PDA

View Full Version : UFC 98 Preparation Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

mikthehick
04-10-2009, 04:14 PM
...about 6 weeks out from our trip people!

I haven't even gotten leave approved yet, better work on that today :whip:

TexasRN
04-10-2009, 04:28 PM
:w00t: SWEEEEEEET!
Then the JD and coke is on me:laugh:

Mark is coming too? Awesome!

I guess I finally have to break down and buy a Matt Hughes shirt now. :laugh: I wanna go to the weigh ins but will settle for joining the party afterwards.

~Amy

mikthehick
04-10-2009, 04:31 PM

I guess I finally have to break down and buy a Matt Hughes shirt now. :laugh: I wanna go to the weigh ins but will settle for joining the party afterwards.

~Amy

No worries....I totally was a tool and forgot weigh ins existed :banghead: :duh:

Comes with being psuedo-blonde....my flight doesn't get in until 8.....we'll see...not super confident on anything right now.

VCURamFan
04-10-2009, 04:41 PM
This is going to be AWESOME!!!!

OK, so by my last count, here's the forumites that'll be attending:

1) Me - Flies in Thurs
2) Dawn - Flies in Thurs
3) Chris (gymcoach) - Flies in Thurs
4) Kim - Flies in Thurs but hangs with family 'til fight day
5) Spiritwarrior - dunno when he flies in
6) Atom & Jesse Danger - Dunno when they fly in
7) Mark - Flies in Thurs?
8) Boomer - Flies in Thurs
9) Amy - Flies in Fri
10) Melissa - dunno when she flies in

I also know that Shane was thinking of coming with a pal, but I'm not sure if anything materialized from that. You coming, man?

mikthehick
04-10-2009, 04:43 PM

True, I think just "Being" at a MH fight is going to be one of the year's highlights for a good number of us :)

VCURamFan
04-10-2009, 04:48 PM
True, I think just "Being" at a MH fight is going to be one of the year's highlights for a good number of us :)My trip to Columbus back in '07 is still a highlight for me, and I only got to meet a few forumites: Preach, Nate, Doc Tonya & Talkin_Smack (who remembers him from the old-old forums?). This time there's gonna be like 3x as many forumites, plus alcohol plus karaoke, plus a bloody sarah! It's a recipe for nirvana!!!!!!

atomdanger
04-10-2009, 05:14 PM

Thursday Afternoon, mom wouldn't let Jesse come, so I am bringing any random friend who doesn't have to work.

atomdanger
04-10-2009, 05:16 PM
haha we're going to have a pretty big crew.

Other than touring some gyms I didn't know plans,
but we should all try to get together at least for a few minutes and take a picture

mikthehick
04-10-2009, 05:29 PM

1) Me - Flies in Thurs
2) Dawn - Flies in Thurs
9) Amy - Flies in Fri

I also know that Shane was thinking of coming with a pal, but I'm not sure if anything materialized from that. You coming, man?

Changes---I fly in FRIDAY...night to be exact. I get there at 8, need to find a rental car, then I really don't know what's happening. My aunt lives about 20 minutes from the Strip in West Las Vegas.

I'll know this, Sunday is for the family, so I might be open. we'll see.

gymcoach97
04-10-2009, 05:43 PM

1) Me - Flies in Thurs
2) Dawn - Flies in Thurs
9) Amy - Flies in Fri

Ben, did you already order your plane tickets?

Llamafighter
04-10-2009, 05:48 PM

1) Me - Flies in Thurs
2) Dawn - Flies in Thurs
9) Amy - Flies in Fri

Actually I get in about 7:am Vegas time!
This list makes me SOOOOO Excited!!

Llamafighter
04-10-2009, 05:51 PM

~Amy

:laugh: I was just thinking the same thing!
I have my autographed Team Hughes CAMO but I don't want anything ot happen to it and it's a XXL.
I'm off to OMR site :ninja:

mikthehick
04-10-2009, 07:10 PM
OK--leave approved, and I got a car for 3 days, with one day free! woo!

So I'm not sure what everyone's dinner/lunch plans are Saturday, but I should be around. I got a Pontiac G6 (or similar), so if you are sick of the Strip I can take some pile ins somewhere. There are some awesome restaurants there.

My dad and aunt know all the sweet spots, since they grew up in Vegas (I'm so stoked :w00t: )

VCURamFan
04-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Ben, did you already order your plane tickets?No, not yet. Trying to finish all of my school work is leaving me with no time to work & earn money. Everytime that I think I've finished a major project/paper & can go earn some cash, it turns out that I've actually got another one due the next week. It's getting to be incredibly frustrating.:unsure:

Miss Foxy
04-10-2009, 07:46 PM
I will be in Vegas Saturday afternoon...Yippee!! :laugh:

VCURamFan
04-10-2009, 07:56 PM
I will be in Vegas Saturday afternoon...Yippee!! :laugh: Just in time to watch sarah get pulverized!!!!!

Miss Foxy
04-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Just in time to watch sarah get pulverized!!!!!
Exactly.. Ok tell me am I too much.. My sister loves Matt Serra and GSP.. We constantly fight over it lol.. We were supposed to sit with each other..Well needless to say.. I told her take her and her Matt Serra fan club elsewhere!! :laugh: So she is sitting who knows where. I am not a very good sport huh?!?

VCURamFan
04-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Exactly.. Ok tell me am I too much.. My sister loves Matt Serra and GSP.. We constantly fight over it lol.. We were supposed to sit with each other..Well needless to say.. I told her take her and her Matt Serra fan club elsewhere!! :laugh: So she is sitting who knows where. I am not a very good sport huh?!?That's what makes you awesome.:wink:

gymcoach97
04-10-2009, 11:33 PM
Exactly.. Ok tell me am I too much.. My sister loves Matt Serra and GSP.. We constantly fight over it lol.. We were supposed to sit with each other..Well needless to say.. I told her take her and her Matt Serra fan club elsewhere!! :laugh: So she is sitting who knows where. I am not a very good sport huh?!?

She must like guys that are (have) small packages or are greasers.

kevint13
04-11-2009, 08:31 PM

1) Me - Flies in Thurs
2) Dawn - Flies in Thurs
9) Amy - Flies in Fri

Not sure if y'all forgot about me or don't want to hang with me :punch:

I get in Thursday about 5:30 pm. I would be up for meeting up with some people Thurs maybe for dinner or beverages or something.

VCURamFan
04-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Not sure if y'all forgot about me or don't want to hang with me :punch:

I get in Thursday about 5:30 pm. I would be up for meeting up with some people Thurs maybe for dinner or beverages or something.O crap, my bad, man. Sorry, my mind is goo right now.

HEY EVERYONE!!! DEUCE IS COMING TOO!!!!!!

Llamafighter
04-14-2009, 01:32 PM
haha we're going to have a pretty big crew.

Other than touring some gyms I didn't know plans,
but we should all try to get together at least for a few minutes and take a picture

Let me know what gym's you're touring. That sounds like a good time.
I'd love ot see Wandy's gym and Extreme couture.

gymcoach97
04-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Let me know what gym's you're touring. That sounds like a good time.
I'd love ot see Wandy's gym and Extreme couture.

Yeah, I think that we should do some snorkle training at Wanderlei's.
Ha ha.

Llamafighter
04-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Yeah, I think that we should do some snorkle training at Wanderlei's.
Ha ha.

Anything but that freaking ice bath!! Brrrrrrr

VCURamFan
04-21-2009, 08:46 PM
Anything but that freaking ice bath!! BrrrrrrrHey, we're gonna need that ice bath after we swing by Gina's...:happydancing:

O & good news: I just got paid for Pep Band, so I'll be buying my plane tix in the next day or two. I'll let y'all know my flight times once they're finalized.

Llamafighter
04-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Hey, we're gonna need that ice bath after we swing by Gina's...:happydancing:

O & good news: I just got paid for Pep Band, so I'll be buying my plane tix in the next day or two. I'll let y'all know my flight times once they're finalized.

You're right!we'll probably take multiple kicks to the jewels :scared0015:

COOL!

VCURamFan
04-21-2009, 08:56 PM
You're right!we'll probably take multiple kicks to the jewels :scared0015:

COOL!Hey, man, if that's what gets you going...:blink:

philips4
04-22-2009, 01:31 AM

1) Me - Flies in Thurs
2) Dawn - Flies in Thurs
9) Amy - Flies in Fri

:cool:
Hey I am coming too! Guess I need to post on here more often! We will be there Thursday night w/ a few of my girlfriends, staying until Sunday or Monday!

Christie

VCURamFan
04-22-2009, 05:08 AM
Hey I am coming too! Guess I need to post on here more often! We will be there Thursday night w/ a few of my girlfriends, staying until Sunday or Monday!

ChristieThat's awesome. If you wanna hook up with any of the rest of us, shoot me a PM w/ your number & I'll text you & let you know what's up.

gymcoach97
04-22-2009, 05:47 AM

Christie

Oh, good to hear! And, you're bringing friends, too...excellent. Since I'll be hooking up with Gina...some of these other guys might need dates for the weekend.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

philips4
04-22-2009, 07:29 AM
Oh, good to hear! And, you're bringing friends, too...excellent. Since I'll be hooking up with Gina...some of these other guys might need dates for the weekend.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Does Gina know about your plans, otherwise that is called kidnapping by a crazed fan! :jumping0045:

I've actually met her, she is really cool!!

VCURamFan
04-22-2009, 07:35 AM
Does Gina know about your plans, otherwise that is called kidnapping by a crazed fan! :jumping0045:

I've actually met her, she is really cool!!You wouldn't happen to have her cell number, would you? She seems to have switched phones about the same time she took out that restraining order.:ashamed:

On my friend, I mean. That restraining order on my friend!!:frantics:

mikthehick
04-23-2009, 05:07 AM
Ok, we are a month out, any "firm" plans in place? With that way we all plan....NOT

The only plans I have set are when my flight is arriving and leaving...:wink:

gymcoach97
04-23-2009, 05:08 AM
Does Gina know about your plans, otherwise that is called kidnapping by a crazed fan!
I've actually met her, she is really cool!!

If she knew my plans, then that would take away the surprise. But, I'm sure that she'll be all for my plans. I mean, if she punches me in the eye or drops me with a head kick, I'll take that as a sign that she likes me. :wink:

You wouldn't happen to have her cell number, would you? She seems to have switched phones about the same time she took out that restraining order.

Sounds like she's just playing hard to get. Unfortunately, she's going to like me, anyway. But, if you want to win her back over, maybe you should just park outside of her house and even peep into her windows. She'll probably be flattered. :laugh:

Just be sure not to get within 500 feet of the house so that you don't violate your restraining order.

VCURamFan
04-23-2009, 05:17 AM
Just be sure not to get within 500 feet of the house so that you don't violate your restraining order.O, it's cool. I've already got the spy-cams in place with a live feed to the internet.

MY FRIEND has the spy-cams in place, I mean.:ninja:

Llamafighter
04-23-2009, 01:28 PM
O, it's cool. I've already got the spy-cams in place with a live feed to the internet.

MY FRIEND has the spy-cams in place, I mean.:ninja:

:ninja: :angry: :ninja:

VCURamFan
04-23-2009, 09:36 PM
It's official, folks!!

Thu, May 21, 2009
Richmond (RIC) to Las Vegas McCarran International Airport (LAS)
Depart - Richmond, VA (RIC): 06:55am
Arrive - Dallas/Ft Worth, TX (DFW): 09:10am

Connection Time: 2 hrs 20 mins

Depart - Dallas/Ft Worth, TX (DFW): 11:30am
Arrive - Las Vegas, NV (LAS): 12:25pm

Total Travel Time: 8 hrs 30 mins

Sun, May 24, 2009
Las Vegas McCarran International Airport (LAS) to Richmond (RIC)

Depart - Las Vegas, NV (LAS): 11:30pm
Arrive - Chicago, IL (ORD): 04:58am

Connection Time: 4 hrs

Depart - Chicago, IL (ORD): 08:58am
Arrive - Richmond, VA (RIC): 11:58am

Total Travel Time: 9 hrs 28 mins

Primadawn
04-23-2009, 10:28 PM
It's official, folks!!

WOOOT!!!!

TexasRN
04-23-2009, 11:02 PM
Dang I am getting excited!!! I still have a ton of shopping to do!

~Amy

Llamafighter
04-23-2009, 11:34 PM
It's official, folks!!

AWESOME!!!!!!

Boomer
04-23-2009, 11:44 PM
Thats Awesome Ben! Looking forward to seeing you bud

mikthehick
04-24-2009, 04:41 PM
Wooo 4 weeks!

VCURamFan
04-27-2009, 04:56 PM
OK people, I've started a new thread that's just supposed to be a general schedule of events so people can see what the other forumites are/might be up to. It's over here:
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=35172#post35172

Like I said there, if I've made mistakes, tell me in here & I'll change them over there. No need to muddle that thread up with all my screw ups!

VCURamFan
04-27-2009, 04:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXZSmThz27g

Primadawn
04-27-2009, 04:59 PM
Add Amy to the karaoke party--she's singing!!!!:happydancing:

VCURamFan
04-27-2009, 05:31 PM
OK, so here's the fight card as it now stands:

Rashad Evans vs Lyoto Machida

Matt Hughes vs sarah

James Irvin vs Drew McFedries

Yushin Okami vs Dan Miller

Sean Sherk vs Frankie Edgar

Brock Larson vs Chris Wilson

Pat Barry vs Tim Hague

Phillipe Nover vs Kyle Bradley

Houston Alexander vs Andre Gusmao

Yoshiyuki Yoshida vs Brandon Wolff

Dave Kaplan vs George Roop

VCURamFan
04-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Add Amy to the karaoke party--she's singing!!!!:happydancing:Will do.

Llamafighter
04-27-2009, 06:39 PM
OK, so here's the fight card as it now stands:

Rashad Evans vs Lyoto Machida

Matt Hughes vs sarah

James Irvin vs Drew McFedries

Yushin Okami vs Dan Miller

Sean Sherk vs Frankie Edgar

Brock Larson vs Chris Wilson

Pat Barry vs Tim Hague

Phillipe Nover vs Kyle Bradley

Houston Alexander vs Andre Gusmao

Yoshiyuki Yoshida vs Brandon Wolff

Dave Kaplan vs George Roop

A fine card indeed!

philips4
04-27-2009, 07:39 PM
OK people, I've started a new thread that's just supposed to be a general schedule of events so people can see what the other forumites are/might be up to. It's over here:
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=35172#post35172

Like I said there, if I've made mistakes, tell me in here & I'll change them over there. No need to muddle that thread up with all my screw ups!

Woo hoo almost there! Okay, so we (me and 3 girlfriends) get in Thursday night, around 7 (we are driving). I would LOVE to go visit the gyms, will even have my car to drive...only one other friend I have has any interest so that opens up 3 spots. We (just 2 of us) will be at the q&A and weigh ins...then all of us at karaoke. Will be at the fights and then we leave Monday morning whenever we wake up.:sign0011:
Christie

VCURamFan
04-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Woo hoo almost there! Okay, so we (me and 3 girlfriends) get in Thursday night, around 7 (we are driving). I would LOVE to go visit the gyms, will even have my car to drive...only one other friend I have has any interest so that opens up 3 spots. We (just 2 of us) will be at the q&A and weigh ins...then all of us at karaoke. Will be at the fights and then we leave Monday morning whenever we wake up.:sign0011:
ChristieDuly noted & updated!

TexasRN
04-27-2009, 10:56 PM
Ben, you offered to let me pile in the car with you Sat. to visit gyms. Let me know if you still have room. I think I wanna do that and I'm skinny so I only need half a seat really. :laugh:

~Amy

VCURamFan
04-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Ben, you offered to let me pile in the car with you Sat. to visit gyms. Let me know if you still have room. I think I wanna do that and I'm skinny so I only need half a seat really. :laugh:

~AmyO right! See, this is why I have y'all double check me: it's dangerous to trust my memory!!!

TexasRN
04-27-2009, 11:06 PM
O right! See, this is why I have y'all double check me: it's dangerous to trust my memory!!!

If there isn't room, it's cool. I won't cry for long.:wink: Seriously, I can always find some kind of trouble to get into on my own.

~Amy

VCURamFan
04-27-2009, 11:06 PM
This brings up an important question: How many cars do we have for this field trip? We've currently got 8 interested in going (atom, gym, Llama, philips+friend, Shane, Texas & me) and only 5 seats (in philips4's car), so we'd need at least one other vehicle. Atom, are you driving in or flying?

Llamafighter
04-28-2009, 02:11 PM
We should look and see where all the gyms are located realtive to the hotels. I saw that Wand Fight Team is relatively close to where I'm staying so I wouldn't have a problem walking over ot that one. I think we should all be able to squeeze if we have to.

VCURamFan
04-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Here's a link to Google Maps. Here's the travel points shown:

A) Sahara Hotel (where atom, gym & I are staying)
B) Marc Laimon's Cobra Kai BJJ school
C) Wand Fight Team Gym
D) Xtreme Couture
E) MGM Grand

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=2535+Las+Vegas+Blvd+S,+Las+Vegas,+NV+89109&daddr=2104+Highland+Ave+las+vegas+to:4631+Dean+Mar tin+Dr,+Las+Vegas,+Clark,+Nevada+89103+to:4055+wes t+sunset+Las+Vegas,+89118+to:MGM+Grand,+Las+Vegas, +Clark,+Nevada+89109&geocode=&hl=en&mra=ls&sll=36.113194,-115.175514&sspn=0.130911,0.2211&ie=UTF8&ll=36.112917,-115.175514&spn=0.130912,0.2211&t=h&z=12

Llamafighter
04-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Well done, Ben! :laugh:

VCURamFan
04-28-2009, 06:00 PM
Well done, Ben! :laugh:I'm useful sometimes!:laugh:

gymcoach97
04-28-2009, 07:22 PM
There is a monorail that goes up and down the strip. When I reserved our room at the Sahara, they said that you can buy like a 3-day pass for like 20 or $25.00 and the thing operates from like 7 am to 3 am daily. So, if Wandy's gym is near the MGM, we can pretty much ride the rail and then walk to that one.

As for the others, it might be worth pitching in and renting a mini-van for a day or two. Enterprise usually has pretty good deals...particularly for the weekend.

I also want to visit UFC Headquarters.

Lastly, Ben, I'm going to look into changing my flight to an earlier one so that I can meet up with you at the airport. There's a Southwest flight that is scheduled for arrival at 1:05. I'm going to call and see how much it would cost me to switch to that flight. I'll keep you posted.

VCURamFan
04-28-2009, 07:26 PM
There is a monorail that goes up and down the strip. When I reserved our room at the Sahara, they said that you can buy like a 3-day pass for like 20 or $25.00 and the thing operates from like 7 am to 3 am daily. So, if Wandy's gym is near the MGM, we can pretty much ride the rail and then walk to that one.

As for the others, it might be worth pitching in and renting a mini-van for a day or two. Enterprise usually has pretty good deals...particularly for the weekend.

I also want to visit UFC Headquarters.

Lastly, Ben, I'm going to look into changing my flight to an earlier one so that I can meet up with you at the airport. There's a Southwest flight that is scheduled for arrival at 1:05. I'm going to call and see how much it would cost me to switch to that flight. I'll keep you posted.Cool, keep me posted. I looked around & couldn't find an address for UFC HQ. If you can find one, let me know.

Also, Kim just texted me & said that she wants to go to the gyms & that means we'll have her car, as well, so I think we should be OK.

Boomer
04-28-2009, 07:53 PM
there will be folks from Matt's gym and Hilsboro at Karaoke night too. We will have probably 25 folks there.

AND

(moved from the "clean" post

Sat after the fight there will be an after party at one of the clubs. No one should miss that. ;)

Llamafighter
04-28-2009, 07:56 PM
there will be folks from Matt's gym and Hilsboro at Karaoke night too. We will have probably 25 folks there.

AND

Sat after the fight there will be an after party at one of the clubs. No one should miss that. ;)

Good times! :happydancing:

sender
04-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Are you going? HECK YEH!

Are you bringing anyone? Nope

Where are you coming from? Canada eh

How are you getting to Vegas? Carrier Pigeon

When are you getting to Vegas? Around noon

Where are you staying in Vegas? Trapicana?

Would you like/want to room with other forumite(s)? Extreme!

Where are you sitting at the event ($100, $200, etc.)? ????

Would you like/want to sit with other forumite(s)? WHOOOOH!!

What other plans (if any) do you have for Vegas? Being Extreme!!!

When are you leaving? Sunday 6:30am

VCURamFan
04-28-2009, 08:17 PM

AND

Sat after the fight there will be an after party at one of the clubs. No one should miss that. ;)Hahaha, I was about to bust your balls for messing up the thread, too!

That should be a lot of fun. I'll get to embarrass myself in front of tons of people!!!

VCURamFan
04-28-2009, 08:27 PM
Are you going? HECK YEH!

Are you bringing anyone? Nope

Where are you coming from? Canada eh

How are you getting to Vegas? Carrier Pigeon

When are you getting to Vegas? Around noon

Where are you staying in Vegas? Trapicana?

Would you like/want to room with other forumite(s)? Extreme!

Where are you sitting at the event ($100, $200, etc.)? ????

Would you like/want to sit with other forumite(s)? WHOOOOH!!

What other plans (if any) do you have for Vegas? Being Extreme!!!

When are you leaving? Sunday 6:30amWhat day are you arriving, Thurs/Fri/Sat? Also, you'll be sitting in the nose-bleeds with us!

sender
04-28-2009, 08:55 PM
arriving friday. WHOOOOOH

mikthehick
04-29-2009, 05:41 PM
For all you guys who don't have transportation in Vegas, I have a car :D

Got a day free too because I'm just that awesome, anyway, txt me if you want a ride on Saturday. I already told Ben.

VCURamFan
04-29-2009, 06:34 PM
With Kim's car, that brings our total possible gym tour clots to 10, & I think we've just about his that limit. If Atom is driving down from Washington (I know he was planning to at one point, don't know if he changed his mind or not), then that would put us at 15 open slots. Here's who's coming as of now:

atomdanger
gymcoach97
Llamafighter
mikthehick
philips4
philips4's friend
Sender
Sugar Shane
TexasRN
me (VCURamfan)

sender
04-29-2009, 11:41 PM
I dont have a car there... But I can piggy back 1 person... or maybe 2 little persons

Boomer
04-30-2009, 12:27 AM
I dont have a car there... But I can piggy back 1 person... or maybe 2 little persons

<slowly raises hand> :ninja:

TENNESSEAN
04-30-2009, 12:32 AM
[QUOTE=VCURamFan]OK, so we had one of these on the old forums, so I figured I should re-start this before we lose more time. Could I get a mod to sticky this for me?

When you respond to this thread for the first time, please quote the following questionnaire portion & fill it out. Hopefully this will help us be able to organize who's going, when, for how long & for what, etc.

UFC 98 Preparation Questionnairre
Are you going? yes

Are you bringing anyone? no

Where are you coming from? nashville

How are you getting to Vegas? air

When are you getting to Vegas? fri 1:oo vegas time

Where are you staying in Vegas? tropicana

Would you like/want to room with other forumite(s)?
thats the plan

Where are you sitting at the event ($100, $200, etc.)
$200

Would you like/want to sit with other forumite(s)?
sure but i think its a little late for that to happen

What other plans (if any) do you have for Vegas?
meet ramfan

When are you leaving? sun 6am

VCURamFan
04-30-2009, 12:48 AM
Cool, you're info's been added! Coupla other questions:

Weigh-ins? yes/no
Fight Club Q&A? yes/no
Karaoke? yes/no
Gym tour? yes/no

TENNESSEAN
04-30-2009, 02:08 AM
[QUOTE=VCURamFan]Cool, you're info's been added! Coupla other questions:

Weigh-ins? yes
Fight Club Q&A? no unless someone can seak me in
Karaoke? Yes wouldn't mis it for nothing
Gym tour? Maybe depends on how wild the night befor gets.

VCURamFan
04-30-2009, 04:52 AM
Cool, you're info's been added! Coupla other questions:

Weigh-ins? yes
Fight Club Q&A? no unless someone can seak me in
Karaoke? Yes wouldn't mis it for nothing
Gym tour? Maybe depends on how wild the night befor gets.Cool, I'll update. O & I hadn't thought of the whole "morning after" bit...I may have to change my RSVP from a "Yes" to a "Maybe"!!:laugh:

mikthehick
05-07-2009, 02:52 AM
16 days

VCURamFan
05-07-2009, 03:59 AM
I fly out in 14 days & 8 hours!!!!

MattHughesRocks
05-07-2009, 04:05 AM
How many minutes??!!:w00t:

I fly out in 14 days & 8 hours!!!!

Primadawn
05-07-2009, 04:06 AM
I fly out in 14 days and 7 hours!!!

VCURamFan
05-07-2009, 04:12 AM
How many minutes??!!:w00t:When I posted it was 14 days, 7hrs, 56min. I fly out at 6:55am.

huan
05-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Are you going? yep

Are you bringing anyone? going with a friend

Where are you coming from? Phoenix, AZ

How are you getting to Vegas? driving

When are you getting to Vegas? friday morning

Where are you staying in Vegas? excalibur

Where are you sitting at the event ($100, $200, etc.)? U220

What other plans (if any) do you have for Vegas? none

When are you leaving? sunday afternoon

Weigh-ins / Q&A? no, anyone want to sell 2 passes? :P
Karaoke? yes
Gym tour? probably not

VCURamFan
05-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Are you going? yep

Are you bringing anyone? going with a friend

Where are you coming from? Phoenix, AZ

How are you getting to Vegas? driving

When are you getting to Vegas? friday morning

Where are you staying in Vegas? excalibur

Where are you sitting at the event ($100, $200, etc.)? U220

What other plans (if any) do you have for Vegas? none

When are you leaving? sunday afternoon

Weigh-ins / Q&A? no, anyone want to sell 2 passes? :P
Karaoke? yes
Gym tour? probably notCool, man! I'll add you to the list. You do know that the weigh-ins are open to the public, right? Only the Q&A if Fight Club only.

kevint13
05-11-2009, 11:12 PM
I was reading on the Fight Club website that the Q&A session is going to be with Rampage!!!!

kevint13
05-12-2009, 03:58 AM
I was reading on the Fight Club website that the Q&A session is going to be with Rampage!!!!

They changed it, now it states Frank Mir.

Llamafighter
05-12-2009, 12:58 PM
They changed it, now it states Frank Mir.

MAAAAAN! Rampage would have been cool. I was hoping ot get Rampage's view on the Machida fight and Chuck's pos. retirement.

Straight Right
05-12-2009, 08:19 PM
OK, so we had one of these on the old forums, so I figured I should re-start this before we lose more time. Could I get a mod to sticky this for me?

When you respond to this thread for the first time, please quote the following questionnaire portion & fill it out. Hopefully this will help us be able to organize who's going, when, for how long & for what, etc.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
UFC 98 Preparation Questionnairre
Are you going? Yes

Are you bringing anyone? nope

Where are you coming from? Colorado

How are you getting to Vegas? Driving

When are you getting to Vegas? early Sat afternoon_

Where are you staying in Vegas? The Flamingo

Would you like/want to room with other forumite(s)? not with my wife and 20 month old :frantics:

Where are you sitting at the event ($100, $200, etc.)? Don't know yet

Would you like/want to sit with other forumite(s)? sure

What other plans (if any) do you have for Vegas? Not really but will be around all day Sunday

When are you leaving? Monday or Tuesday AM

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

OK, people, let's go!

An understanding wife and a last minute change in our vacation plans have made it possible for me to be in Vegas by early Sat afternoon, So I'm trying to get this together before its too late. Does anyone have an extra ticket? Not trying to be a smart ass, just asking before I just hit stub hub or a scalper. I saw that I can still get tickets from MGM/Ticketmaster as of this morning (Mon 5/12) At the very least I'd like to hook up with some of you folks before the fights start.

mikthehick
05-14-2009, 04:34 AM
my apple says 13 on the iCal....which means the fight is in 10 days :laugh:

Hughes_GOAT
05-14-2009, 05:09 AM
look at you plugging the iPhone.

mikthehick
05-14-2009, 01:41 PM
look at you plugging the iPhone.

iPhone, no

Macbook laptop, yes

Llamafighter
05-14-2009, 02:10 PM
As excited and anxious I've been for this trip I have to admit it kind of snuck up on me the last two weeks.
I can't wait to meet everyone that's going.

Primadawn
05-14-2009, 07:25 PM
One weeeeeeeekkkkkk!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!:happydancing:

VCURamFan
05-14-2009, 10:06 PM
This time next week, ladies & gents!!!

VCURamFan
05-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Start packing, people! Here's your weather report:

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USNV0049?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_undeclared

Hot & sunny all weekend long, barely a cloud in sight!!!!

Llamafighter
05-18-2009, 04:46 PM
Start packing, people! Here's your weather report:

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USNV0049?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_undeclared

Hot & sunny all weekend long, barely a cloud in sight!!!!

That is great! Looks like I need to get some more shorts. For those Vegas veterans: do folks wear shorts to the fights (non fighters that is)?

VCURamFan
05-18-2009, 05:39 PM
That is great! Looks like I need to get some more shorts. For those Vegas veterans: do folks wear shorts to the fights (non fighters that is)?I think I'll probably wear jeans to the fights, just in case we go straight to an after-party & need to look slightly dressy to get in.

Llamafighter
05-18-2009, 05:44 PM
I think I'll probably wear jeans to the fights, just in case we go straight to an after-party & need to look slightly dressy to get in.

That's what I was thinking! Cool! Plus we'll have Serra's blood all over whatever we wear to the fights...:wink:

VCURamFan
05-18-2009, 06:10 PM
That's what I was thinking! Cool! Plus we'll have Serra's blood all over whatever we wear to the fights...:wink:That'll get us into the after-party, no doubt!!

Primadawn
05-18-2009, 07:43 PM
I think I'll probably wear jeans to the fights, just in case we go straight to an after-party & need to look slightly dressy to get in.

Jeans=dressy? I'm confused...:unsure-1:

Llamafighter
05-18-2009, 08:18 PM
Jeans=dressy? I'm confused...:unsure-1:

If they're ironed!

mikthehick
05-18-2009, 09:31 PM
If they're ironed!

Who the crap irons their jeans??

I just hang then on a hanger right outta the washer...but maybe I'm the weird one.

I can guarantee you I will pack on Friday at 1100 am when i need to be at the airport at 1200 pm :D good times.

And for you guys with nil fashion sense, if you wear jeans, maybe wear a button down or a nice MMA tshirt if you want to go to the club after party. Just sayin :cool:

Black Mamba
05-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Some after parties and clubs have a strict clothing policy and may not allow jeans. I remember the last Matt fight I went, if some of the mods weren't part of Matt's group they wouldn't have gotten in.

So I might advise bring a set of "party clothes" just incase you plan on attending the after parties. Guys: some nice slacks. Chicks: a nice skirt and top or a dress. If you're going to go with pants, maybe some dress pants.

Have fun you guys! :D

Primadawn
05-18-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm bringing a couple of dresses to choose from...I need help...

TexasRN
05-18-2009, 10:13 PM
I'm bringing a couple of dresses to choose from...I need help...

Me too. I plan to take clothes to change into for the afterparty though. I have heard they can be quite dressy but want to look nice but be comfortable for the fights. Oh geez.....:frantics:

~Amy

Miss Foxy
05-18-2009, 10:24 PM
Ladies a cute strapless or halter dress!! You can wear that to the fight with some cute wedges and then rock heels after!!! Im sorry I am not going :sad: I had my outfit planned for months lol!!

Llamafighter
05-18-2009, 11:07 PM
Some after parties and clubs have a strict clothing policy and may not allow jeans. I remember the last Matt fight I went, if some of the mods weren't part of Matt's group they wouldn't have gotten in.

So I might advise bring a set of "party clothes" just incase you plan on attending the after parties. Guys: some nice slacks. Chicks: a nice skirt and top or a dress. If you're going to go with pants, maybe some dress pants.

Have fun you guys! :D

Good to know! Looks like I'll be packing some slacks

Bonnie
05-18-2009, 11:30 PM
What is Matt wearing? He always strikes me as a "jeans" guy. Y'all be sure and get pics of yourselves all dolled up so we can see what an afterparty looks like. The only pics I've seen are those GOAT posted of Chuck at a party and those ladies (I use that term loosely :laugh: ) were "undressing" so a dress code, I guess, wasn't required for that party. :unsure:

Primadawn
05-18-2009, 11:33 PM
Good to know! Looks like I'll be packing some slacks

For the record, I detest the word "slacks". If you use it in Vegas there will be punishment doled out. :angry:

Primadawn
05-18-2009, 11:35 PM
OH...and I LEAVE IN 59 1/2 HOURS!!!!!!!!!! :happydancing:

philips4
05-18-2009, 11:35 PM
Hey guys!

Just wanted to remind you to print your barcode and RSVP to the Q&A...just go to the UFC fightclub site, go to events and sign in and then RSVP. It gives you a print option and you need to bring it to the member check-in booth the day of the event!

We are going to have soooo much fun!!!!!!!!!!!:jumping0045:

Primadawn
05-18-2009, 11:38 PM
Can't wait!!!

I am bringing one suitcase for nothing but shoes and purses, so if anyone needs to borrow any...call my cell! :laugh:

VCURamFan
05-18-2009, 11:40 PM

Have fun you guys! :DThanks for the heads up. Time to get my ironing on.

Jeans=dressy? I'm confused...:unsure-1: I said "slightly". :muttering:

VCURamFan
05-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Can't wait!!!

I am bringing one suitcase for nothing but shoes and purses, so if anyone needs to borrow any...call my cell! :laugh:If you've got anything with a 4" heel in a men's 14W...

Llamafighter
05-19-2009, 01:08 AM
For the record, I detest the word "slacks". If you use it in Vegas there will be punishment doled out. :angry:

you really shouldn't have told me that....:)

VCURamFan
05-19-2009, 02:37 AM
you really shouldn't have told me that....:)I know, has she learned nothing about us this whole time?? :laugh:

VCURamFan
05-19-2009, 04:20 AM
http://media.ufc.tv/i.cfc?method=get&cs=1&s=559B9BF2-1422-0E8C-9A60C4E95E70B3FD.jpg

Primadawn
05-19-2009, 04:36 AM
you really shouldn't have told me that....:)

Oh go ahead Sparky--but you're taking your chances!:laugh:

VCURamFan
05-19-2009, 04:48 AM
Oh go ahead Sparky--but you're taking your chances!:laugh:We ain't askeered a you! We'll get a head start while you take off them stilettos before you can use 'em as weapons, & if you leave 'em on, you won't be able to run fast enough to catch us!

Primadawn
05-19-2009, 05:01 AM
We ain't askeered a you! We'll get a head start while you take off them stilettos before you can use 'em as weapons, & if you leave 'em on, you won't be able to run fast enough to catch us!

I'm a stiletto ninja! I can throw those suckers like a Chinese star and spike you in the kidney as you're running away! :angry:

VCURamFan
05-19-2009, 05:17 AM
I'm a stiletto ninja! I can throw those suckers like a Chinese star and spike you in the kidney as you're running away! :angry:Hah, too bad for you I'm a slacks Spartan. If you've seen Deadliest Warrior, you'd know I win.

Primadawn
05-19-2009, 05:20 AM
Hah, too bad for you I'm a slacks Spartan. If you've seen Deadliest Warrior, you'd know I win.

Oh, it's on!

VCURamFan
05-19-2009, 05:31 AM
Oh, it's on!Can't wait. This weekend is gonna be sweet!!!:happydancing:

Llamafighter
05-19-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm a stiletto ninja! I can throw those suckers like a Chinese star and spike you in the kidney as you're running away! :angry:

:laugh: Our strides are WAY too long! We cover too much ground, far too quickly!! muahahaha!:laugh:

mikthehick
05-19-2009, 06:51 PM
In regards to attire for the fight then going out afterwards, should girls wear a dress? I'm really confused.

Since I'm staying about 7 miles from the strip in western LV, I won't have the time to run back to the house and change, etc. But if I have to wear a dress to the fights, then I will :)

Really looking forward to this. Should be a great time!