PDA

View Full Version : UFC 98 Preparation Thread

Pages : [1] 2

VCURamFan
01-26-2009, 05:37 AM
OK, so we had one of these on the old forums, so I figured I should re-start this before we lose more time. Could I get a mod to sticky this for me?

When you respond to this thread for the first time, please quote the following questionnaire portion & fill it out. Hopefully this will help us be able to organize who's going, when, for how long & for what, etc.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
UFC 98 Preparation Questionnairre
Are you going? __________________________________________________ __________

Are you bringing anyone? __________________________________________________ __

Where are you coming from?_____________________________________________ _____

How are you getting to Vegas?____________________________________________ _____

When are you getting to Vegas?____________________________________________ ____

Where are you staying in Vegas? _______________________________________________

Would you like/want to room with other forumite(s)?________________________________

Where are you sitting at the event ($100, $200, etc.)?_______________________________

Would you like/want to sit with other forumite(s)?___________________________________

What other plans (if any) do you have for Vegas?____________________________________

When are you leaving? __________________________________________________ _____

OK, people, let's go!

matthughesfan21
01-26-2009, 05:42 AM
OK, so we had one of these on the old forums, so I figured I should re-start this before we lose more time. Could I get a mod to sticky this for me?

When you respond to this thread for the first time, please quote the following questionnaire portion & fill it out. Hopefully this will help us be able to organize who's going, when, for how long & for what, etc.

Would you like/want to room with other forumite(s)?________________________________

Where are you sitting at the event ($100, $200, etc.)?_______________________________

Would you like/want to sit with other forumite(s)?___________________________________

What other plans (if any) do you have for Vegas?____________________________________

OK, people, let's go!

I originally thought I was, but I had to buy books and all that, and I am not taking out a loan to go to the fights, so I unfortunately will be missing it, i wanna go so bad, but its just gonna be able to work out unfortunately

VCURamFan
01-26-2009, 05:47 AM
OK, my answers:

Are you going? Yes, as of right now

Are you bringing anyone? *Maybe* a buddy of mine, but probably not

Where are you coming from? Richmond, VA

How are you getting to Vegas? I'll be flying

When are you getting to Vegas? I'll be arriving Thursday

Where are you staying in Vegas? The Luxor

Would you like/want to room with other forumite(s)? Yes, definitely. Besides saving money, I think it'll be a lot of fun

Where are you sitting at the event ($100, $500, $1000, etc.)? Probably the $100-200 range

Would you like/want to sit with other forumite(s)? Heck yeah!!!

What other plans (if any) do you have for Vegas? Not gambling away my life's saving

When are you leaving? I plan to fly out Monday

mikthehick
01-26-2009, 02:10 PM
Are you going? duh

Are you bringing anyone? probably Dave Morris from my gym, and maybe Mr. Dennis, both said they wanna see matt's last fight....

Where are you coming from? Virginia. flying out of richmond for sure

How are you getting to Vegas? see above question

When are you getting to Vegas?prob thurs or fri morning

Where are you staying in Vegas? no idea, either a hotel or my families house....

Would you like/want to room with other forumite(s)? maybe

Where are you sitting at the event ($100, $200, etc.)? nosebleed section for sure

Would you like/want to sit with other forumite(s)? sure if it's the nosebleed section, or if someone wants to pay for me ;)

What other plans (if any) do you have for Vegas? visit with my 80 yr old gramps, and my aunt too

When are you leaving? either sunday or monday

Primadawn
01-26-2009, 05:25 PM
OK, I'm back in!

Are you going? Yes!______________________________________________ _____________

Are you bringing anyone? Nope-meeting family there though.
__________________________________________________ __

Where are you coming from? Will probably fly out of Syracuse

How are you getting to Vegas? flying

When are you getting to Vegas? Thursday May 21________________________________________________

Where are you staying in Vegas? Not sure yet-Harrah's or Imperial Palace will both comp me rooms

Would you like/want to room with other forumite(s)? I'll have some family staying with me.

Where are you sitting at the event ($100, $200, etc.)? cheap seats!_______________________________

Would you like/want to sit with other forumite(s)? sure!___________________________________

What other plans (if any) do you have for Vegas? My neice may be getting married there, hanging with the family, meeting some forumites!____________________________________

When are you leaving? May 26--Tuesday
__________________________________________________ _____

gymcoach97
01-26-2009, 08:43 PM
UFC 98 Preparation Questionnaire

Are you going?

Planning on it, yes

Are you bringing anyone?

Just me, myself, and I

Where are you coming from?

Well, I live in Indiana, but I may fly out of multiple spots depending on the best airfare and if anyone wants to meet up with me. If I'm not meeting up with anyone...I may just fly from Indianapolis. But, I could also leave from Chicago, St. Louis, or one of the airports in Central Illinois (where I'm originally from...Peoria or Bloomington)

How are you getting to Vegas?

Some sort of airplane. Probably a Boeing or Airbus model is my guess. Which airline? Don't know. I'm waiting to see who might want to travel together and such.

When are you getting to Vegas?

I'll probably try to come in sometime on Thursday or early Friday so that I can go to weigh-ins. I'll leave on either Sunday or Monday depending on which days offer better fares.

Where are you staying in Vegas?

My hope is to either meet up with some folks or travel with a group and share a hotel room. I'll either take the floor or a roll-away. I'm not picky. I'm not sure that I'll want to sleep much, anyway.

Would you like/want to room with other forumite(s)?

Absolutely

Where are you sitting at the event ($100, $200, etc.)?

Cheap seats are good enough for me. I'd like to buy in with at least one other person. I could send my money to you in advance or vice versa. I'm good for it - you can ask Preach. He bought my ticket for UFC 77 and I stood good for it.

Would you like/want to sit with other forumite(s)?

Well, I'd like to sit with a few forumites, but amongst a bunch of Serra fans so that we can make fun of them when he gets busted up.

What other plans (if any) do you have for Vegas?

None really. I'm mean, I'm sure I'll take in some of the sites, tourist spots. But, I don't really gamble and I don't really drink. I would like to try to find the UFC Headquarters as well as maybe stop by Xtreme Couture and possibly Marc Laimon's place (Cobra Kai ?) and also Wanderlei's new gym. I think he just opened a gym out there, too. For me, it's an MMA weekend.

When are you leaving?

It depends - Thurs or early Friday.

County Mike
01-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Not going.

Watching at home on the 100" screen.

Big Party.

Wanna come?

atomdanger
01-26-2009, 10:00 PM
Are you going? YES

Are you bringing anyone?
Brother most likely (jessedanger)

Portland, Oregon!

Plane, mayyybe drive, but doubtful

When are you getting to Vegas?
Night before.

With friends most likely, maybe somewhere cheap like the circus circus or rio

Would you like/want to room with other forumite(s)?
I would love to

Cheapest

Would you like/want to sit with other forumite(s)?
I would like to, but maybe cant afford to.

Maybe visit some friends who live there, thats it.
Im kicked out of the Bellagio.

When are you leaving? Sunday afternoon.

atomdanger
01-26-2009, 10:02 PM
Ok, so the real question is, who wants to let me and my brother sleep on their hotel room floor?

Seriously, I've slept on worse. I will wayyy throw in.

atomdanger
01-26-2009, 10:03 PM

Cheap seats are good enough for me. I'd like to buy in with at least one other person. I could send my money to you in advance or vice versa. I'm good for it - you can ask Preach. He bought my ticket for UFC 77 and I stood good for it.[/B]

Hey I am wanting to get some cheap seats, let me know what price you're looking at, I can over night you my cash or something so we can buy together.

bry241173
01-26-2009, 11:29 PM
UFC 98 Preparation Questionnaire

Are you going? Oh yes, VEGAS BABY!!!!!!

Are you bringing anyone? Yes, my fiancee.

Where are you coming from? Coventry, England.

How are you getting to Vegas? Flying in via Philly.

When are you getting to Vegas? Thursday evening

Where are you staying in Vegas? At a friends (lead writer for mmajunkie)

Would you like/want to room with other forumite(s)? N/A

Where are you sitting at the event ($100, $200, etc.) Based on what i spent for hughes/alves, and the possible significance (retirement etc etc) FRONT ROW!!!!

Would you like/want to sit with other forumite(s)? I certainly wouldn't object, but there will be something satisfying of giving loads to serra fans, ha ha.

What other plans (if any) do you have for Vegas? What happens in vegas, stays in vegas, right?? :ninja:

When are you leaving? First flight on the tuesday morning.

atomdanger
01-26-2009, 11:43 PM
Where are you coming from? Coventry, England.

You're coming all the way from England?

I will buy you a beer

VCURamFan
01-27-2009, 02:42 AM
Gym & Atom: I'm down for cheap seats & people in my room. If we have 4 people in 1 room, that'll chop the price down a lot.

atomdanger
01-27-2009, 03:04 AM
Gym & Atom: I'm down for cheap seats & people in my room. If we have 4 people in 1 room, that'll chop the price down a lot.

That would be awesome.
My brother will be with me (jessedanger) he is only 16, but mature and won't be annoying.
I am totally up for it, I can send somebody out a check or money order so we can all get seats next to one another, when are tickets going on sale?

and yeah, 4 people in a room would be very affordable.

gymcoach97
01-27-2009, 04:58 AM
I'm "game" for whatever, guys.

I think it'll be an absolute blast, no matter what.

Is anybody a Fight Club member? These tickets will probably go fast and I know that I typically have a difficult time getting cheap seats when they go on sale to the newsletter folks (which I subscribe to) or the general public.

atomdanger
01-27-2009, 05:43 AM
I'm "game" for whatever, guys.

I think it'll be an absolute blast, no matter what.

Is anybody a Fight Club member? These tickets will probably go fast and I know that I typically have a difficult time getting cheap seats when they go on sale to the newsletter folks (which I subscribe to) or the general public.

Sounds like us 3 and my brother then?

I am not a fight club member.

Is anybody else on here a member we can trust to buy us tickets???

VCURamFan
01-27-2009, 06:24 AM
Sounds like us 3 and my brother then?

I am not a fight club member.

Is anybody else on here a member we can trust to buy us tickets???That's what it looks like to me, too. I joined the fight club back for UFC 68 when I saw Matt, Rich, Randy & Tim in Columbus. I'm pretty certain that's expired since that was about 2 years ago.

I figure we have one of us reserve the hotel, and another one get the tickets, then everyone sends a check for their portions to the appropriate person.

Also, I like Gymcoach's (you're real name's Chris, right?) idea of touring the area gyms. That's be a fun thing to do Saturday morning/afternoon before heading over to the MGM for the fights that night.

Also, I'll be going to church on Sunday. Would anyone else be interested in going with me?

VCURamFan
01-27-2009, 06:49 AM
OK, I did some checking & there's 2 different Fight Clubs:

UFC Fight Club ($24.99):
1yr membership to UFC Fight Club
Fighter Chats
Access to UFC Community:
Blogs
Message Boards
Private Chats
Photo Uploads
10% Discount on all online UFC Merchandise
Buddy Icons & Wallpapers
Exclusive Video & Archived Footage
UFC Ultimate Fight Club ($74.99):
1yr membership to UFC Fight Club
Fighter Chats
Access to UFC Community:
Blogs
Message Boards
Private Chats
Photo Uploads
10% Discount on all online UFC Merchandise
Buddy Icons & Wallpapers
Exclusive Video & Archived Footage
First access to Pre-Sale tickets
Members only contests/events
Exclusive Access at Pay-Per-View Events
UFC Fight Club Exclusive T-shirtWith tax, the Ultimate comes to $82.90. I think I'll be getting the ultimate package, but I'm not sure.

atomdanger
01-27-2009, 07:52 AM
That's what it looks like to me, too. I joined the fight club back for UFC 68 when I saw Matt, Rich, Randy & Tim in Columbus. I'm pretty certain that's expired since that was about 2 years ago.

I figure we have one of us reserve the hotel, and another one get the tickets, then everyone sends a check for their portions to the appropriate person.

Also, I like Gymcoach's (you're real name's Chris, right?) idea of touring the area gyms. That's be a fun thing to do Saturday morning/afternoon before heading over to the MGM for the fights that night.

Also, I'll be going to church on Sunday. Would anyone else be interested in going with me?

The gym idea is great!!!
and I would like to go to Church as well

Sounds good to me with the payment ideas.
I can reserve the hotel, any preferences??? I will do thursday - monday?

VCURamFan
01-27-2009, 08:20 AM
The gym idea is great!!!
and I would like to go to Church as well

Sounds good to me with the payment ideas.
I can reserve the hotel, any preferences??? I will do thursday - monday?Back when he was still planning to go, Derek & I had looked into the Luxor. It's centrally located & pretty cheap, compared to the other places:
Arriving:
Thu May 21, 2009
Departing:
Mon May 25, 2009
Guests:
1 Pyramid Deluxe Room 4 nights
$699.96
Taxes:
$63.00
Total:
$762.96
Deposit Due:
$130.79
Per person:
$190.74If it were just 2 people:
Arriving:
Thu May 21, 2009
Departing:
Mon May 25, 2009
Guests:
1 Pyramid Deluxe Room 4 nights
$459.96
Taxes:
$41.40
Total:
$501.36
Deposit Due:
$65.39
Per person:
$250.68

VCURamFan
01-27-2009, 08:57 PM
OK, so I think I'm going to leave Sunday, not Monday. I had thought that the airfare would be cheaper to leave on Monday, but it turns out there's only like a $7 difference, which doesn't justify dropping an extra $50-60 on a hotel for the night.

Primadawn
01-27-2009, 11:24 PM
Ben, if you have the time, it's a lot cheaper to leave on Tuesday coming back.

VCURamFan
01-28-2009, 05:15 AM
Ben, if you have the time, it's a lot cheaper to leave on Tuesday coming back.Even when you factor in an extra coupla nights in the hotel?

Primadawn
01-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Well..my rooms are being comped, so that's not a factor. Have you looked at some of the less expensive hotels, like Imperial Palace or the Flamingo?

atomdanger
01-28-2009, 09:44 PM
I will just PM you my cell number, we can figure it out a lot easier on the phone or texting or something

hizo64
01-31-2009, 12:25 AM
Not going.

Watching at home on the 100" screen.

Big Party.

Wanna come?

Dude thats awesome! hey you a Giants or a Jets fan?

Sugar Shane
01-31-2009, 02:19 AM

OK, people, let's go!

1. Yes, I am going.
2. My buddy, Matt is coming with me.
3. Thomson, IL. (Quad City airport or Peoria airport)
4. Flying, dont have tix yet though.
5. Thursday 21st
6. Have NO idea yet. I will have to find a room here shortly though.
7. Already have a roomie, but if someone wants to crash on the floor.......?
8. Dont know what the price schedule is yet.
9. Umm YEAH!!!!!!
10. Depends on my buddy, but definitely wanna meet up with some forumites!!
11. Sunday morning or afternoon.

GET AHOLD OF ME PEOPLE!!! LET ME KNOW WHATS GOIN ON!!!!!

VCURamFan
01-31-2009, 03:21 AM
1. Yes, I am going.
2. My buddy, Matt is coming with me.
3. Thomson, IL. (Quad City airport or Peoria airport)
4. Flying, dont have tix yet though.
5. Thursday 21st
6. Have NO idea yet. I will have to find a room here shortly though.
7. Already have a roomie, but if someone wants to crash on the floor.......?
8. Dont know what the price schedule is yet.
9. Umm YEAH!!!!!!
10. Depends on my buddy, but definitely wanna meet up with some forumites!!
11. Sunday morning or afternoon.

GET AHOLD OF ME PEOPLE!!! LET ME KNOW WHATS GOIN ON!!!!!Right now we've got 4 of us planning to room together at the Luxor (Me, GymCoach, Atom & Jesse), plus 8 of us (Me, GymCoach, Atom, Jesse, Kim, Dawn, you & Matt) planning to sit together in the cheap seats.

I think what we need is 1 person who is willing to buy all the tickets for us in a block. For that persons protection, I suggest that at least half (if not more, depending on the situation) of the money should be sent to them up front, so that they don't have to drop $700-$1400 with no gaurantee of repayment. Also, I'd suggest that whoever we choose to do the purchasing should be a UFC Ultimate Fight Club member so that they can get in on the presale before everything's gone.

matthughesfan21
01-31-2009, 04:07 AM
Right now we've got 4 of us planning to room together at the Luxor (Me, GymCoach, Atom & Jesse), plus 8 of us (Me, GymCoach, Atom, Jesse, Kim, Dawn, you & Matt) planning to sit together in the cheap seats.

I think what we need is 1 person who is willing to buy all the tickets for us in a block. For that persons protection, I suggest that at least half (if not more, depending on the situation) of the money should be sent to them up front, so that they don't have to drop $700-$1400 with no gaurantee of repayment. Also, I'd suggest that whoever we choose to do the purchasing should be a UFC Ultimate Fight Club member so that they can get in on the presale before everything's gone.
that could be a problem for y'all though, I think you can only purchase a max of 6 tickets

VCURamFan
01-31-2009, 04:09 AM
that could be a problem for y'all though, I think you can only purchase a max of 6 ticketsOooo, bad news! Hmmmm, maybe there's some way around that...:unsure:

VCURamFan
01-31-2009, 04:19 AM
I just went & checked: I was able to get 10 tickets on Ticket Master. I don't know if that changes in terms of the pre-sale.

mikthehick
01-31-2009, 04:24 AM
I just went & checked: I was able to get 10 tickets on Ticket Master. I don't know if that changes in terms of the pre-sale.

Wait ya bought them already???:blink:

Your idea is good though, as that would be a good idea-sending money to one person and all, and I wouldn't mind just paying upfront, just getting it done.

Btw, Ruth isn't coming so I'm solo :) Unless a couple new matt fans comes from my gym....

VCURamFan
01-31-2009, 04:55 AM
Wait ya bought them already???:blink:

Your idea is good though, as that would be a good idea-sending money to one person and all, and I wouldn't mind just paying upfront, just getting it done.

Btw, Ruth isn't coming so I'm solo :) Unless a couple new matt fans comes from my gym....No, I just went on a trial run with UFC 96 tickets.

I'd be willing to be the one to buy the tix, since I'm planning to be an Ult. Fight Club member, but I'd need a good portion of the money upfront, since I don't think I get paid enough to afford $700-$1400 upfront.

mikthehick
01-31-2009, 06:02 AM
No, I just went on a trial run with UFC 96 tickets.

I'd be willing to be the one to buy the tix, since I'm planning to be an Ult. Fight Club member, but I'd need a good portion of the money upfront, since I don't think I get paid enough to afford $700-$1400 upfront.

You know I'm good for it. I think nosebleed seats will prob be around 125--200, which isn't bad for an MGM event, not sure with the fight club membership tho, but that's a good idea :)

ps--plus we'll have the jumbotron and be the loudest group there....well, duh cuz we are matt hughes fans....

VCURamFan
01-31-2009, 06:12 AM
You know I'm good for it. I think nosebleed seats will prob be around 125--200, which isn't bad for an MGM event, not sure with the fight club membership tho, but that's a good idea :)

ps--plus we'll have the jumbotron and be the loudest group there....well, duh cuz we are matt hughes fans....O, I don't doubt whether or not anyone's good for it. It's just a matter of capital. My paychecks are only a couple hundred a week, so I probably won't be able to stash enough away before the pre-sale to buy everyone's tickets. If people are cool with send me money upfront, then I'll be more than happy to handle the tickets. If y'all would prefer not, then we'll just need someone else to step up.

Well, the GSP/BJ fight is at the MGM as well. Their ticket prices go 50, 100, 200, 300, 500, & 750. There's no way that I'll be able to afford anything that would make the jumbotron unimportant, so I'm done for the 50-200 range, depending on what others want.

Sugar Shane
01-31-2009, 06:20 PM
Not real sure where I will sit. I planned on 2-3 hundred for a ticket, so if that doesn't get me out of the nosebleeds, I will definitely be sitting with you guys.

kevint13
01-31-2009, 08:11 PM
I am filling this out, but things can always change as it gets closer

Are you going? Strongly considering

Are you bringing anyone? Probably just myself

Where are you coming from? Minneapolis

How are you getting to Vegas? Airplane

When are you getting to Vegas? Likely Friday morning

Where are you staying in Vegas? Depends if I can get comp'd or not.

Would you like/want to room with other forumite(s)? I am cool with that

Where are you sitting at the event ($100, $200, etc.)? Not sure, don't want to spend more that $300 a ticket

Would you like/want to sit with other forumite(s)? That would be cool, but I still want to see what I can get around $250-300

What other plans (if any) do you have for Vegas? Hang out, gamble a little

When are you leaving? Sunday

Also, I am a Fight Club member

atomdanger
01-31-2009, 09:36 PM
No, I just went on a trial run with UFC 96 tickets.

Im calling you tomorrow.

atomdanger
01-31-2009, 09:46 PM
Right now we've got 4 of us planning to room together at the Luxor (Me, GymCoach, Atom & Jesse), plus 8 of us (Me, GymCoach, Atom, Jesse, Kim, Dawn, you & Matt) planning to sit together in the cheap seats.

I can send out my ticket money right now to whoever.

VCURamFan
02-01-2009, 06:39 AM
Im calling you tomorrow.Go for it. I'll be in church until about 12:30pm EST, but anytime in the afternoon/evening will be cool (unless you call during the Superbowl!)

Primadawn
02-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Def let me know who is going to buy the tickets. I'm good with that Ben--especially if you do it--such a fine upstanding young man.
I'll send all the money up front.

kevint13
02-01-2009, 03:57 PM
I was looking to see what other fights might be on this card and MMA Playground is showing the following:

Matt Hughes vs Matt Serra
Frank Mir vs Brock Lesnar
Sean Sherk vs Frankie Edgar
James Irvin vs Drew McFedries
Andre Gusmao vs Houston Alexander
Dave Kaplan vs George Roop
Phillipe Nover vs Kyle Bradley

If we get to see Matt, Mir/Lesnar, and Sherk I will be pumped!!!

VCURamFan
02-01-2009, 11:03 PM
This card is going to be awesome!!!!

OK, I'm 100% fine with being the front man on tickets. As collateral, Kim & Brian both know where I live so y'all can come beat me up if I don't follow through!

Everyone who wants to sit in the Forumite block, please vote on ticket price: $50, $100, $200.

I vote $100.

mikthehick
02-02-2009, 03:03 AM

OK, I'm 100% fine with being the front man on tickets. As collateral, Kim & Brian both know where I live so y'all can come beat me up if I don't follow through!

Everyone who wants to sit in the Forumite block, please vote on ticket price: $50, $100, $200.

I vote $100.

$100 for sure, sounds like a fair price.

Brian's out cuz they have a wedding in PA that weekend---also sucks cuz Frank's on the 98 card too and he's starting up the site for that, but I'm supposed to get pictures....:cool:

War Hughes!
War Mir!

I'm out!

Primadawn
02-02-2009, 03:47 AM
I'm good with whatever price everyone decides. Just keep me in the loop!

MattHughesRocks
02-02-2009, 04:13 AM
Not to butt into your guys business but remember that the cheap seats go FAST. Like the blink of an eye so be prepared! Have all your money available on a credit card and be prepared to pay for all ticket charges and whatever other crap they can make up to charge you for. I'd hate to see you Ben, go to charge so many tickets ( speaking of, FIND OUT HOW MANY YOU CAN BUY AT A TIME!) and not be able to because your card did hold enough available credit.
Anyway.....carry on.... :)

I vote $100.

VCURamFan
02-02-2009, 04:36 AM
OK, so far:

0 vote(s): $200
2 vote(s): $100
0 vote(s): $50
1 vote(s): "Present"
5 vote(s): N/A

atomdanger
02-03-2009, 01:34 AM

I vote $100.

Sorry about not calling, forgot it was superbowl yesterday and it was crazy.

I vote 100 also!

VCURamFan
02-03-2009, 03:29 AM
Sorry about not calling, forgot it was superbowl yesterday and it was crazy.

I vote 100 also!Assuming that your vote counts for Jesse as well, that brings us to:

0 vote(s): $200
4 vote(s): $100
0 vote(s): $50
1 vote(s): "Present"
3 vote(s): N/A

Chris & Shane/Matt, I'm assuming y'all won't complain if I consider the motion carried in favor of $100 tickets?

I'm going to do some checking on extra charges & the max tickets that can be bought at once. I'll report back once I get some answers.

VCURamFan
02-03-2009, 03:48 AM
*Pre-sale tickets offered only to $74.99 Membership Plan. Pre-sale tickets are not guaranteed. All pre-sale ticket purchases are subject to availability on a first come, first serve basis for select US & Canadian performances only. All shows are subject to cancellation or postponement without notice. Please consult with the relevant venue for seating information prior to purchase and any changes to the show schedule.

This makes it sound like there's no limit to how many tickets can be bought at once. I'm really hoping that this is the case. I'm still looking for a contact number so that I can try & get a straight answer.

VCURamFan
02-03-2009, 04:13 AM
OK, so it looks like there's around a $15 surcharge for each ticket, meaning that (assuming there's no other taxes), the price will be $115/person. Assuming that everyone is agreeable with me being the point man, I'll PM everyone with my address, y'all can send me the money & I'll buy everything as soon as the pre-sale starts. If this is good for you, PM me & I'll respond with my address.

Primadawn
02-03-2009, 04:27 AM
Do we know that $100 even exist? I mean--are these the usual prices $50, $100, $200, etc..?

Do the prices pretty much stay the same for these events, or do they set the prices anew each time?

Just checking..I'm a noob to live UFC events..

VCURamFan
02-03-2009, 04:36 AM
Do we know that $100 even exist? I mean--are these the usual prices $50, $100, $200, etc..?

Do the prices pretty much stay the same for these events, or do they set the prices anew each time?

Just checking..I'm a noob to live UFC events..Well, yes & no. They usually have prices right around $50, right around $100, etc., so I assume it's safe to assume they will. Also, for UFC 94 this past weekend (also held at the MGM Grand, as will UFC 98), then had tickets for $50, $100, etc. So, while I have no verifiable proof that there will be a $100 ticket, I'm as certain as I believe is possible under the circumstances.

All that being said, it seems that there is a surcharge of around $15 on ticketmaster. That would make the total ticket price around $115. If y'all want to send that to me up front, I'll buy the tickets. Once we meet up in Vegas, then we can work out any differences (tickets cost more/less than expected).

VCURamFan
02-03-2009, 06:33 AM
I just had a thought (I know, shocker, huh?): What if I'm not allowed to buy all 8 tickets at the same time? What if I'm only allowed 6? Or 4? How do we decide who else gets the tickets (since I'm obviously getting mine!!)?

The simplest method would be to say first come, first serve: I'll dole out the tickets in the order that a) I receive PM requests for my address; or b) I receive money from people.

If y'all don't like that idea, then we could turn it into straight bribery: whoever buys me the best present gets first shot at tickets!!

Primadawn
02-03-2009, 12:38 PM
I would say if you can't get 8, then go by the order in which you receive the money.

mikthehick
02-03-2009, 01:35 PM
The above mentioned sounds really great to me.

Boomer
02-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Wish I could be there with you guys. :( I'll be on the net reading the play by play for sure. I'm 10.5 hours ahead of you, so it will actually be the next morning for me.

Preach
02-03-2009, 02:44 PM
I too would love to go but there is this little thing keeping me from it... Yeah thats it money

VCURamFan
02-03-2009, 02:47 PM
I think that I will do it in order of $$ received. If you send me money & I can't get you a ticket, I'll tear up you check or return the money order or refund the cash or what have you. Again, you'll have my address so if I steal your money, you'll know where to find me!!!

Preach
02-03-2009, 03:29 PM
I think that I will do it in order of $$ received. If you send me money & I can't get you a ticket, I'll tear up you check or return the money order or refund the cash or what have you. Again, you'll have my address so if I steal your money, you'll know where to find me!!!

Don't trust the kid with face paint

VCURamFan
02-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Don't trust the kid with face paintFace paint? What face paint?:huh:
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/73601646.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1935B3684F2B7A07BEBF7E74A6D20429258 284831B75F48EF45

mikthehick
02-03-2009, 09:36 PM
I'm going to the mail box today Ben--keep me posted.....

:laugh:

Preach
02-03-2009, 10:00 PM
Face paint? What face paint?:huh:
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/73601646.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1935B3684F2B7A07BEBF7E74A6D20429258 284831B75F48EF45

Can't see it

VCURamFan
02-04-2009, 12:27 AM
Can't see itYeah, apparently that site doesn't let you use their links for [img] tags. Just click the link.

OK, I just deposited my paycheck, so I signed up for the Fight Club today. I'll be checking in regularly to find out when the pre-sale will be happening.

atomdanger
02-04-2009, 12:34 AM
Yeah, apparently that site doesn't let you use their links for [img] tags. Just click the link.

OK, I just deposited my paycheck, so I signed up for the Fight Club today. I'll be checking in regularly to find out when the pre-sale will be happening.

Cool, I talked to you today on text,
but either today or tomorrow I will be sending you out a money order

VCURamFan
02-04-2009, 12:40 AM
Cool, sounds good, man.

VCURamFan
02-04-2009, 01:49 AM
OK, I just got an e-mail back from the Fight Club support people:

Dear Ben,

If you purchase your membership through UFCFightClub.com you will receive access to purchase pre-sale tickets for 9 UFC Ticketmaster events with a 6 ticket limit per event.

So I can purchase 6 tickets for UFC 98, which means that I can get tickets for 5 people (other than myself). I've already sent my address to Kim, Dawn & Atom, so I'm assuming that means 4 of the 5 tickets are already accounted for. Shane & Chris, if y'all want me to get y'all tickets, PM me quick!

VCURamFan
02-05-2009, 03:48 AM
Today the pre-sale for the UFN in April was announced, which I'm guessing means that I should get about 2 months notice before the UFC 98 pre-sale. So, get your money in fast so you can be one of the 5, but I probably won't be able to buy anything until mid-March.

VCURamFan
02-06-2009, 04:00 PM
OK, so I just deposited a check from Kim, meaning that she is #1 of 5 to be getting a ticket. There are still 4 slots left (assuming my math isn't total crap).

gymcoach97
02-11-2009, 06:48 PM
My money order is in the mail as of 10 am this morning. So, you should get it by Friday or Saturday, I'm guessing.

VCURamFan
02-11-2009, 07:18 PM
My money order is in the mail as of 10 am this morning. So, you should get it by Friday or Saturday, I'm guessing.Cool, man, I'll be looking for it.

Atom, any word yet on hotels?

gymcoach97
02-14-2009, 09:01 PM
VCURamfan

Did you get my money for the tickets, yet?

VCURamFan
02-14-2009, 09:22 PM
VCURamfan

Did you get my money for the tickets, yet?No, but the mail hasn't come today.

MattHughesRocks
02-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Just to but in again :) If it doesnt arrive today it won't until Tuesday. Monday is Presidents day, no mail.

VCURamFan
02-15-2009, 02:43 AM
Got the check, Chris. Also, I got this:
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs015.snc1/2187_4645974919930066485_5139_n.jpg
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs015.snc1/2187_4645974919930066486_2966_n.jpg

MattHughesRocks
02-15-2009, 03:01 AM
Cool shirt Ben!

VCURamFan
02-15-2009, 03:08 AM
Cool shirt Ben!That's what I thought, so I figured I'd buy it!

gymcoach97
02-15-2009, 03:19 AM
Got the check, Chris. Also, I got this:
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs015.snc1/2187_4645974919930066485_5139_n.jpg
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs015.snc1/2187_4645974919930066486_2966_n.jpg

Alright, so I'm in. That's another spot down!!

VCURamFan
02-15-2009, 03:22 AM
Alright, so I'm in. That's another spot down!!Yup. We've got 3 tickets gone, three tickets left. Dawn, is your check on the way?

Primadawn
02-15-2009, 03:47 AM
Yup. We've got 3 tickets gone, three tickets left. Dawn, is your check on the way?

Will be on Tuesday!

mikthehick
02-15-2009, 03:58 AM
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

You guys are going to LOVE this......

So i've been thinking this whole time "Wow it's going to be cool to hang out with yall, my grandpa and aunt in Vegas, and maybe see Matt Hughes fight."

Original plans were to fly out of Richmond on Friday and fly back on Sunday....

But my friend Jess found out I was going to Vegas from a friend, and anyway, she invited herself. I said that was cool, but now I'm not sure I'm comfy asking my aunt to stay at her house with my friend in tow. So now I gotta put up money for a hotel possibly....

Jess msged me on facebook asking if I bought Matt Hughes tickets, I said 'yea, I can't wait to see the MMA in may"

Her reply yesterday...

"What's MMA??"

UGH

Anyway, I said what it was, again, and she said she didn't mind she's just going to catch a Cirque del Solei show.

Thank Jesus above for small miracles......

On our way to a wedding in Chicago 2 years ago, we had to hold a plane 20 minutes cuz Jess was late....i just don't have a good feeling....

MattHughesRocks
02-15-2009, 04:05 AM
They don't hold planes because someone is late. It HAD to be for something else:laugh:

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

You guys are going to LOVE this......

So i've been thinking this whole time "Wow it's going to be cool to hang out with yall, my grandpa and aunt in Vegas, and maybe see Matt Hughes fight."

Original plans were to fly out of Richmond on Friday and fly back on Sunday....

But my friend Jess found out I was going to Vegas from a friend, and anyway, she invited herself. I said that was cool, but now I'm not sure I'm comfy asking my aunt to stay at her house with my friend in tow. So now I gotta put up money for a hotel possibly....

Jess msged me on facebook asking if I bought Matt Hughes tickets, I said 'yea, I can't wait to see the MMA in may"

Her reply yesterday...

"What's MMA??"

UGH

Anyway, I said what it was, again, and she said she didn't mind she's just going to catch a Cirque del Solei show.

Thank Jesus above for small miracles......

On our way to a wedding in Chicago 2 years ago, we had to hold a plane 20 minutes cuz Jess was late....i just don't have a good feeling....

mikthehick
02-15-2009, 04:08 AM
They don't hold planes because someone is late. It HAD to be for something else:laugh:

hmmm, yeah no idea here.

I just remember they held it, probably bc they were getting her luggage and stuff....which ended up being on a later plane anyway....such good memories

Every time I travel anywhere with my friends it's a nightmare.

When I travel solo everything goes awesome....decisions decisions.

mikthehick
02-16-2009, 09:37 PM
It's all better, I'm solo again :cool:

Just checked on flight prices and it's less to fly out of the airport that is about 50 feet from my house than it is to drive to DC or Rickmond....

**SCORE**

Primadawn
02-16-2009, 10:35 PM
I'm trying to decide whether I want to take a red-eye back. I never have and it seems like it would be horrible, and yet..it's more time in Vegas! :unsure-1:

VCURamFan
02-17-2009, 02:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXZSmThz27g

MattHughesRocks
02-17-2009, 02:59 AM
If you have someone to hang out with all day and don't have to be anywhere the next morning GO FOR IT!:w00t:

I'm trying to decide whether I want to take a red-eye back. I never have and it seems like it would be horrible, and yet..it's more time in Vegas! :unsure-1:

Bonnie
02-17-2009, 03:04 AM
If you have someone to hang out with all day and don't have to be anywhere the next morning GO FOR IT!:w00t:

Michelle, you're not going? :unsure-1:

mikthehick
02-17-2009, 03:09 AM
Just called the family.

I'm sure they will be good with me chilling with them for a weekend, plus I'm going to rent a car too, should be good times. So I'll chill with forum members on the day of. And if anyone needs a ride anyway, I can take ya :w00t:

I'm also flying to England and possibly Europe also this fall, so hollar at me if ya live in the UK :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
02-17-2009, 03:26 AM
I doubt it but you never know :)

Michelle, you're not going? :unsure-1:

Primadawn
02-19-2009, 04:29 AM
Booked my flights today! Wooohooo!

My mom, neice, her fiancee, my brother and his wife are meeting me out there. They're not going to the fight, but figured since I was going out, they would too...My neice and her fiancee are going to get married while we're there.

I told them they better work out the times right, because I'm not missing anything Matt-related for their wedding! :laugh:

Crappy flights though--the one going out isn't bad--leaves at around 6am and I'll get there around 10 am with one connection in Detroit, which is an easy airport to navigate.
But coming back, I have 2 connections....ick...

I'll get there on Thurs and come back on Tues...can't wait!

VCURamFan
02-19-2009, 04:33 AM
Awesome for you, Dawn!

VCURamFan
02-20-2009, 03:49 PM
OK, I just wanted to do a recap so we all kinda know where things stand in terms of prep:

Me - I've joined the UFC Ult. Fight Club (UFC U.F.C., if you will) which allows me to purchase 6 pre-sale tickets. I have 3 of those spots spoken for already (me, Kim & Chris), which leaves me with 3 tickets still available. As far as I know, the people that are still in the running are Atom & Jesse Danger, Dawn (maybe), and Shane & Matt. I haven't booked hotel or flights yet.

Kim - She's sent in her $$ for tickets, she's booked a flight & she's got a place to stay. Seems like she's the most prepared out of all of us!

Dawn - She's booked a flight & has a place to stay (I think). She hasn't sent money in because she may be coming with a friend who wants better seats. We'll see.

Chris - He's sent in his $$ for tickets, but hasn't yet bought flight or hotel. He & I are planning to stay in the same hotel room to help reduce costs.

Atom/Jesse - I haven't received money, & as far as I know, they haven't booked hotel or flights yet. They are considering rooming with Chris & me.

Shane/Matt - I haven't received money, & as far as I know, they haven't booked hotel or flights yet. They are considering rooming with Chris & me.

If I've gotten anything wrong, please let me know & I'll update the info.

mikthehick
02-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Kim - She's sent in her $$ for tickets, she's booked a flight & she's got a place to stay. Seems like she's the most prepared out of all of us!

Duh! I'm always the most prepared for trips and the least prepared for life :wink:

I'm flying out of Dulles, got daytime flights for Friday-Monday, and I'm landing in LA for 1 stop (never been there), so that's pretty cool. Maybe I'll see a movie star.

I just need to get a rental. I'll do that last. I called Gramps yesterday, and he kept calling me Doug (my dad's name). That's what happens when you are deaf. My aunt said she wants me to stay over, awesome.

Free lodging, cheap tickets, cheap flight--maybe I should start vacation planning on the side :cool:

VCURamFan
02-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Duh! I'm always the most prepared for trips and the least prepared for life :wink:

I'm flying out of Dulles, got daytime flights for Friday-Monday, and I'm landing in LA for 1 stop (never been there), so that's pretty cool. Maybe I'll see a movie star.

I just need to get a rental. I'll do that last. I called Gramps yesterday, and he kept calling me Doug (my dad's name). That's what happens when you are deaf. My aunt said she wants me to stay over, awesome.

Free lodging, cheap tickets, cheap flight--maybe I should start vacation planning on the side :cool:Haha, only if your family is willing to put your clients on the sofa!!:laugh:

Sugar Shane
02-21-2009, 03:20 PM
Matt and I will probably be staying by ourselves. No offense to anyone, and I know it would be cheaper, but I am kinda wierd about who I stay with. I do still want to meet up with everyone fo rhte fights and other activities. Is this fight for sure at this point?? I was thinking of booking everything this weekend, but I want to make sure it is a sure thing first, of course.

VCURamFan
02-21-2009, 04:39 PM
Matt and I will probably be staying by ourselves. No offense to anyone, and I know it would be cheaper, but I am kinda wierd about who I stay with. I do still want to meet up with everyone fo rhte fights and other activities. Is this fight for sure at this point?? I was thinking of booking everything this weekend, but I want to make sure it is a sure thing first, of course.Matt just verified it on a radio interview yesterday morning. So are you wanting to sit with us, or are you the kinda weird about who you sit with, too?:tongue0011:

Sugar Shane
02-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Matt just verified it on a radio interview yesterday morning. So are you wanting to sit with us, or are you the kinda weird about who you sit with, too?:tongue0011:

HA HA very funny. I havent really decided on tickets yet. Does anyone know when they go on sale??

VCURamFan
02-22-2009, 10:24 PM
HA HA very funny. I havent really decided on tickets yet. Does anyone know when they go on sale??I'm a fight club member & will get access to the presale. I think that'll happen in the next two weeks or so.

atomdanger
02-23-2009, 11:54 PM
Aye sorry I haven't been in here.

I should have a room probably at the rio (cheap as heck) this week.
and I am probably driving down and back, for the heck of it.

atomdanger
02-24-2009, 12:03 AM
Hey...

I've got a two bed room at the Saraha for 39 a night, from thursday to monday.

If you guys are still interested in going on.
Its on the strip, but down by the stratosphere.

but thats 160... 4 people = 40 bucks a person.
O_O

So thats what me and Jesse are going with.

gymcoach97
02-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Hey...

I've got a two bed room at the Saraha for 39 a night, from thursday to monday.

If you guys are still interested in going on.
Its on the strip, but down by the stratosphere.

but thats 160... 4 people = 40 bucks a person.
O_O

So thats what me and Jesse are going with.

The Sahara does have exceptional deals. I'm "game" for whatever Ben wants to do. It'd be a little more $$$, but we ought to just get two rooms and Ben and I could bunk together and you and your brother. For those prices, it makes sense considering that it's going to be tight with 4 people. It still looks like it'd be < $100 a piece for staying in a hotel for 3 nights. That's pretty good. Plus, the Sahara allows you to cancel as long as you cancel 72 hours in advance...in case something were to happen.

atomdanger
02-26-2009, 01:05 AM
The Sahara does have exceptional deals. I'm "game" for whatever Ben wants to do. It'd be a little more $$$, but we ought to just get two rooms and Ben and I could bunk together and you and your brother. For those prices, it makes sense considering that it's going to be tight with 4 people. It still looks like it'd be < $100 a piece for staying in a hotel for 3 nights. That's pretty good. Plus, the Sahara allows you to cancel as long as you cancel 72 hours in advance...in case something were to happen.

Hey I am down with that as well, thats still very cheap, Sahara looks ok, and its on the strip.

So, Thats what I am going with, I can't beat 160 bucks you know?

VCURamFan
02-26-2009, 03:11 AM
So I was looking into it a little. The Sahara is about 3.1mi from the MGM. On the other hand, Harrah's (where Dawn's planning on staying) is only 1.3mi. If we can get our room(s) comped just for gambling a bit, I'm down with that.

Dawn, how much are you going to be gambling per day to get your room comped?

Primadawn
02-26-2009, 03:32 AM
So I was looking into it a little. The Sahara is about 3.1mi from the MGM. On the other hand, Harrah's (where Dawn's planning on staying) is only 1.3mi. If we can get our room(s) comped just for gambling a bit, I'm down with that.

We're getting rooms comped based on gambling that we've already done...If one of you is close to St. Louis, there's a Harrah's there.

Spiritwalker
02-26-2009, 03:41 AM
Hey I am down with that as well, thats still very cheap, Sahara looks ok, and its on the strip.

So, Thats what I am going with, I can't beat 160 bucks you know?

Looking for a place to say..

almost beggin...

VCURamFan
02-26-2009, 03:58 AM
We're getting rooms comped based on gambling that we've already done...If one of you is close to St. Louis, there's a Harrah's there.Wanna comp our rooms, too?:Whistle::laugh:

Chuck
02-26-2009, 04:18 AM

almost beggin...

I'm starting to consider going..... I'll be in the same boat....

or in a van...... down by the river!!!

Primadawn
02-26-2009, 04:20 AM
I'm starting to consider going..... I'll be in the same boat....

or in a van...... down by the river!!!

2 cool points for Chris Farley reference!:wink:

Chuck
02-26-2009, 04:44 AM
2 cool points for Chris Farley reference!:wink:
YES!!!!

How many more point until I can stay with you?? :ninja:

Primadawn
02-26-2009, 05:07 AM
YES!!!!

How many more point until I can stay with you?? :ninja:

Ummm..I'm sharing a room with my MOM...so...

atomdanger
02-26-2009, 05:14 AM

Is it really 3 miles?
It doesn't seem that far when you're in vegas.

atomdanger
02-26-2009, 05:14 AM

almost beggin...

Well from the sounds of it Ben and Chris might do thier own thing,
ill PM you my cell number.

We're all hanging out at some point right???

Chuck
02-26-2009, 05:18 AM
Ummm..I'm sharing a room with my MOM...so...
Git -R -done!!!!!

VCURamFan
02-26-2009, 05:18 AM
Is it really 3 miles?
It doesn't seem that far when you're in vegas. I pulled it up on GoogleMaps.

Well from the sounds of it Ben and Chris might do thier own thing,
ill PM you my cell number.

We're all hanging out at some point right???I'm just trying to find a spot closer to the MGM. I wanna be as close to where Matt is staying as possible!!

O, & we're definitely hanging out! You & Jesse wanna go on the MMA Gym Tour that Chris & I are planning?

VCURamFan
02-26-2009, 05:19 AM
Git -R -done!!!!!Hahahahaha!!!!:laugh:

atomdanger
02-26-2009, 05:21 AM
I pulled it up on GoogleMaps.

I'm just trying to find a spot closer to the MGM. I wanna be as close to where Matt is staying as possible!!

O, & we're definitely hanging out! You & Jesse wanna go on the MMA Gym Tour that Chris & I are planning?

Oh for sure!
We're doing Couture, Wandy's and Cobra Kai (Laimon's) right???

VCURamFan
02-26-2009, 05:24 AM
Oh for sure!
We're doing Couture, Wandy's and Cobra Kai (Laimon's) right???You know it, bro! Chris also wants to try to find the UFC corporate HQ.

atomdanger
02-26-2009, 05:30 AM
You know it, bro! Chris also wants to try to find the UFC corporate HQ.

GOOD IDEA, why didn't I think of that

VCURamFan
02-26-2009, 05:36 AM
GOOD IDEA, why didn't I think of thatMaybe you could find Dana's office & just air all your grievances!!

gymcoach97
02-26-2009, 03:14 PM
I checked out the Harrah's online and for the 3 nights, it's going to be about $325 without taxes, etc. for a standard room. The Sahara is $170 based on the reservation I plugged in yesterday.

While I'd like to be closer to the MGM as well, we're not going to be hanging out in the hotel room. It's just a place to sleep and shower. I'm sure that there will be other folks staying closer that we'll be able to hang out with and there are probably shuttles that will transport us down to the MGM anyway since it houses a big casino. If not, we can definitely split cab fare.

My friends live in St. Louis...I know that they occasionally go to Harrah's...I'll call and see if they have gambled enough to get "comped" rates at the Harrah's.

Dawn, how does that work? Do they provide you with vouchers or something?

Primadawn
02-26-2009, 04:02 PM
I have only gambled there 2 times and they comped me...When you gamble there, you have a card that you put in the machines...that keeps track of how much you're spending/losing/winning and racks up points for you...

Then if you go on Harrah's website and plug in your number and go to the reservations page, and it will tell you how much you will pay for each hotel..(they own Harrah's, Imperial Palace, Rio, Caesar's, Flamingo..and a few more I think). Some of them comped me the whole thing and some comped like 2-3 nights, but the remaining nights were at a discount.

atomdanger
02-26-2009, 04:13 PM
I checked out the Harrah's online and for the 3 nights, it's going to be about $325 without taxes, etc. for a standard room. The Sahara is $170 based on the reservation I plugged in yesterday.

While I'd like to be closer to the MGM as well, we're not going to be hanging out in the hotel room. It's just a place to sleep and shower. I'm sure that there will be other folks staying closer that we'll be able to hang out with and there are probably shuttles that will transport us down to the MGM anyway since it houses a big casino. If not, we can definitely split cab fare.

My friends live in St. Louis...I know that they occasionally go to Harrah's...I'll call and see if they have gambled enough to get "comped" rates at the Harrah's.

Dawn, how does that work? Do they provide you with vouchers or something?

I got my room at the Saharah on Priceline.com

huan
03-03-2009, 04:30 AM
THE UFC ANNOUNCES UFC 98: LESNAR vs. MIR 2 (http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=18276)

Tickets for UFC 98: LESNAR VS. MIR 2 priced at $800, $600, $400, $250, $125 and $75, not including applicable service charges, go on sale Saturday, March 7 at 10 a.m. at all Las Vegas Ticketmaster locations (select Smith’s Food and Drug Centers and Ritmo Latino). Ticket sales are limited to eight (8) per person. To charge by phone with a major credit card, call Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000. Tickets also are available for purchase at www.ufc.com, www.mgmgrand.com or www.ticketmaster.com.

UFC® Fight Club™ members will have the opportunity to purchase tickets to this event Thursday, March 5 at 10 a.m. PT via the website ufc.com. A special Internet ticket pre-sale will be available to UFC newsletter subscribers Friday, March 6 starting at 10 a.m. PT. To access this presale, users must register for the UFC newsletter through ufc.com.

VCURamFan
03-03-2009, 04:45 AM
OK, everyone, the tickets go on sale Thursday. Do y'all want me to buy the $75 or the $125 tickets? Also, I've only gotten money from 2 people right now, so I'm only going to be buying 3 tickets. If anyone else wants in, you better PM me ASAP.

gymcoach97
03-03-2009, 05:36 AM
Personally, I'm cheap. So, I say go for the $75 tickets. But, if you want to go for the $125, that's fine. I'll settle up the difference with you in Vegas if that's alright.

Have we decided on a hotel? Can we do the Sahara? I'll call and book it tomorrow if that's alright with you? I know that you'd like to be closer to the MGM...as would I...but, I doubt we'll be spending much time in the hotel, anyway. It's just a place to sleep, shower, and leave our things. And, I'm sure there are plenty of shuttles or definitely cabs to take us up and down the strip.

I want to go ahead and book my plane tickets...I was just sort of waiting to make sure that I got a ticket to the event and such. I'll probably fly in on Southwest. They seem to be offering some decent rates out of Indianapolis.

VCURamFan
03-03-2009, 05:37 AM
Personally, I'm cheap. So, I say go for the $75 tickets. But, if you want to go for the $125, that's fine. I'll settle up the difference with you in Vegas if that's alright.

Have we decided on a hotel? Can we do the Sahara? I'll call and book it tomorrow if that's alright with you? I know that you'd like to be closer to the MGM...as would I...but, I doubt we'll be spending much time in the hotel, anyway. It's just a place to sleep, shower, and leave our things. And, I'm sure there are plenty of shuttles or definitely cabs to take us up and down the strip.

I want to go ahead and book my plane tickets...I was just sort of waiting to make sure that I got a ticket to the event and such. I'll probably fly in on Southwest. They seem to be offering some decent rates out of Indianapolis.Sounds good to me.

gymcoach97
03-03-2009, 05:38 AM
In my experience, the difference between those bottom-end tickets (i.e. 50-100 or 75-125) is usually very little - often just a matter of 2-3 rows in some cases. I know when I went to UFC 77 and Preach and the gang bought tickets...they bought some for $100 and a couple for $50 that were literally two rows above the $100 tickets.

gymcoach97
03-03-2009, 05:40 AM
So, the Sahara is good? I'll call or go online tomorrow and reserve a room from the 21-24 since you're handling the tickets.

VCURamFan
03-03-2009, 05:41 AM
So, the Sahara is good? I'll call or go online tomorrow and reserve a room from the 21-24 since you're handling the tickets.Go for it, man.

gymcoach97
03-03-2009, 05:39 PM
I was on the website for the Sahara and they have a monorail that will take you up and down the strip...it says for as little as $5 and in less than 14 minutes.

The reviews on the place are mixed. Good and bad. But, hopefully, it won't be too bad of a stay. I'm sure I've probably stayed in far worse.

VCURamFan
03-03-2009, 06:52 PM
I was on the website for the Sahara and they have a monorail that will take you up and down the strip...it says for as little as $5 and in less than 14 minutes.

The reviews on the place are mixed. Good and bad. But, hopefully, it won't be too bad of a stay. I'm sure I've probably stayed in far worse.I'm pretty easy-going when it comes to hotels. Like you said, it's just a place to shower & sleep!

mikthehick
03-03-2009, 07:26 PM
I'm down for either 75 or 125 tickets Ben. I'm really surprised that no one is taking advantage of your Fight Club membership :blink:

We are all going in about 10 weeks!!!!

I'll need a vacation by then i'm sure.

VCURamFan
03-03-2009, 07:33 PM
I'm down for either 75 or 125 tickets Ben. I'm really surprised that no one is taking advantage of your Fight Club membership :blink:

We are all going in about 10 weeks!!!!

I'll need a vacation by then i'm sure.Yeah, I was really hoping Dawn would have taken advantage of me.:Whistle:

mikthehick
03-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Yeah, I was really hoping Dawn would have taken advantage of me.:Whistle:

come on now, that just sounds wrong!!!

VCURamFan
03-03-2009, 08:08 PM
come on now, that just sounds wrong!!!And yet so right!:laugh:

Llamafighter
03-03-2009, 08:47 PM
And yet so right!:laugh:

Without your lanyard you're just another dude!

Primadawn
03-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Good grief...

VCURamFan
03-03-2009, 09:31 PM
Sorry, you've got forgive me. We go real snow here in Richmond for the first time in about a decade & it's making me a bit insane!

TexasRN
03-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Sorry, you've got forgive me. We go real snow here in Richmond for the first time in about a decade & it's making me a bit insane!

I had it first. Sent it your way.

~Amy

VCURamFan
03-03-2009, 10:26 PM
I had it first. Sent it your way.

~AmySee, it's Amy's fault I'm so crazy right now!:wacko:

TexasRN
03-03-2009, 10:30 PM
See, it's Amy's fault I'm so crazy right now!:wacko:

Everything is always my fault. Did you not get the memo that the world revolves around me?

~Amy

VCURamFan
03-04-2009, 03:18 AM
The Fight Club Pre-sale for UFC 98: Lesnar v. Mir 2 in Las Vegas, Nevada on May 23, 2009 starts Thursday, March 5 at 10 AM PT. Login to the UFC Fight Club to get your unique pre-sale code from the 'Events' page, and click on the pre-sale tickets link next to the UFC 98: Lesnar v. Mir 2 event listing to input your code and access tickets on Ticketmaster.com.
Remember that you must be an Ultimate UFC Fight Club member to receive a pre-sale code. You can go to the 'Account' page at anytime to upgrade your membership.
If you have questions, please contact us at UFCFightClub@Support.Sparkart.com.
See you in Vegas!

gymcoach97
03-04-2009, 04:14 AM
Alrighty, I've booked a room at the Sahara as well for myself and VCURamfan.

We got 3 nights in the "Premium" room for $162.00 + fees. All total, it's like $176 - so, about $90 for the both of us.

Atom - you should've booked through their website directly. We could've gotten a non-smoking standard room for like $126. Since it was so cheap, I figured that it was worth an upgrade to a little better room than just their basic room.

Apparently, there is a monorail that runs along the strip. I called the Sahara to ask a couple questions before I booked online and the lady told me that the monorail (which runs to the MGM as well as all of the major casinos...Harrah's, Bally's, Caesars, from what the route showed...) operates from 7 am to 3 am and costs $5 per trip, $12 for a day pass, and like $28 for a 3-day pass. Hopefully, she wasn't lying.

mikthehick
03-04-2009, 04:53 AM
I feel kinda bad that you guys have to pay so much for a bed in Vegas

(shuffles along merry way.....)

VCURamFan
03-04-2009, 05:02 AM
Does Kim have Alzheimer's?

Primadawn
03-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Did you buy tickets today Ben???:w00t:

gymcoach97
03-05-2009, 06:06 PM
They just went on sale a few minutes ago. (10 am PCT...which is 1 pm EST, 12 CST, etc.)

I'm sure Ben is on top of it...I have confidence in him...ha ha!

Primadawn
03-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Oh. I only remembered 10:00--Didn't pay attention to the PCT! Sorry babe!

VCURamFan
03-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Ask & ye shall recieve!

You purchased 5 tickets to:
__________________________________________________ _____________
UFC 98: LESNAR vs. MIR 2
MGM Grand Hotel, Las Vegas, NV
Sat, May 23, 2009 05:00 PM

Order for: Ben Westcott
Seat location: section U202, row P, seats 2-6

gymcoach97
03-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Which ones did you end up buying? 75 or 125?

VCURamFan
03-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Which ones did you end up buying? 75 or 125?$800:ninja:

County Mike
03-05-2009, 06:23 PM
$800:ninja:

Damn rich boy! Send some of that loot my way. :blink:

Miss Foxy
03-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Are you going? YES!!!____________________________________________ ________________

Are you bringing anyone? IM GOING 2 VEGAS W/FRIENDS AS FAR AS THE FIGHT IDK_______________________________________________ _____

SOUTHERN CALI______________________________________________ ____

DRIVING OR POSSIBLY FLYING IN

When are you getting to Vegas? FRIDAY 05/22________________________________________________

THE RIO

Would you like/want to room with other forumite(s)? NO THX________________________________

Where are you sitting at the event ($100, $200, etc.)?__PROBABLY THE $400/$500 AREA_____________________________

Would you like/want to sit with other forumite(s)? SURE!!___________________________________

IM NOT A GAMBLER SO DANCE, DANCE, AND DRINK!!!____________________________________

When are you leaving? PROBABLY SUNDAY EVENING___________________________________________ ____________

VCURamFan
03-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Damn rich boy! Send some of that loot my way. :blink:I don't think you understand: they sent me a bunch of money to buy tickets with. Let's just say this: on the real receipt, it doesn't say tickets: 5!:laugh::Whistle:

Just kidding. Here's the seating chart:
http://media.ticketmaster.com/en-us/tmimages/venue/maps/nev/25505s.gif
We're in the "upper right" corner of this pic: section 202U

County Mike
03-05-2009, 06:33 PM
I don't think you understand: they sent me a bunch of money to buy tickets with. Let's just say this: on the real receipt, it doesn't say tickets: 5!:laugh::Whistle:

Just kidding. Here's the seating chart:
http://media.ticketmaster.com/en-us/tmimages/venue/maps/nev/25505s.gif
We're in the "upper right" corner of this pic: section 202U

Take binoculars! :tongue0011:

I'm guessing the arena isn't super huge, so even the upper seats should still give you a good view. I'm thinking they weren't $800 seats though. How much per ticket?

Miss Foxy
03-05-2009, 06:36 PM

I'm guessing the arena isn't super huge, so even the upper seats should still give you a good view. I'm thinking they weren't $800 seats though. How much per ticket? Tickets start at $125 and go to $800 as of today....

County Mike
03-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Tickets start at $125 and go to $800 as of today....

Thanks sweetcheeks, but I really meant for the tickets that Ben purchased. Since he's sitting near the top, I'm guessing his weren't the $800 seats.

VCURamFan
03-05-2009, 06:39 PM

I'm guessing the arena isn't super huge, so even the upper seats should still give you a good view. I'm thinking they weren't $800 seats though. How much per ticket?$799?

If you call shenanigans enough times, we might get down to the actual ticket price!:laugh:

gymcoach97
03-05-2009, 06:39 PM
I think that 202U is going to be extremely lively and definitely a pro- Matt Hughes section for sure.

So, are those the 125 or the 75? Just trying to determine how much extra I owe if it's the 125. I know that there is like another 10-15 dollars worth of "fees" that Ticketmaster likes to charge.

VCURamFan
03-05-2009, 06:42 PM
FYI: I'm not trying to be a jerk about the ticket prices, I'm just trying to be responsible. Since a bunch of other people trusted me with their money, I don't wanna go around blabbing about what it was spent on without their permission. I'm probably being overly protective, but I figure better safe than sorry. Chris: I'll PM you.

County Mike
03-05-2009, 06:44 PM
FYI: I'm not trying to be a jerk about the ticket prices, I'm just trying to be responsible. Since a bunch of other people trusted me with their money, I don't wanna go around blabbing about what it was spent on without their permission. I'm probably being overly protective, but I figure better safe than sorry. Chris: I'll PM you.

Yeah, you're probably being a little oversensitive but better safe than sorry. Personally, I wouldn't care if people knew how much I spent on tickets. It's my hookers and blow figures that I like to keep private.

VCURamFan
03-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Yeah, you're probably being a little oversensitive but better safe than sorry. Personally, I wouldn't care if people knew how much I spent on tickets. It's my hookers and blow figures that I like to keep private.Hahaha, you're probably right, shipoopi. Like I said, I don't think it's a big deal. I mean, we've discussed money fairly openly in this thread, but I just want to be sure that I'm not speaking out of turn.

($798?:unsure-1:)

Miss Foxy
03-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Yeah, you're probably being a little oversensitive but better safe than sorry. Personally, I wouldn't care if people knew how much I spent on tickets. It's my hookers and blow figures that I like to keep private.
lol ur 2 much!! I don't care about the prices either as long as I am there!! If people I go with decide they want to be more economical I will eat some humble pie and go with the flow.. Im there to support Matt and I will promise everyone I am!! :frantics:

Primadawn
03-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Ben--thanks babe!

VCURamFan
03-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Ben--thanks babe!No problem, shipoopi!

kevint13
03-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Got my tickets ordered today....sitting front row in section 217L. I agree with what others said, the arena is probably not that large so hopefully every seat has a good view of the cage.

VCURamFan
03-05-2009, 07:14 PM
OK, here's another piece of business: the Q&A.

As all of you know, there's always a Fighter Q&A just before the weigh-ins that is reserved for Fight Club members. Each fight club member is allowed 1 guest. So the question is: who wants to be my guest?

(Let the bribing begin!!!!)

VCURamFan
03-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Got my tickets ordered today....sitting front row in section 217L. I agree with what others said, the arena is probably not that large so hopefully every seat has a good view of the cage.That's awesome, dude! We should try to exchange info so we can meet up. Also, follow my lead: auction off your Fight Club guest spot!!

gymcoach97
03-05-2009, 07:30 PM

As all of you know, there's always a Fighter Q&A just before the weigh-ins that is reserved for Fight Club members. Each fight club member is allowed 1 guest. So the question is: who wants to be my guest?

I'll probably join the Fight Club beforehand, anyway. So, you can choose someone else and then I'll be able to choose someone. How much is the Fight Club? 75 bucks for a year, right?

Jeff Crow
03-05-2009, 07:31 PM
:ninja:

VCURamFan
03-05-2009, 07:36 PM
I'll probably join the Fight Club beforehand, anyway. So, you can choose someone else and then I'll be able to choose someone. How much is the Fight Club? 75 bucks for a year, right?I think it was $83.something after it was all said & done.

O & Jeff, this is for you & your 5000 ninja faces in the last day! http://www.postwhore.biz/albums/userpics/10002/thumb_postwhore.gif

County Mike
03-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Haha. I was just thinking about how often he posts a lone ninja face.

VCURamFan
03-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Haha. I was just thinking about how often he posts a lone ninja face.$5 says it some kinda bet between him & another mod.

kevint13
03-05-2009, 07:57 PM
That's awesome, dude! We should try to exchange info so we can meet up. Also, follow my lead: auction off your Fight Club guest spot!!

Nah...I'm meeting my dad in Vegas so he is going to the Q&A with me. We are staying downtown on Fremont St....was cheaper rooms when we booked. But I am game for meeting up on Friday or something.

VCURamFan
03-05-2009, 08:01 PM
Nah...I'm meeting my dad in Vegas so he is going to the Q&A with me. We are staying downtown on Fremont St....was cheaper rooms when we booked. But I am game for meeting up on Friday or something.Cool, man. I'll PM you closer to the date & get your cell number & stuff.

Chuck
03-06-2009, 04:53 AM
:ninja:

Sheesh post like a man!!!:sign0014:

:happy0198:

huan
03-06-2009, 07:16 PM
U220 here -- I tried to justify getting closer seats, but the price difference is 2-3 cases of ammo.

Sugar Shane
03-07-2009, 04:40 AM
CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! Didnt know tickets went on sale!!! Alot of good being a fight club member does for me!!!!!! I will have to check tomorrow to see how much I am going to have to fork over. This may put the end to my trip to vegas!!!! UggggggghhhhhhH!!!!!!

VCURamFan
03-07-2009, 05:01 AM
Man, I wish I would have known, I have gotten you a ticket.

Sugar Shane
03-07-2009, 06:01 AM
Crisis averted!!! I got my tickets!! I had to spend a little more, but I will be there!!

Sugar Shane
03-07-2009, 06:07 AM

Ditto for me........oh wait, I am bringing my guest, sorry guys! :ninja:

Was that mean??

atomdanger
03-07-2009, 06:19 AM
Alrighty, I've booked a room at the Sahara as well for myself and VCURamfan.

We got 3 nights in the "Premium" room for $162.00 + fees. All total, it's like $176 - so, about $90 for the both of us.

Atom - you should've booked through their website directly. We could've gotten a non-smoking standard room for like $126. Since it was so cheap, I figured that it was worth an upgrade to a little better room than just their basic room.

Apparently, there is a monorail that runs along the strip. I called the Sahara to ask a couple questions before I booked online and the lady told me that the monorail (which runs to the MGM as well as all of the major casinos...Harrah's, Bally's, Caesars, from what the route showed...) operates from 7 am to 3 am and costs $5 per trip, $12 for a day pass, and like $28 for a 3-day pass. Hopefully, she wasn't lying.

Oh nice nice, good we will be in the same hotel!

VCURamFan
03-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Good news, y'all:

Hi,
The ticket(s) you ordered on March 05, 2009 for ULTIMATE FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP have been printed! They will be shipped to you shortly via UPS.

BReal28
03-10-2009, 07:03 AM
i went on ticketmaster and it said it wasn't available. do you guys think everything is all sold out already? if it is i will be pretty angry :punch: :)

MattHughesRocks
03-10-2009, 07:05 AM
I think Ben is a fight club member and the tickets havent gone on sale to the public yet. if you plan on going you better find out when they do go on sale because the cheaper ones go really fast.

i went on ticketmaster and it said it wasn't available. do you guys think everything is all sold out already? if it is i will be pretty angry :punch: :)

bry241173
03-12-2009, 01:05 AM
You're coming all the way from England?

I will buy you a beer

Yes indeed, all the way from england, i went to 85 and have been sulking ever since, i NEED to see matt win.

bry241173
03-12-2009, 01:21 AM
Ordered out tickets on monday when it was "very likely" to be Rampage v Rashad. The fiancee's favourite is Rampage, then it gets switched for boring boring machida.
Accidentally spent $1200 on 2 seats, oopsy :w00t: :w00t:

matthughesfan21
03-12-2009, 01:37 AM
I currently the leading bidder on ebay for 2 tickets in the section just in front of where Ben and the gang are sitting, who knows if I will win or not(still a week left), but I'm winning the bid for basically half the retail right now, if I win, its only 3 weeks after my birthday, see if mom and dad would be willing to cover the flight and stuff

Sugar Shane
03-12-2009, 10:48 AM
I am in section 207L. Not the nosebleeds, but pretty darn close to them!! LOL!! Oh well, WAR MATT!!!!!!!!

mikthehick
03-14-2009, 04:02 AM
Got a msge from the wonderful PrimaDawn that we are all in Vegas in TEN weeks!!!!!

AHHHH!!!!

matthughesfan21
03-15-2009, 08:44 PM
I think Ben is a fight club member and the tickets havent gone on sale to the public yet. if you plan on going you better find out when they do go on sale because the cheaper ones go really fast.went on sale to the public the 7th...the only way you are getting tickets now is through stubhub at inflated prices, or through ebay(this is the route I'm hoping for, I'm barely winning the bid right now, and if it goes up another 20 bucks, I'm gonna have to give it up

Miss Foxy
03-18-2009, 04:03 PM
Wheres everyone going to lodge at? Just curious....:)

atomdanger
03-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Wheres everyone going to lodge at? Just curious....:)

Sahara

Primadawn
03-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Harrah's

philips4
03-18-2009, 11:21 PM
Mandalay Bay

Miss Foxy
03-19-2009, 01:06 AM
Sahara
They have a yummy buffet!! lol.. HOLLA!!

Miss Foxy
03-19-2009, 01:07 AM
Harrah's
Cool Cool..... Aren't ya'll excited? Wow its getting close!!! :)

matthughesfan21
03-19-2009, 03:41 AM
i was going to stay at planet hollywood if I won the ebay bid for the tickets, but that didn't work out, so I'm staying at home and watching it with all my friends, I'm a little bummed, but hopefully he may fight again after demolishing serra and I can go to that, hopefully in the midwest though, I'll go to Vegas the summer of 2011 if anyone wants to meet me there though:laugh:

Miss Foxy
03-19-2009, 06:29 AM
i was going to stay at planet hollywood if I won the ebay bid for the tickets, but that didn't work out, so I'm staying at home and watching it with all my friends, I'm a little bummed, but hopefully he may fight again after demolishing serra and I can go to that, hopefully in the midwest though, I'll go to Vegas the summer of 2011 if anyone wants to meet me there though:laugh: Im always down to go to vegas its only 3hrs away from me!!:wink:

matthughesfan21
03-19-2009, 06:54 AM
Im always down to go to vegas its only 3hrs away from me!!:wink:the only way I'm going to vegas is if it is for a fight now(i would have to have a 21 year old guest to eve check into the hotel), without that, I don't think it would be too fun without being 21...so 2011 it is:angry: ...and its 3 hours from me also

on a plane:laugh:

mikthehick
03-21-2009, 02:14 PM
8 weeks!

Can't wait to see this, gets me pumped. Maybe we can make the upper corner of the nosebleeds section like a little clubhouse :)

Also time to come straight with you guys. I'm not just going to Vegas to see Matt Hughes fight, but also to visit with family. So I'm not going to be with yall the whole weekend, but def for the fights. My gramps is 80 now and I dont' know how much time he has left here, so need to make the most of the time we've got :cool:

Sugar Shane
03-21-2009, 10:29 PM
GOT MY TICKETS!!!!!! Alright, now I am getting a little pumped! Also got the hotel squared away, we will be staying at Circus Circus. I guess I will be riding "The Duece" to get around. It is a double decker bus kind of like they have in England and whatnot.

mikthehick
03-22-2009, 12:05 AM
GOT MY TICKETS!!!!!! Alright, now I am getting a little pumped! Also got the hotel squared away, we will be staying at Circus Circus. I guess I will be riding "The Duece" to get around. It is a double decker bus kind of like they have in England and whatnot.

I'll have a rental car, so if you guys need a ride anywhere on Saturday, you just ask :)

Sunday though, I'm taking Gramps to Utah and the Hoover Dam....:w00t:

Sugar Shane
03-22-2009, 01:42 AM
I'll have a rental car, so if you guys need a ride anywhere on Saturday, you just ask :)

Sunday though, I'm taking Gramps to Utah and the Hoover Dam....:w00t:

Thanks Kim!! You are awesome!! I will have to get everyones numbers before the trip.

mikthehick
03-22-2009, 02:53 AM
Thanks Kim!! You are awesome!! I will have to get everyones numbers before the trip.

Anytime my friend. Sometimes driving in a city you aren't familiar with can get lonely :wink: we'll be in touch via pm

Don't need to make number public....

Sugar Shane
03-22-2009, 03:49 AM
Anytime my friend. Sometimes driving in a city you aren't familiar with can get lonely :wink: we'll be in touch via pm

Don't need to make number public....

I agree.......have you seen some of the creepy people on here???!!! LOL!!!!

mikthehick
03-25-2009, 04:34 AM
So what are everyone's plans going to be for this? I figured I'd save Saturday PM to hang out, since I won't make the weigh ins.

What goes on before and after the fights? Please let this UFC virgin know :laugh: And please don't laugh, I'm experienced with local live fights, but this is a whole different ball game, plus the first time I could afford to go to a UFC, both moneywise and in the realm of having time off from work.

Anyway, what do yall think?

Primadawn
03-25-2009, 02:06 PM
I'll have Friday all day/night to hang with forum peeps. Going to weighins/etc. with my friend BEN!!!
Friday night--karaoke in Boomer's honor!

Saturday I will just be meeting up with people right before the fights I imagine. My neice is getting married in the morning (11:00) and I'll be with family most of the day.

Miss Foxy
03-25-2009, 03:36 PM
So what are everyone's plans going to be for this? I figured I'd save Saturday PM to hang out, since I won't make the weigh ins.

What goes on before and after the fights? Please let this UFC virgin know :laugh: And please don't laugh, I'm experienced with local live fights, but this is a whole different ball game, plus the first time I could afford to go to a UFC, both moneywise and in the realm of having time off from work.

Anyway, what do yall think?
Kimmy Kimmy :wink: I will be up Saturday and after the fights im in to hang out!!

mikthehick
03-25-2009, 04:03 PM
I'll have Friday all day/night to hang with forum peeps. Going to weighins/etc. with my friend BEN!!!
Friday night--karaoke in Boomer's honor!

Saturday I will just be meeting up with people right before the fights I imagine. My neice is getting married in the morning (11:00) and I'll be with family most of the day.

Let's go out friday if we can :D That would be AWESOME! I've never really experienced the strip even though I've been there two months of my life (I was also an infant...)-----> I'll be flying in at 800 pm on Friday...then need to get a car, but should be set after that :D

Primadawn
03-25-2009, 04:41 PM
Not flying in until Friday night? Ben and I will be 3 sheets to the wind and singing drunken karaoke by then...

mikthehick
03-25-2009, 04:56 PM
Not flying in until Friday night? Ben and I will be 3 sheets to the wind and singing drunken karaoke by then...

by 800??!!! :blink:

matthughesfan21
03-25-2009, 05:33 PM
by 800??!!! :blink:Go big or go home

gymcoach97
03-26-2009, 08:02 AM
Just purchased my airline tickets a couple hours ago...

I'm scheduled to arrive in Vegas on Thursday May 21 at 4:05 on Southwest Airlines Flight 802 from Indianapolis. So, if it crashes, confirm that I am actually on that flight and that I am either dead or injured to the point that I am unable to continue on to my final destination - Las Vegas, UFC 98, MGM Grand Garden Arena. At that point, feel free to give away or sell my ticket to a worthy Matt Hughes fan or forum member. Please give the proceeds to a worthy charity - The Matt Serra FUBAR Fund.

I am scheduled to depart lovely Las Vegas on Sunday at 1:20 p.m.

VCURamFan
03-26-2009, 08:11 AM
Not flying in until Friday night? Ben and I will be 3 sheets to the wind and singing drunken karaoke by then...Yes we will. This trip is gonna be sweeeet!!!

Miss Foxy
03-26-2009, 03:57 PM

I'm scheduled to arrive in Vegas on Thursday May 21 at 4:05 on Southwest Airlines Flight 802 from Indianapolis. So, if it crashes, confirm that I am actually on that flight and that I am either dead or injured to the point that I am unable to continue on to my final destination - Las Vegas, UFC 98, MGM Grand Garden Arena. At that point, feel free to give away or sell my ticket to a worthy Matt Hughes fan or forum member. Please give the proceeds to a worthy charity - The Matt Serra FUBAR Fund.

Oh my stars your too much!! Ok I will toast ya if your plane goes down, but I think you will arrive safely in sin city!! :frantics:

County Mike
03-26-2009, 03:59 PM

If it does go down, I'm blaming it on a defective plane. The air traffic control software is solid!

Chuck

SWEET!!!!

I call dibs on your ticket................ if you die that is :D

Miss Foxy
If it does go down, I'm blaming it on a defective plane. The air traffic control software is solid!
My bestest friend used to work at JFK as an air traffic controller...

County Mike
03-26-2009, 04:01 PM
My bestest friend used to work at JFK as an air traffic controller...

http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/images/cd/small/Pushing_Tin_Restless73519.gif

matthughesfan21
03-26-2009, 05:53 PM
http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/images/cd/small/Pushing_Tin_Restless73519.gifi see nothing:huh:

Primadawn
03-26-2009, 05:55 PM
i see nothing:huh:

He posted a pic of a little red "x" Derek...duh!

County Mike
03-26-2009, 06:17 PM
It's a movie poster from "Pushing Tin". The movie with John Cusack, Billy Bob Thornton and Angelina Jolie about air traffic controllers.

Shows up on my PC.

Chuck
03-26-2009, 08:48 PM
i see nothing:huh:

LOL.... Sgt Shultz............

I see nothing either :D

mikthehick
03-28-2009, 05:40 AM
I thought this thread was about UFC 98 :huh:

VCURamFan
04-02-2009, 07:33 PM
O nos!!!!

Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important traffic alert on behalf of MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas,NV. Please be aware that there is construction on Tropicana Ave. and Las Vegas Blvd. Please allow extra travel time when you're coming to the MGM Grand Garden Arena for your upcoming event.
Please note the below alternate routes provided by the venue:
*Guests coming in via the I15 can take the Russell Road exit.
*Guests coming from the more Northern end of the strip can utilize Koval Lane instead of Las Vegas Blvd.
Directions and parking information for the MGM Grand Garden Arena is located on our website at: http://www.ticketmaster.com/venue/188455?tm_link=edp_Venue_Name_1 (http://www.ticketmaster.com/venue/188455?tm_link=edp_Venue_Name_1)
You can check for alternate routes by visiting the map section on the Ask.com website at: http://maps.ask.com/maps (http://maps.ask.com/maps)
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Ticketmaster Customer Service at:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/asktm.html (http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/asktm.html)
Thank you for using Ticketmaster, where we really appreciate your business!

I just got this e-mail. Not actually a big deal, but I hadn't posted in this thread for awhile, so I figured I'd just pass this along.

Hurrah for post count! :laugh:

mikthehick
04-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Ok so who is in again? I'm lazy and don't wanna scroll through 10 pages of thread :laugh:

gymcoach97
04-02-2009, 09:40 PM
I am in...

Arrive in Vegas on Thurs at 4:05

Depart on Sunday at 1:20

Staying with Ben (VCURamFan) at the Sahara and sitting with the folks that Ben bought tickets for.

-Chris

P.S. I'm also planning to attend the Strikeforce event in STL...

Miss Foxy
04-02-2009, 10:03 PM
You already know im in.. Staying at the MGM Grand arrival Saturday morning departing Monday afternoon..Hope 2 see ya'll.....I will have a Vodka Collins in one hand my mans hand in the other:wink:

mikthehick
04-03-2009, 12:27 AM
Me three, sitting with Ben and gymcoach in the bird's nest and just glad to be going :w00t:

Along with staying at my aunt's house, my head instructor and his awesome wife are also coming, but they have ringside :) I may just give my camera to them to take pictures for me :laugh:

I get there on Friday night and leave early Monday am.

And I'm going to the Hoover Dam and maybe Utah on Sunday :cool:

Chuck
04-03-2009, 04:09 AM
O nos!!!!

I just got this e-mail. Not actually a big deal, but I hadn't posted in this thread for awhile, so I figured I'd just pass this along.

Hurrah for post count! :laugh:

Don't you have homework??

VCURamFan
04-03-2009, 06:21 AM
Don't you have homework??Ugh, don't remind me. Why do you think I'm still up right now? In the last 60hrs, I've slept for 8. I'm running on fumes right now & I've still got class, studying, trombone practice, work & then more studying tomorrow night.:wacko:

Sugar Shane
04-03-2009, 03:03 PM
I AM IN TOO!!!!! I will be there about 10:00 Thursday night and have all day Friday and Saturday morning to hang out and do whatever. I heard there were some fights or something Saturday night, I might try to check them out, I heard some guy from Illinois was fighting, so I will go support him. :) I am sitting in section 207L, one section down from nosebleeds, all the nosebleeds were gone. If anyone wants to hang out, PM me and we can exchange #'s or whatever. I am leaving Sunday evening after the adrenaline subsides. LOL!!

Primadawn
04-04-2009, 06:42 AM
Again...I'm going--getting there early Thurs. afternoon--going to weigh-ins with Ben :w00t: ...I've pretty much got all day Friday and Friday night to hang--Anyone who wants my cell #--PM me--as long as you promise not to drunk dial me!
Saturday morning I'll be at my neice's wedding--so I'll meet up with you kids just before the fight.
Not going home until Tuesday. I can't wait!:w00t:

bry241173
04-09-2009, 10:47 AM
And i along with my finacee am the UK representative of Team Hughes!!

Cannot wait to experience everything vegas has to offer, and see the New York Gnome get his comeuppance!!

Llamafighter
04-09-2009, 01:01 PM
I'll be there too! Getting in bright and early on Friday and leaving Sunday afternoon.
Can someone tell me the best way to get tickets to the weigh-ins?
I wonder if it would make sense to jsut get a fight club membershipp. imagine there will be a Q and A afterwards.

mikthehick
04-09-2009, 01:42 PM
I'm jealous that you guys will be at weigh ins :laugh:

Should I call someone once I get my rental car? Or will everyone be already partying it up somewhere? If that's the case I'll just leave you guys well enough alone and just go to the fights on Saturday.

My flight doesn't get in until 9....I know I'm a loser but I have to hang out in LA all afternoon :wacko:

Boomer
04-09-2009, 01:51 PM
I'll be there too! Getting in bright and early on Friday and leaving Sunday afternoon.
Can someone tell me the best way to get tickets to the weigh-ins?
I wonder if it would make sense to jsut get a fight club membershipp. imagine there will be a Q and A afterwards.

mark Im a fight club member. You can get in with me. :wink:

Llamafighter
04-09-2009, 02:08 PM
mark Im a fight club member. You can get in with me. :wink:

:w00t: SWEEEEEEET!
Then the JD and coke is on me:laugh:

Boomer
04-09-2009, 03:24 PM
:w00t: SWEEEEEEET!
Then the JD and coke is on me:laugh:

I do belly button shots ... :mellow: :blink:

Primadawn
04-09-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm going to weighins with Ben--we should all hook up for that. We have the same deal, except I have to buy him drinks all night to drink out of my stiletto! :laugh:

VCURamFan
04-09-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm going to weighins with Ben--we should all hook up for that. We have the same deal, except I have to buy him drinks all night to drink out of my stiletto! :laugh:Well, I hadn't realized that was part of the deal, but who am I to argue with good fortune?

:happydancing::happydancing::happydancing:

County Mike
04-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Well, I hadn't realized that was part of the deal, but who am I to argue with good fortune?

:happydancing::happydancing::happydancing:

Hot legs or not, I would NOT be drinking out of anyone's shoe.
Hot chick belly button shots is a different story. Cleavage shots are better.

Primadawn
04-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Actually...I won't be bringing any closed-toe shoes...so that's out I guess...

I would not drink anything out of anyone's belly button...ick!

Guess I'm just buying Ben drinks in a glass...:laugh:

Llamafighter
04-09-2009, 06:48 PM
I do belly button shots ... :mellow: :blink:
:scared0015:

How do you bend over that far??:laugh:

Llamafighter
04-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Actually...I won't be bringing any closed-toe shoes...so that's out I guess...

I would not drink anything out of anyone's belly button...ick!

Guess I'm just buying Ben drinks in a glass...:laugh:

I'd be more than happy to lend you one of my shoes, just remember that NY is a walking city :sick:

County Mike
04-09-2009, 06:50 PM
:scared0015:

How do you bend over that far??:laugh:

hahaha. I can just picture that. A SELF belly button shot. Flexible and desperate.

Llamafighter
04-09-2009, 06:53 PM
hahaha. I can just picture that. A SELF belly button shot. Flexible and desperate.

That's why marilyn Manson had his/her bottom ribs removed, right?:laugh:

mikthehick
04-10-2009, 01:47 PM