PDA

View Full Version : Its happening Please pray

warriorlion
01-27-2009, 07:41 AM
As some of your guys will know my wife and I are expecting our first child, well labour started this morning and right now contractions are about 4 mins apart so this baby is coming today!!!!

Please pray for safe delivery and that Mom and baby will be ok through childbirth

Thanks guys

God Bless

ERStettin
01-27-2009, 08:00 AM
Good luck to both of you.

Until you are used to it, child birth is one of the worst things a guy could watch.

Eve should have left that apple alone!

VCURamFan
01-27-2009, 08:21 AM
That's awesome, man, congrats!!!!

Primadawn
01-27-2009, 01:48 PM
Praying for all of you!

Llamafighter
01-27-2009, 02:07 PM
Sending prayers to you all!!

rearnakedchoke
01-27-2009, 02:11 PM
praying for you man .. now quick, boil the water and circle the wagons ...

Neezar
01-27-2009, 03:05 PM
praying for you man .. now quick, boil the water and circle the wagons ...

:laugh:

Neezar
01-27-2009, 03:07 PM
As some of your guys will know my wife and I are expecting our first child, well labour started this morning and right now contractions are about 4 mins apart so this baby is coming today!!!!

Please pray for safe delivery and that Mom and baby will be ok through childbirth

Thanks guys

:scared0011: What are you doing here?!

Let us know as soon as you can! How exciting. :frantics:

CAVEMAN
01-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Blessings bro! I'll be praying for you!

Twinsmama
01-27-2009, 04:08 PM
You better get off the dang computer and get her to the hospital unless you want to deliver your first one by yourself. Let us know when you are officially a daddy!

warriorlion
01-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Well went to the hospital and they sent us home. 3 hours later at the mother in laws house in the spare room it happened.

Keziah Rose weighing in at 6 pounds 4 ounches joined the family, a bit rushed, but mom and baby well and happy.

Thank you for your prayers

VCURamFan
01-27-2009, 11:12 PM
Well went to the hospital and they sent us home. 3 hours later at the mother in laws house in the spare room it happened.

Keziah Rose weighing in at 6 pounds 4 ounches joined the family, a bit rushed, but mom and baby well and happy.

Thank you for your prayersYay!!!!!!!

rearnakedchoke
01-27-2009, 11:13 PM

what the hell?? they sent you home?? whatever though, congrats man .. as long as everyone is okay, that is all that matters ... I will be praying for all of you ....

chum567
01-28-2009, 12:14 AM
congrats...cant believe they sent u home...anyways congrats with everything

Neezar
01-28-2009, 03:16 AM

:scared0011: Sent you home?! What the ......

But I am glad everything worked out. Congratulations, Dad. :)

And Keziah Rose is a beautiful name.

Chris F
01-28-2009, 03:32 AM
congratulations.!!!!

Josh
01-28-2009, 04:08 AM
Congradulations. I am really happy for you. Cute name too.

ERStettin
01-28-2009, 06:29 AM
They sent you home and your wife had the baby at your mother in laws house? Why? Just curious is all. I am happy it worked out for your family.

Bonnie
01-28-2009, 07:11 AM
Keziah Rose--beautiful! Any special meaning?

Congratulations to both mommy and daddy! :)

Llamafighter
01-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Congrats to you and your wife on this amazing blessing!

Twinsmama
01-28-2009, 03:47 PM
Oh my gosh !!! I can't believe you actually did have to deliver your first one....and your wife didn't get drugs!! She must be a super strong woman. I'm so happy for both of you. Your daughter sure likes to make a grand entrance!

County Mike
01-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Good work stud! Congrats.

warriorlion
01-28-2009, 07:27 PM
Keziah Rose--beautiful! Any special meaning?

Congratulations to both mommy and daddy! :)

Keziah means cinimon. however it is hebrew in origin, Job when he was blessed at the end of his trials, had 3 daughters Keziah was the middle daughter and Job 42 says that there were no woman more beautiful than Jobs daughters and that Job gave them an inheritance along with their 7 brothers.

We really liked the name, although it was not top of our list before, but we agreed that she was a Keziah from the minute she was born

warriorlion
01-28-2009, 07:30 PM
As for the sending us home thing. Not sure what they call active labour in the States, but they dont class it as labour until you are a min of 3cm dialated. So they said that the wife was in the initial stages and that they wouldnt do anything for her at that early stage.

Not happy about that since the baby could have had all sorts of complications - prasie God that she came safe, with no complications in the circumstances. No stitches for my wife, and all done naturally on Gas and Air only, no drugs.

A whole new respect for my wife let me tell you!!!!

She is not a lady to mess with.

CAVEMAN
01-28-2009, 08:05 PM
Congrats bro! :)

Jeval
01-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Congrats:) :) :) :)

Tyburn
01-28-2009, 09:46 PM
:applause: You have your baby at last! I'm so pleased for you :w00t:

TexasRN
01-29-2009, 01:14 AM
I send people home all the time even if they are contracting. When I work triage, I keep a pt for an hour. If she hasn't changed her cervix in that hour, she goes home. If baby looks great on the monitor, I may have her walk for that hour to help try to get the contractions stronger and more frequent and have baby's head rub on mom's cervix. If no change in an hour, it's not considered labor and she goes home. It is rather common for women to have contractions and have it not be labor at all. If I admit those women, then we end up having to start pitocin on them and it is considered an induction. Unnecessary inductions are the cause of way too many cesarean sections in this country and that leads to more babies in NICU cuz they were forced to be born.

The contractions either go away in a few hours (usually mom is dehydrated and just needs to drink a bunch of water) or they'll get stronger and the woman will come back and be admitted after her cervix has changed. And it isn't the nurse's call....we have to call the doc and the doc says "Send her home with instructions".

~Amy

TexasRN
01-29-2009, 01:15 AM
And I meant to say a big congrats to you and your wife on the healthy baby. That's wonderful news! She'll have an exciting birth story now.

~Amy

Jonlion
01-29-2009, 08:48 PM
Congratulations mate!