PDA

View Full Version : UFC P4P Bracket

VCURamFan
04-01-2009, 03:47 AM
So, I was bemoaning my terrible March Madness bracket & I had an idea: the UFC refuses to put together another tournament style card, so I figured I'd do it for them, bracket & all:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w291/westcottbd/UFCBracket.jpg

Before you start bombarding me with questions, here's how I worked out the seedings:

Champions were shoe-ins for 1 seeds (Brock is the least experienced of the 5, so he was bumped to a 2 seed). From there, I looked to a few different factors: win streaks, win percentages, notable wins, etc. Basically, I drew up a top ten for each division, then weighed them against each other for a top-32 P4P.

OK, so let the discussions begin. Remember: try to pretend that everyone has been magically resized to be relatively the same (though no matter how you slice it, Brock is still one big m-fer!!).

Chuck
04-01-2009, 04:09 AM
after bombing the MM bracket... I'm afraid to touch this one... I'll just pick Matt to lose in the first round and he'd be virtually guaranteed a spot in the championship fight...

:D

County Mike
04-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Here's mine (assuming all the same size)

http://www.countysports.com/images/UFCBracket.jpg

mikthehick
04-01-2009, 12:33 PM
wow Ben, how much time do you have again in free time?? :huh:

Llamafighter
04-01-2009, 12:46 PM
I don't like that Matt and Chuck have to fight in the 2nd round:(

Awesome job puttign it together though!

rearnakedchoke
04-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Here's mine (assuming all the same size)

http://www.countysports.com/images/UFCBracket.jpg
very nice ... i would change chuck over bj and nog over forrest and the rest are pretty nice ......

rockdawg21
04-01-2009, 01:25 PM
Question...are we talking about when everybody is in their respective primes or current? That's definitely going to make a difference in picks. Once I have that info, I'll submit a bracket.

County Mike
04-01-2009, 01:27 PM
very nice ... i would change chuck over bj and nog over forrest and the rest are pretty nice ......

Straight up I would pick Chuck to beat BJ but assuming they were all the same size, I think BJ is a better fighter - especially on the ground. Nog in his prime might beat Forrest but right now, at the same size, I think Forrest is better. I'm going by the fighters current status, ability, etc.

Not assuming each in their prime. That would change a few picks.

rearnakedchoke
04-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Straight up I would pick Chuck to beat BJ but assuming they were all the same size, I think BJ is a better fighter - especially on the ground. Nog in his prime might beat Forrest but right now, at the same size, I think Forrest is better. I'm going by the fighters current status, ability, etc.

Not assuming each in their prime. That would change a few picks.
yeah .. i guess we would have to see if BJ could take chuck down ... randy wasn't able to in 2 & 3, and tito wasn't able to ... that is why i would take chuck .. also, i think the forrest fight would go to the ground and nog would have a field day with forrest .. but hey, this is a P4P bracket, so your picks are still yours ..LOL .. good picks though ..

VCURamFan
04-01-2009, 06:36 PM
Here's the assumptions for the brackets:

1) Everyone is at their current performance level. I might do a UFC GOAT bracket later, but this one is for the "current" UFC P4P Champ
2) Everyone is the same proportional size. If a guy looks small compared to his weight class, then he's small. Example: Kenny & Anderson are both fairly long & lean for their weight classes, so assume they'd be the roughly same size.

As for how much free time I have, the answer is none. I've been using this as a pressure release. I've got 5 different papers due in 3 classes over the next 5 weeks, and they're all in the 6-10 page range. Toss in work & trombone lessons & rehearsals for my upcoming concert, I've been swamped (hence my recent absence from around here).

VCURamFan
04-01-2009, 06:38 PM
yeah .. i guess we would have to see if BJ could take chuck down ... randy wasn't able to in 2 & 3, and tito wasn't able to ... that is why i would take chuck .. also, i think the forrest fight would go to the ground and nog would have a field day with forrest .. but hey, this is a P4P bracket, so your picks are still yours ..LOL .. good picks though ..Also don't forget that Chuck & BJ always got a spare tire in their fights, so this is a match of the fatties!

Max
04-02-2009, 03:17 PM
so here are my picks.
I pick:
ROUND 1

Hendo over GSP
Randy over Okami
Rampage over Sherk
Florian over Rich

BJ over Chuck
Matt over Dirty
Fitch over Bisping
Machida over Davis

Rashad over Kos
Mir over Leites
Maynard over Swick
Alves over Clay

Silva over Hamill
Nog over Forrest
Carwin over Maya
Brock over Nate

ROUND 2

Hendo over Randy
Rampage over Ken-Flo

BJ over Matt
Machida over Fitch

Rashad over Mir
Alves over Maynard

Silva over Nog
Brock over Carwin

ROUND 3

Rampage over Hendo

BJ over Machida

Rashad over Alves

Silva over Brock

FINAL FOUR

BJ over Rampage

Silva over Rashad

FINALS

Silva over BJ

rearnakedchoke
04-02-2009, 03:42 PM
so here are my picks.
I pick:
ROUND 1

Hendo over GSP
Randy over Okami
Rampage over Sherk
Florian over Rich

BJ over Chuck
Matt over Dirty
Fitch over Bisping
Machida over Davis

Rashad over Kos
Mir over Leites
Maynard over Swick
Alves over Clay

Silva over Hamill
Nog over Forrest
Carwin over Maya
Brock over Nate

ROUND 2

Hendo over Randy
Rampage over Ken-Flo

BJ over Matt
Machida over Fitch

Rashad over Mir
Alves over Maynard

Silva over Nog
Brock over Carwin

ROUND 3

Rampage over Hendo

BJ over Machida

Rashad over Alves

Silva over Brock

FINAL FOUR

BJ over Rampage

Silva over Rashad

FINALS

Silva over BJ

LOL ... BJ doesn't get out of the first round and GSP smashes hendo ... you are just posting crap now ...

Max
04-02-2009, 03:47 PM
LOL ... BJ doesn't get out of the first round and GSP smashes hendo ... you are just posting crap now ...
Chuck does nothing better than BJ, BJ would eat Chuck alive if they both weighed the same. Also, I dont think GSP can take Hendo down. If the GSP v Hendo fight stays standing I think Hendo catches GSP with a right and puts him out.

rearnakedchoke
04-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Chuck does nothing better than BJ, BJ would eat Chuck alive if they both weighed the same. Also, I dont think GSP can take Hendo down. If the GSP v Hendo fight stays standing I think Hendo catches GSP with a right and puts him out.

BJ wouldn't be able to take down chuck without getting KO'd ... randy who is a good wrestler couldn't do it in their last 2 fights, tito couldn't Chuck would keep it standing and win the battle of the sparetires as Ben put it ...

and GSP couldn't take Hendo down? GSP has taken everyone down, Matt, KOS who are also good wrestlers and he did it at will and with east ... he takes out Hendo anyway he pleases .....

Max
04-02-2009, 04:04 PM
BJ wouldn't be able to take down chuck without getting KO'd ... randy who is a good wrestler couldn't do it in their last 2 fights, tito couldn't Chuck would keep it standing and win the battle of the sparetires as Ben put it ...

and GSP couldn't take Hendo down? GSP has taken everyone down, Matt, KOS who are also good wrestlers and he did it at will and with east ... he takes out Hendo anyway he pleases .....
Im not sure BJ would even try to take Chuck down. BJ has more than enough power in his hands to put Chuck out. Chuck has been dropped at least once in his last 4 fights. BJ would pick Chuck apart until he landed the shot that made Chuck go to sleep.

Matt and Kos are good wrestlers but Heno is on a different level. The guy was a former olympian. In fact if the fight goes to the clinch I would bet Hendo takes GSP down. I think GSP would beat most people on that list I just think Hendo is a bad match up for him.

rearnakedchoke
04-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Im not sure BJ would even try to take Chuck down. BJ has more than enough power in his hands to put Chuck out. Chuck has been dropped at least once in his last 4 fights. BJ would pick Chuck apart until he landed the shot that made Chuck go to sleep.

Matt and Kos are good wrestlers but Heno is on a different level. The guy was a former olympian. In fact if the fight goes to the clinch I would bet Hendo takes GSP down. I think GSP would beat most people on that list I just think Hendo is a bad match up for him.

hendo has been taken down and subbed before ... GSP would just take him down and pound him out ... being an olympian wrestler is great credentials, but they don't have to worry about someone punching or kicking them, once you put that element in there, it is a totally different story ....

bj44
04-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Hendo was taken down at will by bustamante and ninja rua

your just a hater

Max
04-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Hendo was taken down at will by bustamante and ninja rua

your just a hater
he also won both those fights.

rearnakedchoke
04-02-2009, 05:08 PM

right, but those were rua and bustamante who would never be on a p4p list ... gsp is ... it would probably be similar to anderson/hendo yet end up with gsp winning via tko

Max
04-02-2009, 05:24 PM
right, but those were rua and bustamante who would never be on a p4p list ... gsp is ... it would probably be similar to anderson/hendo yet end up with gsp winning via tko
and GSP got TKOed by Serra. Silva got tapped out by Chonan and Takase. Over all I think GSP is the #3 best P4P fighter in the world. I just think Hendo is a bad match up for him.

rearnakedchoke
04-02-2009, 05:57 PM
and GSP got TKOed by Serra. Silva got tapped out by Chonan and Takase. Over all I think GSP is the #3 best P4P fighter in the world. I just think Hendo is a bad match up for him.
when i saw the bracket, i thought that bj and gsp had the toughest first rounds ... again, there is no sense in arguing i guess, we might as well argue over who would win in a race, flash or speedy gonzalez ... (for the record flash would kick his ass and if you think otherwise, you are a noob) ...

Max
04-02-2009, 06:48 PM
when i saw the bracket, i thought that bj and gsp had the toughest first rounds ... again, there is no sense in arguing i guess, we might as well argue over who would win in a race, flash or speedy gonzalez ... (for the record flash would kick his ass and if you think otherwise, you are a noob) ...
I agree BJ and GSP have the toughest first rounds, and maybe even the toughest road to the final. GSP, if he beats Hendo, then has Randy and prob then Rampage. BJ has Chuck, Matt and Machida. If they both get through that they then have to fight each other, and without the weight adv that is a much closer fight.

Oh and Flash would def crush Speedy Gonzalez.

VCURamFan
04-02-2009, 06:55 PM
I agree BJ and GSP have the toughest first rounds, and maybe even the toughest road to the final. GSP, if he beats Hendo, then has Randy and prob then Rampage. BJ has Chuck, Matt and Machida. If they both get through that they then have to fight each other, and without the weight adv that is a much closer fight.

Oh and Flash would def crush Speedy Gonzalez.I'll be honest, I made sure to put Randy & GSP in the same bracket because I thought that the behind-the-scenes match-up was so interesting: who would come up with a better gameplan for their fighter: Shawn Tompkins or Greg Jackson.

bj44
04-02-2009, 07:37 PM
he shoudlnt have

dan has won a few fights he should of lost

bj44
04-02-2009, 07:37 PM
double post