PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo Ideas

rockdawg21
04-16-2009, 08:51 PM
My wife wants to get a tattoo and isn't sure what to get. I wasn't sure either and just yesterday in the gym, it kinda hit me. I've always thought about getting a 4-leaf clover or possibly a cross. Then I thought about maybe a 4-leaf clover combined with a cross, or maybe the ends of the cross tipped with 4-leaf clovers.

All of a sudden, this idea popped into my head. My favorite Bible Verse :)

Kinda like getting barb-wire around the arm, but having the verse around each arm.

"I will fear no evil" - right or left arm
"For you are with me" - opposite arm

What do you guys think? Think it'd be cool to have those written around each arm?

Miss Foxy
04-16-2009, 08:53 PM
My wife wants to get a tattoo and isn't sure what to get. I wasn't sure either and just yesterday in the gym, it kinda hit me. I've always thought about getting a 4-leaf clover or possibly a cross. Then I thought about maybe a 4-leaf clover combined with a cross, or maybe the ends of the cross tipped with 4-leaf clovers.

Kinda like getting barb-wire around the arm, but having the verse around each arm.

What do you guys think? Think it'd be cool to have those written around each arm?
The verse sounds good, however barb wire is very 90's....The clover idea is pretty cool. I have a 3 leaf clover on my foot..

rockdawg21
04-16-2009, 08:54 PM
The verse sounds good, however barb wire is very 90's....The clover idea is pretty cool. I have a 3 leaf clover on my foot..
Thanks! Well, I don't want barb wire or tribal, that stuff is just dumb IMO and EVERYBODY has it. Just thought in the same way that barb wire goes completely around the arm, I could have the verses doing the same :)

The 4 leaf clover symbolizes my Irish heritage, so it has a meaning. But, so does the cross and the verses. If it's going to be permanent, IMO, it better have a real meaning, lol

mikthehick
04-16-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm tossing the idea of getting a really small REVELATION TWELVE TWELVE in a cross on my shoulder. Just tell her to avoid anything that will get droopy later in life, upper legs, biceps, tummy.....i figured the shoulder was a good place b/c people would only know if I showed them, or wore a tank top.

Crisco
04-16-2009, 08:57 PM

With a taco next to it? :tongue0011: :tongue0011:

Miss Foxy
04-16-2009, 09:02 PM
With a taco next to it? :tongue0011: :tongue0011:
Dumb!! Lol!! Believe me I thought my mother was gonna disown me!! She was like why on earth would you put that crap on you for?!! Blah, blah, blah... Actually I used to like the Celtics as a kid go freakin figure...:laugh:

rockdawg21
04-16-2009, 09:08 PM
To heck with tacos, nothing better than a fried burrito. I love Texas, I can always get those at 2 for $1 at almost any gas station south of San Antonio, lol

Miss Foxy
04-16-2009, 09:09 PM
To heck with tacos, nothing better than a fried burrito. I love Texas, I can always get those at 2 for $1 at almost any gas station south of San Antonio, lol
A chimichanga... *the voice of Summer Wheatley*

matthughesfan21
04-16-2009, 09:17 PM
tell her to get a tramp stamp haha

Crisco
04-16-2009, 09:21 PM
tell her to get a tramp stamp haha

Yes.

If your wife is hot she needs a stamp

rockdawg21
04-16-2009, 09:23 PM
LOL, I think that's what she wants! I'm indifferent on those.

And Crisco, yeah, she's hot if you like 5 foot tall tanned Asian girls :wink:

Crisco
04-16-2009, 09:24 PM
LOL, I think that's what she wants! I'm indifferent on those.

And Crisco, yeah, she's hot if you like 5 foot tall tanned Asian girls ;)

Your a lucky man

rockdawg21
04-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Your a lucky man
Agreed :)

Miss Foxy
04-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Agreed :)
You cochinos!! Tell her to get a stamp nothing wrong with it. Its close minded people who judge off that. To each his own..She sounds worthy of one!!

rockdawg21
04-16-2009, 09:33 PM
I am not a pig, I'm a man, I'm 40! Or, something like that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkKch-CAlgM

I really don't care, it's up to her. I just her to be 100% sure about it :)

Crisco
04-16-2009, 09:34 PM
I woulda got with the asians but they are all racist by me.

Don't like the round eye.

atomdanger
04-16-2009, 09:36 PM

Being somebody who does tattoos, and my brother is a professional tattoo artist,
I wouldn't get words around your biceps, a risk of it ending up looking funny.

But I genuinely like the tattoo idea,
I saw a kid with a tattoo once that on his heart said "god is always in my heart"
and on his back it said "because he always has my back"

I think you should do it somewhere else, like maybe the inside of your arms,
so when you flex it says that?

rockdawg21
04-16-2009, 09:38 PM
Being somebody who does tattoos, and my brother is a professional tattoo artist,
I wouldn't get words around your biceps, a risk of it ending up looking funny.

But I genuinely like the tattoo idea,
I saw a kid with a tattoo once that on his heart said "god is always in my heart"
and on his back it said "because he always has my back"

I think you should do it somewhere else, like maybe the inside of your arms,
so when you flex it says that?
I was kinda wondering about that since my arms will probably gain another inch or 2 in the next year. I'm a weightlifter so I thought if I were really going to do that, I should probably wait until I reach my goal, probably another 10-20 pounds. I just kinda fear it stretching.

Primadawn
04-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Yes, make sure your wife gets something that she knows she'll love forever. I got one 5 years ago and now I'm having it covered by something else. I did a lot more research and gave it a lot more thought this time. I'll post pics when it's done.

atomdanger
04-16-2009, 09:45 PM
http://www.inkdropta2.com/37_Jason%27s%20Bicept%20Tattoo.jpg

Like there, on either side.
That would be pretty cool.

atomdanger
04-16-2009, 09:46 PM
I was kinda wondering about that since my arms will probably gain another inch or 2 in the next year. I'm a weightlifter so I thought if I were really going to do that, I should probably wait until I reach my goal, probably another 10-20 pounds. I just kinda fear it stretching.

Yes definitely, stretching is a problem.

I've seen sooo many "tramp stamps" that go bad when a girl gets pregnant

rockdawg21
04-16-2009, 09:50 PM

Hmmm....never really thought about that. She's tiny so I'm sure it'll stretch when she has kids. I'll mention that to her. Thanks for the tip!

Not sure about getting it just on the inside of the arms. I thought it'd be a cool effect to have it wrap around the arm. Perhaps I'll want to wait until I reach my physical goal before I do something like that.

Miss Foxy
04-16-2009, 09:52 PM

Really I have been pregnant a few times and never had a problem. I grew from the belly..

atomdanger
04-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Hmmm....never really thought about that. She's tiny so I'm sure it'll stretch when she has kids. I'll mention that to her. Thanks for the tip!

Not sure about getting it just on the inside of the arms. I thought it'd be a cool effect to have it wrap around the arm. Perhaps I'll want to wait until I reach my physical goal before I do something like that.

Good idea.

I always think the shins and calfs look really cool tattooed as well.

atomdanger
04-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Really I have been pregnant a few times and never had a problem. I grew from the belly..

Yeah, like everything else, people are all different.
Just depends on the person.

rockdawg21
04-16-2009, 11:18 PM
I haven't any idea about your height or build, but the only thing is my wife is about 5 foot tall and 100 pounds. I'd imagine she'd get some stretch in the hips and lower back if she got pregnant. I don't really know though, never been around any pregnant women, lol

rockdawg21
04-16-2009, 11:20 PM
Good idea.

I always think the shins and calfs look really cool tattooed as well.
Never really liked that personally, I like the look of a diamond-shaped calf whether it's a girl or guy (no homo). Kinda ruins a good physique IMO if they put it anywhere on the legs.

Miss Foxy
04-16-2009, 11:21 PM
I haven't any idea about your height or build, but the only thing is my wife is about 5 foot tall and 100 pounds. I'd imagine she'd get some stretch in the hips and lower back if she got pregnant. I don't really know though, never been around any pregnant women, lol I think each pregnancy is different and I didnt get stretch marks anywhere on my back or hips at all. I got a few on my lower abdomen. I am not a fat girl and I am definitely not 100lbs. Put it this way every pregnancy is different with my daughter I gained 48lbs and my son only 11lbs. :laugh:

atomdanger
04-16-2009, 11:22 PM
Never really liked that personally, I like the look of a diamond-shaped calf whether it's a girl or guy (no homo). Kinda ruins a good physique IMO if they put it anywhere on the legs.

LMAO

that made me spit out water

rockdawg21
04-17-2009, 12:36 AM
I think each pregnancy is different and I didnt get stretch marks anywhere on my back or hips at all. I got a few on my lower abdomen. I am not a fat girl and I am definitely not 100lbs. Put it this way every pregnancy is different with my daughter I gained 48lbs and my son only 11lbs. :laugh:
Talk about variance! :scared0015:

rockdawg21
04-17-2009, 12:37 AM
LMAO

that made me spit out water
I hope you have to buy a new keyboard :laugh:

lyndsey823
04-17-2009, 03:10 AM

ah, i have to agree with most people here, getting it around the arm is kinda dated. unless you can come up with something to make it stand out, people will just assume you have another tribal band or barb wire. personally, i don't think anything looks good on the upper arm unless it's quarter sleeved, or you have it done on the inside, but that is just my opinion.

you seem pretty sold on the idea of having it around your arm though, everything that i thought of has already been mentioned and you weren't feeling them. at the end of the day, it's your body and you have to live with it all your life. trust me, i've worked in a tattoo shop way too long and have seen too many people come in getting things covered, myself included!!

i don't know about your wife though, would she ever do the top of her foot? or, i have one on my upper thigh that no matter if i gain weight or lose it, it never changes. plus, if she doesn't want lots of people to see it, it never shows unless i am in a bathing suit.

rockdawg21
04-17-2009, 03:34 AM
Thanks for the info lyndsey. The only other thing I would really consider is my upper back, but it's still growing as I'm lifting weights so it would stretch as well. Plus, I get bacne so I'm not fond of the idea of getting inked on my pimples, lol. Sorry for the graphic, just had to throw it out there :D

lyndsey823
04-17-2009, 04:05 AM
Thanks for the info lyndsey. The only other thing I would really consider is my upper back, but it's still growing as I'm lifting weights so it would stretch as well. Plus, I get bacne so I'm not fond of the idea of getting inked on my pimples, lol. Sorry for the graphic, just had to throw it out there :D

oh trust me, i've seen my fair share of bacne!! i get the lucky job of cleaning the tattoo after the guys are done. i've seen the worst of the worst.

newpowersoul
04-21-2009, 03:09 PM
I got mine going across my back reaching out to my shoulders....its siamese crows with an intertwining banner that reads "wiser for the time". I say get it where you want it but just dont jump to a decision, there are a lot of bad tattoos out there, don't be the next one.
I have a friend who is constantly getting joked because this guy is from boston and lives in boston but got the outline of the state of North Carolina tattoo on his arm underneath his pabst blue ribbon tattoo. Bad college decisions indeed.

County Mike
04-21-2009, 06:14 PM
Yes, make sure your wife gets something that she knows she'll love forever. I got one 5 years ago and now I'm having it covered by something else. I did a lot more research and gave it a lot more thought this time. I'll post pics when it's done.

I really like the one you have on your butt.

Primadawn
04-21-2009, 08:26 PM
I really like the one you have on your butt.

I don't have one on my butt Mike--those were probably handprints...:laugh:

VCURamFan
04-21-2009, 08:59 PM
I don't have one on my butt Mike--those were probably handprints...:laugh:Yeah, sorry about that...:Whistle:

Crisco
04-21-2009, 09:36 PM
I don't have one on my butt Mike--those were probably handprints...:laugh:

Wow.

County Mike
04-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Yeah, sorry about that...:Whistle:

You beat me to it.

VCURamFan
04-22-2009, 02:52 PM
You beat me to it.Won't be the last time.

County Mike
04-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Won't be the last time.

haha - that's because I don't get on here much when I'm not at work. Once work is done, I have stuff to do. :)