PDA

View Full Version : ESTA

Tyburn
04-05-2009, 04:07 PM
:mellow:

Electronic System for Travel Authorisation.

The United States of America now refuse entry to anyone from England who is not Registered :unsure-1:

This weekend is my Flight booking weekend.

I am checking that all the requirements that might scupper my travel is sorted out. This will involve

Passport
visa restrictions
international flight to and from
National flights
Sorting travel around the United States

soooo...if you are on my list as a host, or as a principle person I'm going to meet dont be suprised if I PM you with a lot of questions like "where is your nearest Airport" :laugh:

The good news is that my passport is fine, and I'm just about to file entry into the US database :ninja:

Bonnie
04-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Just tell them you want to be an illegal immigrant and you're just giving them the "heads up" because that's what you Brits do...everything all polite and proper.

I'm sure you'll have no trouble entering then. :wink:

Tyburn
04-05-2009, 04:25 PM
:w00t: They Approved me :laugh:

But they did say I still have to face the Customs officer on entry, as per usual :happydancing:

Tyburn
04-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Just tell them you want to be an illegal immigrant and you're just giving them the "heads up" because that's what you Brits do...everything all polite and proper.

I'm sure you'll have no trouble entering then. :wink:
the funniest thing Bonnie...is the form is mainly a questionnaire asking questions like

"do you wish to enter the US for espionarge purposes, or for Genocide" :huh: WTF :blink:

it asked me if I'd ever stolen custody of a child from a US citizen :scared0015:

Bonnie
04-05-2009, 04:36 PM
the funniest thing Bonnie...is the form is mainly a questionnaire asking questions like

"do you wish to enter the US for espionarge purposes, or for Genocide" :huh: WTF :blink:

it asked me if I'd ever stolen custody of a child from a US citizen :scared0015:

So....what were your answers? :Whistle:

:laugh:

Tyburn
04-05-2009, 05:13 PM
So....what were your answers? :Whistle:

:laugh:
no :ashamed:

Primadawn
04-05-2009, 06:18 PM

HA! Well...spies and terrorists have scruples when it comes to lying, you know..

Tyburn
04-06-2009, 12:24 AM
:unsure-1:

Well things are looking a TAD difficult with bookings. Firstly...how come the bloody internal flights cost so much in America :angry: Why is it that flying to New York costs more then an international flight when your only flying from a few States away...sorry...but thats FUBAR if ever the case could be made :blink:

and whats with these damn sites that do return air fares...but NOT from different places...I dont want to return FROM Virginia just because I'm arriving there :frantics:

So I'm in consultation with other forms of travel...like Amtrak...which seems to be good...and Grayhounds...which...are alright but they dont seem to take bookings from outside of the United States...well thats just FUBAR aswell...since you'd assume normal people in America wouldnt be using the American form of The National Express if they had their own cars would you??

I mean...do you see Boomer traveling on Greyhounds :huh: I mean,..really!!

So its getting irritating. I am hoping that it could be alright though...on Ave everywhere I want to travel in the US by bus or train is around 100 (not sure if thats in dollars or Stirling actually :unsure: ) I can get a return from the same place for just over 300Stirling...I'm trying to get the return from a different place for around that...thats about 500 in total...then there is the blasted bloody plane to New York which I cant avoid...but thats all good...it would all be around 600-800 which is my limit for spending on travel

Tomorow I research more thorougly...I was reading flight time tables with my eyes, and listening to Michael Bisping shout instructions to his favourites before they even won, (I was trying to watch TUF at the same time) :wacko:

In other bad news...my Virgina Host has bailed on me :rolleyes: but that might be a favour in disguise...:ninja:

Bonnie
04-06-2009, 01:11 AM
Dave are you going through a travel agency or booking all of this on your own?

TexasRN
04-06-2009, 01:17 AM
I thought Dave was busting out with some Spanish there for a second. :unsure-1:

~Amy

Hughes_GOAT
04-06-2009, 01:57 AM
:
In other bad news...my Virgina Host has bailed on me :rolleyes: but that might be a favour in disguise...:ninja:

heh heh, it worked

VCURamFan
04-06-2009, 02:17 AM
Actually, I may be bailing on you, as well, Dave. I've got an opportunity to possibly move to South Carolina in mid-August.

Tyburn
04-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Actually, I may be bailing on you, as well, Dave. I've got an opportunity to possibly move to South Carolina in mid-August.
this was someone who was actually providing accomodation though

You werent doing that Ben...so you are free to bail anytime...:laugh:

but dont do it...i'm far better then anything you'll meet in Carolina :blink:

Tyburn
04-06-2009, 09:54 AM
Dave are you going through a travel agency or booking all of this on your own?
i'm booking it myself, because I only have very limited funds :unsure-1:

TexasRN
04-06-2009, 10:39 AM

Where in SC? I used to live in Charleston many years ago. The cool people live in NC though.

~Amy

Tyburn
04-06-2009, 10:55 AM
:sad: its looking less and less likely that New York is going to be viable...such a shame when there is such a massive Forum Hub in that area :unsure-1:

I might have to fly a few days later then expected to cover virginia, then chicago to Iowa, then Iowa to missouri...and then it might have to be back to virginia to cover washington before flying home

I want to do New York...but I get the impression there might be more to see there then I can do in three days (flights in and out included in those days) and flying in and flying out is an absolute nightmare...even by that amtrak thing...the length of time doesnt worry me...we are talking a few hours :unsure: from Saint Louis Missouri all the way to New York City :laugh: but the thing is...the price is still the same...

New tork might have to be a third tour... :blink:

Tyburn
04-06-2009, 11:00 AM
I still have spots on the west coast and south that require a visit some time

The good thing is...if I dont try to do them all at once I might be able to cover more, more frequently :laugh:

Why is New York sooo expensive :huh: Its the American equivilent of London in terms of cost...and absolute bloody nightmare :cry:

Tyburn
04-06-2009, 11:33 AM
I tell a lie...it is kinda possible...but I'm waiting on replies from those due to meet me in New York.

So Primadawn, countymike, spiritwalker, llamafighter and Crisco...please check your PMs and reply to me ASAP:ninja:

Tyburn
04-06-2009, 11:38 AM
For everyone else...

14th 15th Sept Washington DC
16th Sept Virginia Beach
17th 18th Sept Richmond Virginia
19th sept Chicago
20th Sept ?
21st Sept Illinois
22nd-24th Sept MFS
25th Sept Moline Iowa
26th-29th Sept HIT Squad
30th 1st New York (hopefully)
2nd fly home from Virginia

Tyburn
04-06-2009, 03:33 PM
It is Done :happydancing:

Ive now booked and paid for the flight from Liverpool to Washington, and the return from Washington To Liverpool (in time to get to my hotel then go to Cage Gladiators on the day of my return) plus cancellation insurrance

With the New York leg now cancelled, I dont arrive in Washington until September 15th, and 30th-2nd is now spent discovering the City of Washington, and not New York

So far the cost is 400 stirling :scared0015:

The next bookings will be for the amtrak journeys between Richmond and Chicago, and Saint Louis and Washington. The Journey between Chicago and Davenport will have to wait until I have better clarity of what im actually doing in Chicago and what places I'm visiting between there and Iowa...and I'm giving serious consideration to a flight between Quad Cities and Saint Louis... LOL

Llamafighter
04-06-2009, 03:50 PM
I thought Dave was busting out with some Spanish there for a second. :unsure-1:

~Amy
:laugh: That is EXACTLY what I thought!:laugh:

Dave, check Hotwire.com for your domestic flights. they can get you some pretty low prices thsi far out!

Tyburn
04-06-2009, 03:59 PM
:laugh: That is EXACTLY what I thought!:laugh:

Dave, check Hotwire.com for your domestic flights. they can get you some pretty low prices thsi far out!
:ninja: ooooh good idea.

I've looked at Amtrak and it seems simple...except for a case of the fact they wont issue tickets except to Canada outside of themselves...they say that doesnt matter because you can get your tickets through quikie machines...

...but I dont like trusting anything called quickie :laugh: so I've emailed them... (they say I should get a reply in 24 hours which is not bad going for a company that size!)

Hotwire you say :ninja: I shall have to look at that aswell...price comparison :happydancing:

Tyburn
04-06-2009, 06:15 PM
Amtrak Customer Services have said hello...and that they are passing me over to the "International Service desk" :happydancing:

Now...why cant we have English multinational firms respond this quickly :huh:

Hughes_GOAT
04-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Where in SC? I used to live in Charleston many years ago. The cool people live in NC though.

~Amy

lol at Charleston! they still have the shackles hanging from where they would sell slaves.

Tyburn
04-09-2009, 07:51 PM
:unsure-1: I just heard from Amtrak...and they said that I cant get my tickets sent to me. I can book...but I wont get them til I turn up at the station

Still

I havent much choice. Time to decide which to book with Amtrak and which internal flights to do :happydancing:

Blmfighter
04-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Dave,

When you go to the HIT if you take the train you might go right though my town of Bloomington. If I might be able to take you to the HIT Squad. If you leave from Chicago then I know it comes here on the way down there. I will ask my wife and see if we have anything going on that day. What do will you be going down there?

Tyburn
04-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Dave,

When you go to the HIT if you take the train you might go right though my town of Bloomington. If I might be able to take you to the HIT Squad. If you leave from Chicago then I know it comes here on the way down there. I will ask my wife and see if we have anything going on that day. What do will you be going down there?
:) Actually, I shall be heading North from Missouri to get to HIT Squad

I am visiting Chicago...however, I shall be coming into it, as I understand, from the East, and leaving it by the West. Then I shall likely be flying from Quad Cities airport to Saint Loius.

So...I might fly over you. However. Hopefully we will still be able to meet up when I'm in the area I have about three or four days at that point on my tour, that plenty to see some of Southern IL beyond HIT Squad itself.

Blmfighter
04-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Did you buy your tickets yet? If you decided to go to chicago and then the HIT Squad. A train ticket from Chicago to Bloomington is $12 bucks. I could pick you up and drive you the rest of the way.

Tyburn
04-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Did you buy your tickets yet? If you decided to go to chicago and then the HIT Squad. A train ticket from Chicago to Bloomington is $12 bucks. I could pick you up and drive you the rest of the way.
:) I am going to Iowa first to see MFS :w00t: