PDA

View Full Version : BLOG: Dollamur Mats

NateR
04-14-2009, 07:44 PM
From Matt's Blog:

Last week, I had a good week of training. Plenty of guys at the gym right now and I've been pushing myself pretty hard. This week looks pretty much the same as far as training goes. This weekend, I travel down to Orlando, Florida, for Dollamur Mats. Friday night, I'll be making an appearance at Buffalo Wild Wings with Matt Lindland.
http://www.matt-hughes.com/images/blogimages/BUFFALO-WILD-WINGS.jpg
Then Saturday I hurry up and come home so I can watch my buddy Chuck fight.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Last Friday, I went to a show down in Lake of the Ozarks. I have some friends in that area, so I gave them a call.
http://www.matt-hughes.com/images/blogimages/IMG_3641.jpg
Joy (on the left) was my high school science teacher and Anna (right) is her daughter who is about 3 years younger than me. So I want to say thanks to them two for hanging out and helping me sell my shirts.

Once again my buddy Patrick Flanigan emailed me something I found pretty funny. I didn't think the President could take away Super Bowl titles, but I guess he can. To read more click HERE (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1229).

Well, the Dancing with the Stars thing was an April Fool's joke, I did find it funny how many people took me serious. What was even funnier was the people who thought it was a joke at first and then came back and thought it could be for real. I found this on the forums and obviously this person thought it was real, but then came back and deleted the post:

:w00t: Matt, you've got to do this! I hope Audra agrees. I know you're probably not watching it with all your practices and getting ready for the fight, but Ty Murray is dancing on it. I love Ty!

He's like you, a 9-time World Champion Cowboy/Bullrider. His first dance his score was 4's; now he's making 8's and 9's. If he can do it, so can you! :frantics: I've often thought you would have made a good bull rider because of your excellent balance.

I just cannot believe this. This is so exciting! :happydancing:

Bonnie don't feel bad, you weren't the only one that I got.

I hope everybody had a great Easter, I know I did. Family get togethers are always a fun thing for me. Talk to you next week. -matt

Boomer
04-14-2009, 07:51 PM
<mummbles to himself> Now I have to find something to do with the 100 Matt hot feet Hughes shirts I had made for the plans of being in the live audience and handing them out. <mummble mummble>

:D

Llamafighter
04-14-2009, 07:52 PM
:angry: Yeah ya got me too, Matt!
My wife was sooo excited about this.

I can't wait to see Chuck KO Shogun this weekend!

Bonnie
04-14-2009, 09:50 PM
:scared0011: obviously, NOT busy enough! :tongue0011:

...gentlemanly thing... :muttering:... and not mention... :muttering:... my name, but noooooooo... :rolleyes:

I'm just surprised you were able to hold back this long. :laugh:

internationalharvester
04-14-2009, 11:03 PM
I've been thinking about this dancing with the stars thing.....I think seeing Matt would be kinda cool, but you know who I really want to see?........Mac, I mean Mac's a star isn't he???.....Nate could ya give a guy a little help here? we need a pic

internationalharvester
04-14-2009, 11:13 PM
its bad but heres one till Nate can do a proper job

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii110/bassman454_2008/20090310_steve_wozniak_dancing_with.jpg

VCURamFan
04-15-2009, 02:17 AM
its bad but heres one till Nate can do a proper job

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii110/bassman454_2008/20090310_steve_wozniak_dancing_with.jpgThe funniest part is Mac's expression!!:laugh:

TexasRN
04-15-2009, 11:47 AM
I think I fall for every joke Matt does. I just accept it now and go on. :ashamed:

~Amy

Llamafighter
04-15-2009, 12:35 PM
I think I fall for every joke Matt does. I just accept it now and go on. :ashamed:

~Amy

Ditto
I used ot be even more naive, NYC has made me more cynical but usual it still goes something like this:
Other person: Hey man I'm going to be on Letterman tonight accepting a lottery check
Me: Yeah right!
Other person: no, really, I'm going to be on there at 10:26!
Me: Sweet! That is so awesome, I'll try to stay up and watch it. Conratulations!!

yeah, I'm a pushover for the most part.

TENNESSEAN
04-16-2009, 03:03 AM
didnt fool me. i didnt believe it not for a minute!:Whistle:

VCURamFan
04-16-2009, 03:09 AM
didnt fool me. i didnt believe it not for a minute!:Whistle:Hahaha. How's that Miley Cyrus music?:laugh:

Bonnie
04-16-2009, 03:37 AM
Yeah, my only saving grace were those who were soooo sure it was a joke, and when Matt didn't deny it right away, started ?ing that maybe it was for real. :laugh:

It didn't make me feel any less of an idiot for falling for it, but I didn't feel so alone anymore. :happydancing:

I like Miley's new song. :)

TENNESSEAN
04-16-2009, 11:10 PM
Hahaha. How's that Miley Cyrus music?:laugh:
DON'T MESS WITH MILEY OR IS IT HANNAH OR IS IT MILEY.