PDA

View Full Version : HIV-infected man killed with hatred

Hughes_GOAT
04-09-2009, 01:25 AM
He liked his women white, plain, even homely and probably lonely. They were co-workers, single-mom neighbours and ladies picked up in bars.

http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario/article/614215

NateR
04-09-2009, 02:33 AM
He cut a wide swath with his penis.

:scared0015:

:happy0198:

Hughes_GOAT
04-09-2009, 02:35 AM
that's not nice Nate

NateR
04-09-2009, 02:41 AM
that's not nice Nate

I know it's a tragic story, it's just hard to take it seriously with a line like that at the beginning. Anyways, I think HIV positive people should be branded with an H on their foreheads to prevent something like this from happening. When they develop full-blown AIDS, then just draw a line across the top of the H and it becomes a blocky A. :)

Hughes_GOAT
04-09-2009, 02:56 AM
I know it's a tragic story, it's just hard to take it seriously with a line like that at the beginning. Anyways, I think HIV positive people should be branded with an H on their foreheads to prevent something like this from happening. When they develop full-blown AIDS, then just draw a line across the top of the H and it becomes a blocky A. :)

they should be executed on the spot

Miss Foxy
04-09-2009, 02:17 PM
How awful what a sick B*stard!! Im sorry to say, but I believe that people with HIV/AIDS, HERPES, or anything else thats an incurable STD should have to wear a tag or something identifying them. I know its the other persons responsibility as well as far as not sleeping with just anyone, however we arent all perfect and when the heat arises well you know....:scared0011:

Moose
04-09-2009, 03:08 PM
How awful what a sick B*stard!! Im sorry to say, but I believe that people with HIV/AIDS, HERPES, or anything else thats an incurable STD should have to wear a tag or something identifying them. I know its the other persons responsibility as well as far as not sleeping with just anyone, however we arent all perfect and when the heat arises well you know....:scared0011:

Nazi Germany time!

NateR
04-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Nazi Germany time!

Typical brainwashed liberal response. :rolleyes:

However, we're talking about an evil bastard deliberately passing on the HIV virus. There's no cure for the disease and the liberal idiots like to pretend that "right to privacy" applies when you have a contagious, incurable disease. A simple mark on the forehead would prevent this from ever happening.

Moose
04-09-2009, 03:17 PM

However, we're talking about an evil bastard deliberately passing on the HIV virus. There's no cure for the disease and the liberal idiots like to pretend that "right to privacy" applies when you have a contagious, incurable disease. A simple mark on the forehead would prevent this from ever happening.

Stop with the brainwashed stuff. I come to my own conclusions. I just think it's funny that since ONE guy committed a horrible crime, you'd seriously consider having people with incurable and transmittable diseases branded.

Yeah, I could see where that would prevent a number of people from getting infected. I also could see where it could lead to a great deal of discrimination and worse.

Where's the personal responsibility Nate? You seem to preach it often, and I'm a big believer. When you sleep with another person, there's a risk that you assume.

Preach
04-09-2009, 03:19 PM
when the heat arises well you know....:scared0011:

Hey girl how you doin

NateR
04-09-2009, 03:22 PM
Stop with the brainwashed stuff. I come to my own conclusions. I just think it's funny that since ONE guy committed a horrible crime, you'd seriously consider having people with incurable and transmittable diseases branded.

Yeah, I could see where that would prevent a number of people from getting infected. I also could see where it could lead to a great deal of discrimination and worse.

Where's the personal responsibility Nate? You seem to preach it often, and I'm a big believer. When you sleep with another person, there's a risk that you assume.

Well, stop insulting anyone who doesn't toe the liberal party line and I'll stop with the "brainwashed" stuff.

Anyways, how about a compromise? Any HIV infected person who is found guilty of intentionally infecting others should get a brand on the forehead to prevent it from ever happening again. Either that or they just get the death penalty for murder.

Moose
04-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Well, stop insulting anyone who doesn't toe the liberal party line and I'll stop with the "brainwashed" stuff.

Anyways, how about a compromise? Any HIV infected person who is found guilty of intentionally infecting others should get a brand on the forehead to prevent it from ever happening again. Either that or they just get the death penalty for murder.

When did this happen?

Sounds good, get convicted of murder, be put to death. I'm cool with that.

NateR
04-09-2009, 03:38 PM
When did this happen?

Comparing Melissa to a Nazi would be one example.

rearnakedchoke
04-09-2009, 03:40 PM

Yes, the poor kids who get it from their parents or blood transfusions will have a lovely life then ...

Moose
04-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Comparing Melissa to a Nazi would be one example.

Quantum Leap was a lame TV show, it has no place in an argument. I never called Melissa a Nazi, I merely pointed out the irony of armbands and brands in our beloved country to Nazi Germany. Reread carefully, I'm sure it will become clearer.

rearnakedchoke
04-09-2009, 03:45 PM

I am not worried about people with HIV ... they are actually the least of my worries, i am more worried about things like TB, menigitis (for my kids) and the flu ... if i am having promiscuous and unprotected sex with many people and i end up getting HIV, who can i really blame? the person for not telling me? .. sure what this guy did was malicious, but there are worse things to worry about then people with HIV

Moose
04-09-2009, 04:15 PM
I am not worried about people with HIV ... they are actually the least of my worries, i am more worried about things like TB, menigitis (for my kids) and the flu ... if i am having promiscuous and unprotected sex with many people and i end up getting HIV, who can i really blame? the person for not telling me? .. sure what this guy did was malicious, but there are worse things to worry about then people with HIV

It's true. Personal responsibility. Someone sells you some super heroin and you shoot it up and you OD, that's on you, pal.

County Mike
04-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Sex with a stranger - use a condom.
Sex with someone you know and aren't married to - use a condom.
Sex with your spouse you might not completely trust - use a condom.

I don't think anyone infected should have to wear an "H" branded on their forehead. Branded just above the genitals, maybe. That way, the only people being warned are the one's that NEED to be warned.

Moral of the story: If you want casual sex, use a condom! Every time, the whole time.

Miss Foxy
04-09-2009, 04:46 PM
How about good samaritans that are trying to help someone out and they don't know they have HIV/AIDS? Like a cop/firefighter/paramedic who does not know someone has this disease and gets infected because they were acting out of heroics and did not put gloves on?

Miss Foxy
04-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Nazi Germany time!
Call it what you want...I don't knock you for your responses but its all gravy.. Must be the German in me!:laugh:

Miss Foxy
04-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Hey girl how you doin
Hey suga.. Were you doing that in the Respuisha voice from Norbet? hehe!!!:tongue0011:

County Mike
04-09-2009, 04:55 PM
http://theenvelope.latimes.com/media/photo/2007-02/27793109.jpg
How yoo doin'?

Preach
04-09-2009, 04:59 PM
:wink: Hey suga.. Were you doing that in the Respuisha voice from Norbet? hehe!!!:tongue0011:

Tyburn
04-09-2009, 09:31 PM

:huh: are you serious...it would also mark them out for persecution...and what about in Africa...where loads of people are born with AIDs?

What they should have is a published reigister of offenders that are known. :)

Tyburn
04-09-2009, 09:33 PM
How about good samaritans that are trying to help someone out and they don't know they have HIV/AIDS? Like a cop/firefighter/paramedic who does not know someone has this disease and gets infected because they were acting out of heroics and did not put gloves on?
they should always use gloves :ninja:

Miss Foxy
04-09-2009, 09:35 PM
they should always use gloves :ninja:
There are times when you don't have supplies with you and maybe they are trying to save a life. I don't know, but I just think about the "what if's" scenarios.. Call me a worry wart,...

Tyburn
04-09-2009, 09:38 PM
There are times when you don't have supplies with you and maybe they are trying to save a life. I don't know, but I just think about the "what if's" scenarios.. Call me a worry wart,...
Are you a medic :huh:

I think you find its called following standard procedure. You should assume that everyone is infectious...the assumption is they have an incurable disease

Besides...if you dont have abbrasions on your hands...you should be alright anyway. its not airborne :laugh:

Miss Foxy
04-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Are you a medic :huh:

I think you find its called following standard procedure. You should assume that everyone is infectious...the assumption is they have an incurable disease

Besides...if you dont have abbrasions on your hands...you should be alright anyway. its not airborne :laugh:
No im not a medic however lets assume I was and I was somewhere off duty and someone was bleeding to death or something crazy like that. Would I be ok with just walking away or would I do the right thing and try to assist mankind and the blood enters my body through my eyes or perhaps another way. You just never know. Im not gonna keep responding you have your view I have mine. I am for bracelets identifying HIV/AIDS carriers. Sorry, but in order to maintain law and order in a country thats running a muck we must lay some rules down.. And stick to enforcing them...

rearnakedchoke
04-09-2009, 10:20 PM

you know it is a tough call .... i wouldn't go as far as to brand people that are afflicted with this disease ... l

TexasRN
04-09-2009, 10:56 PM

You're way more likely to get Hep B or C from that than HIV. Besides, I will walk right on by if I need to. I will always, no hesitation, provide any and all life saving techniques to a child, but adults.....it depends. I carry gloves in my car just in case and most anyplace you go will have a first aid kit with gloves provided. If they die before I get my gloves, they were due to die anyway. Yeah, that's a little cold and yeah, I'll get some grief for it. But really, it's my right as a medical professional when I am off duty. I will have a family member or the person bleeding put pressure on a wound if necessary or tie a tourniquet above the site without getting gross amounts of blood on my skin.

~Amy

Bonnie
04-10-2009, 12:37 AM
Well, first, let me say, maybe they should take this murderer off his meds since he showed no conscience whatsoever that he could, and most probably was, spread this to any sexual partner.

And, Amy, it might sound cold to some, but everyone has to be sensible and safe in giving aid these days.

And, unfortunately, it's not only your health/life you have to worry about when rendering aid, but the person and/or his family might (most probably will) sue your a$$ to thank you for your trouble.

This isn't the first case where someone has deliberately tried to spread the disease (or sue a good semaritan).

Hughes_GOAT
04-10-2009, 12:39 AM

i had a patient like that in the Navy. i was messing with his I.V. without gloves because i was slacking and later i find out he was HIV positive, he picked up HIV in Thailand. poor guy, i could have told him the clean girls!!!:happydancing:

Hughes_GOAT
04-10-2009, 12:43 AM
Call it what you want...I don't knock you for your responses but its all gravy.. Must be the German in me!:laugh:

"you know the Germans make good stuff"--Vince the ShamWow guy

Hughes_GOAT
04-10-2009, 12:45 AM
This isn't the first case where someone has deliberately tried to spread the disease (or sue a good semaritan).

yeah there was this case where someone was doing CPR and broke the person's rib but they survived because of the CPR. they still sued and i think won?

TexasRN
04-10-2009, 12:53 AM
yeah there was this case where someone was doing CPR and broke the person's rib but they survived because of the CPR. they still sued and i think won?

General rule of thumb, if you don't break a rib you aren't pushing hard enough. Elderly folks's ribs just crumble and crunch with each compression. Feels weird.

~Amy

Bonnie
04-10-2009, 01:08 AM
General rule of thumb, if you don't break a rib you aren't pushing hard enough. Elderly folks's ribs just crumble and crunch with each compression. Feels weird.

~Amy

They don't snap, crackle and pop? :Whistle:

So....you been feel'n up some old folks, huh. :tongue0011:

atomdanger
04-10-2009, 01:57 AM
I am in no way saying this guy did anything right,
but those girls were pretty stupid.

I never understood why people cease using condoms when they sleep with somebody a couple times lol,
it makes no sense.

GO GET TESTED TOGETHER,
then talk about not using condoms.

atomdanger
04-10-2009, 01:59 AM
Sex with a stranger - use a condom.
Sex with someone you know and aren't married to - use a condom.
Sex with your spouse you might not completely trust - use a condom.

I don't think anyone infected should have to wear an "H" branded on their forehead. Branded just above the genitals, maybe. That way, the only people being warned are the one's that NEED to be warned.

Moral of the story: If you want casual sex, use a condom! Every time, the whole time.

Exactly.

Even if it isn't casual.

I laugh when people date a while then just stop using condoms.
Dating somebody for a few months doesn't take away the lifetime of sex you both had before you met one another,
GET TESTED.

Its free in most places, just go get tested

Hughes_GOAT
04-10-2009, 02:20 AM
They don't snap, crackle and pop? :Whistle:

So....you been feel'n up some old folks, huh. :tongue0011:

they're ribs Bonnie, not Rice Crispies :tongue0011:

matthughesfan21
04-10-2009, 02:38 AM
cops/firefighters/paramedics/and any health professions go through blood borne pathogen training to prevent that sort of thing from happening, they might be acting in heroics, but they still should follow their training which they have to complete to even do their job

matthughesfan21
04-10-2009, 02:42 AM
yeah there was this case where someone was doing CPR and broke the person's rib but they survived because of the CPR. they still sued and i think won?my cpr and first aid professor said if you are doing it right, the ribs should break, the whole purpose is to compress the rib cage which compresses the heart, after enough compressing a rib could break

Hughes_GOAT
04-10-2009, 02:46 AM
my cpr and first aid professor said if you are doing it right, the ribs should break, the whole purpose is to compress the rib cage which compresses the heart, after enough compressing a rib could break

which is why it's retarded to sue but even moreso that they probably won.

matthughesfan21
04-10-2009, 02:51 AM
which is why it's retarded to sue but even moreso that they probably won.
yeah, thats how ridiculous this countries legal system has become

Bonnie
04-10-2009, 04:04 AM
I am in no way saying this guy did anything right,
but those girls were pretty stupid.

I never understood why people cease using condoms when they sleep with somebody a couple times lol,
it makes no sense.

GO GET TESTED TOGETHER,
then talk about not using condoms.

That's true, but this guy seemed intent on making sure he "got" them. He could have easily put a hole in the condom. Were the women stupid in trusting him, uh, yeah! :scared0015:

Hughes_GOAT
04-10-2009, 05:26 AM
even condoms aren't good enough. you better be right about who you sleep with, condom or not because while the chance of infection is less with condoms, it's not close to 100% safe.:unsure:

Miss Foxy
04-10-2009, 06:16 AM
"you know the Germans make good stuff"--Vince the ShamWow guy
I love ur quotes!! lol.. As far as the Navy experience what a trip!! Sick!! Yeah and Thailand of all places! lol..He must really like beef!! hehe!!

Hughes_GOAT
04-10-2009, 06:23 AM
I love ur quotes!! lol.. As far as the Navy experience what a trip!! Sick!! Yeah and Thailand of all places! lol..He must really like beef!! hehe!!

i have quotes, movie lines, song lyrics, etc.....basically nothing useful unless i'm on a game show. :laugh:

you really have to do your homework in Thailand cause the guys look better than a lot of the women :scared0011:

Tyburn
04-10-2009, 11:30 AM
You're way more likely to get Hep B or C from that than HIV. Besides, I will walk right on by if I need to. I will always, no hesitation, provide any and all life saving techniques to a child, but adults.....it depends. I carry gloves in my car just in case and most anyplace you go will have a first aid kit with gloves provided. If they die before I get my gloves, they were due to die anyway. Yeah, that's a little cold and yeah, I'll get some grief for it. But really, it's my right as a medical professional when I am off duty. I will have a family member or the person bleeding put pressure on a wound if necessary or tie a tourniquet above the site without getting gross amounts of blood on my skin.

~Amy
I thought that would be your response :)

atomdanger
04-10-2009, 04:13 PM
That's true, but this guy seemed intent on making sure he "got" them. He could have easily put a hole in the condom. Were the women stupid in trusting him, uh, yeah! :scared0015:

From the sounds of what I read it seems he got them all to trust him into not using a condom.

But yeah, scary stuff!!!

Miss Foxy
04-10-2009, 05:31 PM

~Amy
No grief your the one that is more educated on the subject. I know in "real life" sometimes we have to seem cold to get by in our professions and in life. Just remember if im dying on the floor please save me! lol. I get tested often!! Kudos 2 u Nurse :wink:

TexasRN
04-10-2009, 07:00 PM
No grief your the one that is more educated on the subject. I know in "real life" sometimes we have to seem cold to get by in our professions and in life. Just remember if im dying on the floor please save me! lol. I get tested often!! Kudos 2 u Nurse :wink:

No worries. If you choke on a peanut in your beer at the fights in May I will not hesitate to administer the Heimlich. I may get a guy to do mouth to mouth if you're unconscious though. :cool:

I would actually only have a problem putting my hands on someone to save them if they have some crazy arterial bleed and I would have to stick my hand in the wound to pinch it off. Like I said, it just depends on the situation and all that jazz.

~Amy

Jonlion
04-10-2009, 07:33 PM

Herpes really isnt that bad!

It can just be an ulcer that arirves in certain place!

Not that i know from experiance but it holds an unfair stigma.

Dangerous one for me here! ha ha

Hughes_GOAT
04-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Herpes really isnt that bad!

It can just be an ulcer that arirves in certain place!

Not that i know from experiance but it holds an unfair stigma.

Dangerous one for me here! ha ha

depends on which one you're talking about? oral herpes or genital herpes? type 1 or type 2? both share about 50% of their DNA.