PDA

View Full Version : So, I just went to the gas station...

J.B.
03-31-2009, 10:57 PM
And Q101 Radio from Chicago was all set up and handing out free hats, stickers, and other crap. When I walked past the table, I noticed a box with some entry forms to win tickets to WEC in Chicago this Sunday. I was just looking at the form, even though I was not gonna fill one out, and the guy from Q101 just came up to me and asked me if I wanted to go to the fight.

Of course I said "hell yeah", and then he just gave me 3 free tickets. :laugh:

How crazy is that?

Anybody else near Chicago going to this fight?

logrus
03-31-2009, 11:59 PM
I was suppose to go with Kim, but something on my end came up and now those plans got pushed. >< :cry:

J.B.
04-01-2009, 12:10 AM
I have slightly been out of the loop on keeping up with MMA news besides what gets posted around here. I know I heard about WEC coming to Chicago, but I had no idea that it was this week.

The tickets say Torres vs Bowles, but WEC's website says Torres vs Mizugaki. Anybody know what that is all about? Did Bowles get hurt or something?

Other than that it looks like a decent card, not the best, but hey I ain't complaining. Any free tickets are awesome!

Tyburn
04-01-2009, 09:53 PM
:w00t: congratulations on the tickets :happydancing:

Logrus...I'm sorry :cry:

J.B.
04-01-2009, 10:41 PM
Thanks Dave

I had no problem finding people to go even though it's a Sunday night, lol.

I like this venue it's at too. I saw Pantera play there back in the day. :wink:

Llamafighter
04-01-2009, 10:59 PM
Good for you brother! Torres is a monster!

County Mike
04-02-2009, 12:14 AM
SWEET!

KevinD
04-02-2009, 01:24 PM
sounds like Christmas came early....very nice!

Buzzard
04-05-2009, 09:03 PM
I have slightly been out of the loop on keeping up with MMA news besides what gets posted around here. I know I heard about WEC coming to Chicago, but I had no idea that it was this week.

The tickets say Torres vs Bowles, but WEC's website says Torres vs Mizugaki. Anybody know what that is all about? Did Bowles get hurt or something?

Other than that it looks like a decent card, not the best, but hey I ain't complaining. Any free tickets are awesome!

I heard Bowles suffered a back injury. Damn, I was looking forward to this fight.

http://www.cagepotato.com/brian-bowles-injured-out-wec-40-fight-against-miguel-torres

TexasRN
04-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Wow, free tickets are awesome!! I'll be watching it until I have to go to bed and then will tape it. I hate missing the main event and staying off the mma forums until I finally get to see it.

~Amy

VCURamFan
04-06-2009, 12:24 AM
Wow, free tickets are awesome!! I'll be watching it until I have to go to bed and then will tape it. I hate missing the main event and staying off the mma forums until I finally get to see it.

~AmyO, don't sweat it, I'll txt you the winner!:wink:

TexasRN
04-06-2009, 12:25 AM
O, don't sweat it, I'll txt you the winner!:wink:

Turd.

~Amy

VCURamFan
04-06-2009, 12:47 AM
Turd.

~AmyThat's what I do!

Tyburn
04-06-2009, 12:50 AM