most complicated portion of the show. The real trick is, hiring stuntmen that are so skilled that they can make it look like we are putting them in 16 oz gloves, headgear and convincingly get beat up by mixed martial artists. We looked high and low, but we found them, and made the show really convincing. Unfortunately, the people on the internet are much too bright to be fooled by this trickery, and have exposed us. This doesn't really affect us too much, because no one cares what a few back alley websites say about our hit MTV show, but I couldn't bear to read the forum with all this shame that I'm carrying around. I'm actually considering turning down the contract to host the next season because of the ridicule that I'm recieving on this board and others.

Again. I'm sorry interwebz. I apologize, sincerely.

Haha nice, at least he is honest.
But.... I wonder if MTV is going to be mad that he is admitting its fake?
or is it all a prank? Who knows... it seemed very fake.

haha on the underground forum somebody posted this as a reply
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh227/MMAFAN77/rkellywtfio8.gif

Crisco
04-17-2009, 09:34 PM
Make that money mayham

atomdanger
04-17-2009, 09:34 PM
Make that money mayham

Definitely.

I would host a show on MTV in a heartbeat.
Gotta pay those bills.

J.B.
04-17-2009, 09:45 PM
How lame.

If he actually feels like he needs to apologize for his actions then the only person he ripped off was himself. Seriously, if you know a show is fake, and you feel guilty about making a fake show, then simply DON'T do it. It's stupid to apologize when you did not really do anything wrong. It makes you seem like you DID do something wrong and you KNEW it.

News flash Mayhem - nobody cares or is surprised that a show on MTV is fake.:rolleyes:

Crisco
04-17-2009, 10:01 PM
He should just make next season real

Jason 16
04-17-2009, 10:05 PM
cant be that hard

Llamafighter
04-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Am I the only one that read that as being 100% sarcastic??
I think some of it is scripted (like the challenges) but I think the beatdowns are real.

Crisco
04-17-2009, 10:30 PM
I think some of it is scripted (like the challenges) but I think the beatdowns are real.

No Mayhem already had to come out and mention it was screwed up because of an AD they put out in cali

"Looking for tough guys who look like tough guys to be on a tv show about bullies yada yada"

They where looking for actor type dudes.

Neezar
04-17-2009, 10:49 PM

I could barely see for the sarcasism.

Gotta love Mayhem. :laugh:

Neezar
04-17-2009, 10:51 PM
How lame.

If he actually feels like he needs to apologize for his actions then the only person he ripped off was himself. Seriously, if you know a show is fake, and you feel guilty about making a fake show, then simply DON'T do it. It's stupid to apologize when you did not really do anything wrong. It makes you seem like you DID do something wrong and you KNEW it.

News flash Mayhem - nobody cares or is surprised that a show on MTV is fake.:rolleyes:

JB, think Mayhem and then read it again. I would bet my paycheck that he feel ZERO guilt. He is going over the top, typical Mayhem style.

Llamafighter
04-17-2009, 10:57 PM
JB, think Mayhem and then read it again. I would bet my paycheck that he feel ZERO guilt. He is going over the top, typical Mayhem style.

100% Agree:)

J.B.
04-24-2009, 12:26 AM

You are right, my bad, When I posted that I had just quickly read what he said and the sarcasm was lost on me. He is clearly being sarcastic, which makes sense because he didn't have anything to apologize for anyway :laugh:

rearnakedchoke
04-24-2009, 12:30 AM
mayhem is a tool ... i guess his BSing skills are better than his fight skills ...

TexasRN
04-24-2009, 01:25 AM

That was exactly my thought! He's a sarcastic dude and I think he is poking fun at the internet folks.

~Amy

County Mike
04-24-2009, 02:03 AM
Sounded like sarcasm to me. I think the show is at least half real.

Tyburn
04-26-2009, 10:23 PM
How lame.

Thats Mayhem for you.

He's funny...I can only handle him in small doses myself...but I thought his show was great....crap...but great crap all the same :happydancing:

Psykojojo
05-05-2009, 06:32 PM
I like the show, fake or not, they get sub'd and punched in the head, thats good enough for me

VCURamFan
05-05-2009, 07:08 PM
I like the show, fake or not, they get sub'd and punched in the head, thats good enough for meAgreed. So far my favorite episode (haven't seen this past Sunday's yet) has been Christian vs. Connor "Hurricane" Huen. Connor was flying through those subs & launched a couple of nice flying kicks as well.

Plus, Christian puked in the cage out the end & sounded like he was tearing up in his post-fight interviews!:laugh:

Llamafighter
05-05-2009, 07:42 PM
So I jsut noticed on the site for Bully Beatdown that none other than Jeremy "Gumby" Horn is on the cast list as one of their MMA fighters. I feel so bad for the bully that gets him.

VCURamFan
05-05-2009, 07:47 PM
So I jsut noticed on the site for Bully Beatdown that none other than Jeremy "Gumby" Horn is on the cast list as one of their MMA fighters. I feel so bad for the bully that gets him.AWESOME!!!!!

Psykojojo
05-05-2009, 08:09 PM
thats my favorite episode then, Horn is one of my fav fighters of all time. Next we need Sakuraba to kimura some of these punks and Igor kick some legs off....and Kawajiri......then Tyson Griffin......and in the finale, Nick Diaz because he ain't no B*tch