PDA

View Full Version : TUF 9.2 ***SPOILERS***

VCURamFan
04-09-2009, 03:05 AM
Jason Pierce is the one that passes out. He'd been trying to cut a ton of weight, from about 180 to 169. Then John David-Shackleford has a Herpes legian on his head. WTF!!!

VCURamFan
04-09-2009, 03:06 AM
Another guy still needs 2lbs off & passes out on the treadmill.

VCURamFan
04-09-2009, 03:08 AM
They've got replacements coming in for John & Christian (treadmill-boy).

TexasRN
04-09-2009, 03:14 AM
Either homedude worked out in a dirty gym and caught the herp's or he had his head somewhere he shouldn't've. I guess he could have cold sores on his mouth and he rubbed them so much he spread it to his forehead. Shoulda been on the drugs for suppression and saved himself from the shame of being announced as a herpes head on national tv.

~Amy

VCURamFan
04-09-2009, 03:19 AM
And now for the fights.

1) Mark Miller/Kevin Knabjian (170)
- Training partners now must fight to get into the house
- Kevin's pretty funny, I like him
- Good back & forth in the first round. Mark's def winning, it looks like he knows how to exploit Kevin
- Kevin comes out & listens to his corner, dropping Mark. Unfortunately, he doesn't capitalize. Mark gets up & then comes back & KOs him.

VCURamFan
04-09-2009, 03:20 AM
Either homedude worked out in a dirty gym and caught the herp's or he had his head somewhere he shouldn't've. I guess he could have cold sores on his mouth and he rubbed them so much he spread it to his forehead. Shoulda been on the drugs for suppression and saved himself from the shame of being announced as a herpes head on national tv.

~AmyIt looks nasty & puss-filled, too. I knew you'd like that, Amy!

TexasRN
04-09-2009, 03:22 AM
It looks nasty & puss-filled, too. I knew you'd like that, Amy!

Give me some gloves and I'll yank the scab right off it and make it bleed. Would make for great tv to watch him cry over it.

~Amy

VCURamFan
04-09-2009, 03:33 AM
2) Richie Wilson/Paul Bird (155)
- Paul plans to "kill this mother***er"
- Textbook striker vs. wrestler; Richie was picking him apart on the feet, then Paul executes some beautiful takedowns, but can't capitalize; Richie gets up & punishes him to the point that Paul takes a terrible shot & Richie ends up sinking in an RNC after the scramble

County Mike
04-09-2009, 03:40 AM
WTF Mazzagatti? He let that kid take a beating for almost the entire round. The kid covered up and never moved, but Mazz wouldn't stop the fight. The round ended without the guy moving.

County Mike
04-09-2009, 03:41 AM
It's a shame the two friends had to fight each other. They were both good enough to get into the house. Shame one had to go because they were both decent fighters. Would be cool to make it in the house and have a friend there with you.

VCURamFan
04-09-2009, 03:44 AM
3) Waylon Lowe/Santino de Franco
- Santino tried out & made Season 2, but had a brain anuerism (sp?); he's now had surgery & is healed up & back to make a run
- 1st Rnd & Lowe (with his belly-button tattoo!!) turns in the most obvious 10-8 round in TUF history; I mean completely pwned Santino; for about the first 30sec they were on the ground, Santino tried throwing up his legs for subs, but after that Lowe shoved him inot the fence & pounded on him
- 2nd Rnd is night/day different! Santino throws a perfectly timed knee as Lowe shoots in, then takes his back & chokes him out. Fantastic job!

County Mike
04-09-2009, 03:46 AM
Holy crap! The scaredy cat that shouldn't have made it past the 1st round just won in the 2nd with a surprise knee.

VCURamFan
04-09-2009, 03:47 AM
4) Jason Pierce/___ Berger
- Unimpressive figth with Pierce (the fainter) moving in

Dollar/Hayden
- Looks like Hughes/Gracie in favor of Hayden until Dollar slips out & chokes out Hatden

VCURamFan
04-09-2009, 03:56 AM
6) Damarques Johnson/Ray Elbe (170)
- Total domination by Johnson once it hit the ground; Elbe had been doing well standing but for some reason decided to shoot for the takedown, but ended up on his back mounted.

Buzzard
04-09-2009, 04:31 AM

~Amy

Yep, that will probably come back to haunt him.

logrus
04-09-2009, 04:36 AM
I cant believe you losers are watching that crap...

P.S the "loser" part was said jokingly and in fun...

P.S.S I meant the crap part though...

timmyja
04-09-2009, 09:58 AM
best quote of the show: "Dude, you have herpes. Your outta here."

County Mike
04-09-2009, 12:11 PM

What are the options on TV? Besides, the fights to gain entry isn't filled with the house drama. It's just some guys fighting. Who doesn't want to watch that?

KevinD
04-09-2009, 12:50 PM
best quote of the show: "Dude, you have herpes. Your outta here."

lol, just where was his head to get them herpes?

Llamafighter
04-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Give me some gloves and I'll yank the scab right off it and make it bleed. Would make for great tv to watch him cry over it.

~Amy

:scared0015:

:w00t:

rearnakedchoke
04-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Holy crap! The scaredy cat that shouldn't have made it past the 1st round just won in the 2nd with a surprise knee.
yeah man, dude took a beating ... surprised he got up and more surprised he landed that knee ... that other guy must be pissed it wasn't stopped .....

rearnakedchoke
04-09-2009, 02:10 PM

i'd rather watch this when i know all it is is fights, then wait til they are in the house and watch them trash the place, pulling upper deckers and eat each others ejaculate .... this is just an hour of fights ..........

GnP
04-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Jason Pierce is the one that passes out. He'd been trying to cut a ton of weight, from about 180 to 169. Then John David-Shackleford has a Herpes legian on his head. WTF!!!

Hahah another did not make weight also and to think you were laughing at team GB try outs. You guys will be lucky if you can keep enough disease free and on weight to fight, nothing like a proffesional approach to MMA :unsure: well done USA lol

County Mike
04-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Hahah another did not make weight also and to think you were laughing at team GB try outs. You guys will be lucky if you can keep enough disease free and on weight to fight, nothing like a proffesional approach to MMA :unsure: well done USA lol

I heard the UK guys don't really cut weight. They just fight a lot closer to their natural weight, which is why a lot of them don't look as ripped. If that's true, we'll see which is the better method: Cut weight and come in bigger but possibly exhausted from dehydration or natural weight to be more energetic yet smaller.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
04-09-2009, 06:35 PM
I think the guy from Tennessee got robbed! That fight should have been stopped!

F34R
04-09-2009, 06:46 PM
I heard the UK guys don't really cut weight. They just fight a lot closer to their natural weight, which is why a lot of them don't look as ripped. If that's true, we'll see which is the better method: Cut weight and come in bigger but possibly exhausted from dehydration or natural weight to be more energetic yet smaller.
Bisping seems to be doing just fine with that method.

County Mike
04-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Bisping seems to be doing just fine with that method.

Which method? Does he fight at his natural weight or has he taken a tip from the Americans and started to cut?

Define "Just fine". Beat a bunch of cans. Gained a BS decision over an injured Matt Hamill. Lost to Rashad. Probably going to lose to Henderson.

Primadawn
04-09-2009, 07:32 PM
I could barely force myself to watch this crap last night. Unbelievable.

And Ben: 2 rather important spelling errors--1. He had a herpes LESION not a herpes LEGION. If he had a LEGION of herpes I think he would have known it sooner!

2. It was PUS filled, not PUSS filled. If you don't know the difference between those 2 things...your future wife is in for quite a shock...:laugh:

VCURamFan
04-09-2009, 08:40 PM

And Ben: 2 rather important spelling errors--1. He had a herpes LESION not a herpes LEGION. If he had a LEGION of herpes I think he would have known it sooner!

2. It was PUS filled, not PUSS filled. If you don't know the difference between those 2 things...your future wife is in for quite a shock...:laugh:Hahaha, sorry. I don't have cable anymore, so I was watching online & trying to jump back & forth between the show & my account without missing anything. To be honest I'm surprised those are the only things I screwed up!

Tyburn
04-09-2009, 10:28 PM

2. It was PUS filled, not PUSS filled. If you don't know the difference between those 2 things...your future wife is in for quite a shock...:laugh:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I love you Dawn...will you marry me :happydancing:

GnP
04-10-2009, 01:06 AM
Which method? Does he fight at his natural weight or has he taken a tip from the Americans and started to cut?

Define "Just fine". Beat a bunch of cans. Gained a BS decision over an injured Matt Hamill. Lost to Rashad. Probably going to lose to Henderson.

Or beat guys that before every fight were "going to destroy him" especially in Jason Day they seem to only become cans once he has beaten them.

The win over Hamill while iffy is no where near as controversial as it has now been made to seem in my opinion. You could also make a very good case for him beating Rashad, either way no shame in loosing to the Champ at a weight class above where you should be fighting especially when you think what Rashad has done to the likes of chuck and Forrest since.

GnP
04-10-2009, 01:08 AM
Or beat guys that before every fight were "going to destroy him" especially in Jason Day they seem to only become cans once he has beaten them.

The win over Hamill while iffy is nowhere near as controversial as it has now been made to seem in my opinion. You could also make a very good case for him beating Rashad, either way no shame in losing to the Champ at a weight class above where you should be fighting especially when you think what Rashad has done to the likes of chuck and Forrest since.

On a side note I think cutting is more effective for real fighting however when you are fighting with no real prep time and in the very strange TUF set up it can lead to a rather embarrassing mess as we seem to see each season.

oops hit the dam quote not edit button

Primadawn
04-10-2009, 12:58 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I love you Dawn...will you marry me :happydancing:

If I wasn't already married Dave..I'd make you an American citizen! :laugh:

Tyburn
04-10-2009, 06:01 PM
If I wasn't already married Dave..I'd make you an American citizen! :laugh:
:cry: thats the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me :laugh:

warriorlion
04-10-2009, 10:06 PM

this just goes to show how little you know about the professional MMA scene here in the UK. All the UK guys that attended the TUF try outs cut weight, every one of them.

You are right about a lot of UK fighters fighting at closer to their natural weight, thats only due to the fact that in a lot of promotions in the UK it is same day weight ins, not of this got the whole day to rehydrate, so cutting at these shows especially for someone walking around at 200 is not going to be able to cut to 170 with ease while still being able to perform 2 hours later.

But all the top fighters in the UK cut. Even Dana said that the UK guys were ready, and the US ones were not, Dana even said the way it looks, the nUK guys are going to kill the US team.

As a pro fighter there is no way you should be missing weight. And there is no reas on to not be on weight going into the tuf, you know what weight you need a long time before you have to fight. these guys did their try outs last year for crying out loud. Its stupid not to make weight

County Mike
04-11-2009, 12:12 AM
this just goes to show how little you know about the professional MMA scene here in the UK. All the UK guys that attended the TUF try outs cut weight, every one of them.

You are right about a lot of UK fighters fighting at closer to their natural weight, thats only due to the fact that in a lot of promotions in the UK it is same day weight ins, not of this got the whole day to rehydrate, so cutting at these shows especially for someone walking around at 200 is not going to be able to cut to 170 with ease while still being able to perform 2 hours later.

But all the top fighters in the UK cut. Even Dana said that the UK guys were ready, and the US ones were not, Dana even said the way it looks, the nUK guys are going to kill the US team.

As a pro fighter there is no way you should be missing weight. And there is no reas on to not be on weight going into the tuf, you know what weight you need a long time before you have to fight. these guys did their try outs last year for crying out loud. Its stupid not to make weight

You're right. I don't know anything about MMA in the UK. That's why I wrote "I heard" at the beginning of my post. Was just saying that if they don't typically cut much weight, of course it's easier to be "ready to fight". If they're all cutting 20+ pounds like the Americans, then I have to wonder why so many of them still look so pudgy. :tongue0011:

warriorlion
04-11-2009, 09:51 AM
You're right. I don't know anything about MMA in the UK. That's why I wrote "I heard" at the beginning of my post. Was just saying that if they don't typically cut much weight, of course it's easier to be "ready to fight". If they're all cutting 20+ pounds like the Americans, then I have to wonder why so many of them still look so pudgy. :tongue0011:
who looked pudgy???

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/fightfinder/Pictures/Fighter_20524.jpg dean amasinger

http://www.fx3.org.uk/images/drewinner.jpg Andre Winner

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1SETNONqkfE/SK2Bv98CsuI/AAAAAAAAABo/Ht1I9kQVliA/s320/ross+pearson+profile.jpg Ross Pearson

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://photos-c.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v314/23/54/21198538935/s21198538935_674650_7250.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.facebook.com/pages/Widnes-United-Kingdom/WOLFSLAIR-mma-academy-PROFESSIONAL-FIGHT-TEAM/21198538935&usg=__PRVoAOyu3N7JLYjjABJF_sbUZiQ=&h=130&w=118&sz=6&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=S-iYWauZQMo54M:&tbnh=91&tbnw=83&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddave%2Bfaulkner%2Bwolfslair%26hl%3Den %26lr%3D%26rlz%3D1G1GGLQ_ENUK274%26um%3D1 dave faulkner

http://www.cherryactive.co.uk/sport/images/jeff_lawson_portrait.jpg jeff lawson

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2361/2427520963_a5a69675fd.jpg?v=0 maertin stapleton

need i go on

Tyburn
04-11-2009, 12:32 PM
You're right. I don't know anything about MMA in the UK.
:laugh: you will do soon when our team kicks your asses :happydancing:

warriorlion
04-11-2009, 11:31 PM
even better than my previous post. Heres all 8 of the UK team proudly displaying colours [yes there is a U in it ;)]

now which one was a bit pudgy???

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=883090253#/album.php?aid=2020841&id=1337771330&ref=nf

rockdawg21
04-12-2009, 04:53 PM
WTF Mazzagatti? He let that kid take a beating for almost the entire round. The kid covered up and never moved, but Mazz wouldn't stop the fight. The round ended without the guy moving.
Yeah, and then that kid won the next round. Pretty f'ed up for the guy who dominated that first round.

Tyburn
04-13-2009, 12:01 AM
Yeah, and then that kid won the next round. Pretty f'ed up for the guy who dominated that first round.
Well isnt it strange how the guy who won was the guy with the brain aneyerism? Dana Whites Favourite who reapplied after the second season! I dont mean to be harsh...but why should he be given special treatment to get into the house for recovering from an injury! :huh:

Sorry but Mazzagati just acted SO politically it was unbelievable...TWO mins of unanswered Ground and Pound...and the best he can do is warn Lowe about blows to the back of the head??

I'm dissapointed in TUF...WTF happened to Bisping??? how come the Americans got to view the British Trails...and the British DID NOT get to see the American??? so....Bisping knows NOTHING about the Americans...and Dan Henderson knows everything about the British...and yes...he was taking notes...

So already the UK is at a dissadvantage! :angry:

rockdawg21
04-13-2009, 02:12 AM
Well isnt it strange how the guy who won was the guy with the brain aneyerism? Dana Whites Favourite who reapplied after the second season! I dont mean to be harsh...but why should he be given special treatment to get into the house for recovering from an injury! :huh:

Sorry but Mazzagati just acted SO politically it was unbelievable...TWO mins of unanswered Ground and Pound...and the best he can do is warn Lowe about blows to the back of the head??

I'm dissapointed in TUF...WTF happened to Bisping??? how come the Americans got to view the British Trails...and the British DID NOT get to see the American??? so....Bisping knows NOTHING about the Americans...and Dan Henderson knows everything about the British...and yes...he was taking notes...

So already the UK is at a dissadvantage! :angry:
Yeah, that was just wrong on so many points. It's great he's back on the show, but IMO, he didn't earn it by getting pounded in the fetal position for 2 minutes.

I'm sure Bisping had the option to go to the Americans' matches, but maybe decided not to for some reason.

From the way it looks, the Brits are going to kill the Americans anyways. Even the ones who didn't make the show are WAY more prepared than the American fighters. It happens every season on TUF, but didn't see that with the Brits. I know it's a small population, but it seems that Brits have a more disciplined work ethic than Americans - at least maybe when it comes to combat sports. Of course, if one were to look at Ricky Hatton, his drinking would come to mind, lol

Tyburn
04-13-2009, 02:22 AM
Yeah, that was just wrong on so many points. It's great he's back on the show, but IMO, he didn't earn it by getting pounded in the fetal position for 2 minutes.

1)I'm sure Bisping had the option to go to the Americans' matches, but maybe decided not to for some reason.

2)From the way it looks, the Brits are going to kill the Americans anyways. Even the ones who didn't make the show are WAY more prepared than the American fighters. It happens every season on TUF, but didn't see that with the Brits. I know it's a small population, but it seems that Brits have a more disciplined work ethic than Americans - at least maybe when it comes to combat sports. Of course, if one were to look at Ricky Hatton, his drinking would come to mind, lol
1) If that be the case, he's even more stupid then he looks :laugh:

2) See I'm not falling for that trick...the editors made it look like the Americans were a load of dumbasses...but thats only because they made a spectical out of the guy who fainted, the guy who got herpes, and the guy who didnt make weight. Two were dismissed...so they dont even count...after the guy who fainted...what else made it look like the Americans were any worse then the British...

If you ask me...you had a winner with Mr Lowe...who Mazzagati sacrificed on demand to a guy with a brain issue...I'm not even sure a guy whose had brain surgery should EVER be fighting again

County Mike
04-13-2009, 12:19 PM
even better than my previous post. Heres all 8 of the UK team proudly displaying colours [yes there is a U in it ;)]

now which one was a bit pudgy???

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=883090253#/album.php?aid=2020841&id=1337771330&ref=nf

The redhead who's covered up in the flag. Maybe not pudgy, but I'd call him soft. He did know how to fight though.

rockdawg21
04-13-2009, 08:53 PM
1) If that be the case, he's even more stupid then he looks :laugh:

2) See I'm not falling for that trick...the editors made it look like the Americans were a load of dumbasses...but thats only because they made a spectical out of the guy who fainted, the guy who got herpes, and the guy who didnt make weight. Two were dismissed...so they dont even count...after the guy who fainted...what else made it look like the Americans were any worse then the British...

If you ask me...you had a winner with Mr Lowe...who Mazzagati sacrificed on demand to a guy with a brain issue...I'm not even sure a guy whose had brain surgery should EVER be fighting again
Well, even if you ignore what the editors showed, the overall quality of the fights from the Brits was much more impressive than the Americans. I think David Faulkner is going to kill everybody in the WW division.

I think so too. You could tell from looking at his body style that he's a VERY powerful wrestler. He whooped that dude's ass in the 1st round and got raped when they didn't stop the fight - it was even more pathetic than when James Thompson had Kimbo on the ground for 90 seconds with the G&P and not stopping the fight. I hope to see Lowe again real soon.

Well, Rocky had brain damage after fighting Drago and still managed to whoop Tommy Gunn's ass :laugh:

warriorlion
04-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Well, Rocky had brain damage after fighting Drago and still managed to whoop Tommy Gunn's ass :laugh:

and still managed a decision in yet another film!!!!