PDA

View Full Version : BLOG: UFC Countdown Show

NateR
04-05-2009, 07:36 PM
From Matt's blog:

As for me it's been training, eating and sleeping. Trying to spend as much time with the family as I can, but there's just not a whole lot to talk about for an interesting blog. This week went great at the gym and, at the end of the week, a camera crew came by the gym to shoot some video footage for the UFC Countdown Show. Here are some stills from that:

http://www.matt-hughes.com/images/blogimages/05APR09/IMG_3780.jpg
http://www.matt-hughes.com/images/blogimages/05APR09/IMG_3790.jpg
http://www.matt-hughes.com/images/blogimages/05APR09/IMG_3861.jpg
http://www.matt-hughes.com/images/blogimages/05APR09/IMG_3926.jpg

A little over a month ago, I bought 16 acres that bordered my property. In the middle of that land is a pond that needs to be cleaned out. It's only about 6-8 feet deep, so I started draining water out of it and realized that it is a pretty good mudhole for a truck. Here's a photo of my old pulling truck that is now jacked up with 44" boggers and a big block Chevy engine.
http://www.matt-hughes.com/images/blogimages/05APR09/IMG_3966.jpg
I've got a 502 that's pretty radical that I wanted to put in the truck, but I can't find the flywheel for it.

Here're a couple of videos of us and some buddies on Saturday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqD6bG6TcZM

The second video is Mark playing around on a 4-wheeler. Typical to Mark's style, his 4-wheeler was up in the shed, this happened to be his buddy's. At the end of the day we ended up with both trucks stuck along with the dozer, but we found a tracked tractor to pull them all out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WwLkATk9wI

This weekend, Pena comes to the gym, looking forward to getting in some good time with him as the training continues. I will let you all know when I find out more from Dancing with the Stars. -matt

matthughesfan21
04-05-2009, 08:03 PM
so the dancing with the stars was not a joke, intersting,....can't wait for the countdown show as well, and of course the fight

NateR
04-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Here's the sunken truck: :laugh:
http://www.matt-hughes.com/images/blogimages/05APR09/IMG_3972.jpg

J.B.
04-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Awesome Matt! Good to see you back in the gym getting ready to tear Serra a new one!

Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya
04-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Cant wait to watch the countdown!!!!
:jumping0045: :jumping0045: :jumping0045:

Boys and their Toys!!!!:)
Looks like good ole fashioned fun!

We have had our share of those moments....getting everything stuck!:Whistle:
It began with a four wheeler to two different trucks....had to resort to the
tractor!!!!

Fun in the Mud!!!!:)

Llamafighter
04-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Looks like fun, Matt! It was hilarious that Mark kept that 4-wheeler going as long as he did!
Nate, how the heck did you keep the mud off your camera?

NateR
04-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Nate, how the heck did you keep the mud off your camera?

I didn't, some mud actually got into the camera and interfered with the connections and screwed up the recording. Mark took that 4-wheeler into the water a couple of more times before getting it stuck, but that footage was ruined by the mud in the camera.:sad:

Llamafighter
04-05-2009, 09:17 PM
I didn't, some mud actually got into the camera and interfered with the connections and screwed up the recording. Mark took that 4-wheeler into the water a couple of more times before getting it stuck, but that footage was ruined by the mud in the camera.:sad:

Bummer! I cracked up when Matt said to the other guys" I got it guys, you just stay over there and stay dry".

VCURamFan
04-06-2009, 12:39 AM
Psh. Dumb rednecks! :laugh:

TexasRN
04-06-2009, 12:41 AM

You say that like you're jealous.....

~Amy

VCURamFan
04-06-2009, 12:50 AM
You say that like you're jealous.....

~AmyO, I totally am. I wish I lived like that.

Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya
04-06-2009, 01:39 AM
Having too much fun......with money to burn!:)

Bonnie
04-06-2009, 01:47 AM
Nate, you need to get you one of those protective cover things like the newsmedia people use when it's raining and stuff to protect their cameras.

It seems like they spend more of their time trying to dig themselves out than mudd'n.

Like Dr. T said, "boys and their toys..." :rolleyes: :laugh:

Nate do you get to ride in the truck too?

Mac
04-06-2009, 04:48 AM
Looks awsome , Cant wait to get the blazer in there and woller it around a little.

MattHughesRocks
04-06-2009, 05:01 AM
A little...yeah right :laugh:

Looks awsome , Cant wait to get the blazer in there and woller it around a little.

internationalharvester
04-06-2009, 06:42 AM

haha Mac I was just talking about the blazer last night lol I was there the night that group of idiots got stuck at Bendler's Bottom and she got broke tryin to pull out a lifted doodge haha happened to run into one of those guys

County Mike
04-06-2009, 11:42 AM

LOL

Would love to have the land, toys and money to do such things. :(

Llamafighter
04-06-2009, 11:52 AM

Be sure to wear a life jacket! :laugh: :laugh:

Bonnie
04-06-2009, 02:00 PM
You know what they need, those air bags like firemen use to jack things up at emergencies. They could act like floaties in water that deep. Either that or go James Bond and put a boat propellar in the back you can just lower down. :wink:

Twinsmama
04-06-2009, 03:15 PM
My husband's truck is just like that one except Red and silver 2 tones. He even has the same homemade lift for the front to level it out! His has 44 boggers and a 454 too. We are going mudding in May and I can't wait. We have a small mud strip next to our house but it is just for spinning out not really mudding.

You guys sure mud different there than we do here. Here there is usually a lot more mud than water (we are constantly in a drought). Mac, Why did Matt shut the truck off when he got stuck? won't that cause water to get sucked in and hydrolock the motor? that poor 4wheeler was wishing it had a snorkel!

If I can figure out how next time I'll take a video of my husband mudding and show you how we do it down here!

Mac
04-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Mac, Why did Matt shut the truck off when he got stuck? won't that cause water to get sucked in and hydrolock the motor? !

Well i really dont think he had an option , That ford wasnt going to get close enough to him to hook a strap , and even if it did it more than likely wouldnt have budged him . The dozer was a good deal away , so killing it was pretty much the only option lol. Ive never personally witnessed one get hydrolocked but i have heard of it happening . Ive been bouncing around through ponds and smacked a stump which bounced the floats in the carb hard enough to kill it , never had a problem with em sucking water ,

Bought a brand new polaris a couple years ago like the one Mark was riding and within 3 hours of owning it i had it back in the creek and the only thing showing was the headlight and handle bars lol. Those machines are extremely water tight and damn near float. The only reason it died is it couldnt push the water out the exhaust fast enough . Lifted the rear end high enough so it could push the water out and wham , it fired right up no problems.

Mac
04-06-2009, 07:00 PM
haha Mac I was just talking about the blazer last night lol I was there the night that group of idiots got stuck at Bendler's Bottom and she got broke tryin to pull out a lifted doodge haha happened to run into one of those guys

Yup , that dodge was in past its headlights , only thing showin was hood ornament and windshield and someone told me it was a stock truck so i figured i could tug it out , Not till after i pointed the rear pinion at the floor boards and shot the rear shaft out the side did someone tell me it had 6 inches of lift and 38's or 35's , and it was burried past the friggin headlights lol . I could still move with just the front axle pulling . That was the night that i went home and drug the 3/4 ton axles out of the shed and put them in it the next week.

It took a d8 dozer down there the next day to get that guy and the rest of them out. The neatest part about that night was my passenger was an on duty shelby county sherrifs deputy ha ha ha , Cody LOVES that blazer.

Jonlion
04-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Looks a llot of fun!!!!!!

Boomer
04-07-2009, 03:44 PM
:laugh: Now that looks like a good time!!! I don't have the bandwidth to see the videos. Ill have to book mark them for later ...

I'd have been the first one in the mud. :ninja: :w00t:

internationalharvester
04-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Yup , that dodge was in past its headlights , only thing showin was hood ornament and windshield and someone told me it was a stock truck so i figured i could tug it out , Not till after i pointed the rear pinion at the floor boards and shot the rear shaft out the side did someone tell me it had 6 inches of lift and 38's or 35's , and it was burried past the friggin headlights lol . I could still move with just the front axle pulling . That was the night that i went home and drug the 3/4 ton axles out of the shed and put them in it the next week.

It took a d8 dozer down there the next day to get that guy and the rest of them out. The neatest part about that night was my passenger was an on duty shelby county sherrifs deputy ha ha ha , Cody LOVES that blazer.

haha not gonna lie Mac, you were pretty p!$$ed that after you shot that shaft....as for runnin into you this weekend i forgot to mention i just bought a little savage 223 on friday from max, know i should have waited and got the ar but thats later on......savin money to get a DPMS PantherBull 24 Special, haha just like the one brock bought off of mike

CAVEMAN
04-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Just the good ol' boys,
Never meanin' no harm!

:laugh:

That is awesome!

Blmfighter
04-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Nate, what kind of trans is in Matt's truck? I might have a flywheel that will work.

Mac
04-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Nate, what kind of trans is in Matt's truck? I might have a flywheel that will work.

It takes a special flywheel for a 502 , one piece rear main . I imagine the trans is you standard sm465

Blmfighter
04-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I have a buddy that has a 502 and he always buys extra parts. I thought maybe he had a th400. The Munice is a good trans, I guess with the low gearing that trans would be a good one for mudding.

What year is the motor? All the 91-current year 454-502 takes the same flywheel.

Blmfighter
04-07-2009, 09:05 PM
mac, do you know if he has a 10.5 or 11" clutch?