PDA

View Full Version : Diaz earns "substantially" more than $40K, calling out Jones Jr.

atomdanger
04-16-2009, 06:12 PM
http://mmajunkie.com/news/14593/report-diaz-earns-substantially-more-than-40k-calling-out-jones-jr-.mma

Since figures were released by the CSAC on fighters pay from the Strikeforce event, we have received several inquiries and comments on Nick's pay.
We would like to let Nick's fans know that his compensation for the event was actually substantially larger than the amount listed, due to the way his contract was structured.
Nick Diaz and Strikeforce have in place a fair compensation agreement.

Superstar boxer Roy Jones Jr. has expressed interest in facing UFC Middleweight Champion, Anderson Silva,
after Silva had let his intentions be known that he wished to face Jones in a boxing contest.
Promoter Bob Arum was eager to promote such a bout to let the world see that "those MMA guys can't throw a straight punch".

Unfortunately it seems the impedus to set up such a fight is dead in the water, since the UFC is no hurry to see their Champion compete in a venue not being promoted by them.

Enter Nick Diaz. With Strikeforce's more flexible attitudes towards fighting and the Strikeforce-Showtime alliance, the barriers to such a fight could very well be coming down.
Our camp has already contacted Top Rank Boxing to let them know we would be 100% in favor of such a matchup. Now the ball is in their court.

Glad to hear he got paif more... but taking on RJJ in a boxing match? Ehhh

Miss Foxy
04-16-2009, 06:14 PM
Oh Nick what are you thinking???!!! :unsure-1:

Llamafighter
04-16-2009, 06:16 PM
RJJ will knock him out.

atomdanger
04-16-2009, 06:34 PM
RJJ will knock him out.

You think they will actually fight?

J.B.
04-16-2009, 07:41 PM
Jones by bolo punch

Llamafighter
04-16-2009, 08:00 PM
You think they will actually fight?
They just might! in straight boxing Diaz is crazy to get in there.

Hughes_GOAT
04-16-2009, 08:03 PM
Nick would be destroyed

matthughesfan21
04-16-2009, 08:05 PM
what is with mma fighters wanting to box RJJ?

J.B.
04-16-2009, 08:13 PM
Whats with all these guys thinking they can just hop into a boxing match with RJJ?

Yall' Must have forgot!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWIqZKhNY90

rearnakedchoke
04-16-2009, 08:20 PM
this is stupid, mma fighters would get killed in a boxing match vs. boxers and boxers would get killed in an mma match vs. mma's .. there is no debate about it ...

Tyburn
04-16-2009, 08:35 PM
I wish Mixed Martial Artists would stop "calling out" famous Boxers...if they want to do it properly let them have a Pro Boxing career also...but not a dumbass media exploit just because they win in MMA or something :angry:

Hughes_GOAT
04-16-2009, 08:40 PM
it is annoying

J.B.
04-16-2009, 08:44 PM
this is stupid, mma fighters would get killed in a boxing match vs. boxers and boxers would get killed in an mma match vs. mma's .. there is no debate about it ...

Well, I don't doubt that there are guys capable of doing both. Just like I am sure that there are some guys in the NFL who can hold their own on the basketball court, but none of them will be beating Kobe Bryant in a one on one game anytime soon.

atomdanger
04-16-2009, 09:24 PM
Whats with all these guys thinking they can just hop into a boxing match with RJJ?

Yall' Must have forgot!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWIqZKhNY90

haha that is badass!

Miss Foxy
04-16-2009, 09:31 PM
I hate the whole if your a boxing fan you can't be an MMA fan and vice versa.. Dumb..I must stop Nicky before he gets beat up. Don't get me wrong I will still root for him, but he's acting a little too confident...He might need a slice of humble pie...He's still hot though...:tongue0011:

atomdanger
04-16-2009, 09:32 PM
Well, I don't doubt that there are guys capable of doing both. Just like I am sure that there are some guys in the NFL who can hold their own on the basketball court, but none of them will be beating Kobe Bryant in a one on one game anytime soon.

Good analogy.

Josh
04-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Anderson Silva would have at least been interesting. Diaz wouldn't last 2 min.

rockdawg21
04-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Michael Jordan was by far the greatest basketball player in the world, and barely hacked it in the minors. In fact, if his name wasn't MJ, he would have been cut from the minors as well. Diaz is slighlty above average in MMA and RJJ was a former p4p champion, winning belts in 4 weight classes and currently holding a record of 53-5 with 39 KO. Diaz is a f'ing idiot!

xSubmission
04-17-2009, 10:59 PM
Boxers are boxers and ppl who train for MMA are fighters. My point being boxers need to stop calling themselves fighters. Of course a boxer would never want to make that transistion. I dont think i have even heard of any.

Llamafighter
04-17-2009, 11:01 PM
Boxers are boxers and ppl who train for MMA are fighters. My point being boxers need to stop calling themselves fighters. Of course a boxer would never want to make that transistion. I dont think i have even heard of any.

Marcus Davis, Chris Lytle are the only two that come to mind..., but I think both were dabling in subs and wrestling beforehand.

J.B.
04-18-2009, 12:18 AM

That is just plain stupid.

MMA is MMA and Boxing is Boxing, but they are both fighting sports. It is beyond me why so many MMA fans feel the need to bash boxers and boxing in general. Give it rest, it's lame. Anybody who does not respect the sport of Boxing or the skill involved to be a top ranked boxer is just ignorant.

rockdawg21
04-18-2009, 02:06 AM
I love boxing, but for somebody, let's say BJ Penn, who Freddie Roach says is the best "boxer" in MMA wouldn't stand a chance against Manny Pacquaio in a boxing match. On the flipside, Pacquiao would get murdered by BJ Penn in a MMA match. The sports both require tremendous skill, but for a MMA fighter to think he has the skills to beat a top-level boxer at his own game is just ridiculous.

It's like when Mayweather Jr. was blasting UFC fighters and Dana offered him an open challenge against (don't remember whom exactly) not even one of the champions, of course Mayweather didn't take the offer - he's a jackass, but not stupid.

Jason 16
04-18-2009, 07:00 AM
I love boxing, but for somebody, let's say BJ Penn, who Freddie Roach says is the best "boxer" in MMA wouldn't stand a chance against Manny Pacquaio in a boxing match. On the flipside, Pacquiao would get murdered by BJ Penn in a MMA match. The sports both require tremendous skill, but for a MMA fighter to think he has the skills to beat a top-level boxer at his own game is just ridiculous.

It's like when Mayweather Jr. was blasting UFC fighters and Dana offered him an open challenge against (don't remember whom exactly) not even one of the champions, of course Mayweather didn't take the offer - he's a jackass, but not stupid.

it was Sean Sherk and he would have killed mayweather he is biger and has good enough headmovement to get in and get the take down and pound the piss out of him

J.B.
04-18-2009, 09:28 AM
Before everybody jumps on the hate PBF bandwagon, it should be noted that Floyd is one of the most well liked and respected athletes that reside in Las Vegas. He is well known at gyms all over, and loved by both boxers and MMA fighters alike.

That being said, his comments were never made with real ill will towards the sport of MMA. He was on a nationwide tour hyping his fight with De La Hoya and he just went off on a soapbox. Stupid, yes. Intentional, no. In fact, Dana White and Floyd Mayweather had known each other well before that happened and Dana knows how PBF is. If anything, Dana was just using the media attention that Floyd's comments got to help build up more publicity for the UFC.

Oh, and Freddie Roach "says" a lot of things, but I don't agree that BJ Penn is the best pure boxer in MMA. It's not even really fair to try and judge someone's pure boxing ability by watching them fight MMA. Still, if I had to pick one guy, it would not be Penn.