PDA

View Full Version : watch it .

Mac
04-10-2009, 05:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsCdFIJll8E

VCURamFan
04-10-2009, 05:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsCdFIJll8EFantastic. I completely agree.

Mac
04-10-2009, 05:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4IbxUMWu8Q&feature=related

NateR
04-10-2009, 05:33 PM
I never thought I would agree with Penn and Teller on anything, but they're spot on here. :cool:

Awesome video!

I would say that I don't think President Obama is dumb enough to try to ban firearms during his Presidency, however his actions since getting inaugurated have proven to me that I've severely overestimated the man's intelligence.

Mac
04-10-2009, 05:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK2g0TGaAZA&feature=related

Primadawn
Watched it. Loved it.

Those stats on countries with those types of gun control laws were staggering!

I'm sending it to everyone on my address list.

Mac
I never thought I would agree with Penn and Teller on anything, but they're spot on here. :cool:

Awesome video!

I would say that I don't think President Obama is dumb enough to try to ban firearms during his Presidency, however his actions since getting inaugurated have proven to me that I've severely overestimated the man's intelligence.

I feel the same way 100%.

Im Ready.

Twinsmama
04-10-2009, 05:39 PM
That was a good video.

Some people may think I'm crazy but I'm work and my 38 is in a open drawer right beside me. I work in my office alone so I can only depend on me to protect myself. People that come in and sit at my desk can 't see it but it is always there. I feel naked if I don't have it with me. I hope to never have to use it but I wouldn't carry it if I didn't know the risk is there. I usually keep it in my purse and have my hand on it as I'm walking through any dark parking lot. I live outside of the city but everyday there is a new story of someone being raped, beaten or car jacked.

NateR
04-10-2009, 05:57 PM
I like that quote in the first video, "Mr. Smug might be able to call the police to protect him from a gang-banger; but who's he going to call to protect him from the police?"

Also, "We're talking about the violent overthrow of the US government and it's covered under free speech!" :headbanger:

NateR
04-10-2009, 08:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4IbxUMWu8Q&feature=related

That's a scary video. We can say that our military and police would never invade someone's home and confiscate their guns; but there it is happening on camera right before our eyes. What the National Guard and police are doing there is completely illegal and unconstitutional. The governor, who seems to think that public safety overrides the Constitution, should NEVER have given the military and police the authority to do what we see there.

Blmfighter
04-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Twinsmama,

Are you really that scared that you walk around with you hand on your gun? Don't get me wrong if we had the right to carry I would. walking around with a gun in your bag is different then walking around with your hand on it.

Maybe I'm dumb however I hope that I'm never scared enough that I have to walk around like that.

Using some skills like looking around and being aware of your enviorment could help keep you out of trouble more then a gun.

Vizion
04-10-2009, 08:57 PM
Yay for our new president!!! Once again he proves to be the most awesomest and smarterest politicians ever! (and he looks great in photographs too-thanks Oprah!) Yay!!:laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk9GwXJNM2c

Twinsmama
04-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Yes I am that scared. I keep it in my purse if I'm not at work. If I'm walking in a dark parking lot (like at the grocery store, my work w/no lighting or the mall) I have it on top of everything in my purse and keep my hand on it. I am more cautious when i have my 4 year olds with me. I must not have said clearly what I meant. I don't walk around waving it in the air or anything:laugh: I don't always walk around with my hand on it. I use common sense. We all learned about those "skills" when we were 6. A gun doesn't keep you out of trouble. I should also mention I understand when and when not to shoot someone. purse snatcher=no, someone running at me , warn -then shoot if they keep coming.

Obviously I look around while I'm walking and pay attn to the surroundings.:laugh: There has been 3 woman attacked in the last month in my county. I do live outside of town but it is still within 15 miles. An older lady was just beaten to death 2 days ago (by a 14 and 15 year old!), a woman and her 7 year old were got into her car and a man forced his way in (at a busy mall). She and her 7 year old were both shot in the head. there is a man that parks in my parking lot at work that sleeps in his truck. i've call cops to run him off but for some reason he keeps coming back and the cops don't do anything about it. Sometimes i work until 8 or 9 and it is pitch black w/ no lights. Any body outside can see i'm in here alone. I don't think it would be wise of me to walk out without some protection close by. There is actually an area under the stairs where someone could stand if they were hiding. Of course i should be home at that time and wouldn't have to worry about it...but i've got kids to feed so i need to work late sometimes. Also 4 invasions in the last 2 months in our county when the people were home!! 2 of them killed the intruders.

Sometimes skills won't keep you safe. I like to think I'm not scared of bad people, I know they are everywhere and I want to feel like I can protect myself and children if i have to.

I didn't mean to write a book but I don't want you thinking I'm a crazy person that has my gun in my hand all the time. What would you do it your skills didn't keep you safe? Or maybe better question what if they didn't keep your wife safe?

I also would like to say you are not dumb we just grew up different. I grew up around guns so it's not a big deal for me to carry one. some of my friends have never shot one and I don't think they should even consider carrying one. that may be more dangerous!:laugh:

Blmfighter
04-10-2009, 09:38 PM
I understand what you are saying, I just think that if it is that bad that you have to walk around with your hand in your bag on your gun then maybe you might want to think about moving.

Don't get me wrong I grew up around guns and I would shot someone if I had too. I can see having the gun with you at all times. It is just the walking around with your hand on it. If you are aware of what is going on around you, you should have enough time to get the gun out of your bag before something happens.

I don't think your wrong for doing it I just think if I was that scared that I would move. I know that it is hard to move and it is hard to find a new job and it cost to move and the whole deal. i just think that when people want something they can usually find a way to get it. If the crime gets much worse here I'm going back to the town I came from.

I don't think you should run away, I just think everyone should put themselves in a place that is safer. It is kind of like the guys in the ghetto that walk around with guns and pulling them out all the time. They say they have to because everyone has guns there. Well if they all feel that way what is the point they could all feel that they donít need guns and no one would have them. Where I come from if you have a problem with someone you donít shoot them you beat them down and then move on.

I hope this makes sense because Iím starting to get of topic.

sorry

Twinsmama
04-10-2009, 09:51 PM
I just think everyone should put themselves in a place that is safer. It is kind of like the guys in the ghetto that walk around with guns and pulling them out all the time. They say they have to because everyone has guns there.

Where I come from if you have a problem with someone you donít shoot them you beat them down and then move on.

Yeah I'm like the guys in the ghetto walking around pulling out my gun all the time because everyone else has them:laugh: :laugh:

This is where I come from but it's not the good ole days anymore and since I'm a woman I can't exactly put a beat down on someone:laugh:

it's almost 5 here so i need to get going to buy some more ammo!!:laugh: :laugh:

I'm just joking around with you i know exactly what you are saying and thanks for the concern.

NateR
04-10-2009, 10:02 PM
No offense; but, honestly, turning any sort of gun control discussion into a discussion about crime or hunting is really missing the whole point.

VCURamFan
04-10-2009, 10:03 PM
No offense; but, honestly, turning any sort of gun control discussion into a discussion about crime or hunting is really missing the whole point.I agree. I'm not planning on buying a handgun because I want to go hunting. I'm buying one in preparation of the day that the government decides that I'm not fit to make decisions anymore.

que
04-11-2009, 12:55 AM
i seriously doubt we have to worry about america wrangling us up in herds and exterminating us. no way in hell that will ever happen so people shouldn't even worry about it. but i see they were just trying to prove a point though.

i think intelligent people should be allowed to own guns but i think america needs to seroiusly change how they hand guns out. the rules need to be stricter... they need to do much, much more extensive background checking all around, and much much more. it is too damn easy to buy a gun in america right now. there are too many stupid people owning guns and people who shouldn't be owning guns in the first place.

NateR
04-11-2009, 01:52 AM
no way in hell that will ever happen so people shouldn't even worry about it.

Never say never. It's happened over and over again and I'm sure that all of the victims of these past atrocities thought that it could never happen to them either.

J.B.
04-11-2009, 04:42 AM
it is too damn easy to buy a gun in america right now.

This might the most ridiculous thing I have read in quite sometime. If you have ever legally bought a gun, you would know that is BS.

As for stupid people owning guns, that argument is silly. If they are gonna start taking things away from stupid people, they better start with vehicles.

NateR
04-11-2009, 05:09 AM
As for stupid people owning guns, that argument is silly. If they are gonna start taking things away from stupid people, they better start with vehicles.

Not to mention the definition of "stupid" is extremely subjective. Either way, any sort of infringement of basic human rights based on intelligence level is hovering dangerously close to a modern day eugenics movement.

J.B.
04-11-2009, 05:23 AM
Not to mention the definition of "stupid" is extremely subjective. Either way, any sort of infringement of basic human rights based on intelligence level is hovering dangerously close to a modern day eugenics movement.

Exactly my point.

I do understand what Que was saying, there are too many stupid people doing lots of stupid stuff. However, unless those "stupid" people violate the law, they are entitled to the same right to bear arms or drive a vehicle as anybody else.

timmyja
04-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Its a whole lot easier to purchase a gun in an illegal manner. The people committing the crimes are not law-abiding citizens, did not purchase them legally to begin with, and no matter what laws are in place will continue to purchase them illegally.. It is not right for my rights to be infringed on because of the actions of a select few. This is how easy it is...

The night of the Kampmann/Condit fight I had to wait THREE days for a background check for a Marlin .22 I purchased. Just a little something to plink around and shoot groundhogs and cans with (cheap to shoot, too) but I had to wait THREE days in VA to get it. That is BS.. I recently bought a Sig p239 (for CC purposes) and the wait for that was one week. It used to be a simple background check here, and you were good to go. Seems like we are in for just another "change."

:angry:

atomdanger
04-11-2009, 06:31 PM
haha I like Penn and Teller doing a little gun control bit.

I do feel like we need to be much harder on criminals who commit crimes with guns though.
I don't think taking guns away is the answer, but there are a LOT of guns on the streets, and they are doing a lot of bad.

We need to legalize marijuana, and spend the absurd amount of money from that fight to fight illegal guns, and gun criminals.

atomdanger
04-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Its a whole lot easier to purchase a gun in an illegal manner. The people committing the crimes are not law-abiding citizens, did not purchase them legally to begin with, and no matter what laws are in place will continue to purchase them illegally.. It is not right for my rights to be infringed on because of the actions of a select few. This is how easy it is...

Oh and you aren't exaggerating,
I could fairly easily go pick up any handgun you want (literally any) for under 250 dollars.
and the Portland metro area isn't even a very bad city at all, its a hippy town for the most part,
I imagine in places like LA or Detroit its even easier, esp for bad guys.

medic92
04-11-2009, 08:23 PM

You should take a look at their expose on PETA as well. They exposed them very badly for the frauds they are. Penn & Teller are equal opportunity attackers. :)

Obama has been exposed as not a highly intelligent person and great speaker, but simply nothing more than a showman who can only perform under close supervision and coaching. His various gaffes, missteps and obvious disconnect with the real world are quickly making many wish they hadn't cast a ballot for him.

I wonder how that hope and change is working out for the people who voted for Obama...