PDA

View Full Version : Forum Musicians?

J.B.
04-14-2009, 10:42 PM
Who plays what?

Let's start a Matt Hughes Forum E-Band :)

I play every instrument known to man except for Rusty Trombone.

Seriously though, who likes to jam?

VCURamFan
04-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Who plays what?

Let's start a Matt Hughes Forum E-Band :)

I play every instrument known to man except for Rusty Trombone.

Seriously though, who likes to jam?Well, I play the actual trombone. Matter of fact, I have a concert tomorrow night if anyone wants to rush over!:laugh:

J.B.
04-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Well, I play the actual trombone. Matter of fact, I have a concert tomorrow night if anyone wants to rush over!:laugh:

actual trombone > rusty trombone

I would come watch if that were geographically fesable :laugh:

Do you play in college? Are you a music major?

VCURamFan
04-14-2009, 10:52 PM
actual trombone > rusty trombone

I would come watch if that were geographically fesable :laugh:

Do you play in college? Are you a music major?Yeah, I'm in the University concert band. I was originally a Music Ed major, but I felt God calling me to the ministry, so I switched to Philosophy but kept the music as a minor.

J.B.
04-14-2009, 10:58 PM
Good for you, I hope you achieve that path. :)

I was originally a music major when I went to college but I just found that a music degree was not going to get me anywhere I wanted to be, so I opted for Audio Engineering and went to a good recording college. Which is funny now because I probably would have made more money sticking with the music degree. :laugh:

Either way, I am sure we can use the actual trombone in the Matt Hughes E-Band.:happydancing:

Primadawn
04-15-2009, 12:42 AM
I played the clarinet for 10 years...(hey this one time...at band camp...)..I can also pick around on the piano a bit...play a mean kazoo and sing some nasty karaoke! :happydancing:

Miss Foxy
04-15-2009, 12:43 AM
I was a hand bell ringer. Yes, handbells.. I also can play drums.

VCURamFan
04-15-2009, 03:19 AM
I played the clarinet for 10 years...(hey this one time...at band camp...)..I can also pick around on the piano a bit...play a mean kazoo and sing some nasty karaoke! :happydancing:Why does this not surprise me?:Whistle:

mikthehick
04-15-2009, 04:45 AM
I play....get ready this list is long....

The violin = I started this at age 8, was trained in Classical Suzuki method, played in the Kennedy Center for 4 straight years, was concert mistress in middle and high school, played in Disney World, was Jr. and Sr. Regional and All County member, and went to States for 3 years in high school. I was also nationally ranked in high school :) It has it's own resume, seriously....I won't get into the rest....

The viola = I only started playing this to fill out a trio and quartet in high school. We played on street corners in Alexandria for money and for weddings and other special occassions.

The guitar = I write my songs on with this help.

Bass guitar = I'll occassionally just jam with my lil brother to give him some base chords and a basis to work on.

Dolcimer = I bought one last summer, rarely play

Mandalin = it's a sideways violin, so i know how to play, just need to buy one.

I've always LOVED music. I listen to it everyday, and usually sing in the car, even tho I don't think i can sing that well, too shy anyway. I don't play the violin much anymore, my old instructor passed on a year ago and it just doesn't feel right playing it without her around. Maybe I'll break it out again when I have a reason to. I taught violin and viola lessons there for awhile, but my specialty is FIDDLING and bluegrass. That's where it's at :)

VCURamFan
04-15-2009, 05:17 AM
I listen to it everyday, and usually sing in the car, even tho I don't think i can sing that well, too shy anyway.Did I mention that you're not eligible to recieve your fight ticket until after you've karaoked?:Whistle:

Llamafighter
04-15-2009, 01:55 PM
I play Guitar (since about 7th grade). I recently started playing the bass guitar and got back to the piano.
I play the uke too, but am a little out of practice.

mikthehick
04-15-2009, 02:46 PM
Did I mention that you're not eligible to recieve your fight ticket until after you've karaoked?:Whistle:

WHAT??!! No one told me that rule......

Llamafighter
04-15-2009, 03:09 PM
WHAT??!! No one told me that rule......

That's in the official Vegas rulebook!

Blmfighter
04-15-2009, 04:15 PM
I used to play the guitar and the bass guitar, however it has been a while since I picked up my guitar.

mikthehick
04-15-2009, 05:13 PM
That's in the official Vegas rulebook!

You know what else is in that rulebook? Kim D. is coming down with laringitis on May 22, too bad. :Whistle:

VCURamFan
04-15-2009, 05:27 PM
You know what else is in that rulebook? Kim D. is coming down with laringitis on May 22, too bad. :Whistle:O really? That's too bad. I guess you wouldn't want to risk our health by coming to the fights, then, huh? Guess I'll just sell you ticket to someone else...

County Mike
04-15-2009, 05:55 PM
I can play the radio, the CD player and the iPod.

Llamafighter
04-15-2009, 05:57 PM

you're a prodigy! :laugh:

J.B.
04-15-2009, 06:56 PM
To the guitarists...

what kind of guitars and amps are you guys currently using?

I currently have a silver PRS Tremonti SE, a silver and white Douglas 335, a black Rouge Resonator Acoustic, and a Natural Greg Bennet Electric-Acoustic. I also have an old slide guitar and a banjo. I have a couple practice amps laying around, but my main rig for playing out right now is a Line 6 Vetta HD with a 4x12 Flextone Cabinet.

matthughesfan21
04-15-2009, 07:36 PM
i can play the drums a little, but I can play a pretty mean air guitar

Miss Foxy
04-15-2009, 07:41 PM
i can play the drums a little, but I can play a pretty mean air guitar
LOL I can play a mean air guitar too and in front of the cameras at the local Wal-Mart!

Primadawn
04-16-2009, 12:11 AM

Trifecta!

VCURamFan
04-16-2009, 02:07 AM
The concert went really well tonight. It's a little bit sureal knowing that was the last time I'll perform in my collegiate career, but it was a great one to go out on. Our last two pieces were Holst's Suite in Eb & Colonel Bogey's march. My parent's video taped it (felt like I was in high school again!) & the concert was professionally recorded as well, so hopefully I'll be able to upload those soon & y'all can marvel at my greatness!!!

Or my mediocrity, at least! :laugh:

TexasRN
04-16-2009, 02:16 AM
I used to play oboe and saxophone. I haven't played anything in years. I kind of miss it.

~Amy

VCURamFan
04-16-2009, 02:21 AM
I used to play oboe and saxophone. I haven't played anything in years. I kind of miss it.

~AmyQuick, make one more post & you're into the 4-digit club!!!!!!:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

TexasRN
04-16-2009, 02:26 AM
Quick, make one more post & you're into the 4-digit club!!!!!!:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Fine. Happy now? It's the last time I do anything you tell me to do. :wink: :laugh:

~Amy

VCURamFan
04-16-2009, 02:39 AM
Fine. Happy now? It's the last time I do anything you tell me to do. :wink: :laugh:

~AmyO we'll see about that. Vegas is just a month away, sister!http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f296/bratineladuke/smiley.gif

TexasRN
04-16-2009, 02:51 AM
O we'll see about that. Vegas is just a month away, sister!http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f296/bratineladuke/smiley.gif

Mhmmm, I can outdrink you anyday buddy boy.

~Amy

VCURamFan
04-16-2009, 02:53 AM
Mhmmm, I can outdrink you anyday buddy boy.

~AmyI don't doubt it. You've had how many decades more practice than me?:Whistle:

TexasRN
04-16-2009, 03:32 AM
I don't doubt it. You've had how many decades more practice than me?:Whistle:

I would call you a bad name right now but I just read the first chapter of James for our forum Bible study and I am trying to apply it. :Whistle:

~Amy

VCURamFan
04-16-2009, 03:36 AM
I would call you a bad name right now but I just read the first chapter of James for our forum Bible study and I am trying to apply it. :Whistle:

~AmyHahaha. It's OK, I'm a bit of a light-weight now, anyhoo. I haven't really done any serious drinking since the summer. The "craziest" I've gotten all school year is a coupla weekends ago when a childhood friend came back in town. We went to the bar & I had a whopping 5 Jack & Cokes!!!:scared0011: :ashamed:

atomdanger
04-16-2009, 03:46 AM
I got my first bass in 7th grade, I was 13.

So I've been playing bass on and off for about 12 years now.
I "can" play the drums and guitar, but for the most part probably shouldn't lol