PDA

View Full Version : Insane Capoeira Knockout (mma match)

atomdanger
04-06-2009, 09:58 PM
http://www.cagepotato.com/must-see-insane-capoeria-knockout

*shudder*

Maldonado136
04-06-2009, 10:06 PM
that...was...awesome!!

Hughes_GOAT
04-06-2009, 11:43 PM
i can see Alves landing that on GSP :laugh:

Chuck
04-07-2009, 01:46 AM
That actually was pretty funny. I don't think it has a huge future in MMA but it was cool to see that's for sure!

rockdawg21
04-07-2009, 02:11 AM
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still see how a wrestler would have been able to take him down on several occassions. When he lands from those jumps, he's wide-open for an easy takedwon.

Still pretty awesome to watch!

Psykojojo
04-07-2009, 06:06 AM
I've never seen capo actually work like that (outside of a Tony Jaa flick), we had a guy come into the gym who was supposedly an expert in this foolishness and he wanted my coach to let him teach, we tooled him for 2 hours and never saw him again. It's just.....crap

Psykojojo
04-07-2009, 06:10 AM
didn't that hurt his damn foot?

Llamafighter
04-07-2009, 12:06 PM
I've never seen capo actually work like that (outside of a Tony Jaa flick), we had a guy come into the gym who was supposedly an expert in this foolishness and he wanted my coach to let him teach, we tooled him for 2 hours and never saw him again. It's just.....crap

It's history is pretty interesting and i guess everyone in Brazil does it to some degree (I'm guess it's like the electric slide)
It's my understanding that slaves used to do it as a way of practicing fighting while making it look like they were dancing.

Chuck
04-07-2009, 01:00 PM
It's history is pretty interesting and i guess everyone in Brazil does it to some degree (I'm guess it's like the electric slide)
It's my understanding that slaves used to do it as a way of practicing fighting while making it look like they were dancing.

I love watching it. I think it's history is fascinating.

Didn't the U.S. slaves have something similar? Maybe not but I seem to remember reading something about that.... :huh:

Llamafighter
04-07-2009, 02:10 PM
I love watching it. I think it's history is fascinating.

Didn't the U.S. slaves have something similar? Maybe not but I seem to remember reading something about that.... :huh:

They used song as a code for mapping escape routes to other slaves. Not sure about the dance but it wouldn't surprise me.

rockdawg21
04-07-2009, 03:09 PM
They used song as a code for mapping escape routes to other slaves. Not sure about the dance but it wouldn't surprise me.
That's kind of interesting. My wife is Filipino and they point with their lips instead of extending their arms and pointing with their fingers. I figure it has to be from all the years of being under rule by foreigners. Harder to spot somebody pointing with their lips than with the arms.

Chuck
04-07-2009, 10:55 PM

I remember the songs... but for some reason I thought they incoporated dance into their codes.

Maybe not. I've been wrong before :wink:

Hughes_GOAT
04-08-2009, 08:20 AM
Kung-Fu > Capoeira

http://i17.tinypic.com/4puem39.gif

Crisco
04-08-2009, 08:00 PM
That's kind of interesting. My wife is Filipino and they point with their lips instead of extending their arms and pointing with their fingers. I figure it has to be from all the years of being under rule by foreigners. Harder to spot somebody pointing with their lips than with the arms.

points with the lips you say.... hmmmmm