PDA

View Full Version : MLB 2009

J.B.
04-13-2009, 06:30 AM
Well, to my surprise, I have actually caught baseball fever early this year. Usually I am wrapped up in the NBA around this time, but with my teams being mediocre and my recent acquisition of MLB Network I have found myself getting into Baseball already.

It's no secret I am a die-hard White Sox fan. It's still early, but I do find myself a bit concerned about our pitching. I am also still a bit irked at the fact that Crede is playing for the Twins now. Either way, I still think we are going to be in the race for the division come Fall.

How about the rest of you guys? Who are your teams, and how do you see this season unfolding?

That includes YOU Cubs fans! :tongue0011:

Miss Foxy
04-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Go DODGERS!!!!!

VCURamFan
04-13-2009, 02:36 PM
It's a Nationals Nation, baby!

matthughesfan21
04-13-2009, 03:49 PM
season is going fine for us so far, I'd rather Lou put Marmol in the closers role, I don't trust Gregg

matthughesfan21
04-13-2009, 03:51 PM
It's a Nationals Nation, baby!0-6

SteveT
04-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Toronto Blue Jays fan here :)

rearnakedchoke
04-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Jays .. 5-2 ... posting before they drop below .500 ...

rockdawg21
04-13-2009, 07:48 PM
WAR ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VCURamFan
04-13-2009, 10:22 PM
0-6Well, considering the fact that the man leading our nation has a similar record so far, I think it's fair to say we're the most "American" team out there right now!:laugh:

Moose
04-14-2009, 03:12 AM
Viva El Birdos!

J.B.
04-14-2009, 03:23 AM
Well, considering the fact that the man leading our nation has a similar record so far, I think it's fair to say we're the most "American" team out there right now!:laugh:

Eh, Obama did authorize the use of force to take out those Pirates, and not the ones from Pittsburgh either. So that is at least one win for Obama. Which is one better than the Nationals.:laugh:

Go WHITE SOX! Both Konerko and Dye hit their 300th homerun today and they did it back to back, and we won. Thats never happened ever before, hopefully it's a sign of good things to come.

Primadawn
04-14-2009, 11:05 AM
Viva El Birdos!
+1 !!!!

newpowersoul
04-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Die Hard Yankees fan here....
Home opener at the new stadium tomorrow night. Our pitching has been rough so far this year, last night may be a new low. Hopefully it will turn around for us tomorrow night so we don't open the new stadium with a thud like the mets did.
The new MLB network is great.

Miss Foxy
04-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Die Hard Yankees fan here....
Home opener at the new stadium tomorrow night. Our pitching has been rough so far this year, last night may be a new low. Hopefully it will turn around for us tomorrow night so we don't open the new stadium with a thud like the mets did.
The new MLB network is great.
The Yankees are my 2nd favorite team... I was an AROD fan, however he hasnt been impressing me. I can't support a cheater lol. Good luck 2 ur team!

newpowersoul
04-14-2009, 03:29 PM
thanks.
The dodgers would be my second favorite. I like that they have Torre and Mattingly...I think A Rod will come back and have a great season. I think he handled his situation pretty well considering. I really believe that when all is said and done if he remains healthy, any illegal substance he took for that short time will not be the focus of his legacy.

J.B.
04-14-2009, 03:30 PM
The Yankees are my 2nd favorite team... I was an AROD fan, however he hasnt been impressing me. I can't support a cheater lol. Good luck 2 ur team!

I agree, it's hard to see him the same way, but the truth is A-Rod is still on tap to be one of the greatest statistical players ever to play professional baseball.

Miss Foxy
04-14-2009, 04:15 PM
I agree, it's hard to see him the same way, but the truth is A-Rod is still on tap to be one of the greatest statistical players ever to play professional baseball.
Yeah I know that.. I liked him since he was a rookie. Hence why I named my daughter Alexandra. Her nickname on the field is AROD... Wish she had his eyes though.. j/k!! :laugh:

Max
04-14-2009, 05:52 PM
I cant stand baseball. Once the NFL draft and the NHL playoffs are over there is a dark time with only baseball on till NFL preseason starts up again.

Miss Foxy
04-14-2009, 05:58 PM
I cant stand baseball. Once the NFL draft and the NHL playoffs are over there is a dark time with only baseball on till NFL preseason starts up again.
Lol!! My boyfriend says the same thing..:rolleyes:

Miss Foxy
04-14-2009, 05:59 PM
thanks.
The dodgers would be my second favorite. I like that they have Torre and Mattingly...I think A Rod will come back and have a great season. I think he handled his situation pretty well considering. I really believe that when all is said and done if he remains healthy, any illegal substance he took for that short time will not be the focus of his legacy. You are pretty near perfect in my eyes now! I wasnt really upset about the roidssssss it was the whole infidelity thing, but who am I to judge?

Max
04-14-2009, 06:05 PM
Lol!! My boyfriend says the same thing..:rolleyes:
your boyfriend is a smart man.

J.B.
04-14-2009, 07:13 PM

Thank you for sharing that useless information. :)

Max
04-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Thank you for sharing that useless information. :)
I thought the info I shared was very useful. People now know I am not a baseball fan.

newpowersoul
04-21-2009, 02:38 PM
You are pretty near perfect in my eyes now! I wasnt really upset about the roidssssss it was the whole infidelity thing, but who am I to judge?
this comment helps soften the two horrible games against the indians this weekend....and right back at ya

J.B.
04-21-2009, 03:27 PM
I thought the info I shared was very useful. People now know I am not a baseball fan.

I am sure all of us will find a use for that information :wink:

J.B.
04-21-2009, 03:34 PM
this comment helps soften the two horrible games against the indians this weekend....and right back at ya

I'm sorry but it's hard not to laugh at the Yankees. They are spending an unholy amount of money and they are still playing like crap. Their average tickets prices are also absurd. I realize they just got that new stadium, but it's ridiculous and they are having trouble selling tickets.

newpowersoul
04-21-2009, 03:47 PM
I think so far they are meeting expectations with tickets just based on what I have read....the bleacher seats only went up in price $10 i think it was. As far as playing like crap they certainly did a few games so far but it is early. They are better off at this point than they have been in the recent years at the begining of a season. Really looking around the league it is not just the yankees but everyone is playing around .500, except the nationals and marlins of course.

Primadawn
04-21-2009, 04:01 PM
I hate the Yankees...hate hate hate the Yankees! And I'm living here in the midst of them...which makes it even worse...Do you people wonder why I'm pissy all the time???:angry:

VCURamFan
04-21-2009, 07:07 PM
I hate the Yankees...hate hate hate the Yankees! And I'm living here in the midst of them...which makes it even worse...Do you people wonder why I'm pissy all the time???:angry:I just thought your Aunt Flo really liked spending quality time with you...:unsure-1: :blink: :scared0011: :duck:

xSubmission
04-22-2009, 07:22 AM
lolbaseball...americas biggest waste of time.

rearnakedchoke
04-22-2009, 01:26 PM
lolbaseball...americas biggest waste of time.
no hockey is america's biggest waste of time

Miss Foxy
04-22-2009, 02:45 PM
no hockey is america's biggest waste of time
We can agree on that one!! I hate hockey its so dang boring!! :scared0015:

rearnakedchoke
04-22-2009, 03:23 PM

living in toronto, we have the worst fans ... so you either love it or hate it .. i am in the minority when i say i can't stand hockey and especially the maple leafs ... but team canada, that is another story ... LOL

matthughesfan21
04-22-2009, 03:41 PM
We can agree on that one!! I hate hockey its so dang boring!! :scared0015::punch: :sad: :angry:

matthughesfan21
04-22-2009, 03:42 PM
no soccer is america's biggest waste of timeFIXED

J.B.
04-22-2009, 08:39 PM
FIXED

Thank you.

If it's one thing Cubs and Sox fans CAN agree on, it's that baseball is AWESOME. :wink:

matthughesfan21
04-22-2009, 08:52 PM
Thank you.

If it's one thing Cubs and Sox fans CAN agree on, it's that baseball is AWESOME. :wink:
I like all Chicago sports teams, except for the sox and the Fire, I'll take everything else, bulls, hawks, rush, cubs, etc. and I'll root hard

J.B.
04-22-2009, 09:49 PM
I like all Chicago sports teams, except for the sox and the Fire, I'll take everything else, bulls, hawks, rush, cubs, etc. and I'll root hard

I like all Chicago teams too, and I actually don't hate the Cubs at all. I just like to screw with Cub fans from time to time. I would love nothing more than to see the Cubs and the Sox in the World Series. That would be one of the greatest thing to ever happen to the city of Chicago.

I also like a lot of Arizona teams too, like the Cardinals and the Suns and the Sun Devils, but I have never really been that big of a Diamondbacks fan for some reason. Can't say why, considering I love ratllesnakes and all, lol. I mean, was happy to watch them beat the Yankees in the World Series, hahaha, and I even have some shirts, a hat, and even a Curt Schilling D-Backs jersey, but I just can't pull for them like I do the White Sox. I guess, I am sort of a fan, I don't know... I mean, I guess I would root for them if they were playing the Cubs....:laugh: jk

Moose
04-23-2009, 01:22 AM

I've never heard that before, unless someone was talking about the late 90's New Jersey Devils. :laugh:

Moose
04-23-2009, 01:24 AM
I also like a lot of Arizona teams too, like the Cardinals and the Suns and the Sun Devils, but I have never really been that big of a Diamondbacks fan for some reason. Can't say why, considering I love ratllesnakes and all, lol. I mean, was happy to watch them beat the Yankees in the World Series, hahaha, and I even have some shirts, a hat, and even a Curt Schilling D-Backs jersey, but I just can't pull for them like I do the White Sox. I guess, I am sort of a fan, I don't know... I mean, I guess I would root for them if they were playing the Cubs....:laugh: jk

Maybe because originally they combined two of the most nonbaseball colors into a jersey design. THEN they went with classic PURPLE pinstripes, another no no.