PDA

View Full Version : BLOG: Dancing with the Stars

NateR
04-01-2009, 02:24 PM
From Matt's Blog:

http://www.matt-hughes.com/images/blogimages/DancingWithTheStarsLogo.jpg

I just got a phone call from Renana Barkan, the producer of Dancing with the Stars and they want me to be on the show for the next season. The 4-weeks of training doesn't start until after my fight, so that won't be a problem, and then we start taping the show right after that. So, I'll kick the idea around with the wife and we'll see where it goes from here. -matt

KevinD
04-01-2009, 02:32 PM
lol...that I would like to see

dancing with a hot chick would be fun.....if only this weren't the first day of April :)

Blmfighter
04-01-2009, 02:33 PM
That would be great!

To bad it is April Fool's day.

Twinsmama
04-01-2009, 02:37 PM
It will be funny when you slam Sarah and do a little happy dance. And that is no april fools. I also expect that you wife will be doing the happy dance. I know I will be!:happydancing: :happydancing: But Dancing with the Stars is not cool. :punch:

Bonnie
04-01-2009, 02:40 PM
I forgot it was April Fools Day! :rolleyes:

I was getting all excited. :happydancing:

That's a shame Matt 'cause Ty Murray is dancing this time around and he's a 9-time world champion cowboy/bullrider.

If Ty Murray can do it, I know you can! Oh, well... :wink:

NateR
04-01-2009, 02:41 PM
:happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing:

Matt thought it was an April Fool's Day joke too, but it turned out to be real.

matthughesfan21
04-01-2009, 02:41 PM
April Fool's haha...and if this is true, it will be the first time I won't tune in to see Matt

TENNESSEAN
04-01-2009, 02:45 PM
I think this ones for real. I read his name on a list of stars that may be on next season. I will try to post a link when I get off work.
Matt please don't do this first they got Ty now maybe you. My wife is getting way to much ammunition.(she wants us to take lessons)

matthughesfan21
04-01-2009, 02:51 PM
I think this ones for real. I read his name on a list of stars that may be on next season. I will try to post a link when I get off work.
Matt please don't do this first they got Ty now maybe you. My wife is getting way to much ammunition.(she wants us to take lessons)
rock on, would I watch if Matt was on it? maybe....but I promised myself I would never watch that show and I've had no problems

Llamafighter
04-01-2009, 02:59 PM
You got to do it Matt! You always say you'd like to learn to dance, well what better way than with some of the best dance instructors in the world. Just tell Audra that you'll be able to dance like James Bond when you get done. What wife wouldn't love that?

If this is April Fools then good for you man!

NateR
04-01-2009, 03:07 PM
You got to do it Matt! You always say you'd like to learn to dance, well what better way than with some of the best dance instructors in the world. Just tell Audra that you'll be able to dance like James Bond when you get done. What wife wouldn't love that?

If this is April Fools then good for you man!

I think Audra is a big fan of the show, so I have a feeling that her vote is going to be "yes." :)

Crisco
04-01-2009, 03:09 PM
I think Audra is a big fan of the show, so I have a feeling that her vote is going to be "yes." :)

Lol. I still say April fools.

But it's Matt's chance to learn how to dance finally.

rearnakedchoke
04-01-2009, 03:09 PM
Man, can't wait til Latin Dancing week .. Matt "Lambada" Hughes .........

Llamafighter
04-01-2009, 03:10 PM

Once my wiffe sees Matt on the show she'll never doubt the hours I spend on this site again:)
Matt would be 100 times better than Mayweather was!

Blmfighter
04-01-2009, 03:21 PM
I think it would be great if Matt did the show. My wife watches it and I would be able to watch it with her.

Bonnie
04-01-2009, 03:23 PM

I definitely think she should say YES! I mean if Emmett Smith can do it and win, I know Matt could do it!

And Ty Murray, 9-time world champion... :w00t:

Look at all the athletes that have been on it.

WAR DANCE...HUGHES!!! :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing:

TENNESSEAN
04-01-2009, 03:52 PM
Just called my wife she read the article to me that had Matts name as a possible star for next season. She can't remember the site. She said it was hollywood gossip mill or something like that. See what you guys can find.

Primadawn
04-01-2009, 04:31 PM
I got excited for a minute there, but I call April Fool's...

:ninja: If it's not a joke, I'm totally stoked! :ninja:

Miss Foxy
04-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Oh my stars!! That would be so awesome if Matt was on the show!! How exciting he's gonna look so darn cute!! hehehe!!!:cool:

Deerstabber
04-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Twinkle toes Hughes!! Just hope he can dance better then he shoots!!HAHAHAHAHAHA

Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya
04-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Matt did say in the Christmas Quiz..............
singing and dancing was something he wanted to improve on!!!!:winking0071:

Maybe he just waited to post this now, b/c it seems like such
a great April Fools Joke!!!!!:Whistle:

April Fools back at ya

P.S. I would tune in to watch though!:)

Llamafighter
04-01-2009, 05:11 PM
I'm surprisd they didn't asked Keith Jardine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1nzEFMjkI4&feature=related

KevinD
04-01-2009, 05:25 PM
would Matt open his shirt and wear a few gold chains (Mr. T. starter kit) when dancing?.....lol

Maybe Matt can practice his dancing when Serra is laid out seeing stars, Matt can break out ans start swivelling his hips, kinda like Spencer Fisher lol

bradwright
04-01-2009, 05:27 PM
Matts gotta be kidding here,:laugh: this has to be an April fools joke,:laugh:
i mean i just cant stop laughing,
if it isn't a joke and its for real then i know where i'm going to get my laughs from next season,

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww196/bradwright/36_1_19.gifsorry Matt,i just cant stop laughing,http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww196/bradwright/36_1_19.gif

CAVEMAN
04-01-2009, 05:47 PM
I'm calling April Fools on this one as well.......:unsure-1: :huh: :blink:

bradwright
04-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Matts gotta be kidding here,:laugh: this has to be an April fools joke,:laugh:
i mean i just cant stop laughing,
if it isn't a joke and its for real then i know where i'm going to me laughs from next season,

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww196/bradwright/36_1_19.gifsorry Matt,i just cant stop laughing,http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww196/bradwright/36_1_19.gif

okay,i calmed down a bit,sorry about laughing like that Matt but even you must see the humor in it,
well maybe not,but some of us do,:)
anyway,if its not a joke and you decide to do it,well i just want to wish you luck,
and yes,i wouldn't miss that for anything,no really,i'm telling the truth.:happydancing:

mikthehick
04-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Well Matt, if this is for real that would be cool....

but I'm not buyin it :wink:

Time will tell. I remember last year the stunt to move up to middle weight so you could fight Anderson Silva turned out to be a nice joke as well :laugh:

TexasRN
04-01-2009, 10:41 PM
Dancing, yes. :happydancing: Just don't sing. :wink:

I have never watched the show but if Matt is on it, I am taping every episode.

~Amy

J.B.
04-01-2009, 11:56 PM
April Fools or not, you should do it Matt! :laugh:

Boomer
04-02-2009, 03:05 AM
Actually in watching matt warm up before a fight ... the jumpng rope, the shadow boxing ... etc ... its more like a dance then anthing else. Never skips a beat. He'd do really well.

VCURamFan
04-02-2009, 03:23 AM
Actually in watching matt warm up before a fight ... the jumpng rope, the shadow boxing ... etc ... its more like a dance then anthing else. Never skips a beat. He'd do really well.I agree. It's funny, but Rich Franklin's Hit + Run today was all about the similarities between fighting & dancing. I'll have to post it.

Bonnie
04-02-2009, 03:54 AM
All right, for those who watch the show, which female dancer would you pair Matt with.

My picks are Cheryl, Kim, or Julianne. :w00t:

Primadawn
04-02-2009, 04:21 AM
All right, for those who watch the show, which female dancer would you pair Matt with.

My picks are Cheryl, Kim, or Juliane. :w00t:

Edyta!

Bonnie
04-02-2009, 04:28 AM
I like Edyta, but I don't know if she would be taller than Matt. :unsure-1:

lc87
04-02-2009, 04:58 AM
Well Matt, if this is for real that would be cool....

but I'm not buyin it :wink:

Time will tell. I remember last year the stunt to move up to middle weight so you could fight Anderson Silva turned out to be a nice joke as well :laugh:

I thought last year was going to light heavyweight for shogun

Primadawn
04-02-2009, 11:08 AM
I like Edyta, but I don't know if she would be taller than Matt. :unsure-1:

Oh you're right--she is really tall. OK..in that case, I would pick Cheryl.

Llamafighter
04-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Definitly Cheryl! She works well with athletes and makes all her partners look good!
:unsure-1: I mean..
:angry: I don't watch that stupid show!:ashamed:

Bonnie
04-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Definitly Cheryl! She works well with athletes and makes all her partners look good!

Mark, don't deny your inner dancer...let him out! :w00t:

You're one of us! :happydancing:

Llamafighter
04-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Mark, don't deny your inner dancer...let him out! :w00t:

You're one of us! :happydancing:

:ninja:
:happydancing:
:ninja:

rearnakedchoke
04-02-2009, 01:31 PM

Right ...... like Jerry's doesn't watch Melrose Place .... I think we should stick ya on the polygraph ......

Llamafighter
04-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Right ...... like Jerry's doesn't watch Melrose Place .... I think we should stick ya on the polygraph ......

I ain't skeered :punch:

:unsure-1:

:cry:

Black Mamba
04-02-2009, 05:42 PM

I would have a hard time watching it if Matt got Cheryl as a partner. I'm not a huge fan of her, and I'm not sure if they would mesh. I could see Matt dancing with Anna (Jonathan's wife) or Julianne Hough since she has more a country flavor.

And yes I'm a huge Dancing with the Stars fan, I've been watching it since the beginning. If this isn't a April fool's joke then awesome! If it is, then poopy.

VCURamFan
04-02-2009, 05:45 PM
OK, so it's now April 2. Can we get the official retraction posted so these women will calm down (and Llama can try to regain a shred of his masculinity!!)?

Bonnie
04-02-2009, 06:08 PM
OK, so it's now April 2. Can we get the official retraction posted so these women will calm down (and Llama can try to regain a shred of his masculinity!!)?

Obviously, you haven't been watching and seen those very masculine men who can lift, flip and dip the ladies.

OMG, those chests (they could give Mike a run for his money), all those tight...assets. And, they can lead. :Whistle:

Leave Mark alone, he's fine just where he is. :happydancing:

VCURamFan
04-02-2009, 06:31 PM
I would have a hard time watching it if Matt got Cheryl as a partner. I'm not a huge fan of her, and I'm not sure if they would mesh. I could see Matt dancing with Anna (Jonathan's wife) or Julianne Hough since she has more a country flavor.

And yes I'm a huge Dancing with the Stars fan, I've been watching it since the beginning. If this isn't a April fool's joke then awesome! If it is, then poopy.Hell-to-the-YEAH! She's smokin'!!!!

Llamafighter
04-02-2009, 06:37 PM

:angry:
I SAID I DON'T WATCH THAT STUPID SHOW!!

:scared0011: Julianne Hough WOULD be perfect!:ashamed:

VCURamFan
04-02-2009, 06:50 PM
:angry:
I SAID I DON'T WATCH THAT STUPID SHOW!!

:scared0011: Julianne Hough WOULD be perfect!:ashamed:

:happydancing:Hey, whatever you say, bro.:Whistle:

Bonnie
04-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Hell-to-the-YEAH! She's smokin'!!!!

Ben, fyi, women like a man who can dance. :happydancing:

I think Edyta would go well with your tall frame. :wink:

County Mike
04-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Obviously, you haven't been watching and seen those very masculine men who can lift, flip and dip the ladies.

OMG, those chests (they could give Mike a run for his money), all those tight...assets. And, they can lead. :Whistle:

Leave Mark alone, he's fine just where he is. :happydancing:

Nonsense!!!

It's OK to be a man and dance with your lady.
However, watching a show about dancing is pushing it.

Bonnie
04-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Nonsense!!!

It's OK to be a man and dance with your lady.
However, watching a show about dancing is pushing it.

It's dancing, but it's also about competition. Why do you think these athletes are coming on the show. Some of them are really good and have won. Jason Taylor :faint: did really well and, like you, shaves his head. :wink:

I'm shocked at you, Mike. All those beautiful scantily clad women and you're not tivoing. :Whistle:

Tyburn
04-02-2009, 11:21 PM
From Matt's Blog:
Well Matt has the ballence :w00t:

...but does he have the rythmn :huh:

:laugh:

VCURamFan
04-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Ben, fyi, women like a man who can dance. :happydancing:

I think Edyta would go well with your tall frame. :wink:Don't worry about me, I've taken a coupla classes. My wife will be more than satisfied on our wedding day (if maybe a bit surprised).:)

Bonnie
04-02-2009, 11:53 PM
Well Matt has the ballence :w00t:

...but does he have the rythmn :huh:

:laugh:

That's the thing, some of these really beautiful women come on and they can't seem to get in the groove. The top half of their body is moving this way and the bottom half that way. No rhythm to save their lives! :scared0011:

Then you get some of these athletes on and they are smokin' hot and hot to trot! :laugh:

A lot of sports (like boxing for instance) are like dancing. You need rhythm, balance, coordination, etc... Those dancers have great core strength in order to bend and move like they do. They are athletes in their own right.

I think Matt would do great! :happydancing:

Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya
04-03-2009, 12:29 AM
I'd vote for Matt!!!:)

KENTUCKYREDBONE
04-03-2009, 05:33 AM
I think it would be funny if Mat turned the offer down!

Blmfighter
04-03-2009, 01:01 PM
VCU,

I felt the same way about my wedding night but I didn't have to take any classess.

Krupp
04-03-2009, 03:39 PM
You know, there was once an infamous comedian who once declared, "Real men don't dance; they sit, sweat, and curse."

Don't know if that's a proverb worth following or not; I just know it's how I feel about these kinds of things..I'm sure my future wife will be sorely dissapointed when she finds out i'm not much of a dancing man.

Llamafighter
04-03-2009, 03:42 PM
You know, there was once an infamous comedian who once declared, "Real men don't dance; they sit, sweat, and curse."

Don't know if that's a proverb worth following or not; I just know it's how I feel about these kinds of things..I'm sure my future wife will be sorely dissapointed when she finds out i'm not much of a dancing man.

Well Billy Joel "learned you can dance and still look tough anyway yaaaay!"

Crisco
04-03-2009, 04:11 PM
So Matt is pretty late on the april fools...

VCURamFan
04-03-2009, 04:15 PM
VCU,

I felt the same way about my wedding night but I didn't have to take any classess.She'll be pleasantly surprised for that, too, no worries.:wink:

Blmfighter
04-03-2009, 05:15 PM
When are Nate or Matt going to come on and tell us it was a joke?

Tyburn
04-03-2009, 05:38 PM
That's the thing, some of these really beautiful women come on and they can't seem to get in the groove. The top half of their body is moving this way and the bottom half that way. No rhythm to save their lives! :scared0011:

Then you get some of these athletes on and they are smokin' hot and hot to trot! :laugh:

A lot of sports (like boxing for instance) are like dancing. You need rhythm, balance, coordination, etc... Those dancers have great core strength in order to bend and move like they do. They are athletes in their own right.

I think Matt would do great! :happydancing:
Yes...but can they use that to AID the other person performing with them...and can they do it when the music dictates the pace

Bonnie
04-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Yes...but can they use that to AID the other person performing with them...and can they do it when the music dictates the pace

Who they, the professional dancers? And "use that/do it"?

You mean use their core strength to help the amateur celeb dancers?

Clarify please... :)

Tyburn
04-03-2009, 08:47 PM
Who they, the professional dancers? And "use that/do it"?

You mean use their core strength to help the amateur celeb dancers?

Clarify please... :)
No...I mean just because they know how to move, does not mean they can dance to music or understand musical rythmn.

You mentioned how fighters have a certain rythmn because they can dance during a fight...but the object of that is to frustrate the person they are fighting against...they are not working to compliment the other person they are dancing with.

Now can they convert that movement, to not fight against an opponent, but to compliment a dancing partner. Can they use the Music to dictate the pace of their movement...rather then be forced by an aggressive opponent, or rather then imposing their will.

Can they be subservient to the beat of the music...can they use their movement to enhance heir partner.

so...they have the raw material, but they may need moulding is what I think I mean :laugh:

Miss Foxy
04-03-2009, 08:55 PM
No...I mean just because they know how to move, does not mean they can dance to music or understand musical rythmn.

You mentioned how fighters have a certain rythmn because they can dance during a fight...but the object of that is to frustrate the person they are fighting against...they are not working to compliment the other person they are dancing with.

Now can they convert that movement, to not fight against an opponent, but to compliment a dancing partner. Can they use the Music to dictate the pace of their movement...rather then be forced by an aggressive opponent, or rather then imposing their will.

Can they be subservient to the beat of the music...can they use their movement to enhance heir partner.

so...they have the raw material, but they may need moulding is what I think I mean :laugh:
From my experience in boxing the rhythm is for everything from getting your speed and accuracy down to guarding yourself against jabs and punches. I know when my daughter trains and I train with her I do a lot of rhythm moves with her like 123 jab... 12 jab, hook..I think a good fighter **COUGH COUGH* Matt. has to have some form of rhythm.. Just watch his technique when he is performing...Especially ground n pound.... Its like boom, boom, boom boom, boom boom....:happydancing:

Bonnie
04-03-2009, 09:02 PM
You have to have something to work with like musicality. Some people just don't have any natural rhythm just like some people just aren't born to sing.

I just used boxing as an example of how you have to be in tune with your body, eye to hand coordination and yes, your feet.

The professional dancers definitely can bring out and help along their partner's dancing, but they have to have "something" to work with. There is only so much they can do. You quickly see who has potential and who really doesn't.

I think if Matt wanted to do this and let himself go and have fun with it, he could do it. Hey, Ty Murray, a 9-time world champion cowboy/bullrider is on the show right now. You don't come anymore macho than a cowboy, Dave. If Ty Murray can do it, Matt sure as heck can!

MattHughesRocks
04-04-2009, 12:13 AM
I'm going to be Matt's partner! :w00t: I can not wait! :happydancing:

Miss Foxy
04-04-2009, 02:06 AM
Im jealous!! Im straight out being a hater!! LOL.....

Bonnie
04-04-2009, 03:03 AM

Hold on sister! Shouldn't we have a competition or something to determine which one of us is going to be Matt's partner?

Now what da ya got? Can you shake it , shimmy and do the salsa? Can you waltz? Can you tango, baby? :laugh:

As Big John says, "Let's get it oonnnn!" :happydancing:

MattHughesRocks
04-04-2009, 05:26 AM
It's too late.Matt & I have been practicing for weeks now! I'm so excited! :w00t:

Hold on sister! Shouldn't we have a competition or something to determine which one of us is going to be Matt's partner?

Now what da ya got? Can you shake it , shimmy and do the salsa? Can you waltz? Can you tango, baby? :laugh:

As Big John says, "Let's get it oonnnn!" :happydancing:

Tyburn
04-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Michelle...I cant see

and not think of you :laugh:

Primadawn
04-04-2009, 01:44 PM
It's too late.Matt & I have been practicing for weeks now! I'm so excited! :w00t:

Wooohoooo! Dip him Michelle--dip him!!! :happydancing:

bradwright
04-04-2009, 05:22 PM
so let me see if i understand this whole thing,

SO ITS NOT SOME KIND OF APRIL FOOLS JOKE THEN?

oh oh,,