PDA

View Full Version : Bully Beatdown completely fake

atomdanger
04-16-2009, 10:38 PM
http://www.mmatko.com/bully-beatdown-using-pro-stuntmen-to-act-part-of-bully/

Hmmmm

Doesn't seem like a very reputable source, what do you think?

J.B.
04-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Did you still think "reality" TV was real? :huh:

atomdanger
04-17-2009, 12:05 AM
Did you still think "reality" TV was real? :huh:

haha no, not at all.
But completely hiring paid actors is going pretty far.

J.B.
04-17-2009, 01:23 AM
Ever heard of "Operation Repo" on A&E? That is completely acted out.

Most "reality" shows are 100% bogus, and especially the ones on MTV. I have seen one episode of Bully Beatdown and I knew it was obviously staged. Hearing that the "bullies" are actually paid actors is not a surprise at all. Even the reality shows that are not hiring actual actors are still being rigged by production crews. Just look at TUF.

What is the difference?

atomdanger
04-17-2009, 02:03 AM
Ever heard of "Operation Repo" on A&E? That is completely acted out.

Most "reality" shows are 100% bogus, and especially the ones on MTV. I have seen one episode of Bully Beatdown and I knew it was obviously staged. Hearing that the "bullies" are actually paid actors is not a surprise at all. Even the reality shows that are not hiring actual actors are still being rigged by production crews. Just look at TUF.

What is the difference?

Well, editing things a certain way, and taking things out of context is one thing,
but hiring actors and not putting "Dramatization" at the bottom, i thought was illegal.

Really? I've caught an episode or two of Operation Repo, how did you know it was fake?

J.B.
04-17-2009, 04:07 AM
Well, editing things a certain way, and taking things out of context is one thing,
but hiring actors and not putting "Dramatization" at the bottom, i thought was illegal.

Really? I've caught an episode or two of Operation Repo, how did you know it was fake?

Illegal? C'mon bro...:laugh:

Really, this is television. There is no legalities when it comes to creative intellectual properties in this day and age. They are under no obligation to inform the viewers of the legitimacy of their production. It's all about entertainment.

As for Operation Repo, just simply watch the show to realize it's fake. If that is not enough, do a google search on the show and you will find out pretty quick. The odor of illegality that those obese and irritating character actors radiate is similar to that of "dog crap and dead skunk". :)

MattHughesRocks
04-17-2009, 04:48 AM
The show is too stupid to even care if it's real or not.Of course I've only seen it once but isnt it pretty much the same thing each episode?

NateR
04-17-2009, 07:47 AM

Really, this is television. There is no legalities when it comes to creative intellectual properties in this day and age. They are under no obligation to inform the viewers of the legitimacy of their production. It's all about entertainment.

Yeah, when you watch the Countdown Specials or All Access shows being filmed, then see what actually shows up on screen, it's almost unrecognizable.

When watching a show like TUF, you're seeing maybe 10% of what actually happened and 90% editors' license. The editors determine what story they want to tell ahead of time and then cut the footage to match their story. What actually happened might serve as an initial inspiration, but is barely relevant to the final product.

atomdanger
04-17-2009, 09:29 AM

As for Operation Repo, just simply watch the show to realize it's fake. If that is not enough, do a google search on the show and you will find out pretty quick. The odor of illegality that those obese and irritating character actors radiate is similar to that of "dog crap and dead skunk". :)

That sucks.
Even the WWE has the decency to call themselves "sports entertainment"

rockdawg21
06-03-2011, 07:03 PM
http://www.mmatko.com/bully-beatdown...part-of-bully/

Hmmmm

Doesn't seem like a very reputable source, what do you think?

Now this is hilarious! I found the same post you listed and you can even find that guy who plays the part of an older brother on Facebook. His profile is listed as an actor/producer:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ryan-Adam-Kessman/123122931100046

Here's his MySpace fan page: http://www.myspace.com/ryanadamkessman

Here's his YouTube page that shows all of his acting gigs: http://www.youtube.com/user/7kessseven

surveyorshawn
06-03-2011, 07:13 PM

At the beginning of Operation Repo, words appear on the screen that say it is a reinactment or dramatization of actual events.

bj44
06-05-2011, 02:34 PM
yeah the fights are real but the acting and "bully storylines are obviously fake!

Llamafighter
06-05-2011, 03:10 PM
I know a lot of the call in radio shows use hired actors. I have a friend that has played a caller on some Man Cow radio show in the midwest.

Operation Repo is really bad, and just the way the people they repo behave is enough to tell anyone that.

Llamafighter
06-05-2011, 03:11 PM
At the beginning of Operation Repo, words appear on the screen that say it is a reinactment or dramatization of actual events.
Good eye, Shawn! At least they have the decency to put that, i guess.
:laugh:

KENTUCKYREDBONE
06-06-2011, 12:41 AM
I figured most of the so called bully issue's were just some buddies looking to make some cash and get on TV!

surveyorshawn
06-06-2011, 02:12 AM
Good eye, Shawn! At least they have the decency to put that, i guess.
:laugh:

I wish they had the decency to put that it was a really bad reinactment, lol:laugh:

Seriously, I have seen some of the people who's vehicles are getting "repoed" on other shows before, such as "Scare Tactics", etc. I only watch Operation Repo on accident or if it is on in the background while I am doing something else and am too lazy to look for the remote...lol

flo
06-06-2011, 06:11 AM
I knew parts were fake but I still like it! :happydancing:

Everybody likes the concept of a "bully beatdown", eh?

philips4
06-06-2011, 06:14 AM
I knew parts were fake but I still like it! :happydancing:

Everybody likes the concept of a "bully beatdown", eh?

I liked it too! We all like to see a bully get what they deserve, I guess even if its fake?:unsure-1:

Bonnie
06-06-2011, 06:31 AM
Bully Beatdown and Operation Repo? :scared0011:

<que Eeyore's voice> I guess there's no point in watching anymore. :wink:

flo
06-06-2011, 07:22 AM
I liked it too! We all like to see a bully get what they deserve, I guess even if its fake?:unsure-1:

Absolutely! That must be why the Casey bully slam went viral. :laugh:

Bully Beatdown and Operation Repo? :scared0011:

<que Eeyore's voice> I guess there's no point in watching anymore. :wink:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

County Mike
06-06-2011, 01:11 PM
Bring us your bullies,
and we'll beat them up.