PDA

View Full Version : Wec Spoilers***************

Tyburn
01-26-2009, 12:25 AM
:)

Seth Dikun vs. Charlie Valencia
Round 1
Valencia starts off with a glancing high kick and number of low kicks to the lanky Dikun. Dikun attempts to take the fight to the canvas but is rebuffed. He ends up pulling guard before escaping back to his feet. Valencia lands a nice combination before scooping Dikun up and slamming him in the center of the cage. Valencia getting the better of every striking exchange as the round comes to a close. 10-9 Valencia after one.

Round 2
Valencia starts off where he left. He lands a high kick that backs Dikun to the cage. Valencia changes levels and slams him again. Valencia lands a nice elbow from the top while the lengthy Dikun tries to elbow up. Valencia scores again from the top with the elbow. Dikun gets back to his feet and tries to take Valencia's back but is shrugged off and taken back to the mat as the horn sounded. 10-9 again for Valencia.

Round 3
Valencia lands a kick to Dikun's lead leg to start the third. Dikun blocks successive head kicks before eating a big overhand right. Valencia buckles Dikun with a pair of leg kicks and then drops him with a body kick. Dikun scrambles to his feet only to be double-legged to the mat. The pace slows with 90 seconds left. Valencia locks on a loose guillotine but Dikun easily works free. Valencia moves to side-control then mount. Valencia drops a few elbows until the final bell brings the one-sided affair to the end. 10-9 once again.

Official scores agree with 30-27 on all three cards.

Jesse Lennox vs. Blas Avena
Round 1
Avena kicks low, Lennox answers with a right Avena tries to gain a Thai clinch but Lennox has none of it. Avena with a trip take-down to side but he is quickly reversed. Lennox tries to tie Avena up in the Hughes crucifix but can only land a couple glancing blows before Avena extricates himself. Lennox still in side works to full mount. He goes for an armbar but misses and pays for it in the form a salvo of punches from the top. Avena attempts to take Lennox's back as he works his way back to his feet but the round ends. Sherdog.com scores the round 10-9 for Lennox.

Round 2
Lennox comes out in a hurry to start the second, landing punches at will. The best combination was a left hook-right knee that folded Avena against the cage. He followed up with right hand until referee Josh Rosenthal saves Avena at just 41 seconds of the frame.

Frank Gomez vs. Scott Jorgensen
Round 1
Gomez has a marked height advantage as the fighters touch gloves. Jorgensen wastes little time taking the upper hand as he locks up a guillotine choke. Gomez tries to wiggle off the hook but Jorgensen adjusts his grip and forces the tap at 1:09 of the first round.

Ian McCall vs. Dominic Cruz
Round 1
Cruz moving forward looking for an opening. He lands but nothing consequential. McCall hits a double but Cruz pops right back up. Cruz finding his range a bit clobbers McCall with a left hook. Cruz counter a flurry with a big punch that spins McCall around. He follows with another combination. He keeps finishing them with head kicks and it may just be a matter of time before one finds its mark. The final minute is all Cruz, he lands at will and opens a cut under McCall's left eye. Cruz 10-9 on the Sherdog card.

Round 2
A retreating Cruz lands a swiping right hand on a charging McCall. Superman punch by Cruz. McCall is taking a ton of punishment, but he won't stop coming forward. Cruz's movement is too much, he slips everything and counters accurately. A big left kick to McCall's face. This kid will not back down. Cruz hits a double after changing levels. He allows him right up and batters him with punches as he ascends. This one is all Cruz, 10-9.

Round 3
Cruz enters the third round of what has been a glorified sparring session with more of the same. He picks away at a desperate McCall. Knowing he needs a finish, McCall showing amazing determination, continues to stalk Cruz. He hits a takedown and tries to knee but Cruz pops right up. McCall takes a close third round but make no mistake this was a clear runaway for Cruz.

The official scores are 30-27 for Cruz on all three cards.

Tyburn
01-26-2009, 12:26 AM
So far the two guys I wanted to win

Valencia and Cruz...have both won

Jens Pulver is still to play for :unsure-1:

sender
01-26-2009, 12:47 AM
is there an online stream somewhere to watch this?

que
01-26-2009, 01:53 AM
if pulver wins that will be amazing

if he loses that will be very, very sad

rearnakedchoke
01-26-2009, 02:07 AM
man ... aldo looked good ...

MattHughesRocks
01-26-2009, 02:31 AM
Pulver is up next :w00t:

MattHughesRocks
01-26-2009, 02:43 AM
Wait...now they are showing a fight that sherdog already has the results for :unsure-1:

Jens didn't already fight did he?:scared0011:

MattHughesRocks
01-26-2009, 02:47 AM
Jens is up next!:w00t: That little shyte better win this time!:w00t:

MattHughesRocks
01-26-2009, 02:56 AM
It's starting! WAR JENS!:w00t: :w00t:

Max
01-26-2009, 02:59 AM
Faber by sub in the first

Spiritwalker
01-26-2009, 03:00 AM
I just don't see Jens winning this one...

I just don't see it...I am trying .. I am rooting for Jens..

If Jens loses.. mid card status for him for a LONG time...

Uriah just doesn't have as much to lose

MattHughesRocks
01-26-2009, 03:00 AM
Jens just got his ****ing ass kicked AGAIN!

Tyburn
01-26-2009, 03:01 AM
:cry:

Max
Jens has lost 5 out of 6, where does he go from here?

MattHughesRocks
What the **** Jens. What the hell was that? A minute? :fiery:

Max
01-26-2009, 03:02 AM
its ok Dave

Max
01-26-2009, 03:03 AM
What the **** Jens. What the hell was that? A minute? :fiery:
Its not Jens's fault, he lost to a better fighter.

Tyburn
its ok Dave
:cry: :cry:

no its not

Spiritwalker
Turning his back during his walk out.. to show respect for Justin.. NICE move....

Damn Jens looks good..not shredded.. but good.

Max
lets look on the bright side here.....the next WEC card looks awesome

MattHughesRocks
01-26-2009, 03:04 AM
I'm so pissed off at Jens.He may as well just hang that crap up and do something else:muttering: :talktothehand: :talktothehand: :bawling:

Spiritwalker
01-26-2009, 03:05 AM
Uriah is walking out now.. Guess I am on a delay...

Sucks...

Max
01-26-2009, 03:05 AM

no its not
it could have been worse, it could have been like when he lost to Ludwig

Spiritwalker
01-26-2009, 03:06 AM
Uriah.. SHREDDED.. looks GREAT!

MattHughesRocks
He looked f'in HORRIBLE

Max
I'm so pissed off at Jens.He may as well just hang that crap up and do something else:muttering: :talktothehand: :talktothehand: :bawling:
why are you pissed a Jens? He came out and tried, its not like he didnt train for this fight.

Max
01-26-2009, 03:07 AM
He looked f'in HORRIBLE
he did look that bad untill he got caught with the body shot.

MattHughesRocks
01-26-2009, 03:09 AM
Oh this sucks! http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/thcrybaby.gif

MattHughesRocks
01-26-2009, 03:10 AM
Are you kidding? He looked like shyte 11 seconds into the damn fight!

he did look that bad untill he got caught with the body shot.

que
01-26-2009, 03:11 AM
He looked f'in HORRIBLE

hey, maybe you should rub it in a bit.

Spiritwalker
01-26-2009, 03:11 AM
WTF... Jens TAPPED

MattHughesRocks
01-26-2009, 03:12 AM
Again, he looked like crap.If he trained his ass off and that's the best he can do...welll... he needs to do something else then.

why are you pissed a Jens? He came out and tried, its not like he didnt train for this fight.

Hughes_GOAT
01-26-2009, 03:12 AM
WTF... Jens TAPPED

he's tapped before:blink:

nice liver shot by Faber:punch:

Hughes_GOAT
01-26-2009, 03:13 AM
Again, he looked like crap.If he trained his ass off and that's the best he can do...welll... he needs to do something else then.

Dave is coming for you:wink:

Tyburn
01-26-2009, 03:15 AM
it could have been worse, it could have been like when he lost to Ludwig
Did you hear what he said afterwards?

:cry: did you hear him??

I cant listen to that and not be a wreck right now...I was up Twenty three hours yesterday, and its going on for Seventeen Hours today....

They assumed he was gonna retire...thats why they made a fuss over him prior to the verdict...and thats more or less exactly what the announcer was asking Jens...

"are you relevent to the featherweight division..."
"...I'm begining to wonder that myself..."

Regardless of the fact he wants to continue...will the WEC still want him? You have gotta ask after three losses in a row...I guess if they dont he'll just go back to tiny shows again....I wouldnt mind...but its fukin hard enough to watch him fight on WEC...without never getting to SEE him at all:cry:

MattHughesRocks
01-26-2009, 03:16 AM
Oh shut up Goat :fiery:

Max
01-26-2009, 03:18 AM
Did you hear what he said afterwards?

:cry: did you hear him??

I cant listen to that and not be a wreck right now...I was up Twenty three hours yesterday, and its going on for Seventeen Hours today....

They assumed he was gonna retire...thats why they made a fuss over him prior to the verdict...and thats more or less exactly what the announcer was asking Jens...

"are you relevent to the featherweight division..."
"...I'm begining to wonder that myself..."

yes I heard him. When he was crying I thought he was gonna retire. but in the end he said he will be back and he will be. Will he ever be the best FW in the world, prob not, but he will be back. Hmmmmmmmmmmm maybe he should try going out and training with BJ, it cant hurt.

Max
01-26-2009, 03:20 AM
Damn, did you lose money on that fight??? I dont think Ive ever seen you this pissed about a fight before.

Hughes_GOAT
Oh shut up Goat :fiery:

told you Faber would be focused:wink:

Spiritwalker
he's tapped before:blink:

nice liver shot by Faber:punch:

As much as I loath Baby Jay.. tapping to him is ok...

OMG.. that speech.. was rough

Maybe it's cause I am 41.. and I don't fight full contact... but I don't understand fighters and fans.. feeling that 30's is "over the hill".. I beat and out condition many people in there 20s..

Jens .. I hope he makes it back....

Tyburn
01-26-2009, 03:21 AM
hey, maybe you should rub it in a bit.
:cry: We've had a running argument of late...that might explain her behaviour.

Its not a concern at the moment...my only concern is about Jens...at least until I hear from him, or one of my contacts...see its not just WEC...I'm worried about Suckerpunch dumping him aswell :sad:

Hughes_GOAT
01-26-2009, 03:21 AM
Damn, did you lose money on that fight??? I dont think Ive ever seen you this pissed about a fight before.

she lost the Arlovski and Pulver matches :unsure-1:

Tyburn
01-26-2009, 03:23 AM
yes I heard him. When he was crying I thought he was gonna retire. but in the end he said he will be back and he will be. Will he ever be the best FW in the world, prob not, but he will be back. Hmmmmmmmmmmm maybe he should try going out and training with BJ, it cant hurt.
All I can say is WTF is Matt Hume teaching him in Washington :huh: WHY isnt this miracle worker actually doing him any benefit...he's lost every single fight since he started training up there....

I dunno...think I'll go away and cry myself to sleep now...:cry:

Max
01-26-2009, 03:24 AM
that could be it. Seeing AA get dropped like a sack of bricks put her in a bad mood.

On a different note, I would like to point out that I picked Faber but I thought it would last a little bit longer than it did.

que

Its not a concern at the moment...my only concern is about Jens...at least until I hear from him, or one of my contacts...see its not just WEC...I'm worried about Suckerpunch dumping him aswell :sad:
i don't understand. suckerpunch dumping him?

Max

Why did suckerpunch drop him?

Max
01-26-2009, 03:25 AM
next fight is starting

Spiritwalker
01-26-2009, 03:26 AM
All I can say is WTF is Matt Hume teaching him in Washington :huh: WHY isnt this miracle worker actually doing him any benefit...he's lost every single fight since he started training up there....

I dunno...think I'll go away and cry myself to sleep now...:cry:

Maybe your taking this a little personal.. too personal...

Tyburn
01-26-2009, 03:26 AM
i don't understand. suckerpunch dumping him?
Suckerpunch is a Management Group that sorts stuff out for Fighters...I think they also deal with sponcerships and stuff.

one of my contacts is an agent that deals with Pulver...I'm more frightened about that then I am about WEC

MattHughesRocks
01-26-2009, 03:27 AM
No, I didn't bet anyone anything. I just expect MORE from Jens Pulver. He's just lost THREE in a row.I was EXPECTING him to win.That's a huge difference from just wanting a fighter to win, or just wishing.I'm just really really disappointed. One or even twice, ok but THREE TIMES IN A ROW.He doesnt need babied. He needs to be told he sucked because he already has too many "poor Jens baby it's ok" fans.

Tyburn
Why did suckerpunch drop him?
They havent...yet...its a worry that I have.

Tyburn
Maybe your taking this a little personal.. too personal...
:cry: Cant help it. :sad:

Goodnight.

MattHughesRocks
01-26-2009, 03:28 AM
Dave, get off you high horse. Jens has nothing to do with you.

MattHughesRocks
01-26-2009, 03:30 AM
I had HOPED AA would win but I certianly didnt think he had much of a chance. Jens, well, like I said, I EXPECTED him to win.:cry:

matthughesfan21
No, I didn't bet anyone anything. I just expect MORE from Jens Pulver. He's just lost THREE in a row.I was EXPECTING him to win.That's a huge difference from just wanting a fighter to win, or just wishing.I'm just really really disappointed. One or even twice, ok but THREE TIMES IN A ROW.He doesnt need babied. He needs to be told he sucked because he already has too many "poor Jens baby it's ok" fans.i can understand if he was performing bad in fights he should win, but with faber, he's getting beat by the better fighter

Max
:blink: :happy0198: im sorry but that was funny

MattHughesRocks
01-26-2009, 03:32 AM
Yeah no shyte

i can understand if he was performing bad in fights he should win, but with faber, he's getting beat by the better fighter

VCURamFan
01-26-2009, 03:34 AM
Man, I was so bummed to see Jens lose. That was a classic Bas Rutten leeeever shot Urijah threw.

In other news, I'm pulling for Cowboy in the title fight.

matthughesfan21
01-26-2009, 03:35 AM
Man, I was so bummed to see Jens lose. That was a classic Bas Rutten leeeever shot Urijah threw.

In other news, I'm pulling for Cowboy in the title fight.agreed

que
01-26-2009, 03:36 AM
Suckerpunch is a Management Group that sorts stuff out for Fighters...I think they also deal with sponcerships and stuff.

one of my contacts is an agent that deals with Pulver...I'm more frightened about that then I am about WEC

oh i see. well i doubt they will drop him. he is still a bigger name and can pull more publicity/money than 99% of the other WEC featherweights

matthughesfan21
01-26-2009, 03:36 AM
Jamie Varner vs. Donald Cerrone
Round 1
Varner is swinging for the fences early. Cerrone is using good movement to avoid Varner’s power early. After 90 seconds of action, Varner catches Cerrone with a powerful two-punch combo. Cerrone, rocked from the blows, finds himself with his back to the floor in guard. Cerrone goes to a rubber guard that looks dangerous. Varner passes and absolutely tees off with punches. Lefts, rights and elbows rock Cerrone’s world on the floor. Now sporting a huge welt on his forehead above the right eye, Cerrone gets back to guard, but his head swells by the second. Cerrone gets to his feet and delivers a knee to the body. And another.

Jordan Breen scores the round 10-9 Varner
Tomas Rios scores the round 10-8 Varner
Mike Fridley scores the round 10-9 Varner

Spiritwalker
01-26-2009, 03:43 AM
oh i see. well i doubt they will drop him. he is still a bigger name and can pull more publicity/money than 99% of the other WEC featherweights

With the exception of that "kid". Uriah...:)

Max
01-26-2009, 03:49 AM
the Varner vs Cerrone fight has been good so far.

Max
01-26-2009, 03:50 AM
With the exception of that "kid". Uriah...:)
thats why he said 99% and not 100%

Max
01-26-2009, 03:56 AM
well that was a ****ty way for that fight to end

Hughes_GOAT
01-26-2009, 04:03 AM

:laugh:

kyle
01-26-2009, 04:06 AM
That was a ****ty end to a fight

Country Breakfast
01-26-2009, 04:30 AM
It looked to me that Varner could have continued. His eyes looked fine, but hey I'm no doctor.

Country Breakfast
01-26-2009, 04:38 AM
I thought Jens looked very good until he got caught with that body shot.
I will say however, that Jens is no longer an elite fighter.... and I am a big Jens fan.

VCURamFan
01-26-2009, 04:50 AM
It looked to me that Varner could have continued. His eyes looked fine, but hey I'm no doctor.I think I overheard a doc say he had a torn retina. I don't want to start a rumor and I don't know what the symptoms of a torn retina are, but I would completely agree with the docs stopping the fight if that was the case.

Hughes_GOAT
01-26-2009, 05:00 AM
Fedor detatched Nog's retina and he lost 90% vision in that eye until he had surgery.

Hughes_GOAT
01-26-2009, 05:01 AM
I thought Jens looked very good until he got caught with that body shot.
I will say however, that Jens is no longer an elite fighter.... and I am a big Jens fan.

Jens even wonders if he's elite anymore

atomdanger
01-26-2009, 07:49 AM
I have been going back and forth all night...

and I have to say Varner is a sissy, that knee did not throttle him that bad.
Oh well, good fight anyway I guess.

It was really sad to see Jens lose, I was exited because I felt he was really winning

timmyja
01-26-2009, 09:38 AM
I'm not trying to insinuate anything, but I'm starting to notice a pattern in all of Jamie Varner's fight here lately. It seems there is always SOMETHING... When Razor cracked him in their showing, he called a timeout... Dont get me wrong the guy has incrdible talent, but maybe the crowd wouldnt react the way they do if it wasn't SOMETHING every time he fights

Preach
01-26-2009, 01:26 PM

And the GSP fight this weekend hahah

Tyburn
01-26-2009, 05:16 PM
Yeah no shyte
You know, I could sit here and listen to the bollox that people like you speak about me and Jens, and I could let it get to me. In the past I would have, I'd have been sitting here crying because of your meaness. But do you know something...The only reason why I'm unhappy is because I let people like you upset me.

I've learned a few things across this season of my life. I've learned that true contentment comes from within yourself...so does conflict, saddness, turmoil. For years I would blame other people, like you for making me feel this way. I would say that I couldnt help my reaction to shyte said deliberatly to make me feel bad. I'm well aware thats what it is, because of how you've taken his past losses and what you've said to me afterwards, so you can lie to youself, but you dont fool me one little bit.

Anyhooo, I was completely restrained by the flow of power in such circumstances, everyone was always so much better, and so much more valuable then myself. Therefore I was always wrong, and I let that upset me and dictate my worth to myself. I'd then need trusted individuals to pick me back up and convince me that I was alright before I could go on.

But do you know what? I'm human also. I was made in the image of GOD and even if you all hate me and want to harm and hurt me, GOD promises to love me. I have intrinsic value, and I refuse to play a victim anymore. I dont need to cling on to friends anymore, so I have self worth. I dont have to put myself out for edjits who dont really value me, and who are not going to treat me properly...to continue to do so is to disrepect myself as much as they do.

I will always be honnest and open, and will always be emotional, but I think i've just had another growth spurt in my own progression as a person. The final acknowledgement that I'm alright, that nothing anyone can say or do can upset me unless I permit it, that no matter what circumstances I find myself in, I always have a choice how to respond, and there is always hope. I am a unique individual, idiosyncratic and devoid of social lables and stereotypes, I treat everyone with the dignity and respect I feel they deserve, but I dont need them to exist, I dont need them anymore to be socially stable, to be content. I have no high expectations or wants from people beyond that which I feel duly entitled to.

I wasnt like this yesterday and I let what happened get to me and upset me, I wont allow this to continue anymore...niether will I chase after anyone who wants to mess me around. I am not a bloody poodle...and I am not a bloody victim.

Not anymore.

:punch:

Preach
01-26-2009, 06:14 PM
You know, I could sit here and listen to the bollox that people like you speak about me and Jens, and I could let it get to me. In the past I would have, I'd have been sitting here crying because of your meaness. But do you know something...The only reason why I'm unhappy is because I let people like you upset me.

I've learned a few things across this season of my life. I've learned that true contentment comes from within yourself...so does conflict, saddness, turmoil. For years I would blame other people, like you for making me feel this way. I would say that I couldnt help my reaction to shyte said deliberatly to make me feel bad. I'm well aware thats what it is, because of how you've taken his past losses and what you've said to me afterwards, so you can lie to youself, but you dont fool me one little bit.

Anyhooo, I was completely restrained by the flow of power in such circumstances, everyone was always so much better, and so much more valuable then myself. Therefore I was always wrong, and I let that upset me and dictate my worth to myself. I'd then need trusted individuals to pick me back up and convince me that I was alright before I could go on.

But do you know what? I'm human also. I was made in the image of GOD and even if you all hate me and want to harm and hurt me, GOD promises to love me. I have intrinsic value, and I refuse to play a victim anymore. I dont need to cling on to friends anymore, so I have self worth. I dont have to put myself out for edjits who dont really value me, and who are not going to treat me properly...to continue to do so is to disrepect myself as much as they do.

I will always be honnest and open, and will always be emotional, but I think i've just had another growth spurt in my own progression as a person. The final acknowledgement that I'm alright, that nothing anyone can say or do can upset me unless I permit it, that no matter what circumstances I find myself in, I always have a choice how to respond, and there is always hope. I am a unique individual, idiosyncratic and devoid of social lables and stereotypes, I treat everyone with the dignity and respect I feel they deserve, but I dont need them to exist, I dont need them anymore to be socially stable, to be content. I have no high expectations or wants from people beyond that which I feel duly entitled to.

I wasnt like this yesterday and I let what happened get to me and upset me, I wont allow this to continue anymore...niether will I chase after anyone who wants to mess me around. I am not a bloody poodle...and I am not a bloody victim.

Not anymore.

WAR Dave I am proud to read this and have always said you were the victim to often and am glad to see this change you will be better off

atomdanger
01-26-2009, 06:14 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3456/3227960539_8e3cde2281_o.gif

You were fine Varner... O_O

Liam
01-26-2009, 06:26 PM
Are you kidding? He looked like shyte 11 seconds into the damn fight!
Wrong, Jens was doing well, was even controlling the pace for a while, got straight back up from being taken down. I dont know what you were watching.

Liam
01-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Dave is Jens's number one fan, he has alot to do with Jens.

Jonlion
01-26-2009, 06:33 PM

Not anymore.

Good for you but stick to it.

Blade
01-26-2009, 06:48 PM
So Pulver lost, who gives a sh*t, it's only a sport. Do us all a favour Tyburn and start supporting Fedor instead :tongue0011:

Tyburn
01-26-2009, 06:48 PM
Good for you but stick to it.
Dont get me wrong...I will still care about things...but I'm not going to let shyte stirers and differences of opinion effect my own morale.

I've always been emotional and expressive, that wont change...but I cant go on LETTING other people play me like a fukkin piano! :blink:

Tyburn
01-26-2009, 06:49 PM
So Pulver lost, who gives a sh*t, it's only a sport. Do us all a favour Tyburn and start supporting Fedor instead :tongue0011:
I've always supported Fedorious The Glorious...Where have you been :laugh:

But he's boring because he ALWAYS wins :rolleyes:

Tyburn
01-26-2009, 06:50 PM
Dave is Jens's number one fan, he has alot to do with Jens.
INDEED :biggrin-1:

rearnakedchoke
01-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Dont get me wrong...I will still care about things...but I'm not going to let shyte stirers and differences of opinion effect my own morale.

I've always been emotional and expressive, that wont change...but I cant go on LETTING other people play me like a fukkin piano! :blink:
Hey Moderator, please watch the language ...

Tyburn
01-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Hey Moderator, please watch the language ...
:ashamed: sorry :unsure-1:

atomdanger
01-26-2009, 07:37 PM
Wrong, Jens was doing well, was even controlling the pace for a while, got straight back up from being taken down. I dont know what you were watching.

Jens was doing very well, I had him winning.

VCURamFan
01-26-2009, 07:40 PM
Jens was doing very well, I had him winning.I agree. He was pushing forward, he bounced right back up to his feet after Urijah took him down (who else has done that?), he caught-and-threw beautifully when Urijah threw that kick. It was all going great until that liver shot. Textbook Bas.

Country Breakfast
01-26-2009, 07:45 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3456/3227960539_8e3cde2281_o.gif

You were fine Varner... O_O

Yeah, I think he could have continued. Varner doesn't have the heart or mental toughness to be a great fighter.
Rich Franklin nearly had his eye gouged out, and he continued.

rearnakedchoke
01-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I think he could have continued. Varner doesn't have the heart or mental toughness to be a great fighter.

yeah, but rich knew he had to go for the KO, varner knew he had the decision and why risk getting KO'd .. does it make it right? nope, but who really knows how he feels ...

atomdanger
01-26-2009, 08:53 PM

Yeah, he wasn't even close to a direct shot, at first when I watched it live I didn't even think it hit at all.

atomdanger
01-26-2009, 08:54 PM
yeah, but rich knew he had to go for the KO, varner knew he had the decision and why risk getting KO'd .. does it make it right? nope, but who really knows how he feels ...

You're a fighter, a champion, and in the 5th round.

You are suppose to be a man and fight, not take a very lame way out,
not very champion like on his part in my opinion.

Too many people fight not to lose.

Preach
01-26-2009, 09:01 PM
I am glad we such great experts on here that know all about damage caused from that hit just from watching it on tv. And to think these hospitals spend all that money on x ray machines and mri's. When all they have to do is look at the person

atomdanger
01-26-2009, 09:07 PM
I am glad we such great experts on here that know all about damage caused from that hit just from watching it on tv. And to think these hospitals spend all that money on x ray machines and mri's. When all they have to do is look at the person

This is a forum, its sort of what we are here for.
To argue over this or that, and discuss things.

I not only have a decent knowledge of the human body,
but I train and fight as well, I've been in Martial Arts since my 10th birthday.

I can honestly say, to the best of my knowledge that knee probably didn't do much damage or hurt as bad as he made it out to hurt.
He wanted the win.

Preach
01-26-2009, 10:00 PM
This is a forum, its sort of what we are here for.
To argue over this or that, and discuss things.

I not only have a decent knowledge of the human body,
but I train and fight as well, I've been in Martial Arts since my 10th birthday.

I can honestly say, to the best of my knowledge that knee probably didn't do much damage or hurt as bad as he made it out to hurt.
He wanted the win.

I agree but I also believe that he may have been hurt. I know how freak accidents happen it is weird.. I just hate to slam this guy and say he's not much of a champion when we really don't know the extint of his injury

atomdanger
01-26-2009, 10:09 PM
I agree but I also believe that he may have been hurt. I know how freak accidents happen it is weird.. I just hate to slam this guy and say he's not much of a champion when we really don't know the extint of his injury

He has a broken foot and hand, no word about his head at all.

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/01/26/varner-suffers-broken-foot-and-hand-during-split-decision-victory-over-cerrone/

I suppose we should wait for the official word.

Tyburn
01-26-2009, 10:12 PM
See...I turned the thing off after the Jens fight...soooo I didnt actually watch the match with Varner...I dont know that either of them have a history of being cowards or deliberate cheats though... :blink:

Jason 16
01-27-2009, 03:25 AM
thank god no one is blameing currone for the knee when I watched it did look like for a split second he rocked back and his knees came off the ground but went right back right before the knee hit, I think currone could have pulled off the ko if he had the rest of the round ....... maybe well he'll get another shot soon

Neezar
01-27-2009, 03:41 AM

Thank goodness! Cause I got something else to say about your talking crap about Jens. :angry:

Hughes_GOAT
01-27-2009, 06:48 AM
I've always supported Fedorious The Glorious...Where have you been :laugh:

But he's boring because he ALWAYS wins :rolleyes:

i bet you wish Jens was boring :laugh:

Hughes_GOAT
01-27-2009, 06:51 AM

Not anymore.

Dave's been reading Dianetics apparently

Hughes_GOAT
01-27-2009, 06:52 AM
And the GSP fight this weekend hahah

+1

Neezar
01-27-2009, 11:14 AM
+1

You going with Baby J? :huh:

Tyburn
01-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Thank goodness! Cause I got something else to say about your talking crap about Jens. :angry:
:laugh: Before you talk to me....hows about you talk to Michelle...shes talking Crap...I'm just telling you what I believe and guess what...its what Jens believes aswell...if the articals about him printed last week on WEC were true :tongue0011:

Tyburn
01-28-2009, 09:29 PM
i bet you wish Jens was boring :laugh:
Where is the excitement if you know what the outcome will be?

No...I like Jens exactly the way he is :)

Hughes_GOAT
01-29-2009, 06:52 AM
You going with Baby J? :huh:

it's a tough one but i like Penn more, so going against my own logic in picking fights, i will pick who i like more:laugh:

Hughes_GOAT
01-29-2009, 06:53 AM
Where is the excitement if you know what the outcome will be?

No...I like Jens exactly the way he is :)

spoken like someone who doesn't bet money:frantics:

Tyburn
01-29-2009, 12:42 PM
it's a tough one but i like Penn more, so going against my own logic in picking fights, i will pick who i like more:laugh:
:unsure-1: careful....:laugh:

Tyburn
01-29-2009, 12:44 PM
spoken like someone who doesn't bet money:frantics:
:laugh: Thats because I dont HAVE money to bet with :rolleyes:

Usually I play things really safe, but because ive done that for SO long there is a side of me that pops up everyso often and takes...dreadful risks:mellow: