PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for a missing girl

MattHughesRocks
04-04-2009, 01:09 AM
Her name is Sandy and she just turned 8 a few weeks ago. She was outside playing and never came home.It's been 7 days. I don't know her but she is from Northern Ca and lives just about an hour from me so I am seeing this on the news everyday :cry:

Pray that she is found alive and untraumatized.

http://tracypress.com/content/view/17706/2268/

MattHughesRocks
04-04-2009, 01:16 AM
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/Sandra.jpg

Llamafighter
04-04-2009, 03:02 AM
You got it!

Miss Foxy
04-04-2009, 03:05 AM
[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/20r8txi.jpg
My prayers are with this child and her family... Please lets find her :sad:

lyndsey823
04-04-2009, 03:59 AM
Her name is Sandy and she just turned 8 a few weeks ago. She was outside playing and never came home.It's been 7 days. I don't know her but she is from Northern Ca and lives just about an hour from me so I am seeing this on the news everyday :cry:

Pray that she is found alive and untraumatized.

http://tracypress.com/content/view/17706/2268/

i live about an hour north of Tracy, so it is on the news all the time here too. so sad, i hope they find that little girl soon. terrible.

Bonnie
04-04-2009, 05:24 AM
She'll be in my prayers.

Tyburn
04-05-2009, 07:37 PM
I shall pray also

lyndsey823
04-07-2009, 04:53 AM
they just had a breaking news report here saying that they found her remains today in a container in an irrigation ditch. so sad. i just don't get things like this. poor little thing.

this is why i don't want to have kids!

MattHughesRocks
04-07-2009, 04:56 AM
I just came in here to report that sad news to:cry:

Bonnie
04-07-2009, 06:40 AM
:cry:

I haven't seen the news tonight so I didn't know they found her. I hope they get the (there really are no words to describe such a creature) person who did this before he can do this again.

God Bless her family!

MattHughesRocks
04-07-2009, 06:44 AM
Her body was in a suit case in a bag :cry:

Bonnie
04-07-2009, 07:35 AM
I'm gonna cry! While I was at the gym today they were showing the video from the trailer park of her skipping down the road, I guess going to her friend's house to play.

That poor baby. :cry:

I bet it was someone who lives or was visiting someone in that trailer park. Probably someone she knew and maybe trusted.

Llamafighter
04-07-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm gonna cry! While I was at the gym today they were showing the video from the trailer park of her skipping down the road, I guess going to her friend's house to play.

That poor baby. :cry:

I bet it was someone who lives or was visiting someone in that trailer park. Probably someone she knew and maybe trusted.

They'll find out who it was.

County Mike
04-07-2009, 01:40 PM
I wish I never read this thread. So depressing. :(

Chuck
04-07-2009, 01:52 PM
They'll find out who it was.

I hope so but there still won't be justice..... :ninja:

MattHughesRocks
04-07-2009, 04:03 PM
They are now looking at a shed located on a church property just down the road from Sandra's house.

Twinsmama
04-07-2009, 05:34 PM
What is wrong with people. How could you hurt a child?? It makes me sick to think that there are people in the world that could possibly do this to a child. I hope they find who did this. I can't even imagine how the parents are feeling right now to know their baby girl was dumped somewhere. sad sad:cry:

Miss Foxy
04-07-2009, 05:37 PM
I wish I never read this thread. So depressing. :(
Me 2.. I can't stop crying.. I hope that piece of *hit gets caught and I wish they would throw him/her to a crowd of people like me. I don't understand why people would do this to a child. I just pray to God she didn't suffer too much....:sad:

cubsfan47
04-07-2009, 08:22 PM
Me 2.. I can't stop crying.. I hope that piece of *hit gets caught and I wish they would throw him/her to a crowd of people like me. I don't understand why people would do this to a child. I just pray to God she didn't suffer too much....:sad:

I just.......... well I feel :sad: and :angry:

MattHughesRocks
04-08-2009, 06:53 AM
They are really focusing on a church about 1/8 of a mile away from Sandra's house.There is also a small shed on the church property they are looking in. The pastor of the church lives in the mobile home park that Sandra did.And where there is a pastor there are usually a lot of church members around.The police say they are "closing in on the killer" and have served search warrants, towed cars and have tire tracks right by where her body was found.It seems to me like they should have someone in custody really soon.
I can't even imagine how her Mom must feel.

lyndsey823
04-10-2009, 06:38 AM
They are really focusing on a church about 1/8 of a mile away from Sandra's house.There is also a small shed on the church property they are looking in. The pastor of the church lives in the mobile home park that Sandra did.And where there is a pastor there are usually a lot of church members around.The police say they are "closing in on the killer" and have served search warrants, towed cars and have tire tracks right by where her body was found.It seems to me like they should have someone in custody really soon.
I can't even imagine how her Mom must feel.

i haven't been able to follow this story as much since the night they found her body. thanks for all the info michelle! i hope they find this person soon.

MattHughesRocks
04-11-2009, 01:03 AM
They are searching the church again because the pastor's grand daughter is the Sunday school teacher there and says that she had a black suitcase that has disappeared from her home and Sandra was found in a black suit case.That's it for now but it seems like they are getting closer.Just pray they get this monster before he gets another little one:sad:

MattHughesRocks
04-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Wow, this world gets crazyer by the day....they have arrested a woman in the murder of little Sandra.Her Sunday school teacher which is the churches' pastors daughter.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/04/11/BANH1713V5.DTL

MattHughesRocks
04-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Correction, it's the pastor's Grand daughter.And it's the same girl that told police her black suit case was missing.

MattHughesRocks
04-13-2009, 03:33 PM
Todays news, she killed that little girl inside the church

County Mike
04-13-2009, 03:35 PM
Any motive?

VCURamFan
04-13-2009, 03:38 PM
Todays news, she killed that little girl inside the churchWow. That's just FUBAR.

MattHughesRocks
04-13-2009, 03:40 PM
No. The girl isnt talking at all. She goes to court tomorrow.

Any motive?

Miss Foxy
04-13-2009, 03:47 PM
No. The girl isnt talking at all. She goes to court tomorrow.
Arent they saying that her daughter and Sandra were playmates? This is such a freaky story.. They outta torture the *itch and make her talk!! Im so mad and sad its insane. Also she did this in the church? I just wish we could protect our children from everything..I guess I will go search one of the old posts, because someone made some kind of sense as to why things like this happen. I just can't help but feel for that little girl and her last moments of life....

CAVEMAN
04-13-2009, 03:56 PM
:blink: :huh: :unsure-1: I'm at a loss for words....

MattHughesRocks
04-15-2009, 03:56 AM
Since Sandra was obviously found and dead I decided to move the thread to the woodshed so that I can follow up with what is going on in her case.It's pretty unbelievable but that Sunday school teacher that killed her is also being charged with raping her. I'm stunned. Here is a video of the girl at her arraignment this afternoon

http://news.google.com/news?q=sandra%20cantu&hl=en&emb=0&sa=N&tab=vn

I was shocked in the first place that a woman even did this but was glad when I assumed it wasn't a sexual predator and maybe the woman just got mad and killed her quickly in anger.It was not the case :cry:

VCURamFan
04-15-2009, 04:00 AM
Since Sandra was obviously found and dead I decided to move the thread to the woodshed so that I can follow up with what is going on in her case.It's pretty unbelievable but that Sunday school teacher that killed her is also being charged with raping her. I'm stunned. Here is a video of the girl at her arraignment this afternoon

http://news.google.com/news?q=sandra%20cantu&hl=en&emb=0&sa=N&tab=vn

I was shocked in the first place that a woman even did this but was glad when I assumed it wasn't a sexual predator and maybe the woman just got mad and killed her quickly in anger.It was not the case :cry:This is just disgusting. The more I read about this case, the more I want to puke.

Miss Foxy
04-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Death Row for this B!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

MattHughesRocks
09-11-2009, 05:59 AM
An update...looks like they will be seeking the death penalty

San Joaquin County prosecutors will ask for the death penalty for the Sunday school teacher accused of raping and murdering an 8-year-old playmate of her daughter in Tracy, authorities said Thursday.

Melissa Huckaby, 28, was indicted in July on a murder charge and three special circumstances in the death of Sandra Cantu - including that she killed during the commission of a rape - that make her eligible for execution if convicted. Huckaby was also accused of sexually assaulting a child younger than 10.

The decision to seek lethal execution was made by District Attorney James Willett, who consulted with attorneys in his office as well as Sandra's family, authorities said.

Huckaby pleaded not guilty at a hearing Thursday in San Joaquin County Superior Court. Judge Linda Lofthus revealed that the defense had hired a change-of-venue expert from California State University Chico, suggesting that Huckaby wants to move her trial elsewhere.

Huckaby also sought to remove her lawyer, Deputy Public Defender Sam Behar, from the case, but Lofthus denied the motion. The reason for Huckaby's request was not explained, and a gag order prevents lawyers from talking about the case outside court.

Huckaby will return to court Sept. 25, at which time the judge could set a trial date, possibly in March.

Huckaby is accused of killing Sandra after the girl went to her house to play with Huckaby's 5-year-old daughter March 27.

Much is still not known about the case, and authorities have not gone into detail about how they believe Sandra died.

However, sources close to the investigation have told The Chronicle that they believe the girl was deliberately killed at the Clover Road Baptist Church, where Huckaby's grandfather is the pastor and where she taught Sunday school.

The church is two blocks from the mobile home park where Sandra lived with her mother, her three older siblings and her grandparents and where Huckaby resided with her grandparents.

Sandra's disappearance triggered a 10-day search that gripped Tracy. Her body, stuffed in a suitcase, was found by farmworkers draining an irrigation pond two miles from the mobile home park.

Hours before her arrest, Huckaby told a reporter for the Tracy Press that the suitcase was hers. She said it had been stolen out of her driveway the day Sandra vanished.

Huckaby had already been undergoing mental evaluation as a result of an earlier petty-theft conviction, and relatives said she had battled depression. Sources said she tried to commit suicide in the days before her arrest, leading her to be hospitalized.

Besides the murder and rape charges, Huckaby is accused of child endangerment and furnishing a harmful substance. Those counts are related to her alleged drugging of a 7-year-old girl and a man in the months before Sandra died.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/09/10/BA8S19L7AA.DTL&tsp=1

MattHughesRocks
05-26-2010, 11:24 PM
And the last update from this case:

California, May 11, (THAINDIAN NEWS) A woman from California has admitted to murdering an eight year old girl named Sandra Cantu. The accused, Melissa Huckaby is now held guilty of kidnapping and killing the 8 year old child and then throwing her body in an irrigation pond after packing it in a suitcase. The 29 year old woman will be sentenced to prison for a period of 25 years after the hearing on the 14th of June.

Rest in peace little girl.

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/world/melissa-huckaby-pleads-guilty-to-the-sandra-cantu-killing_100362063.html

flo
05-27-2010, 12:04 AM
Oh no. It breaks my heart that these babies are the constant victims of sick psychos. Children today can never play carefree. The poor family, I will sure pray for them, this is so tragic.

flo
05-27-2010, 12:07 AM
How did she not get life? I would guess that she can be out in half the time? This is just more devastation for the family, in my opinion.

Miss Foxy
05-27-2010, 12:18 AM
How did she not get life? I would guess that she can be out in half the time? This is just more devastation for the family, in my opinion.
Thats how I am feeling like no justice. This sick B is gonna be out while she is still alive..:angry:

MattHughesRocks
05-27-2010, 12:41 AM
She got life without the possibility of parole. Sandra Cantu's family ok'd it because they know, in their own words " California's death penalty is a huge let down anyway"( rarely does anyone ever get put to death) and they didn't see any reason to go through a trial.They also got the records sealed just yesterday as far as the details of what that monster did to that little girl. Good for them.