PDA

View Full Version : Wow... Feeling paranoid..

Crisco
04-06-2009, 08:38 PM
So I watched the entire series of Jericho the other day it got me thinking...

If now this is a big if Obama is the start of the NWO and all that good stuff I'm completely unprepared to defend myself... I live in NJ and the gun laws are terrible I have no means of self-defense and everyone in my area is no where near as paranoid as I am lol.

Am I going crazy? I'm going to get my rifle permit and start studying wilderness survival and all that stuff.

Anyone have any good book recommendation's? Or perhaps a good starter rifle for me to learn with? I have shot guns before but don't have the knowledge a lot of you have...

Tyburn
04-06-2009, 08:41 PM
:ninja: your not paranoid Crisco...I really am out to get you. :blink:

but it will have to wait...I cant make New York this October...sorrry :laugh:

Hughes_GOAT
04-06-2009, 08:45 PM
yeah, these politicians like to sneak in "New World" catch phrases in their speeches. most people don't know what that means so they just go along with it. the ones that do know, either think it's a conspiracy and nothing to worry about, or they actually believe it's legit.

rockdawg21
04-06-2009, 08:49 PM
You've already survived long enough living your life in New Jersey, I think you'll be just fine surviving through Obama's administration. :rotfl:

Study the history of the Marx, Stalin, and the Red Army and you'll learn a little more about Obama's thinking. Also, Mao Tse Tung's "Great Leap Forward" comes to mind.

County Mike
04-06-2009, 08:51 PM
pssst - black market firearms.

Crisco
04-06-2009, 08:52 PM
You've already survived long enough living your life in New Jersey, I think you'll be just fine surviving through Obama's administration. :rotfl:

Yea assuming that goes away without a hiccup.

There is the WHAT IF

logrus
04-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Jericho was one hell of a show, its a shame CBS axed it after the first season otherwise I think season two is written differently.

Crisco
04-07-2009, 02:36 AM
Jericho was one hell of a show, its a shame CBS axed it after the first season otherwise I think season two is written differently.

season two was actually still pretty awesome.

Good build up for a third one... especially the unaired ending to the series finale.

A damn shame it was axed fantastic show.

Mac
04-07-2009, 03:04 AM
Keep thinking like that crisco . Seriously .

dont care what rifle you buy , just make sure its chambered in 223. ar-15 is a good choice , just make sure its in 223.

The reason you want 223 is it is what the millitary or govt issues so in the heat of the moment , it will be plentiful, that guy curled up over in the corner , his clip will be full of 223 ammo so its now YOUR 223 ammo , the govt issues 223 or 5.56 mm its the same round and either will work in either rifle.

huan
04-07-2009, 03:24 AM
I would make sure it's 556 rather than 223 due to chamber pressure specs. The 556 round can run an additional 15k psi over 223.

You can fire 223 from 556 barrels safely, but not the other way around.

I agree though, you can't go wrong with an AR-15.

For an excellent read see:
So you want to buy an AR-15, huh? (http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81462)

Mac
04-07-2009, 03:32 AM
I would make sure it's 556 rather than 223 due to chamber pressure specs. The 556 round can run an additional 15k psi over 223.

You can fire 223 from 556 barrels safely, but not the other way around.

I agree though, you can't go wrong with an AR-15.

For an excellent read see:
So you want to buy an AR-15, huh? (http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81462)

i beg to differ. I know of several bushmasters that got fed almost 1000 rounds of 556 last year with no hickups. they were chambered in 223 and the 556 goes just fine.

NateR
04-07-2009, 03:34 AM
So I watched the entire series of Jericho the other day it got me thinking...

If now this is a big if Obama is the start of the NWO and all that good stuff I'm completely unprepared to defend myself... I live in NJ and the gun laws are terrible I have no means of self-defense and everyone in my area is no where near as paranoid as I am lol.

Am I going crazy? I'm going to get my rifle permit and start studying wilderness survival and all that stuff.

Anyone have any good book recommendation's? Or perhaps a good starter rifle for me to learn with? I have shot guns before but don't have the knowledge a lot of you have...

Well, if you are really that worried about it then I would suggest getting away from the large population areas. Cities are breeding grounds for crime and are the worst places to be in the middle of any disaster, natural or "man-caused" (aka: terrorism) :rolleyes:

(BTW, isn't "man-caused disasters" a little sexist? I guess the current administration doesn't think women are smart enough to pose a threat. :laugh: )

Also, big cities are always the prime targets for terrorism because they offer so much more potential for loss of life than rural areas. So, I would plan to move away from any large metropolitan areas as soon as possible.

huan
04-07-2009, 03:44 AM
i beg to differ. I know of several bushmasters that got fed almost 1000 rounds of 556 last year with no hickups. they were chambered in 223 and the 556 goes just fine.
I don't doubt it at all. I just wouldn't recommend it for all .223 caliber rifles. Granted it's probably safe from most AR-15s out there, it's just one of those safety things where I would never risk firing the 556 from a slightly smaller 223 barrel. Pressure increases dramatically when you shrink the barrel slightly. If you're shooting 556 loaded to max spec (~60k psi?), you're probably 20-30% above 223 pressure specs.

Mac
04-07-2009, 03:46 AM
I don't doubt it at all. I just wouldn't recommend it for all .223 caliber rifles. Granted it's probably safe from most AR-15s out there, it's just one of those safety things where I would never risk firing the 556 from a slightly smaller 223 barrel. Pressure increases dramatically. If you're shooting 556 loaded to the max 556 spec, you're probably 20-30% above 223 pressure specs.

Gotcha , yeah i cant say id feed a 556 to an over the counter bolt stevens 223 but i think that most ar platforms can handle the load very well , thats why i was telling him to buy the ar .

Last time i knew it was a 9 month wait on dang near any ar

huan
04-07-2009, 03:50 AM
Gotcha , yeah i cant say id feed a 556 to an over the counter bolt stevens 223 but i think that most ar platforms can handle the load very well , thats why i was telling him to buy the ar .

6 mos and still waiting for a 6.5 grendel upper from Alexander Arms :sad:

TexasRN
04-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Well, if you are really that worried about it then I would suggest getting away from the large population areas. Cities are breeding grounds for crime and are the worst places to be in the middle of any disaster, natural or "man-caused" (aka: terrorism) :rolleyes:

(BTW, isn't "man-caused disasters" a little sexist? I guess the current administration doesn't think women are smart enough to pose a threat. :laugh: )

Also, big cities are always the prime targets for terrorism because they offer so much more potential for loss of life than rural areas. So, I would plan to move away from any large metropolitan areas as soon as possible.

If anything happens, I am heading to the gym and moving into the barracks. I just decided. Besides, ya'll will need me for healthcare. I gotta make sure Matt stays healthy. :laugh:

~Amy

internationalharvester
04-08-2009, 09:04 PM

lol i actually just bought a 223 stevens last friday, i know its no ar but i didnt want to wait and wanted something cheaper to shoot than the .270, i know Mac says go with the ar but it is a nice little rifle and im perfectly happy with it