PDA

View Full Version : Nausea

Miss Foxy
04-15-2009, 10:12 PM
Hi guys and dolls. Do any of you have any suggestions when it comes to nausea? Nausea in the form of side effects to medical treatments? Thanks..:)

Crisco
04-15-2009, 10:18 PM
Stop doing drugs

atomdanger
04-15-2009, 10:40 PM
It really depends on the drug.

Some "natural" remedies that I have heard good things about include:
Hot Ginger Tea
Chamomile tea
Peppermint candy
mix one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a tablespoon of natural honey

But, if it truly is a side effect of a drug you're on,
you might just have to deal with it.

J.B.
04-15-2009, 11:18 PM
Your in Cali, get a doctor to give you some weed :laugh:

TexasRN
04-15-2009, 11:32 PM
Candied ginger works really well and doesn't taste too bad. The tea and ginger ale are ok too. Other than that, you can get your doc to write you a script for phenergan or zofran. Both will knock you out though and you'll feel drugged.

~Amy

VCURamFan
04-16-2009, 02:03 AM
Candied ginger works really well and doesn't taste too bad. The tea and ginger ale are ok too. Other than that, you can get your doc to write you a script for phenergan or zofran. Both will knock you out though and you'll feel drugged.

~AmyYou say that like it's a bad thing...:blink:

TexasRN
04-16-2009, 02:08 AM
You say that like it's a bad thing...:blink:

Hey, I routinely take ambien. It is most definitely NOT a bad thing in my book. :faint:

~Amy

Miss Foxy
04-16-2009, 04:20 AM
Hey, I routinely take ambien. It is most definitely NOT a bad thing in my book. :faint:

~Amy
Thanks Nurse.. :wink:

TexasRN
04-16-2009, 04:24 AM
Thanks Nurse.. :wink:

:tongue0011:

~Amy

lyndsey823
04-16-2009, 04:48 AM

~Amy

i second that!!!!

Bonnie
04-16-2009, 04:52 AM

~Amy

I can testify to the phenergan. And believe me when you are THAT nauseous, you want it to knock you OUT! :happydancing:

jason2130
04-16-2009, 05:31 AM
my wifes doctor told her to take dramamine when her prescriptions where causing nausea, made her a lil tired now and again but did away with the nausea

Hughes_GOAT
04-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Other than that, you can get your doc to write you a script for phenergan or zofran. Both will knock you out though and you'll feel drugged.

~Amy

+1

Tyburn
04-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Hi guys and dolls. Do any of you have any suggestions when it comes to nausea? Nausea in the form of side effects to medical treatments? Thanks..:)
Depends what Medication you are on.

With a lot of medication the side effects wear off after a lot of use. In which case...just bear with it, until it goes away.

There is an anti-nausea drug called Prochlorperazine which I once took for a while :laugh:

Miss Foxy
04-16-2009, 09:08 PM
I drank cold Ginger-ale and its somewhat helping... Thanks friends for replying. And the Ambien users... Are those the little red pills?

lyndsey823
04-17-2009, 03:14 AM
I drank cold Ginger-ale and its somewhat helping... Thanks friends for replying. And the Ambien users... Are those the little red pills?

depends, i think the 5's come in red, and the 6.5's of the ambien CR are a light red as well. i take 10's, lol, they are white. got my refill tonight, PARTY!!! :laugh: which means i will fall asleep in the chair with the computer on my lap, watching trauma life in the E.R.

Miss Foxy
04-17-2009, 03:30 AM
depends, i think the 5's come in red, and the 6.5's of the ambien CR are a light red as well. i take 10's, lol, they are white. got my refill tonight, PARTY!!! :laugh: which means i will fall asleep in the chair with the computer on my lap, watching trauma life in the E.R.
After I got in my motorcycle accident I was given little red pills thats why I asked if they were Ambien, because I don't remember the name. The doc gave me the RX, because I had post traumatic stress and I would not sleep.. To say the least my son was only a month old and those pills knocked me out!!!! lol:wacko:

lyndsey823
04-17-2009, 03:33 AM
After I got in my motorcycle accident I was given little red pills thats why I asked if they were Ambien, because I don't remember the name. The doc gave me the RX, because I had post traumatic stress and I would not sleep.. To say the least my son was only a month old and those pills knocked me out!!!! lol:wacko:

sounds like ambien to me!! i know a lot of people who wont take it because of how it knocks them out and they don't remember a thing. i personally like that, lol. kidding, but i can't sleep without it. i didn't take any saturday night and i was up till 7 a.m., i have awful insomnia.

TexasRN
04-17-2009, 04:17 AM
sounds like ambien to me!! i know a lot of people who wont take it because of how it knocks them out and they don't remember a thing. i personally like that, lol. kidding, but i can't sleep without it. i didn't take any saturday night and i was up till 7 a.m., i have awful insomnia.

I love me those little white pills. I got a script for 10 mg and then I cut them in half and make them last twice as long. It works wonders for my RLS.

~Amy

Moose
04-17-2009, 04:22 AM

~Amy

Amen. Oh the stories you tell. :laugh:

lyndsey823
04-17-2009, 04:23 AM
I love me those little white pills. I got a script for 10 mg and then I cut them in half and make them last twice as long. It works wonders for my RLS.

~Amy

i wish i could cut mine in half, but it is never strong enough. there are nights i take a 5 with it, crazy, i know.