PDA

View Full Version : Polar bear attacks woman at Berlin Zoo

atomdanger
04-12-2009, 08:25 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/04/11/polar.bear.attack/

http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2009/Apr/Week2/15260314.jpg

A polar bear attacked a woman at Berlin Zoo Friday afternoon after she climbed a fence and jumped into its habitat during feeding time, police said Saturday.
The bear attacks the woman during feeding time.

The bear attacks the woman during feeding time.

One adult polar bit her several times after she plunged into the moat, police said.

Zoo workers tossed rescue rings toward the woman to hoist her out and distract polar bears swimming nearby, said Goerg Gebhard, a Berlin police officer.

At one point the woman fell back into the water and was grabbed by a bear before she was eventually hoisted to safety.

"They saved her life," Gebhard told CNN.

The woman was severely injured and was being treated at a hospital, police said.

WTF
Why on earth would you break into a polar bear exhibit?

Hughes_GOAT
04-12-2009, 09:28 PM
they should have let it eat her

logrus
04-12-2009, 10:19 PM
Hey at least this story came with pictures...

matthughesfan21
04-13-2009, 01:54 AM
to bad they didn't get her better, what a dumb worthless human being

MattHughesRocks
04-13-2009, 03:22 AM
The bear would have had food for some time if they'd left her there.Look at that blubber butt!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hughes_GOAT
04-13-2009, 03:31 AM
the video is funnier. she holding onto a rope as they try to pull her up the wall and then she falls back in. one of the bears goes under the water and you see him come up a couple seconds later biting her ass.

MattHughesRocks
04-13-2009, 03:32 AM
Rumproast :laugh:

the video is funnier. she holding onto a rope as they try to pull her up the wall and then she falls back in. one of the bears goes under the water and you see him come up a couple seconds later biting her ass.

Hughes_GOAT
04-13-2009, 03:33 AM
Rumproast :laugh:

with Matza balls

Primadawn
04-13-2009, 04:33 AM
What is WRONG with you people?????:scared0011:

And why do I think you're funny? :laugh:

rockdawg21
04-13-2009, 04:36 AM
LOL, that is funny! Too bad the polar bear didn't eat her, I wish dumb people like her can't reproduce.

matthughesfan21
04-13-2009, 04:37 AM
What is WRONG with you people?????:scared0011: :
are you trying to tell me that you actually feel sorry for that dumb lump of sh*t?

MattHughesRocks
04-13-2009, 04:39 AM
For a minute there I thought I was going to rename you KillJoy :laugh:

What is WRONG with you people?????:scared0011:

And why do I think you're funny? :laugh:

Primadawn
04-13-2009, 04:43 AM
are you trying to tell me that you actually feel sorry for that dumb lump of sh*t?

Read the whole post Sparky!:wink:

rockdawg21
04-13-2009, 04:43 AM
I think the polar bear must've mistaken her for a walrus.

MattHughesRocks
04-13-2009, 05:11 AM
Sparky :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :happy0198:

Read the whole post Sparky!:wink:

County Mike
04-13-2009, 12:23 PM
but they look so soft and cuddly.

Llamafighter
04-13-2009, 01:16 PM
:unsure-1: So let me get this straight...

:w00t: Bears are dangerous?!

Miss Foxy
04-13-2009, 03:32 PM
Polar Bears are my favorite animals this lady is an idiot! She is lucky the PB did not kill her. :scared0011:

CAVEMAN
04-13-2009, 03:44 PM
The famous words of Bill Engvall come to mind, "HERE'S YOUR SIGN!"

atomdanger
04-13-2009, 06:20 PM
There is video of this if you google it, but I won't post it.

rearnakedchoke
04-13-2009, 06:23 PM
too bad they saved her ... she will probably sue the zoo and have them change the signs from "Do not feed the animals" to "Do not feed yourself to the animals"

oh wait, this was in germany, so probably not .. had this been in the US, she would be set for life ....

Crisco
04-13-2009, 06:40 PM
The worst thing to come out of it was the "Are Zoo's safe enough" Headlines...

Zoo's are very safe if you don't jump in the ******* tank you idiot.

NateR
04-13-2009, 06:54 PM
The worst thing to come out of it was the "Are Zoo's safe enough" Headlines...

Zoo's are very safe if you don't jump in the ******* tank you idiot.

Well, think about it from the polar bears' perspective, fat women falling from the sky while you're trying to eat doesn't sound very safe to me.

Crisco
04-13-2009, 06:55 PM
Well, think about it from the polar bears' perspective, fat women falling from the sky while you're trying to eat doesn't sound very safe to me.

LOL Someone call PETA.

Llamafighter
04-13-2009, 07:32 PM

No kidding! one of those beautiful Polar Bears could have been senslessly hurt by chubs land on them.
I wonder if anyone has the full vid. I want to see the Polar Bears' reaction to the initial KABLOOSH!

rockdawg21
04-13-2009, 08:46 PM
I really think it was just a misunderstanding by the polar bears. They assumed the feeders tossed them a walrus. I'm sure after it was all said and done, they shook hands and signed a treaty with help of the UN.

Tyburn
04-13-2009, 10:09 PM
I really think it was just a misunderstanding by the polar bears. They assumed the feeders tossed them a walrus. I'm sure after it was all said and done, they shook hands and signed a treaty with help of the UN.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It was a unilateral move by the Woman (everyone else decided NOT to jump in)....was she an American :huh:

:laugh:

Miss Foxy
04-13-2009, 10:11 PM

It was a unilateral move by the Woman (everyone else decided NOT to jump in)....was she an American :huh:

Whats that supposed to mean?

NateR
04-13-2009, 10:21 PM

Obviously not, because only Europeans are stupid enough to jump into cages with wild animals. I think the people who saved her from her own idiocy were Americans though, just like the entire 20th century.

rearnakedchoke
04-13-2009, 10:32 PM
Obviously not, because only Europeans are stupid enough to jump into cages with wild animals. I think the people who saved her from her own idiocy were Americans though, just like the entire 20th century.

good one ... i just posted to increase my post count by one .... i didn't my like the last post count

Tyburn
04-14-2009, 12:10 AM
:laugh: :laugh:

Ohh...thats right...so the Polar Bear is the United Nations...and once again, the Americans steal its lunch money :angry:

perhaps she didnt want to be liberated? Perhaps thats why she actively Jumped into the cage!!

Tyburn
04-14-2009, 12:12 AM
Whats that supposed to mean?
Nothing :Whistle:

VCURamFan
04-14-2009, 12:20 AM
:laugh: :laugh:

1) Ohh...thats right...so the Polar Bear is the United Nations...and once again, the Americans steal its lunch money :angry:

2) perhaps she didnt want to be liberated? Perhaps thats why she actively Jumped into the cage!!1) WHAT????

Umm, is the stupid chubster supposed to be the "lunch money"? If so, your analogy is crap. The zoo keepers had alreayd fed the bears, they were going for seconds on the lady.

Although now intertwining wht really happened with what you interpretted, we get what I believe is a nice analogy: the UN is provided with exactly what is needed for it to be healthy & effective. Then a helpless victim falls into their cluches so they dive on it in a feeding frenzy. When America saves the victim, the UN complains that the US is denying them some they "deserve".:laugh:

2) Again, I say: WHAT????

Are you implying that instead of jumping off of any of the many conviently located German bridges, or taking some nice high-doage barbituates (which German docs will willing prescribe to elderly folks so they can off themselves), slitting her wrists, this fat lady decided to sing her swan song by diving into a pool so she could be eaten alive by one of the world's most deadly predators?

I'm pretty sure that stupidity, not suicide, is what prompted her leap.

Tyburn
04-14-2009, 12:24 AM
I'm pretty sure that stupidity, not suicide, is what prompted her leap.

1) Are you saying all Europeans are Stupid :angry: I'm European, I take offence at that, it really pisses me off :angry:

NateR
04-14-2009, 12:24 AM
Although now intertwining wht really happened with what you interpretted, we get what I believe is a nice analogy: the UN is provided with exactly what is needed for it to be healthy & effective. Then a helpless victim falls into their cluches so they dive on it in a feeding frenzy. When America saves the victim, the UN complains that the US is denying them some they "deserve".:laugh:

That's the most accurate description of the UN that I've ever read. :laugh:

Tyburn
04-14-2009, 12:25 AM
That's the most accurate description of the UN that I've ever read. :laugh:
:laugh: Even I am struggling with a descent comeback...it has to be said :laugh:

J.B.
04-14-2009, 03:17 AM
When that bear bit that lady in the ass I could not help but laugh out loud.

Stupid people never cease to amaze me. :laugh: