PDA

View Full Version : The 10 Worst Commentary Moments in MMA History

atomdanger
04-01-2009, 11:20 PM
http://www.cagepotato.com/10-worst-commentary-moments-mma-history

Pretty funny stuff, I loved Kimbo's "City of Japan" comment.

"Ranallo: "At the press conference...Evinger said 'I'd rather make out with Gina Carano, but instead I'm going to have to knock her out'."
Goldberg: "And I'm not going to touch that one with a 25-foot pole, Mauro."
Ranallo: "I'd like to touch it with a 25-centimeter one, but instead we'll just call the fight."

"Kevin Mulhall will be our referee for this beautiful matchup of warriors and freaks ready to pound and dance…”
-Scott Ferrall

que
04-02-2009, 01:42 AM
haha i remember when mauro said that. that was awesome

Chuck
04-02-2009, 03:30 AM

I LOL'd..... :laugh:

Llamafighter
04-02-2009, 12:35 PM
That is freaking hilarious!!!!

Jonlion
04-02-2009, 12:39 PM
#3: Gus Johnson sells it a little too hard
EliteXC: Heat, 10/4/08

When Ken Shamrock suspiciously dropped out of his fight against Kimbo Slice at EliteXC's fateful final event, many fans thought Kimbo would be in serious trouble against the fairly-legitimate Seth Petruzelli, who he hadn't prepared for. Announcer Gus Johnson was not one of those people. In his eyes, Kimbo was indestructible — a real-life Clubber Lang — and defeating him would represent a monumental achivement. So when it actually happened, he responded accordingly: "ROCKY! ROCKY IS HERE! SETH PETRUZELLI SHOCKS THE WORLD!" And then, a line that will hopefully haunt Gus for the rest of his broadcasting career: "THE MOST INCREDIBLE VICTORY IN THE HISTORY OF MIXED MARTIAL ARTS!" Maybe if the sport's history began that afternoon, you could possibly make that argument. But in reality, Johnson just came off as an ill-informed blowhard noob.

What an idiot! ha ha

Llamafighter
04-02-2009, 01:17 PM
I was thinking that Tito captured all 10 spots in one event.

Chuck
04-02-2009, 01:26 PM
I was thinking that Tito captured all 10 spots in one event.

Do you remember the scene in Airplane where they were all talking Jive? That's what Tito reminded me of... it's like he was using english words... but speaking his own special language...

Llamafighter
04-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Do you remember the scene in Airplane where they were all talking Jive? That's what Tito reminded me of... it's like he was using english words... but speaking his own special language...

June Cleaver was soooo street!

Jeval
04-03-2009, 12:08 AM
That commentary from UFC 1 almost made me fall off my chair.:laugh:

Maldonado136
04-03-2009, 01:13 AM
i remember in one of the old ufcs someone locked on a triangle and the commentator was like that wont work thats nothing and then the dude tapped. it was amusing

lc87
04-03-2009, 03:47 AM
My fave quote was from pride 33. When dan was in wands guard and they said wands in trouble dans got baby making hips.