PDA

View Full Version : Malaysia Flight 370

Bonnie
03-21-2014, 04:53 PM
Where is it? Did it crash? Was it highjacked? What do y'all think?

And what royal missteps by Malaysia since this all began; a lot of time lost in the immediate search for this plane due to their lack of and/or unwillingness to communicate information with other countries that have the capabilities in situations like this.

rearnakedchoke
03-21-2014, 08:42 PM
i don't think we will ever find out what happened .. i think its possible that the pilots were in on it with the two iranians who had stolen passports .. i wouldn't be surprised if it landed in iran .. they have been quiet ..

Bonnie
03-22-2014, 08:08 AM
i don't think we will ever find out what happened .. i think its possible that the pilots were in on it with the two iranians who had stolen passports .. i wouldn't be surprised if it landed in iran .. they have been quiet ..

I think we will find out eventually, I just hope it's sooner rather than later especially for the sake of all the families waiting desperately for news of their loved ones.

It sounds like it would have been possible for them to reach Pakistan or Iran. The plane could have flown out of reach of radar until it hit the shore of Pakistan. Considering we found Osama Bin Laden in Pakistan, I wouldn't put anything past that government.

What a mystery...for now....

Tyburn
03-24-2014, 04:40 PM

:laugh: Landed in Iran? :laugh:

It would bearly have made it to india...what people forget is, this plane CANT be "anywhere" actually, it can only be within the radius of the fuel it had...and without refueling, it wouldnt have made it to Iran, Or Africa.

Its very simple, the plane is somewhere in the waters surounding the south east asian peninsular and Islands. OR I suppose it could have crashed/landed in north west australia...we know it probably didnt do this because Australia has a missile defence system...they would have seen some plane like this arriving.

It probably didnt land on any of the Islands because this was a big plane and needed a very reasonable sized runway, even to crash land. Nope...She's at the bottom of the ocean...the question is why.

It could have been an accident...but of course that means she would have crashed along her flight plan, and we know she strayed. Communications went down, which does imply a hijacking...but noone hijacks a plane to make it vanish...they have plans to take it somewhere and do something with it...except she had not enough fuel to make it anywhere important, nor has any group claimed credit...and there is little point in hijacking a plane if noone knows you've done it.

Last I heard they said she had probably gone south...thats bad...because the ocean at that point of the earth is not good...there is the meeting of two of the largest and strongest oceanic currents in the world, the same one that makes the galapagos islands so fertile...and if she did actually crash into the sea...well...the abyssal plane is off the chart in depths...there is a trench system around that part of the world...if she ended up sinking into that she will never be seen again, the trench is too deep...I dont think we can even get to the bottom of some of them in that part of the world.

She's gone, and we may never know why...its far, FAR to late for any survivors to be found alive, even if they did escape the initial impact...that was like nearly three weeks ago...they wont survive in the ocean for that long...and with those currents...they could be washed into the Pacific, or they might be pushed into antarctic ice...

They are all dead :sad:

Bonnie
03-24-2014, 06:36 PM

It would bearly have made it to india...what people forget is, this plane CANT be "anywhere" actually, it can only be within the radius of the fuel it had...and without refueling, it wouldnt have made it to Iran, Or Africa.

Its very simple, the plane is somewhere in the waters surounding the south east asian peninsular and Islands. OR I suppose it could have crashed/landed in north west australia...we know it probably didnt do this because Australia has a missile defence system...they would have seen some plane like this arriving.

It probably didnt land on any of the Islands because this was a big plane and needed a very reasonable sized runway, even to crash land. Nope...She's at the bottom of the ocean...the question is why.

It could have been an accident...but of course that means she would have crashed along her flight plan, and we know she strayed. Communications went down, which does imply a hijacking...but noone hijacks a plane to make it vanish...they have plans to take it somewhere and do something with it...except she had not enough fuel to make it anywhere important, nor has any group claimed credit...and there is little point in hijacking a plane if noone knows you've done it.

Last I heard they said she had probably gone south...thats bad...because the ocean at that point of the earth is not good...there is the meeting of two of the largest and strongest oceanic currents in the world, the same one that makes the galapagos islands so fertile...and if she did actually crash into the sea...well...the abyssal plane is off the chart in depths...there is a trench system around that part of the world...if she ended up sinking into that she will never be seen again, the trench is too deep...I dont think we can even get to the bottom of some of them in that part of the world.

She's gone, and we may never know why...its far, FAR to late for any survivors to be found alive, even if they did escape the initial impact...that was like nearly three weeks ago...they wont survive in the ocean for that long...and with those currents...they could be washed into the Pacific, or they might be pushed into antarctic ice...

This morning, the Malaysian PM came on and announced that "British" satellite shows the plane did take the southern route towards the Indian Ocean; also, apparently search vessels have seen some floating objects in the water there they believe are possibly from the plane. It is a vast area with underwater volcanoes and difficult terrain from what they say. The U.S. is supposed to be sending over a piece of equipment used to locate black boxes under the water. Let's pray it gets a hit and they are able to find the plane and at least retrieve the black boxes so they can uncover the mystery of what happened.

If it is there, I pray they were already dead before it flew those seven hours before crashing. :sad:

Tyburn
03-24-2014, 09:15 PM
This morning, the Malaysian PM came on and announced that "British" satellite shows the plane did take the southern route towards the Indian Ocean; also, apparently search vessels have seen some floating objects in the water there they believe are possibly from the plane. It is a vast area with underwater volcanoes and difficult terrain from what they say. The U.S. is supposed to be sending over a piece of equipment used to locate black boxes under the water. Let's pray it gets a hit and they are able to find the plane and at least retrieve the black boxes so they can uncover the mystery of what happened.

If it is there, I pray they were already dead before it flew those seven hours before crashing. :sad:

Yes, what they need is the blackbox...the most likely explaination is a flight 93 scenario if you ask me...the plane was hijacked, but those on board prevented it from reaching its target...the obvious flaw in this is where the hell was the hijackers target...there is nothing within travelling distance of any importance, much less for a single plane, not working in tangent with others.

The other possibility for me is that the same thing that knocked out the communications caused, physically, the plane to change its direction. Now I dont know the sort of freak weather condition that would cause a plane to go off course and cut its communications...I mean...it never even sent out a mayday call...those sort of things dont happen outside of the bermuda triangle...but as you say...it is a volcanic stretch of the abyssal plain...

Better, I think to have died in the impact, then to have either drowned, or worse, died at sea, waiting for a resuce that never came...our thoughts and prayers should now be with the families...I mean, for them its doubly hard...even if we find out what has happened...the likelyhood of recovering bodies...its minimal now...and I cant think of anything worse then not having a body to burry if that makes sense :unsure-1:

Bonnie
03-25-2014, 03:19 AM
Yes, what they need is the blackbox...the most likely explaination is a flight 93 scenario if you ask me...the plane was hijacked, but those on board prevented it from reaching its target...the obvious flaw in this is where the hell was the hijackers target...there is nothing within travelling distance of any importance, much less for a single plane, not working in tangent with others.

The other possibility for me is that the same thing that knocked out the communications caused, physically, the plane to change its direction. Now I dont know the sort of freak weather condition that would cause a plane to go off course and cut its communications...I mean...it never even sent out a mayday call...those sort of things dont happen outside of the bermuda triangle...but as you say...it is a volcanic stretch of the abyssal plain...

Better, I think to have died in the impact, then to have either drowned, or worse, died at sea, waiting for a resuce that never came...our thoughts and prayers should now be with the families...I mean, for them its doubly hard...even if we find out what has happened...the likelyhood of recovering bodies...its minimal now...and I cant think of anything worse then not having a body to burry if that makes sense :unsure-1:

So many ?s: ACARS being turned off; the plane changing directions BEFORE the co-pilot says, "Goodnight"; then the transponders being turned off. Also, different route or way/weigh #s are programmed into the plane after they took off. What made the plane go up to 45,000 ft and back down, and how did it get turned around heading south. I really hope they retrieve those boxes and they can tell us what was happening.

Well, I hope they died before they even knew something was wrong, before that 7-8 hour trip south to the Indian Ocean, that they were spared the knowledge that they were going to their death.

To be honest, at this point, I don't know if I believe the Malaysian gov't., their handling of this from the get-go has been a major **. And they've put those anguished families thru even more hell. They're coming off very shady, incompetent and cruel!

VCURamFan
03-25-2014, 02:13 PM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8117851648/h84D2407F/

(Sorry, I'm a bad person)

Tyburn
03-25-2014, 06:21 PM
The malaysians are now saying they think the flotsam found in the Indian Ocean is part of the plane, and have told the families to expect the worse.

The best theory I've heard so far has also come out...apparently, in the case of an accident or some technical problems, the plane can go into an auto circle...that is to say it puts itself into a continued holding pattern.

There is a suggestion that something went wrong onboard, maybe damage due to weather, maybe a technical difficulty, that during that time the planes change in elivation could be explained by the crew taking steps to avoid danger, but failing to do so whatever they were avoiding knocks out communications, and something...maybe a lack of control, puts the plane into a holding pattern.

in this scenario, the crew and passengers are killed by whatever they have encountered, maybe a gas leak, or maybe damage done due to external forces...the plane then spends the next seven hours as a flying ghost ship going round and round in circles until it inevitably runs out of fuel and dives into the ocean.

In such a scenario, those people were dead long before the plane crashed, and more then two and a half weeks ago. There would have been no chance of survival...and the plane should be somewhere very close to where it vanished from radar, since it was in a holding pattern.

My theory is that the Malaysians were not paying due attention to this flight, and that they may not even have known at the time when it dissapeared. I think there is no major power in that part of the world that has really stepped in to help a pretty useless Government...and I'm pretty sure they wont tell us anything until they know absolutely everything

the issue now is simple...that black box only has sonar batteries for a limitted time...if they dont find it soon, the wreck is going to be harder to find...we may already be past that point now...and I personally believe thats about lack of communication within the country and an incapable government.

Remember....this is not a small plane...this is a major plane...they dont just vanish, unless the people supposedly handling them are not watching them and then looose sight of them...

I now think that this is whats happened...and I perfer to think that whatever the initial problem then encountered was mechanical or enginnering fault rather then external forces...I think something blew, and it was like carbon monoxide poisening...and the rest just happened automatically.

rearnakedchoke
03-25-2014, 06:45 PM

meh .. if you look where they are searching for the plane and iran, it still not out of the realm of impossibility ... i don't think we will ever find it .. the malaysian govt are just trying to give the families closure .. i wouldn't put it past them getting some pieces from another plane and saying they found it in the indian ocean .. too many iffy things about if make me think this was just some flight that went off course and crashed ...

Chuck
03-25-2014, 08:50 PM
So many ?s: ACARS being turned off; the plane changing directions BEFORE the co-pilot says, "Goodnight"; then the transponders being turned off. Also, different route or way/weigh #s are programmed into the plane after they took off. What made the plane go up to 45,000 ft and back down, and how did it get turned around heading south. I really hope they retrieve those boxes and they can tell us what was happening.

Well, I hope they died before they even knew something was wrong, before that 7-8 hour trip south to the Indian Ocean, that they were spared the knowledge that they were going to their death.

To be honest, at this point, I don't know if I believe the Malaysian gov't., their handling of this from the get-go has been a major **. And they've put those anguished families thru even more hell. They're coming off very shady, incompetent and cruel!

I think it was a Flight 93 Scenario. My guess is that the pilot had bad intentions and either the crew or passengers (both?) intervened and brought the plane down.

Neezar
03-26-2014, 03:57 PM
The malaysians are now saying they think the flotsam found in the Indian Ocean is part of the plane, and have told the families to expect the worse.

The best theory I've heard so far has also come out...apparently, in the case of an accident or some technical problems, the plane can go into an auto circle...that is to say it puts itself into a continued holding pattern.

There is a suggestion that something went wrong onboard, maybe damage due to weather, maybe a technical difficulty, that during that time the planes change in elivation could be explained by the crew taking steps to avoid danger, but failing to do so whatever they were avoiding knocks out communications, and something...maybe a lack of control, puts the plane into a holding pattern.

in this scenario, the crew and passengers are killed by whatever they have encountered, maybe a gas leak, or maybe damage done due to external forces...the plane then spends the next seven hours as a flying ghost ship going round and round in circles until it inevitably runs out of fuel and dives into the ocean.

In such a scenario, those people were dead long before the plane crashed, and more then two and a half weeks ago. There would have been no chance of survival...and the plane should be somewhere very close to where it vanished from radar, since it was in a holding pattern.

My theory is that the Malaysians were not paying due attention to this flight, and that they may not even have known at the time when it dissapeared. I think there is no major power in that part of the world that has really stepped in to help a pretty useless Government...and I'm pretty sure they wont tell us anything until they know absolutely everything

the issue now is simple...that black box only has sonar batteries for a limitted time...if they dont find it soon, the wreck is going to be harder to find...we may already be past that point now...and I personally believe thats about lack of communication within the country and an incapable government.

Remember....this is not a small plane...this is a major plane...they dont just vanish, unless the people supposedly handling them are not watching them and then looose sight of them...

I now think that this is whats happened...and I perfer to think that whatever the initial problem then encountered was mechanical or enginnering fault rather then external forces...I think something blew, and it was like carbon monoxide poisening...and the rest just happened automatically.

Yeah, and the co-pilot says 'Good night' as his last words instead of trying to tell someone what it going on.

:rolleyes: Really, Dave? This ^ is your best theory?

Tyburn
03-26-2014, 06:02 PM
Yeah, and the co-pilot says 'Good night' as his last words instead of trying to tell someone what it going on.

:rolleyes: Really, Dave? This ^ is your best theory?

I am suggesting they did not know anything was wrong. If you end up with a case of carbon monoxide poisening...you never know...you simply fall asleep and never wake up.

I expect that it was an internal mechanical failure of somekind...that they all died long before the plane crashed into the sea...possibly, they were dead before the planes communications went down, before it went into a holding pattern, before the autosystems kicked in.

I prefer to think of that scenario...because it is the most pleasent of the options which fits more then most of the facts...they all fell asleep and simply never woke up...the autopilot took over changing the flight plan, the plane then flew until it ran out of fuel and then crashed.

I didnt make up this theory, its just one of many circulating on the news, and in public :rolleyes:

Neezar
03-27-2014, 02:22 AM
I think they said that the communications were manually turned off. And just before it, the co-pilot said 'Good night'. That doesn't fit in with your theory. imo

BradW
03-27-2014, 02:39 AM
apparently the whole thing was just a dream and
they are now filing out of the shower one by one.

flo
03-27-2014, 06:27 AM
A very good article here (http://sofrep.com/34084/alright-goodnight-malaysia-want-know-happened-flight-mh-370/) discussing it.

rearnakedchoke
03-27-2014, 01:33 PM
I am suggesting they did not know anything was wrong. If you end up with a case of carbon monoxide poisening...you never know...you simply fall asleep and never wake up.

I expect that it was an internal mechanical failure of somekind...that they all died long before the plane crashed into the sea...possibly, they were dead before the planes communications went down, before it went into a holding pattern, before the autosystems kicked in.

I prefer to think of that scenario...because it is the most pleasent of the options which fits more then most of the facts...they all fell asleep and simply never woke up...the autopilot took over changing the flight plan, the plane then flew until it ran out of fuel and then crashed.

I didnt make up this theory, its just one of many circulating on the news, and in public :rolleyes:

imo, that is what they are going to end up saying happened, but they have already released enough information for it to lead me to think that didn't happen .. what are the chances that after he says good nite, with no issues, and the tracking goes off a few minutes later ... then the plane diverts .. also, they stated that they had information earlier that the diversion of the plane was pre-programmed .. i am sure they will come back and say that this was also a "mistake"

Bonnie
03-27-2014, 03:31 PM
I think it was a Flight 93 Scenario. My guess is that the pilot had bad intentions and either the crew or passengers (both?) intervened and brought the plane down.

I've heard this mentioned as one scenario, but then it doesn't fit with the plane flying 8 more hours after communications go dark and it crashing in the south Indian Ocean, IF that's where it really is. I've also heard the scenario Dave is talking about, and if it is in the Indian Ocean, the scenario of a "ghost" plane seems to fit more--like what happened with Payne Stewart's plane in 1999, remember that?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=94839

Stewart’s plane crashed on Oct. 25, 1999, near Aberdeen, S.D. It began veering off course shortly after takeoff from Orlando, Fla., en route to Dallas. Air traffic control lost radio contact with pilots 25 minutes after takeoff, when the plane was climbing through 37,000 feet and located northwest of Gainesville, Fla. The business jet continued to head northwest for more than four hours until apparently running out of fuel.

imo, that is what they are going to end up saying happened, but they have already released enough information for it to lead me to think that didn't happen .. what are the chances that after he says good nite, with no issues, and the tracking goes off a few minutes later ... then the plane diverts .. also, they stated that they had information earlier that the diversion of the plane was pre-programmed .. i am sure they will come back and say that this was also a "mistake"

If the plane is never found it will be much easier for the Malaysian gov't to say "this is what happened". Why come out and tell the families it crashed in the Indian Ocean before there is positive proof, some identifiable piece of/from the plane? They mucked this up from the very beginning and continue to bumble.

Bonnie
03-27-2014, 04:14 PM
A very good article here (http://sofrep.com/34084/alright-goodnight-malaysia-want-know-happened-flight-mh-370/) discussing it.

I'm confused about the transponders. In the article it says the pilots cannot turn them off, but I thought I heard that pilots will turn them off before they land just in case the landing sets them off, I guess just in case they landed hard enough to set them off.

The Emergency Landing Transponders. Depending on the model, the 777 has either 4 or 6 of these transponders located throughout the fuselage. They automatically turn on when they detect rapid deceleration of the aircraft due to a crash landing. The pilots can manually turn this system on to broadcast its signal prior to a crash or ditching at sea or leave it on automatic, but they cannot turn it off.

Bonnie
03-28-2014, 07:28 AM
The latest is they've gotten credible info and are moving north of the current area they've been searching, closer to Perth. The now believe the plane was going faster than originally thought which means it would have run out of fuel sooner so they've adjusted for that now.

If they find anything of the plane, it will be given over to Malaysia since that's where the plane left from originally. This is disturbing considering how they've handled this whole thing so far.

rearnakedchoke
03-28-2014, 01:44 PM
The latest is they've gotten credible info and are moving north of the current area they've been searching, closer to Perth. The now believe the plane was going faster than originally thought which means it would have run out of fuel sooner so they've adjusted for that now.

If they find anything of the plane, it will be given over to Malaysia since that's where the plane left from originally. This is disturbing considering how they've handled this whole thing so far.

yeah, these guys are just grasping at straws now .. its ridiculous .. and the families of the victims know it ... the said they saw 122 objects, but now all of a sudden they are switching the search area to 100 something km northwest or something .. i am still sticking by my theory that the plane is in iran ..

Bonnie
03-28-2014, 04:07 PM
yeah, these guys are just grasping at straws now .. its ridiculous .. and the families of the victims know it ... the said they saw 122 objects, but now all of a sudden they are switching the search area to 100 something km northwest or something .. i am still sticking by my theory that the plane is in iran ..

Or Pakistan. Until they find it, or at least something identifiably linked to that flight, I think we should leave the door open to the possibility that the plane was taken somewhere for evil intentions.

rearnakedchoke
03-28-2014, 05:45 PM
Or Pakistan. Until they find it, or at least something identifiably linked to that flight, I think we should leave the door open to the possibility that the plane was taken somewhere for evil intentions.

yeah .. pakistan is more likely geographically ...

Tyburn
03-28-2014, 07:52 PM
The problem with claiming a rougue nation stole this plane is two fold...first...who steals a plane "with evil intentions" and then does nothing with it for nearly a month :huh:

Secondly...you only really steal a plane for three reasons...firstly, you are trying to transport something from one place to another...who steals a plane with something on board they want to take to the bottom of the ocean?

Two...you steal the plane to use it as a weapon...alright then, where is the target? Why is noone claiming responsibility?

Three you steal the plane for financial reasons...well..forgive me...but three weeks is ample time enough to make hostage demands...if that were the case all the hostages look set to die of old age before the kidnappers get around to even asking for a ransom.

What you dont do is go to the effort of stealing a plane, and then make it vanish and along with all the people on board, say nothing, and never do anything with it.

Now it could be a foiled terrorist action...but remember that one has to be highly organized to pull this off...if its the case...where are the claiments from the organisers not on the plane? and why just one plane...the Flight 93 scenario was not a lone plane flying on its own, but one of a group, a coordinated attack...now where are the other planes? where are the other targets? there was only the one plane, and presumably only the one target.

To me...married with the fact that this plane simply did not have the fuel to traverse massively over the globe, and certainly flew over, or approached no major country with any radar, or missile defence system...that to me says it wasnt a terrorist action.

this was either some freak weather, coupled with damage....some tragic accident of some description...or some encounter with...well...with something that isnt usually, and shouldnt ever be wherever it was...In this category does fall the theories that seriously volcanic waters can cause issues with gas release, changed in pressure, that might manifest themselves in ways which would bring down aircrafts and scupper ships...but only one region on the planet seems to be prone to that...and...before you ask...that plane did not have the fuel to make it to Bermuda :laugh:

The malaysians are incompetant though, when it comes to this search...they probably lost it when they should have kept it on radar, they probably know more facts then they are telling...and texting the surviving relatives is just inappropriate IMHO :unsure:

Bonnie
03-29-2014, 06:41 AM
The problem with claiming a rougue nation stole this plane is two fold...first...who steals a plane "with evil intentions" and then does nothing with it for nearly a month :huh:

Secondly...you only really steal a plane for three reasons...firstly, you are trying to transport something from one place to another...who steals a plane with something on board they want to take to the bottom of the ocean?

Two...you steal the plane to use it as a weapon...alright then, where is the target? Why is noone claiming responsibility?

Three you steal the plane for financial reasons...well..forgive me...but three weeks is ample time enough to make hostage demands...if that were the case all the hostages look set to die of old age before the kidnappers get around to even asking for a ransom.

What you dont do is go to the effort of stealing a plane, and then make it vanish and along with all the people on board, say nothing, and never do anything with it.

Now it could be a foiled terrorist action...but remember that one has to be highly organized to pull this off...if its the case...where are the claiments from the organisers not on the plane? and why just one plane...the Flight 93 scenario was not a lone plane flying on its own, but one of a group, a coordinated attack...now where are the other planes? where are the other targets? there was only the one plane, and presumably only the one target.

To me...married with the fact that this plane simply did not have the fuel to traverse massively over the globe, and certainly flew over, or approached no major country with any radar, or missile defence system...that to me says it wasnt a terrorist action.

this was either some freak weather, coupled with damage....some tragic accident of some description...or some encounter with...well...with something that isnt usually, and shouldnt ever be wherever it was...In this category does fall the theories that seriously volcanic waters can cause issues with gas release, changed in pressure, that might manifest themselves in ways which would bring down aircrafts and scupper ships...but only one region on the planet seems to be prone to that...and...before you ask...that plane did not have the fuel to make it to Bermuda :laugh:

The malaysians are incompetant though, when it comes to this search...they probably lost it when they should have kept it on radar, they probably know more facts then they are telling...and texting the surviving relatives is just inappropriate IMHO :unsure:

:laugh:

Okay, we'll hold off on THAT theory until we see what happens with this newest search area. :laugh:

Tyburn
03-29-2014, 01:46 PM

Okay, we'll hold off on THAT theory until we see what happens with this newest search area. :laugh:

:laugh: I think thats a very good idea :laugh:

Neezar
03-31-2014, 12:42 PM
Plane is for sale on craigs list.

Tyburn
03-31-2014, 06:48 PM
Plane is for sale on craigs list.

Reminds me of the political joke shouted out by that stupid MP at the State Opening of Parliament

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2svfQjqkHNw

Tyburn
03-31-2014, 07:29 PM
...and incase your wondering...the man makes a joke at the same point every year....

here is a collection of them :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMSCITZB7ws