PDA

View Full Version : Jens Pulver Rooting for BJ Penn (Vid)

que
01-26-2009, 10:46 PM
and says he'd like to see him win by GnP. robbie lawler, faber, varner and alot of other fighters weigh in on penn vs pierre as well, check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK1cJRX_0JM&eurl=http://mmamania.com/&feature=player_embedded

Tyburn
01-26-2009, 11:02 PM
and says he'd like to see him win by GnP. robbie lawler, faber, varner and alot of other fighters weigh in on penn vs pierre as well, check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK1cJRX_0JM&eurl=http://mmamania.com/&feature=player_embedded
I want Penn to win aswell :laugh:

Preach
01-26-2009, 11:54 PM
some smart people on there ..
Can I just say I am stoked about Kid thats awesome

Preach
01-26-2009, 11:54 PM
some smart people on there ..
Can I just say I am stoked about Kid thats awesome

rearnakedchoke
01-27-2009, 01:06 AM
this is just my take on this, but i could be wrong and we will see when the rest of the fighter ops of this fight outcome are posted ... .but here goes .... most of the guys on that vid (aside from lawler) are small guys ... these guys are like a brotherhood, like they get overlooked .... they are pulling for penn as they feel a victory for him is a victory for the little guy ... if he can beat a bigger guy like gsp, it will be more of sorta putting them in the spotlight .... i could be wrong, but that is how i see it .. but when the rest of the fighters opinions come out, well we shall see what the rest say

atomdanger
01-27-2009, 02:15 AM
Nice, Mike V haha, I have some crazy videos of him.

Kid Yamamoto is with the WEC??? Oh damn.....
That is going to be amazing.

"BJ Penn by jab to death"

haha

Jeff Crow
01-27-2009, 02:40 AM
It was good to see Robbie hanging out there and talking with Dana...:wink:

VCURamFan
01-27-2009, 03:11 AM
It was good to see Robbie hanging out there and talking with Dana...:wink:He's coming back to the UFC. He's gotta come back!!

MattHughesRocks
01-27-2009, 03:19 AM
Wow, all those super cool fighters and they're picking the wrong guy :doh:
I have to say though, what I find to be pretty pathetic, is that it all seems to boil down to BJ's cardio. Now, correct me if I wrong, but isn't that something you can train for? To have better cardio?

que
01-27-2009, 03:21 AM
kid yamamoto vs faber would be amazing

matthughesfan21
01-27-2009, 03:22 AM
I have to say though, what I find to be pretty pathetic, is that it all seems to boil down to BJ's cardio. Now, correct me if I wrong, but isn't that something you can train for? To have better cardio?
yes it is, but it's always been his Achilles heel...so I guess they are saying is, if his cardio is good, they think he will win because talent wise, he's got lots of it

atomdanger
01-27-2009, 03:23 AM

I do not think Cardio will be too much of a factor.
BJ has been in the altitude tent and training hard, but who knows.

MattHughesRocks
01-27-2009, 03:47 AM
That's the whole thing " who knows".Why should anyone care if he doesnt? Why would someone BET on someone and just HOPE that they cardio trained :unsure:

I do not think Cardio will be too much of a factor.
BJ has been in the altitude tent and training hard, but who knows.

MattHughesRocks
01-27-2009, 03:49 AM
Yeah, then when he loses because he fought like crap everone will say " it was his cardio".I just don't understand how anybody can have any respect for him at all.

yes it is, but it's always been his Achilles heel...so I guess they are saying is, if his cardio is good, they think he will win because talent wise, he's got lots of it

Josh
01-27-2009, 04:09 AM
That's the whole thing " who knows".Why should anyone care if he doesnt? Why would someone BET on someone and just HOPE that they cardio trained :unsure:
Because there is a good chance that he wins without cardio. I agree though he better be serious about it and I think he will.

atomdanger
01-27-2009, 04:42 AM
Because there is a good chance that he wins without cardio. I agree though he better be serious about it and I think he will.

In a lot of peoples eyes he did last time.

ERStettin
01-27-2009, 06:35 AM
BJ all the way.

Hughes_GOAT
01-27-2009, 06:43 AM
last fight was a split, very controversial. BJ was totally gassed and GSP just laid on him. fight should have been stood up numerous times. GSP kept looking at the clock when he was on Penn. GSP got points for the takedown but did nothing with them. he should have had those points taken away.

County Mike
01-27-2009, 11:42 AM
GSP will just have to shut those midgets up.

rearnakedchoke
01-27-2009, 12:44 PM
GSP will just have to shut those midgets up.

LOL .. i second that ..

Preach
01-27-2009, 02:36 PM
WAR Baby Jay

Llamafighter
01-27-2009, 02:39 PM
He's coming back to the UFC. He's gotta come back!!

:punch: :punch:
That would be AWESOME!!!!
So many of the new UFC fans need to witness his Ruthlessness!!!!!

rearnakedchoke
01-27-2009, 02:41 PM
WAR Baby Jay

haha .. someone on another site (a noob penn fan) was upset that people were calling BJ Baby Jay .. LOL ... he said, "so it is not okay for people to call GSP frenchy or georgie boy and no one says anything when people call BJ Baby Jay .. talk about a double standard"

most people were like :unsure-1:

i thought he was full of it, but when he got flamed, he apologized ..

Neezar
01-27-2009, 02:46 PM
haha .. someone on another site (a noob penn fan) was upset that people were calling BJ Baby Jay .. LOL ... he said, "so it is not okay for people to call GSP frenchy or georgie boy and no one says anything when people call BJ Baby Jay .. talk about a double standard"

most people were like :unsure-1:

i thought he was full of it, but when he got flamed, he apologized ..

Remember the good ole days when being a noob meant being a UFC fan instead of a Pride nuthugger?

:laugh:

rearnakedchoke
01-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Remember the good ole days when being a noob meant being a UFC fan instead of a Pride nuthugger?

:laugh:

true, i liked pride and all, but there are some people that were just too diehard and bad mouthed anything that the ufc did .. times have changed now though ... even still though, with pride dead, they are hanging on to anything they can, although i think mir spanking nog may have put the final nail in the coffin for them ...

CAVEMAN
01-27-2009, 03:33 PM
I would love to see GSP spank BJ! But, I'm also not on the BJ bandwagon. I just don't think he is as good as everyone claims he is. Yes, there is no doubt that he is talented, but he tends to rely heavily on talent and thats it!

And as far as GSP and BJ's last fight goes, I thought BJ had the best takedown defense in the biz????? Boy, it sures looks like GSP took him down at will last time! And so what if GSP laid on him.....It was also my understanding that BJ had world class Jitz??? Which he does, but did GSP neutralize it last time? I just think BJ has a lot to prove in this fight and GSP is not going to be a walk in the park!

Llamafighter
01-27-2009, 03:35 PM
true, i liked pride and all, but there are some people that were just too diehard and bad mouthed anything that the ufc did .. times have changed now though ... even still though, with pride dead, they are hanging on to anything they can, although i think mir spanking nog may have put the final nail in the coffin for them ...

Nah, Nog lost in Pride too.
I always respected both UFC and Pride fighters.

Tyburn
01-27-2009, 04:35 PM
WAR Baby Jay
:laugh: You siggie is fantastic, that Penns "Royal Wave" :)

Preach
01-28-2009, 02:23 AM
:laugh: You siggie is fantastic, that Penns "Royal Wave" :)

Thaank you Dave:ashamed:

Tyburn
01-28-2009, 12:18 PM
Thaank you Dave:ashamed:
:laugh: you welcome.

Hughes_GOAT
01-29-2009, 06:57 AM

as long as Fedor keeps crushing UFC champs (and he will), and Dana continues to duck Fedor's offer to have 1 fight, winner take all...Pride will live forever.

and let's not forget all the UFC guys going to Pride and losing....minus the ones Fedor crushed. and it's not like Nog didn't win the UFC title. did Liddell win any Pride title or did any other UFC guy win a belt at their respective weights?

Hughes_GOAT
01-29-2009, 07:01 AM
when you have Matt Hughes picking you only if you're in shape, that should tell you all you need to know about who has more talent. when people talk about fights and strategies, it's always about how they will attack each other, strengths/weaknesses, gameplan. etc. when it just comes doewn to who has more cardio, then you know he's a bad dude.

VCURamFan
01-29-2009, 07:02 AM
when you have Matt Hughes picking you only if you're in shape, that should tell you all you need to know about who has more talent. when people talk about fights and strategies, it's always about how they will attack each other, strengths/weaknesses, gameplan. etc. when it just comes doewn to who has more cardio, then you know he's a bad dude.QFT

Hughes_GOAT
01-29-2009, 07:03 AM
double

VCURamFan
01-29-2009, 07:15 AM
as long as Fedor keeps crushing UFC champs (and he will), and Dana continues to duck Fedor's offer to have 1 fight, winner take all...Pride will live forever.

and let's not forget all the UFC guys going to Pride and losing....minus the ones Fedor crushed. and it's not like Nog didn't win the UFC title. did Liddell win any Pride title or did any other UFC guy win a belt at their respective weights?Dan & Wandi did...

Hughes_GOAT
01-29-2009, 07:39 AM
Dan & Wandi did...

Dan fought two matches in the UFC and has even said he was never a UFC fighter. he also fought in the Brazil Open before the UFC (two matches). Dan has as many fights in the UFC, now, as he did in RINGS. before his latest UFC fights, he had about 18 Pride fights to 2 UFC fights.

Wandi fought 3 times in the UFC over a year and a half period. he also fought in Pride and IVC during that time. in fact, he fought 3 times in Pride, same as UFC, but he did it in 4 months time, as opposed to about a year and a half in the UFC. before his latest UFC fights, Wandi has about 28 Pride fights and 3 UFC fights.

so i guess technically Wandi and Dan could be called UFC guys making it as a Pride champs because they fought there first, before Pride? but i won't ever buy it. they could also be called Brazil Open and BVF fighters over UFC fighters since they fought there first, before the UFC. it's where you fight the most, not where you started.

all the guys from the UFC who came to Pride, Pulver, Liddell, Coleman, Randleman, etc...all had many UFC fights. so they could be called UFC guys. 2 to 3 UFC fights doesn't make you a UFC guy in my opinion. especially if you have 18 to 28 more fights in another org.

VCURamFan
01-29-2009, 07:42 AM
Dan fought two matches in the UFC and has even said he was never a UFC fighter. he also fought in the Brazil Open before the UFC (two matches). Dan has as many fights in the UFC, now, as he did in RINGS. before his latest UFC fights, he had about 18 Pride fights to 2 UFC fights.

Wandi fought 3 times in the UFC over a year and a half period. he also fought in Pride and IVC during that time. in fact, he fought 3 times in Pride, same as UFC, but he did it in 4 months time, as opposed to about a year and a half in the UFC. before his latest UFC fights, Wandi has about 28 Pride fights and 3 UFC fights.

so i guess technically Wandi and Dan could be called UFC guys making it as a Pride champs because they fought there first, before Pride? but i won't ever buy it. they could also be called Brazil Open and BVF fighters over UFC fighters since they fought there first, before the UFC. it's where you fight the most, not where you started.

all the guys from the UFC who came to Pride, Pulver, Liddell, Coleman, Randleman, etc...all had many UFC fights. so they could be called UFC guys. 2 to 3 UFC fights doesn't make you a UFC guy in my opinion. especially if you have 18 to 28 more fights in another org.O, I know that they're PRIDE fighters. I was just arguing semantics.:wink:

Hughes_GOAT
01-29-2009, 07:47 AM
O, I know that they're PRIDE fighters. I was just arguing semantics.:wink:

semantics :tongue0011:

VCURamFan
01-29-2009, 08:05 AM
semantics :tongue0011:No, see, now I can right this off as homework. My senior philosophy seminar is the Semantics of Natural Language. I was just practicing!