PDA

View Full Version : The scientific death of Jesus Christ

Hughes_GOAT
04-09-2009, 02:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wuat5MfE5F8

Vizion
04-09-2009, 02:14 AM
Very interesting...and too bad people allow for comments on this on Youtube...so many keyboard warriros go on the attack and try to smear believers...

Hughes_GOAT
04-09-2009, 04:31 AM
Very interesting...and too bad people allow for comments on this on Youtube...so many keyboard warriros go on the attack and try to smear believers...

they'll disable it soon

logrus
04-09-2009, 04:34 AM
Didn't the history channel disprove a lot of what is said in the video.

NateR
04-09-2009, 05:43 AM
Didn't the history channel disprove a lot of what is said in the video.

I wouldn't consider the History Channel a reliable source for truth. Their primary goal is entertainment and profit.

However, I wouldn't worry so much about finding scientific explanations for the events in the Bible. Science is only capable of explaining natural phenomenon. The Bible deals mostly in the super-natural. Thus the Bible is outside the scope of science.

BTW, there's something wrong with the video, it's not playing for me.

logrus
04-09-2009, 06:18 AM
I wouldn't consider the History Channel a reliable source for truth. Their primary goal is entertainment and profit.

However, I wouldn't worry so much about finding scientific explanations for the events in the Bible. Science is only capable of explaining natural phenomenon. The Bible deals mostly in the super-natural. Thus the Bible is outside the scope of science.

I don't remember much of what was said because to be honest I dozed off for a good chunk of it. The one part I remember is them testing the placing of the nails in Jesus's hands and coming to the conclusion that if placed in the spot that Jesus's weight and gravity would have tore completely off.

To be honest I cant remember if it was History channel or Discovery, just remember the nail in the hand part. As fo rthe Histrory channel I find myself watching it more and more. Stuff like B.C battles and Warriors are just a few I tend to watch..

Hughes_GOAT
04-09-2009, 07:13 AM

what's going on with your Mac? first your browser crashes from my huge gifs and now the video won't play?

NateR
04-09-2009, 07:17 AM
what's going on with your Mac? first your browser crashes from my huge gifs and now the video won't play?

It's this stupid wireless connection.

BTW, the video works now. It must have been a YouTube thing.

Llamafighter
04-09-2009, 12:53 PM
It's this stupid wireless connection.

BTW, the video works now. It must have been a YouTube thing.

I've had problems with youtube off and on where the video will perpetually load and never play.

rearnakedchoke
04-09-2009, 01:48 PM
I don't remember much of what was said because to be honest I dozed off for a good chunk of it. The one part I remember is them testing the placing of the nails in Jesus's hands and coming to the conclusion that if placed in the spot that Jesus's weight and gravity would have tore completely off.

To be honest I cant remember if it was History channel or Discovery, just remember the nail in the hand part. As fo rthe Histrory channel I find myself watching it more and more. Stuff like B.C battles and Warriors are just a few I tend to watch..

Well, i am not an expert, but the reason we depict the nails through the hands is in Jesus' conversation with Thomas saying, put your finger here and feel my hands ....

Miss Foxy
04-09-2009, 03:11 PM
ROFL... Keyboard warriors!! I love it.. Thats a good burn!! But your right all these tards trying to make a point a dead wrong point...

NateR
04-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Well, i am not an expert, but the reason we depict the nails through the hands is in Jesus' conversation with Thomas saying, put your finger here and feel my hands ....

And it's entirely possible that they could have tied His wrists while putting the nails through the palms of His hands to maximize His suffering. There's really no way to know. However, it's a minor detail and it's not like we don't know for a fact that Romans were famous for crucifixion. It's pretty much regarded as one of the most cruel, humiliating, and painful execution methods in human history.

rearnakedchoke
04-09-2009, 04:37 PM
And it's entirely possible that they could have tied His wrists while putting the nails through the palms of His hands to maximize His suffering. There's really no way to know. However, it's a minor detail and it's not like we don't know for a fact that Romans were famous for crucifixion. It's pretty much regarded as one of the most cruel, humiliating, and painful execution methods in human history.

Pretty much .. and scientists love to discredit Christianity .. my non-Christian friends always show me stuff like this ... i just tell them that if scientists or people in general put as much effort into discrediting other religions as they do Christianity, there would be wars over it and so much backlash ....

Crisco
04-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Pretty much .. and scientists love to discredit Christianity .. my non-Christian friends always show me stuff like this ... i just tell them that if scientists or people in general put as much effort into discrediting other religions as they do Christianity, there would be wars over it and so much backlash ....

God said if we are being picked on we must be doing something right :wink:

Tyburn
04-09-2009, 10:48 PM
Here is where Stigmata help.

Most stigmata victims have a hole in thier wrists, not their hands.

the position of the actual nail is not really clear, and it doesnt really matter, does it.

que
04-10-2009, 03:07 AM
all of the "science" in that video is simply speculation, not science. no one knows that kind of information unless they were actually there that day to record blueprints of the dimensions of the cross/nails/hole positions/etc, which no one did. i don't understand why some people care about the science of how he died, it doesn't matter. what matters is what he died for.