PDA

View Full Version : Single greatest Ruler of the Ancient and medieval times

Crisco
03-31-2009, 08:34 PM
Who is your opinion was the Single greatest Ruler of the Ancient and medieval times...

Greatest of course being subjective but in your opinion who tops your list as the more inspirational and praise worthy?

I'll weight in after a few opinions have been posted.

(Christ doesn't count) lol No offense intended toward God of course.

Moose
03-31-2009, 08:42 PM
Who is your opinion was the Single greatest Ruler of the Ancient and medieval times...

Greatest of course being subjective but in your opinion who tops your list as the more inspirational and praise worthy?

I'll weight in after a few opinions have been posted.

(Christ doesn't count) lol No offense intended toward God of course.

Saladin.

psych! I meant Ghengis Khan.

Vizion
03-31-2009, 08:45 PM
Ancient: Alexander

Crisco
03-31-2009, 08:58 PM
Please include a brief explaination of why you chose the specific ruler =)

Chris F
03-31-2009, 10:06 PM
Ancient- Belshazzar Akkadian Prince of Babylon. mostly because of the cool stories in the OT

Mid Evil- I hate this period of History so I have no opinion on it.

County Mike
03-31-2009, 10:33 PM
Caligula! Watch the movie.

rockdawg21
03-31-2009, 11:03 PM
Rajah Lapu Lapu, because he killed Ferdinand Magellan in the Battle of Mactan. Meaning, what you've been taught about Ferdinand Magellan being the first person to circumnavigate the world is a lie. Long live Lapu Lapu!

Chris F
03-31-2009, 11:30 PM
Caligula! Watch the movie.

He was a few fries short of a happy meal and the elevator never made it to the top floor.

Jonlion
03-31-2009, 11:38 PM
William the Conqueror.

At 10 his gaurdian was murdered and his inheritance under threat but he fought and when he got older proved himself and won the Duchy.

After consolidating it, he then made it strong and won many battles beating Geoffrey martel of Anjou and winning Maine!

After making it strong, he set about the Conquest of England, and those hardy Normans, came, saw and they damm well Conquered!

At the Battle of Hastings, they cut down the King and won England.

He built Castles, made new Towns etc etc and the conquest was complete.

At the same time with the help of the most eminent Archbishop Lanfranc, he built many churches and reformed the English Church which was in sore disrepair.

Great man, who was relatively pious if not a little brutal at times, and from what we can tell faithful to his devoted wife Matilda.

Great man, great ruler and he is the only man to fully subdue England, ever!

HERO!

Jonlion
03-31-2009, 11:41 PM
I like Hannibal of the ancients!

Charlemagne was amazing and i love Edward Longshanks, the Hammer of the Scots, because he literally hammered those Scots in battle!

Great King.

Louis the V and Louis VII were pretty cool.

Then the great Frederick the II, antichrist or the last Emperor, a great personality and intriguing fellow. I wrote an interesting essay on him for anyone who is interested.

logrus
03-31-2009, 11:42 PM
HE wasn't technically a ruler but Spartacus was a bad bad man. Considering he took a few thousand slaves and turned into 200k+. The man gave Rome all she could handle.

Jonlion
03-31-2009, 11:48 PM
HE wasn't technically a ruler but Spartacus was a bad bad man. Considering he took a few thousand slaves and turned into 200k+. The man gave Rome all she could handle.

I am Spartacus......................................... .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VCURamFan
04-01-2009, 03:11 AM
Ghengis Khan

Moose
04-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Greatest conquerer: Ghengis Khan.

Greatest ruler: Hammurabi

Tyburn
04-01-2009, 10:31 PM
Queen Elizabeth First :)